Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Are the Trijicon Accupower 4-16x50-30mm tube scopes any good? They have a battery lighted reticle also. Anyone have knowledge of these???

GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Had that same one for about a year. Only sold it because the buyer of the rifle it was on offered me too much for it. I liked it a lot. Great glass, tracked true.

It has been said that the internals are older tech, but they are solid. I would have no reservations about owning another.

I actually want to get my hands on the 4.5-30 FFP.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Not the power range you are asking about, but I've had three of the 2.5-10x56 Accupower scopes and have been extremely pleased with their performance -- no legitimate complaints at all.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve only owned accupoints but glass quality and durability punches way above their $$$ weight class. I’m not a big dialer, but I like the way their turrets work. Adjust pretty predictably, and then can be reset to zero easily when you get it locked the way you want.

Last edited by Mjduct; 12/23/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WB300
It has been said that the internals are older tech, but they are solid.

Can you elaborate on that? Clicks per revolution, materials, or something else?

Thanks,

Jason

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Whenever scopes are debated Trijicon rarely seems to enter the discussion. I’ve never seen one or know anyone that has one or has ever had one. Odd, because it seems like they’ve been around quite a while and seem to have a good reputation.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Whenever scopes are debated Trijicon rarely seems to enter the discussion. I’ve never seen one or know anyone that has one or has ever had one. Odd, because it seems like they’ve been around quite a while and seem to have a good reputation.

I have one, it's the design that does not use a battery. It stays on all the time and self adjusts for light conditions, and it does a pretty good job. During the daytime you hardly notice it unless you point into some shade and it will be visible. At dusk, it does not overwhelm, never too bright.

I bought mine around 2005, it is a simple duplex reticle with a green dot at center of cross hairs. The optical quality seems about like Leupold and it is a friend in the woods.

D
DrDeath Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I don’t think Trijicon warranties the accupower any more.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Happy Accupoint owner here as well. My 4-16 MOA Green Dot recticle is about perfect for my use. Solid and repeatable .25moa adjustments.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by DrDeath
I don’t think Trijicon warranties the accupower any more.

They were introduced a few years ago so I doubt they would not warranty them anymore.

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by 4th_point
It has been said that the internals are older tech, but they are solid.

Can you elaborate on that? Clicks per revolution, materials, or something else?

Thanks,

Jason

I believe it was Ilya that said the internals were not newer tech, but a solid design that has lasted. If I misquoted him as being the source, I apologize. I will try to find the post. It has been a few years.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I have 3 or the 3-9x40 Accupowers. They are my favorite 3-9. Mine has Mil-Square reticle and capped turrets. Perfect for hunting.

Scott
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've got the 1-8x, and it's a solid scope that has functioned perfectly for me so far, including some serious bangs and bumps without loss of zero.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by ruffcutt

I concur. There's not much out there on Trijicon. But, ehat is out there is positive. I would try out a 3-9 Accupoint with the Mil-Dot reticle in a skinny minute if they offered it in FFP.

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Spoke with Trijicon, their Credo line is the update to the Accupower scopes. I’d imagine they’ll be phasing the Accupowers out.

I’ve been planning on getting a Trijicon scope and researched them/feedback pretty thoroughly, damned if I can find anything bad said about them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe it was Ilya that said the internals were not newer tech, but a solid design that has lasted. If I misquoted him as being the source, I apologize. I will try to find the post. It has been a few years.

OK thanks. I'd like to hear what it was. Material, design, or features.

D
D
FWIW, over on the Slide, Form said that the Accupower 3-9 was a good scope if you wanted a non-dialler in SFP.

I took that advice and got one - weight was good, glass was surprisingly good for the pricepoint, and the mil-dot type reticle was fine. I only got rid of it to shift entirely to FFP ... but if I ever thought I needed an SFP scope for a specific application, for some reason, I'd happily pick up another.

L
L
I have the 2x10x56 Accupoint, duplex with green dot, I also have bad eyes- in South Carolina we are legal to shoot up until 1 hour after legal sunset- in the open like a field or powerline I can make a good shot placement beyond legal shooting time.
My rifle/scope has held zero perfectly for 5 straight years. I just wish I had got the 4x12x56 instead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been perusing the Trijicon hunting scopes for a couple of days. Lots of choices: Accupower, the new Credo, and the ol’ standby Accupoint. Since it’s for a light rifle, I went for the Accupoint 3-9x40 duplex with a dot in the middle. Most lighted duplexes seem to have the center section of the reticle illuminated, the same as several Hawkes I have. I prefer just a dot in the center. May try others later.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Not the power range you are asking about, but I've had three of the 2.5-10x56 Accupower scopes and have been extremely pleased with their performance -- no legitimate complaints at all.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Just ordered one of the Credo HX versions of that scope this morning, probably for my SS Hawkeye .223. Specs across the lines look very similar.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,398
Posts18,488,906
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.