-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Might as well have been Dick's that bought them out... crapola!

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
GB1

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Too bad. SW had a way better supply of reloading components than Cowbellers. Hunting clothing always kinda sucked anyway. Maybe Johnny Morris is betting on Joe or Ho to put the skids on the internet sales of ammo and components? I liked SW better that Cowbellers anyway. BPS sucks. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Frankly, for mom and pop gun shops having the big corporate stores with crappy selections and so-so prices merge into bigger crappier stores with even crappier prices is a good thing. Of course the small LGS will get the bubbas with a Big 5 ad expecting to buy a Mossberg 500 or 10/22 for $100 but those morons easily dealt with. Small independent LGS are not going anywhere. The advantage that online sales once enjoyed was the non-collection of sales tax but slowly the states are destroying that too. After closing my shop I said that I could make way more money with way less aggravation and licensing if I just opened a photo hut sized business that didn’t stock a single firearm but instead did transfers for online sales. No out of pocket money for inventory. No stupid gun morons that want to fingerfuck everything without buying. No bullshit stories about how the now 350# guy in front of me used to be a SEAL sniper which is why he wants a 30-30 because that’s what he carried in combat. No multimillion dollar liability insurance policy. No ATF spending days going through your inventory. No worries about theft. No hiring employees and staffing issues. No employee theft, etc

Small, simple, easy...

The last ones went out of business here 15 years ago. Too often they can't get decent inventory.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sportsman's here has been CHIT for years, as for Cabelas. A local place, JAX, and Scheels, kill those 2 worthless stores.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I thought SW got ruined when the owner got caught screwing his secretary, his wife found out, and he had to shut down and sell half his stores...

A lot more illicit secretary pumping goes on
than ever gets published.
I've been put out of 2 companies that closed
up for liquidation after the head man was
caught being the "head " man
I don't have any business degree other than
working every day, and even I know not to
sh*t in my own nest .

Puts the f in GFY, don't it?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can anyone tell me why this is bad and why I'm supposed to be angry? I havent been in a bass pro in years, nor a cabelas. I do have a sportsmans warehouse very close. Seriously asking because I dont know

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Can anyone tell me why this is bad and why I'm supposed to be angry? I havent been in a bass pro in years, nor a cabelas. I do have a sportsmans warehouse very close. Seriously asking because I dont know

Competition loss is bad.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just wait until BassCabs Warehouse gets woke, gets favors from local politicians and starts sucking the assess of BHA.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Scheels is great, I love going there.

Same.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You'll see. Everybody loves surprises. Except you after this.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kaboku68
All I know is that they better continue to leave us the employee discount or I am going to switch over to the LGS or the other LGS for my part time job. Fotis will say the same thing. That is the only reason that 75% of the employees work there.

'

When I was with Cabela's the discount was damn good, bAss Pro's sucks unless you're buying branded crap.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
looks like further consolidation of the industry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
BPS ruined Cabela's, but maybe BPS learned something from having screwed up Cabela's so badly and will let SW run as an independent operating company. The quality of Cabela's clothing lines dropped like a rock when they stopped being Cabela's brands and started being BPS brands.

Cabela's had pretty strict quality control on their products, bAss Pro, not hardly the mark up on their crap is 150-200%. JM loves junk that is where he makes his money. He is not a firearm enthusiast and only has them to keep people coming in. When I met with him regarding the Gun Library he did not have a grasp on it at all. He spoke as if, shut down would give more floor space to more profitable products.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bass Pro completely screwed up Cabelas in less than a year, would expect the same of SW.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaboku68
We never have any inventory on anything. No guns, handguns, shotguns, limited ammo, fishing stuff, or even workable camping stuff. We sure have a lot of extra cheap camo though. They took the whole field and stream staff and made them buyers and that screwed up stuff. They even have us wearing new vests that look like walmart. those things came about two weeks ago. I should have guessed that the end was near.

My fear is my son Sam will keep this one open just buying knives. 🤦🏼‍♂️

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Gunchamp
Wait until you go in for bullets and find an empty shelf behind the .308 180 gr., one box of. 243 60 gr., and not even an empty spot for .41 210 gr. Just an example, deoending on what you need.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

You're going back to the age of 100% cotton clothes from China that haven't anything remotely predictable regarding fit. Virtually no reloading components/tools/hardware. Camping and fishing gear reminiscent of any Wal-Mart that's within 10Mi of a lake. Firearms inventories will approximate that of K-Mart during it's death-throes.

Last edited by horse1; 12/22/20.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a mini Sportsman’s where I live and it already sucks. I usually had to drive 30-50 miles to a full size Sportsman’s or I just go the Scheels. I will now just go straight to Scheels.

I do sometimes stop at Cabelas in Lehi, UT to see just how bad it has become. It’s a train wreck.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i really don't understand why so many formerly great and iconic brand retailers have to cave to the conglomerates and hedge funds. if they bob and weave a bit, which would not be easy, maybe a reset is possible.

but who knows, maybe it opens the door for start ups setting themselves apart

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sse
i really don't understand why so many formerly great and iconic brand retailers have to cave to the conglomerates and hedge funds. if they bob and weave a bit, which would not be easy, maybe a reset is possible.

but who knows, maybe it opens the door for start ups setting themselves apart

Its all about ownership. The founders get offered some serious coin for their business, they gotta retire some day right? And they're taken over by huge holding companies that don't know or care about hunting, shooting or the lifestyle. They hire efficiency experts to stream line everything in to buy and selling junk the more with their logo the better. Race to the bottom.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 1234, 16penny, 51 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,643
Posts18,474,514
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.