Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Not familiar with SOL products but here’s one bid less than 600 with 22 hours left
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/887218501

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
GB1

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
The main problem is everyone expects a sub MOA ar15 for under $500. Barrel technology has improved 10 fold in the last 20 years. BCA will sometimes meet the less than 1MOA warranty. But sometimes they are extremely under that 1 MOA. bUT MOST HAVE BEEN IN THE 1.5-2.5 MOA level. Heck, our own gov't has a 4 MOA mark that it has to meet. But you don't see any of the haiters on this board saying anything bad about Colt, HK, FN do you.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The main problem is everyone puts too much importance in a sub MOA gun and not enough in the workings of the gun.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by TWR
The main problem is everyone puts too much importance in a sub MOA gun and not enough in the workings of the gun.
Exactly. I'd take a 2MOF (Minute Of Felon) gun that's utterly dependable where the parts live their expected life than a finicky sub-MOA gun. I don't have my AR for benchresting or long range varminting, I have it for defending myself using field rest positions.
ETA--some of the big-azz scopes people mount on their AR's to get those minute groups are actually not the right optics for my purposes.

Last edited by UPhiker; 12/26/20.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR

I'll take both. A sub moa gun and one that works 100% all the time. All of my AR15's fit that bill, except for my highest dollar AR (Noveske). It shoots a hair over moa with irons.. Besides, we know there are damn few guys that actually have/own solid sub moa AR rifles. There were only 8 guys that have proven that fact in the black rifle challenge here.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What’s the black rifle challenge?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

It was a competition of sorts that war eagle started. The targets were supplied you just had to print them. You had too shoot 2-10 shot groups. At first several guys tried including deflave and Lawrence went all in on it. He Pretty much calls everyone out when they say they have a MOA rifle. If you haven’t posted targets to the moa challenge and say you have a moa rifle of lord watch out because Ol BSA is coming in hot. I submitted targets but not for record or anything. I can say my AR is not an MOA rifle it’s right outside the MOA. But I also shoot 600yd NRA matches in the summer, my scores from those were good enough to get me to expert and my daughter who shoots as well and her classification is master. She has never shot the MOA challenge.

Last edited by 79S; 12/26/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

where is that sarcasm key? laugh grin

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by 79S
I also shoot 600yd NRA matches in the summer, my scores from those were good enough to get me to expert and my daughter who shoots as well and her classification is master. She has never shot the MOA challenge.
That's the way an AR was meant to be shot.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by tomme boy
The main problem is everyone expects a sub MOA ar15 for under $500. ....

Who does? I could have missed it (pun 4U), but, don't recall anyone ever posting such here.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
i don't expect a sub-MOA AR because if the SHTF, I'll be using M193 & 855.

Last edited by UPhiker; 12/27/20.
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ll be using MK 318 and MK 262.

M193 and M855 is for practice.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by TWR

It depends on where you live. I live in the suburbs. I don't plan on any 300+yd shots. If I'm that far away from some targets, they don't even know that I exist, so why call attention to myself. In a SHTF situation, the fewer gun battles you get in, the better. I'm well familiar with longer range shooting since one year in the NTIT, I had 20 hits at 500yds. Not great, but not bad.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by TWR

It depends on where you live. I live in the suburbs. I don't plan on any 300+yd shots. If I'm that far away from some targets, they don't even know that I exist, so why call attention to myself. In a SHTF situation, the fewer gun battles you get in, the better. I'm well familiar with longer range shooting since one year in the NTIT, I had 20 hits at 500yds. Not great, but not bad.

Mk 318 and 262 are not just for long range. Hint.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That brings up an interesting point about accuracy. If you’re never going to shoot precision ammo, does it do you any good to evaluate your accuracy with precision ammo?

In my case I’ve only got three kinds of ammo on hand, and one batch (69grain GMM) is up for sale. I don’t have enough of it to be useful long term and I’m not going to buy more of it. So really it makes sense to me to just figure out how accurate I can be with my two types of ammo (FMJ and expanding), then just be content with whatever it’ll do.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TWR

Mk 318 and 262 are not just for long range. Hint.

It also has better stopping power when you aren't allowed to use real expanding bullets. Being a civilian, I can use something like Federal Fusion. Hint.
If 193 doesn't stop somebody, you shoot them again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
I also shoot 600yd NRA matches in the summer, my scores from those were good enough to get me to expert and my daughter who shoots as well and her classification is master. She has never shot the MOA challenge.

I'm not sure jacketed, gloved, and strapped is the way an AR was meant to be shot.
But it is a fun game.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by 79S

I'm not sure jacketed, gloved, and strapped is the way an AR was meant to be shot.
But it is a fun game.
Correct. But it gives you a better idea how you can shoot from field positions than benchresting all the time. And person who wears a glove and jacket can shoot awfulhand without a glove a jacket better than someone who always shoots from the bench, as an example.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Wasn't this how they were meant to be shot?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by 79S

But it is a fun game.

I shoot the AR tactical class, as well as service rifle..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1936M71, 16penny, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,807
Posts18,496,383
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.