Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
wyattd Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
While I still can I'd like to purchase a very nice AR15 in 5.56 from one of the premium builders i.e. Daniel Defense, BCM, etc.... Priorities are....

1. Ultra reliable and reasonably accurate.
2. Ability of builder to deliver on the order in a reasonable time. +/- 3 months reasonable?
3. Budget $1k to $2k for rifle only.
4. Compatible with a suppressor. I'm about to start the process of purchasing one and want to use primarily on this AR. What barrel length?

I'd really like whomever I choose to be able to talk with the builder directly to discuss options and not have to count on a dealer as a middle man.

Let me know some opinions of what builders I should narrow my search down to hopefully order a rifle soon.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're not going to be able to just call up a smith at DD or BCM or anywhere similar and chitchat. You and a million other people have decided that you finally want an AR.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
W
wyattd Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
I don't expect to talk to the smith. But talking to a rep on the phone that is knowledgeable about their products is what I'm talking about. And I have an AR. I just want another one. A nice one.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I just took a quick look at BCM and DD's websites and there's not one thing listed as in stock, so all I'll say is, good luck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wyattd
I don't expect to talk to the smith. But talking to a rep on the phone that is knowledgeable about their products is what I'm talking about. And I have an AR. I just want another one. A nice one.

You're going to have to go through a retailer.

There's nothing a CS rep can tell you that isn't public knowledge. At this point you really need to be ready to buy something as soon as it comes in stock and be willing to get something that's not exactly what you want.

IC B2

W
wyattd Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Yep. I’ve looked around for in stock units. That’s why I asked about delivery on orders.

W
wyattd Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Thanks B. That’s good info.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Yep. I’ve looked around for in stock units. That’s why I asked about delivery on orders.
Your best bet is to find the biggest local gun shops and get put on the waiting list for the distributor that they do the most business with. Sales reps try to keep their best customers happy. Like others have said, the makers you listed make production guns, which they list on their website, they don't do one-off customs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For a little more money, get a KAC, a LMT or a Radian Weapons rifle as my top 3.

Call Chuck & Kelley's Enterprises in Key West about the KAC as he's a big & well connected dealer.

Radian, you'll have to go direct with & wait 12-16 weeks, but you will get a gun & it will be good.

LMT, today, who knows.

BCM has uppers available upon order, not sure about complete guns.

No idea about Sons of Liberty, direct either.

But if you don't get in line, you'll never be in line.

MM

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Just an aside---I see these posts on various forums. People who all of a sudden want an AR and not just any AR, it has to be the "Special One". It's about 9 months too late for that. What I would do is look around and if I found one even remotely similar to what I wanted from FN, Colt, LMT, KAC, DD, BCM and one or two others, I'd jump on it. And I'd be prepared to pay today's premium.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spot on...................

But for all the wanna be's, please carry on.

MM

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Will this work?

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/super-duty-rifle-16-5-56mm-prod137308.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=GEISSELE%2bAUTOMATICS%2bLLC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, the Geiselle's are top shelf.................forgot about them as they've been unobtainium, even before the recent extreme shortages.

MM

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Somebody should tell them that there are other adjectives than "Super". grin

Last edited by UPhiker; 12/22/20.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by charleeontop
Will this work?

https://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/super-duty-rifle-16-5-56mm-prod137308.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=GEISSELE%2bAUTOMATICS%2bLLC

No flys on that except the cheap A2 grip. Replace that with something that fells good in your hand and rock on.

They are still in stock. I'd jump on it before that changes.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's actually a Geissele grip with the same angle and finger groove as the A2. Which is perhaps stupider than just putting an A2 on it.

I picked up a 14.5" Super Duty a few weeks ago. They're very, very nice.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The Geisseles have had limited availability lately, as have some LMT's. You can find a BCM or DD in the secondary market, if you look hard enough. Same with uppers and lowers and put one together. But, it's no easy task.

As was stated, 9 months ago was the time to be hustling up. You've near waited til its too late. Like a million other people.

I've got my name on several waiting lists and have not heard a peep.. But I don't "need" one.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I ordered my Geissele it was on their "more coming soon" list. It shipped within a week and a half.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Wilson Combat. A real, live, knowledgeable person picks up the phone,

When I ordered mine, they said put your deposit down and your on the build list, stated 8-12 weeks,

8 weeks later the phone rang.

They aint cheap.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Euro Optic has an 18" JP-15 in stock, if anyone is looking for an SPR type of build.

https://www.eurooptic.com/JP-Enterprises-JP-15-223-Rem-Precision-Rifle.aspx

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (338reddog, BABore, AdamT204, 10gaugemag, 6MMWASP, 7 invisible), 1,663 guests, and 700 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,954
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.