Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com][img]http://[/img]

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Charlie_Sisk
Originally Posted by UncleAlps

BTW, Charlie Sisk knows more than he lets on. So I've been told.

I dont know who told you that, but I wouldn’t put much stock in it. I have been looking at him in the mirror for a long time now, and he aint that smart. grin

But I have learned not to tell everything I know....several things I have tested, the results dont go with mainstream thinking, so its best legally, financially, and mentally to keep my mouth shut. grin

I hope you decide at some point to spill the beans, Charlie!

Something I've been saying for a while: there is a small body of stuff I KNOW and a huge body of stuff I believe, and a vast gulf between the two.

When someone presents observations and conclusions, it can be tricky to evaluate the statement. I won't argue with objective observations, but conclusions are often suspect. Evidence is not always proof and human beings are funny critters.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Great thread...my little contribution-
I once mistakenly used pistol primers for handloads, When I discovered this anomaly prior to shooting, I went forward anyways...I just geared up and tried it.
I found about 30% just misfired, and the balance pierced the primer- but discharged
These were fairly stout .270 wcf loads.
I purchased a shrink wrapped package of CCI large rifle primers , it had a pistol primers within it
Oops, but oh well ...and now I can pass this info along.
Don't bother to try this yourself.
Happy New Year , folks

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by UncleAlps

BTW, Charlie Sisk knows more than he lets on. So I've been told.

I dont know who told you that, but I wouldn’t put much stock in it. I have been looking at him in the mirror for a long time now, and he aint that smart. grin

But I have learned not to tell everything I know....several things I have tested, the results dont go with mainstream thinking, so its best legally, financially, and mentally to keep my mouth shut. grin

I hope you decide at some point to spill the beans, Charlie!

Something I've been saying for a while: there is a small body of stuff I KNOW and a huge body of stuff I believe, and a vast gulf between the two.

When someone presents observations and conclusions, it can be tricky to evaluate the statement. I won't argue with objective observations, but conclusions are often suspect. Evidence is not always proof and human beings are funny critters.

And here I thought everyone around this place knew everything! wink

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I dug into the primer thing a while back and found some threads (I think over on bench rest central where several guys had cut and measured cups.

One thing that I have wondered since is:
Is there a difference between brass cups and silver cups (are they nickel brass?)

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
They're all brass cups

The "silver cups" are nickel-plated.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Angus
You maybe right. About a year ago I started making rhubarb wine. Seems every batch turns out different, even when I do the exact same things. BUT IT ALWAYS TASTES GOOD ! grin

Mr. Sisk,
A Happy New Year to you sir.
I just wanted to let you know that my grandfather also made rhubarb wine. And pear wine, and strawberry wine, and dandelion wine. Your mention of rhubarb wine brought back great memories of my time with him and put a smile on my face. I thank you for that!
Best wishes,
Marty

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
They're all brass cups

The "silver cups" are nickel-plated.

Thanks John.
So no discernable difference in strength, malleability, plasticity, etc as there would be if it was an Ni-alloy.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475
Angus
I hadn’t given that formula any thought so I cant say. But after doing a lot of testing, to me, foot pounds of energy from a bullet is a might near useless number.......aaaahhhhhh....that statement will rub some hair the wrong way, but thats what my testing has shown. Your mileage may vary.
Charlie

FPE is a useless number IMHO

But are the numbers that go into calculating FPE useless?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (007FJ, 21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 68 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,916
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.