Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Valsdad Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Chicken Gulag for the one hen that damn near got killed by the rooster one day. I see one of those black plastic ones there. It faces south and her little hooch is backed up to it so she gets a bit of heat on sunny days. Feed bags are to keep the wind/rain/snow from blowing through the vented slats.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Crappy pic, with the sun glaring and all. I picked up the long pallet at the back of the compost bin at the place I got my freezer this summer. Much easier to make a side by side bin with an 8' pallet than having to wire together two 4' ones. Sturdier too! Got one of them big blue heavy bastids right in the center. That way I don't get any ideas about using it for something else and having to move that thing around either.

I do have a little shorty pallet thing, with a plywood top on it, just right to sit a bale of straw on. Old piece of plastic shed roofing over the bale, a hunk of 4x6 about 5' long, and a coupla good size rocks holds that down from the south wind which blows every three days or so. And there's another one of the black plastic ones in the shop/garage for keeping used oil jugs and batteries off the floor. Trash can sits on it too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I don't have any pallets right now. Several years ago, I was with a group that had a deer camp we put together with a travel trailer off the grid, so to speak. I scrounged up a few pallets and nailed them together, two high with 3 sides. Then tacked on some out of date plastic political signs for siding and a flat roof. Picked up a used "handicapped" toilet chair at a resale shop for it and had a fine redneck outhouse. Did not bother with a door, just put the open side a couple of feet from a fair sized cedar and facing south, away from the northern winds. Tied it down good with a rope to the bottom of two small trees. Added a nail to hang your coat on and a large size coffee can with lid for a waterproof toilet paper holder, we were good to go.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Got a couple in the back yard laying on plastic with potting soil poured in them, for growing pepper plants between the slats. Peppers grow really well on them.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by kingston
Make sure it's a plastic 4-way.

I want a nice hardwood one with nice grain.
Well made.
In Excellent condition.

Something I can be proud to own.

Dont know what in the Fugg I'm gonna do with it.
But at least I can fit in with the 24 pallet cool kids.

It's like I'm on the outside looking in.

1st rule about pallet club is you dont talk about pallet club.

2nd rule about pallet club is you dont talk about pallet club.

Always talk about pallet club.

It's a mark of distinction in many areas. Especially SW OK. The Kid knows of what I speak.

I think you need one to keep that spankin' new lawnmower you got Khan wife last year in pristine condition for next year's lawn mowing program. Don't want the neighbors making snide comments.

Namaste

LOL!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had home depot deliver several packs of shingles to me. I was looking at the bill and they charged me a $15 deposit for the pallet.

Lowes just gave me one when I had them deliver some concrete

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Chicken Gulag for the one hen that damn near got killed by the rooster one day. I see one of those black plastic ones there. It faces south and her little hooch is backed up to it so she gets a bit of heat on sunny days. Feed bags are to keep the wind/rain/snow from blowing through the vented slats.

Crappy pic, with the sun glaring and all. I picked up the long pallet at the back of the compost bin at the place I got my freezer this summer. Much easier to make a side by side bin with an 8' pallet than having to wire together two 4' ones. Sturdier too! Got one of them big blue heavy bastids right in the center. That way I don't get any ideas about using it for something else and having to move that thing around either.

I do have a little shorty pallet thing, with a plywood top on it, just right to sit a bale of straw on. Old piece of plastic shed roofing over the bale, a hunk of 4x6 about 5' long, and a coupla good size rocks holds that down from the south wind which blows every three days or so. And there's another one of the black plastic ones in the shop/garage for keeping used oil jugs and batteries off the floor. Trash can sits on it too.

Chicken Gulag.
LOL!!!

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Local concrete block co. charges $35 deposit on pallets. Worth taking back!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I used to burn them. Boss asked about how hard it was pulling all the nails. Dimwit, cut between the nails and the nails come out with the ashes.

I have had walnut, lots of oak, and cottonwood

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by TheKid
What does this dude win? I watched him build the addition onto his place over a couple months as Iā€™d drive by for work. Iā€™m sure everything is square.....

I have thought about that. Insulating would be interesting.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I proubly have 2000 at any given time, some are in use, such as firewood stacked on them, other material stored on them, have a many stacked up to act as a shelter, kinds use them for jumps on there dirt bikes, work good for a temporary walkway path in a wet wooded area, work good for stapling paper targets to at range, can cut them up as firewood, so many uses pallets have. Good trade item to have on hand. So thats why I keep many around.

hotrodusa.....N.R.A. Life Member
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I had to take a 24 hour timeout from the pallet thread.

I hurt someoneā€™s feelings. Got a PM. lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And I'll have you know I'm still a little upset.

Perhaps I've missed it but who all raided the local co-op pallet stash for weekend high school bonfire parties?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hunting blind I made from pallets... grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Got my old Lazy Boy office chair in there!

Carpet. Hey! Uptown! laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shaking my head....

Assuming that is a hidden pig blasting station so I don't fault the technique at all....lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Close to a thousand

I sell them for $2

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Shaking my head....

Assuming that is a hidden pig blasting station so I don't fault the technique at all....lol

It is!

Damn pigs. Hate them!

That tripod in there is to hold the thermal scoped rifle. All I gotta do is sit back and wait. smile

MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

We use pallets to make brush blinds, easy to put up and take down and move, ours are not as nice as rockinbbar's but they damn sure work. Rio7

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Slumlord,If you weren't so damn lazy you would know where over 1000 pallets are and you wouldn't be calling me a lier, YOUR A ASSS HOLE, and i'm not lying. Rio7

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The last time I messed with a pallet was 35+ years ago in college on Avila Beach. We had killer parties then.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RIO7

Slumlord,If you weren't so damn lazy you would know where over 1000 pallets are and you wouldn't be calling me a lier, YOUR A ASSS HOLE, and i'm not lying. Rio7

Now youā€™ve hurt my feelwins

But Iā€™ll spare you a matching psychotic rant via PM crazy

lol

Note* one of the other ole timers might send you a PM about your grammar. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Iā€™m good with it. Carry on

toot toot !! lol

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 54 invisible), 2,708 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,952
Posts18,519,295
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.