Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holy chit!

It does exist!!

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MARCEL
Originally Posted by slumlord
So...,I’m the only one that leaves the golden corral with silverware? And a backpack full of yeast rolls?

I've got a fork from a Nashville Shoneys from 20 years ago. Apparently their service silverware use to be American made and made for vikings because its indestructible and twice the size of a normal fork. They also use to supply you with a "steak" knife that could double as a drywall handsaw

You can pick my family out at any restaurant.......everyone does the “Oneida Flip”
Checks out the silverware to see where it was made.
NYT did an article on it. Funny as hell watching them.
Grew up with a full set of good silverware at the house. None of it matched.
Owner of Oneida Silverware felt that way.
With a new pattern “Take one home. Don’t get greedy”
Lifetime guarantee
I sent some knives to be replated in the 90s, my godparents wedding set, no problem
They got married in 1916......lol

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have ALWAYS used my own blades in steak houses and every restaurant where one was needed.

Why?

Through my childhood, my Dad would take me to the Sizzler and others. I never used a cheap institutional knife that was good for anything other than spreading butter. They were NEVER sharpened since the place was opened.

IF by some stretch of the imagination one was sharp enough to cut some stranger's finger on the last meal, I doubt if the medical staff in the back scrubbed with cold water and sanitized the instruments properly before placing them into the autoclave in case HIV, hepatitis or whatever was present.......what a Christmas present that would be.

My daily carry is sanitized after certain uses.
It's always sharp enough to cut steak.
I'd rather use a Robbie Dalton or Microtech for a good meal than a made in Henco stamped scrap metal model of a steak knife.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Irving_D
I'm doing well, thanks for asking, adapting pretty good. I've been able to do a lot more in my condition than a lot of my friends expected. I was able to snowblow and clean up after this three feet of snow, I just replaced the garage door spring that decided to break free. And I am planning on going back to work next month

👍

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Embarrassing the wife everytime. It was nice the one time she asked if she could borrow it. I hate dull knives.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
We went to a local steakhouse before Christmas and they didn't even give you a steak knife.

It was a bit off-putting until we all realized one wasn't needed.

Very good beef that was grilled to perfection.

A guy could get used to that.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by spencer516
Embarrassing the wife everytime. It was nice the one time she asked if she could borrow it. I hate dull knives.

Same here.
I don't know why women find it so embarrassing to bring a real knife to the table.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Dont need no knife fo' fried chicken

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I have ALWAYS used my own blades in steak houses and every restaurant where one was needed.

Why?

Through my childhood, my Dad would take me to the Sizzler and others. I never used a cheap institutional knife that was good for anything other than spreading butter. They were NEVER sharpened since the place was opened.

IF by some stretch of the imagination one was sharp enough to cut some stranger's finger on the last meal, I doubt if the medical staff in the back scrubbed with cold water and sanitized the instruments properly before placing them into the autoclave in case HIV, hepatitis or whatever was present.......what a Christmas present that would be.

I'd rather use a Robbie Dalton or Microtech for a good meal than a made in Henco stamped scrap metal model of a steak knife.

That is some weird schidt right there. I may be a few bubbles off of normal but I have never done more than wash the big chunks off my EDC knife. Anyone who was in the military carry a racing spoon in their chest pocket?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I am reluctant to use wait staff to directly convey my disappointment in a cut of beef when dining out...but if it's a little too chewy for the price...pulling out a sharp Case makes the point without embarrassing everyone.

I do the same thing. Also, pulling out a pocket knife to sharpen a pencil during a meeting let's the non-watch wearing mannikens lose focus...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Why?

That is some weird schidt right there. I may be a few bubbles off of normal but I have never done more than wash the big chunks off my EDC knife. Anyone who was in the military carry a racing spoon in their chest pocket?

mike r

LOL!

Spoken like a thin Brown Line statist.......

Since you put it to me THAT way offal sir, I shall check with your department to see if my steak knife is on your approved list before going to a steak house.....NOT.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I am reluctant to use wait staff to directly convey my disappointment in a cut of beef when dining out...but if it's a little too chewy for the price...pulling out a sharp Case makes the point without embarrassing everyone.

I do the same thing. Also, pulling out a pocket knife to sharpen a pencil during a meeting let's the non-watch wearing mannikens lose focus...

Watch out for offi sir Michael. He might just write you up for using an unapproved pencil sharpener past the legal length. Lol! 😆

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That’s why i carry a case trapper.

1 blade for business.

1 blade for food.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Theys tuberculosis on nem forks at them mexiscan places.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Why?

mike r

Not any more.
Lol!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Theys tuberculosis on nem forks at them mexiscan places.

There's certainly been a bunch of flaming homos working at restaurants around the area. I can only guess what kind of diseases they carry. That's why, when china virus hit and the last good restaurants closed, I decided that I should look at the good side. Buy my own steaks and grill em in the back yard. Saves money and I won't scare the knife po-lice with unapproved table ware.

The only admitted case of TB that I can say for sure was a nurse up north. She had a horrible cough.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How about one of them jack knives with the built in spoon and fork!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

1 blade for business.

1 blade for food.

Where:

Business = Toenails ??

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

1 blade for business.

1 blade for food.

The mullet of knife patterns.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

723 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16gage, 160user, 16Racing, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,842
Posts18,478,210
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.