Print Thread
Hop To
B
Blitz Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Just wondering what all of you use to ship various Savage related items. I've had TERRIBLE luck and experience with the USPS, 2 day priority taking over 2 weeks to either ship or receive. Are there any restrictions as to what the other carriers will accept and is the delivery times any better?

Thanks in advance and...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Blitz

Happiness is the purpose of Conscious Life
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
UPS & FED X will be quicker, fire arms, you must go to a hub, the little pkg stores won't ship, as far as cost can't help

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blitz
Just wondering what all of you use to ship various Savage related items. I've had TERRIBLE luck and experience with the USPS, 2 day priority taking over 2 weeks to either ship or receive. Are there any restrictions as to what the other carriers will accept and is the delivery times any better?

Thanks in advance and...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Blitz

Ups and Fed EX have cut back on what they will except. The USPS doesn't have that luxury. So everything the other carriers won't take has been dumped on the USPS. There has been an unprecidented volume increase due to covid 19. Everybody buying everything online. The USPS is running with skeleton labor force right now especially in distribution centers. Think about it: If one person in the plant test positive, then everybody they have come in close contact with at work has to quarantine 14 days. That could be 30 or 40 people. If you have 200 people working in a distribution center and 4 or 5 positive tests....well you do the math. If you double the volume of mail and have half as many people to work it, you have what we have right now. Distribution centers packed full of mail front to back and top to bottom with nobody to work the mail, nobody to truck the mail and nobody to deliver the mail. And more mail coming in on top of it everyday. It is going to take a while to work through the back log. Don't expect anything you put in the mail right now to get anywhere in any reasonable amount of time.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Packages are being strewn all over the country .

I shipped a parcel USPS priority flat rate , which was going from Maine to Eastern Pennsylvania . The package is currently in North Dakota .

North Dakota .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some of the distribution centers are to the point that they just can't take anymore mail. So mail is being sent wherever it can be worked. Sometimes that means sending it way out of it's way just to get it someplace where it can be processed. The alternative is it sits for weeks and weeks.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't ship anything valuable until Feb.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just made a list of items I'm waiting on, cuz they're all slow or late! Springs and pins, .227 Hornady expander button, altimeter for the truck, Enfield sling loops, oh and a pre war 99R! Yikes!

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I bought a 99G this month, it was shipped 3 day USPS priority from Ohio. It took 9 days to go the first 94 miles to Cincinnati, and another 6 days to get here.
I bought a few things from an auction a couple days later. it was shipped UPS and arrived here 4 days after it was shipped.

So it's your choice. 15 days via USPS with no useful tracking, or 4 days via UPS (FedEx is probably the same).

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I recently got 3 items off eBay USPS and they took 4 to 5 days and one that took 4 days included Sunday. I just sold a sight on eBay, mailed it USPS First Class parcel Monday in WI and it got delivered today @ 2:01 PM (Wednesday) in Indiana... you have to stay on good terms with them!

Gene
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Or maybe just make sure it avoids Ohio??? grin

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think Gene is right about one thing. (Actually that didn't come out right, Gene is usually right about everything)

First class mail seems to be moving better than priority mail right now....

~Admiral Yamamoto~

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wife in her 35th year with USPS. She told me one of the MD plants has 300 employees. Today they had 9 at work.

At another unnamed distribution center there are 10 trucks waiting to unload mail even as we speak. No place to put it, except the parking lot

~Admiral Yamamoto~

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I mailed an item for return to Minnesota ,,,, Had a prepaid return addy and printed label ,,Mailed Dec 11,sat at the local PO FOR 7 DAYS ,,,,Went 10 miles to the ST LOUIS HUB hazelwood ,,, and just when out to Minnysota yesterday .....Have a fellow on another board, i visit , That works for the post office ,,,He getting He$$ from everyone ,,,,He said letters are supposed to fly to destination in 2 days for 56 cents ,,He said they are crazy ,,,,,,,,,,,
I told him ,and others have ,that noone mails letters anymore ,,,,,and dont know how mail made it across the Country for 17 cents back in the day ,,,,,We are hard on the little fellow ,,He gets upset lol
But good news The Bailout is giving the Post Office 10 BILLION ,,,EVAY I digress
We gave 1 billion in 2014 to pakistan 33 billion over the last 15 years ,,,But thank goodness orange man stopped that nonsense in 2018

Work hard ... play hard

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 41 invisible), 2,135 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,578
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.