Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
A few years ago when Dad was still alive, my brother and I'd take him to breakfast at the local diner.
It was fun to have him help pick out an older couple or a young family and anonymously buy their breakfast.
Keeping it secret gave him a big giggle.

When we were being nice to our neighbors, it made it hard to whine and grumble about our own troubles.

It rubs off too, Dad would occasionally have someone buy his breakfast when he went alone.

With Covid , it's easy to see our neighbors as a threat, instead of seeing them as people.

Thanks for the reminder and the happy memories of breakfast with Dad.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gulo
I had a woman ahead of me at the grocery store pay for my stuff. It's an attempt to encourage community and reassert our basic shared humanity in deeply divisive, inhuman times of self absorption I believe. "Let's just be decent human beings again" I think it's saying in a time, in America for instance, that has just seen four years of a leader in high office who has a decades long record of being notably inhuman and self-absorbed (and a really sore loser now on top of it all.) In a time where even a virus has been politicized, used to divide community, it's that nuts - that too. Good for them, i like it.

You're a dumb fugk lying pos.

Do the country a favor, moron. Roll down in a ditch and shoot yourself in the head.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
One time a lady with 2 carts-full let me go ahead in line.......because I had 1 item.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Humanity in America that has just seen four years of a leader in high office.I like it.

Hi friend, I did not add anything, merely removed a few inadvertent words you must have mistyped by mistake.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It happens to me every time I go to a restaurant! Of course, I’m darn good look’n......and my wife carries the money! wink memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by gunner500
That's nice, I done same at a grocery store not long back, mom with three pups in front of me in the line handed the boy some items to put back they couldn't pay for, I said lay those back up there young man, ma'am, you can close that checkbook, told her to go back and get anything they needed while they were ringing me up, boy hugged my ribcage till mom came back with a couple bags of diapers and sacks of apples, LOL, gotta be more pups at home, they cried and thanked me, I wondered on the way home if young jr had a pappy, the way he hugged me and wouldn't let go, most likely not.

It was a lousy 180 bucks or something, I need to woe TF up, stop and realize that amount means everything to some folk at times!

To say nothing of the value of that human touch you provided her and her kids.

I know you’re not seeking kudos but good on ya that’s really cool.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by efw
That's nice, I done same at a grocery store not long back, mom with three pups in front of me in the line handed the boy some items to put back they couldn't pay for, I said lay those back up there young man, ma'am, you can close that checkbook, told her to go back and get anything they needed while they were ringing me up, boy hugged my ribcage till mom came back with a couple bags of diapers and sacks of apples, LOL, gotta be more pups at home, they cried and thanked me, I wondered on the way home if young jr had a pappy, the way he hugged me and wouldn't let go, most likely not.

It was a lousy 180 bucks or something, I need to woe TF up, stop and realize that amount means everything to some folk at times!

That was a class move.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by efw

Aint no doubt that Gunner could be your very best friend, nor that someone could make him into their very worst enemy. cool

It's been my honor to share a real campfire with him.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a woman ahead of me at the grocery store pay for my stuff. It's an attempt to encourage community and reassert our basic shared humanity in deeply divisive, inhuman times of self absorption I believe. "Let's just be decent human beings again" I think it's saying in a time, in America for instance, that has just seen four years of a leader in high office who has a decades long record of being notably inhuman and self-absorbed (and a really sore loser now on top of it all.) In a time where even a virus has been politicized, used to divide community, it's that nuts - that too. Good for them, i like it.

Its more likely she saw you two use the same tampon and she had a bogo coupon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Few months back, we took in a stray kitten, started feeding it in the furnace shed. 2 days later mrs slumlord backed over it.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Few months back, we took in a stray kitten, started feeding it in the furnace shed. 2 days later mrs slumlord backed over it.

I love a happy ending.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sitting in the hospital and some woman is screaming obscenities for 30 min straight. I’m about to pay it forward and jerk her cord.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord

lol, a few yrs ago I brought my kids back home from buying school clothes as I was pulling up in the driveway, they said dad lookout for penis, thought the stupid cat had got out of the way and ran over her. don't ask me why my old lady named a female cat penis. I have run over more than one of her cats.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My daughter worked in a Denny's in Bozeman. When she was nearly 17. My wife asked her to pick up one thing for Christmas dinner at Smith's. Couple ahead was having a hard time paying and were hungry. She took them on a mini shopping spree and paid with her tips. Knew then I raised a good girl.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I drop off stray cats at the Chinese restaurant during the holidays.

They always Rank Re Rery Ruch.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A couple of years back I bought a few things at the grocery store and the clerk gave me my receipt and a coupon for a dozen eggs for free. I turned around and the lady behind me had a dozen eggs in her cart. I handed it to her and she smiled and thanked me.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by BCBH
Lucky! The only time someone gave me something at Taco Bell was when I suspect a worker was sticking laxatives in the food. I almost [bleep] myself during the 10 min ride home.

"Run from the border"

More like run for the toilet.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 10at6
My daughter worked in a Denny's in Bozeman. When she was nearly 17. My wife asked her to pick up one thing for Christmas dinner at Smith's. Couple ahead was having a hard time paying and were hungry. She took them on a mini shopping spree and paid with her tips. Knew then I raised a good girl.

My son and I pulled up at a light next to a homeless guy.
I rolled down the window and my son yelled “get a job you piece of scheit!”
Knew then I raised a good kid.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by 10at6

My son and I pulled up at a light next to a homeless guy.
I rolled down the window and my son yelled “get a job you piece of scheit!”
Knew then I raised a good kid.

I can only imagine how proud your father must be.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They always give away the ones they drop on the floor. Cuts down on the dumpster load. Congrats to the OP.

LOL
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (5sdad, Akhutr, Amos63, 673, 7mm_Loco, 15 invisible), 1,465 guests, and 856 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,870
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.