Campfire Kahuna
I pray she gets well soon!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I pray you and your wife do well Paul.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MichieD
My sister in law has it, aches/fever/runs. She doesn't work, but her husband is still working, you know, because they're both staunch democrats and union people, so it doesn't apply to them.

From all the people that I know (including a daughter and son) that have had COVID none of them mentioned the runs as a symptom. Is your sister in law sure she's not a false positive with just the flu?

Paul, I hope you don't test positive and that your wife gets over it quickly.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I hope she feels better soon. I’m sure that it’s scary in the moment but odds are overwhelmingly good that you both will feel better in a few days and have it behind you.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Have your wife try to stay as active as possible. Just lying around does no good. Try to keep the lungs clear.
I had a "mild" case and it worked for me. I have sinus problems from "stuff" in the fall and I thought it was just taking longer than normal to clear up. Then my wife and I were out for a walk and she smelled someone cooking with the kitchen exhaust fan on. I couldn't smell it. Then she said someone was burning wood in the fireplace, and I couldn't smell that, either. My symptoms weren't that bad, just long lasting. It's been 5+ weeks and I still have a bit of a cough.

Last edited by UPhiker; 12/24/20.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
My sister in law has it, aches/fever/runs. She doesn't work, but her husband is still working, you know, because they're both staunch democrats and union people, so it doesn't apply to them.

From all the people that I know (including a daughter and son) that have had COVID none of them mentioned the runs as a symptom. Is your sister in law sure she's not a false positive with just the flu?

It is a symptom sometimes. Mrs slumlord gets 15-20 cases a day, I hear it being discussed while making a sammy 😐

But then many people don’t even run a temperature.

Any virus has the potential to upturn the digestive system.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope she gets well soon Paul.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

My wife and I are on about day 10. They gave me a double steroid dose yesterday to try to turn away pneumonia. The clinic said that a 160 dose of steroids had showed more impact on it than about anything they’ve done. Keep an eye on oxygen levels and do some deep breathing exercises and try to move around.

We’ve been on zinc, vit d and vit c for years but it still got us.

Turning to pneumonia is the big worry.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry to hear this Paul, best wishes for you both.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tough situation. All our best for a quick recovery...

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Bearcat, is your steroid an inhaler or injection? Or tablet?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
So sorry buddy. I'll lift her up.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Her doctor has told her to do nothing other than isolate for 7 days minimum. I find it odd that at this point we haven't established any best practices relative to early interventions. NOTHING is to be taken prophylactically?
I am sorry for you, as this must be discouraging. My wife is thoroughly convinced about some helpful therapies - I think she is correct but do not go around spewing advice. if you wish such info, just send a PM. Hope you both are getting better soon.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That's a heck of a Christmas present, hope all goes well. I'd be making some calls trying to find another doctor. Your wife needs to be on a Z pak, prednisone and large doses of zinc and vitamin D at a very minimum. Seems to me if your one of the one's that the China flu hits hard, waiting is the wrong treatment.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayers send Paul .

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Bearcat, is your steroid an inhaler or injection? Or tablet?

Double dose was an injection

My wife tested positive first. The clinic told her to go rest and gave her a rocephin shot.

I went the next day and got a steroid shot, rocephin shot, prednisone pills and a a pack.

Our oxygen levels stayed 96-98 but it felt like we were both smothering. When we went back they checked us out again, said all clear but will give double steroid injection to wife because she didn’t have an injection the first time. After a minute they said I didn’t look like I had osteoporosis so I would get the double dose injection.

That was yesterday and we both feel better than we have in awhile.

They also put us on a baby aspirin per day because of blood clots. We don’t have them but they’re trying to prevent them.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers and get a different doctor stat.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Prayers sent.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm thinking the Dr. is doing triage based on age and basic health plus comorbidities. I am asympto but positive at age 60 with no issues otherwise. So it bounced off me, but it zapped my Dad inside of two weeks, he was 85 and pretty much a train wreck already because of the life he'd led. But if you have good immunity and don't catch many colds or flus, then you're very unlikely to croak. But if you're comorbid -- if you don't die, you'll almost certainly suffer.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

It is a symptom sometimes. Mrs slumlord gets 15-20 cases a day, I hear it being discussed while making a sammy 😐

But then many people don’t even run a temperature.

Any virus has the potential to upturn the digestive system.

Thanks. I figured it was possible but that is one symptom that I haven't heard all year from anyone. I'm sure your wife would know though. And I'm also sure that if I end up with the RONA I will be one of the ones with the Sheitz.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

674 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,586 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,846
Posts18,496,943
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.