-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I saw that there have been around 340,000 deaths in the U.S. attributed to COVID-19, less than 0.002 of the total population. Who wouldn't bet 98 to 1 odds? While I don't want to get sick with COVID-19, it seems that the probability of dying from it is very small.

I haven't run the numbers, but it looks as though the distribution of cases is proportional to population. With CA being the most populous state, you'd expect it to have the most cases and resulting death.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Daughter and Son in law had it. Lost sense of taste and smell. Why get tested? They knew they were positive, and knew what to do about it.

50 year old coworker had it bad. Stayed home with nebulizer with O2 sat running between 80 and 85 for a week.

My wife had a friend from school age 64 died in the hospital on Monday FROM Covid.

Our workplace of 60 has had 50% get Covid and recover over the last six months.

For many of us, it is not serious. But for a few, yes it is life threatening.

But we all gotta die sometime and Covid is NOT a threat to National Security. It really is hardly a blip in the statistics of annual death rates.

All the liberals' reaction has been over reaction. Many of those writing restrictions should be jailed, or hung.

Momma and I avoid public exposure. We limit trips to the grocery store to a couple times per month. We do not attend any public venues. But then this is pretty much the way we have always lived.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by jdunham
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
It's a shell game. Their "covid units" are full....they dont tell you how many beds are in the unit (hint...not many).

Oh and most idiots are there for "observation".

Wear your masks like good tards now

Jackson has nailed it. The hospitals aren’t full, it is their “COVID unit”. Keep drinking the Kool aid.

My wife works in the ER, where they are housing Rona patients because the hospital beds are full. You have to be pretty sick to get admitted, they are sending folks home with O2 bottles and monitors that would normally be admitted. Not every county is like this, but eventually they all get a turn. That chit flat fuggs some people up, even normal healthy people. It’s a roll of the dice how it will affect you.

Do masks and shut downs work? I don’t think we know. But once you hit capacity at the hospitals you had better try something. shutdowns should only be considered when hospitals are at capacity IMO. When we hit capacity they ask us to social distance and banned large events, I didn’t think that was over reacting. And I’m pretty fugging conservative.

Regardless what stage its still NONE of the govt business to shut anything down. Its your life. You take the risk or not.

And its pretty simple, keep away from people like you should anyway. Wash your hands. Stay home if you are sick, even if covid was not around.

People are doing stupid things EVEN with rules in place, which tell you once again how stupid most rules are.

Its not coming to every county or area even. But some will be hit harder than others. But its still far from anything to get shook up over.

And FWIW hospitals are SUPPOSED to be close to full all the time. Over the years my father had to wait in an ER bed at least 4-5 times for days to get a room in cardiac care. He has been dead since 2005..... so its ongoing.

Its all bullshit scare tactics.

Life has its ups and downs. This is one of those things. I"m so sick of snowflake media attention. Not that I do any kind of media much but to come to a sight that should be full of strong conservatives and read this stuff bothers me.

Yes its tough and even deadly on some. but the day we are born is the day we start dying....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I finally know someone who died of the Chinese Virus. My sister's best friend, a guy in his early 50s, died a few days ago in the hospital. He had been on a ventilator for a few weeks before dying. He also had all sorts of health problems before the virus and was probably not long for the world either way.

Meanwhile, pretty much all of my neighbors here have had it, including the family across the alley from us. One of them has been battling cancer for a few years and the virus was nothing worse than a mild cold that went away within a week. And the virus keeps popping up in patients and staff at the nursing home my mom is at but not a single death, and these are people on the verge. My dad was there before he died in October and surely was exposed, yet he never had the virus and died of a combination of atrial fibrillation and a few other non-virus things (including months of isolation where he concluded that his family had abandoned him when in fact we were not allowed to visit).

Meanwhile, the nonsensical "flatten the curve" garbage sure did work well....

Last edited by Remsen; 12/30/20.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
About the only thing we know for sure is lockdowns don’t work and these power hungry Governors have no idea what they are doing.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About the only thing we know for sure is lockdowns don’t work and these power hungry Governors have no idea what they are doing.

No, we know a lot more than that. We know this virus has brought out full-on tards on both sides of the equation.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
1st mistake considering FOX accurate.

Faux??

LMAO.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
If they ain't full then why are they putting people in parking garages? The full ones were sending people out of state. Now they can't find anywhere to send them out of state. You being from Texas, they will ship you off to Mexico if you have to be admitted to a hospital.

They should close more restaurants.

LOL

Oh, you bad.

Lol!

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Huntingfool270
We have four hospitals here in Bakersfield California and they are all full as of this week. My Sister is a Nurse Practitioner at one of the ERs she said that they are getting overwhelmed because the covid patients have filled all the admitted beds and are now taking up all but two of the beds in the emergency room. They have big tents available that were supposed to be going up in the parking lot but aren’t using them because there aren’t enough drs and nurses available everyone is putting double shifts just to staff the hospital. Our county Heath department is reporting about 1,000 new cases a day all month. Not sure what to think about it all. Mose people I know that had it just felt like it was a flu bug, but it put my dad an the hospital and killed the wife of a co worker.

It certainly affects people differently. A 41-year-old recently elected La congressman with no pre-existing just went down for the count. But don't worry. Biden is on the horizon and will fix it all!

Last edited by Tarquin; 12/30/20.

Tarquin
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I keep hearing how bad it is in my area. That the hospital is full. How many of them are COVID patients? 2. Just 2. Every year it is full of flu patients too, but we don't masks up and we don't shut down, but we have more people in the hospital for flu than COVID ever year.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Actually, they do work to a large extent, but at huge costs----in money, jobs and lives. There is a better way.

Tarquin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sitting in a great Mom and Pop smoothie shop right now that is full of people enjoying excellent smoothies and great sandwiches. Nobody's wearing a fugking mask except when they go to the counter to order or pick up their food.

Everybody's tired of this sham schit.

Last edited by local_dirt; 12/30/20.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.wlox.com/2020/12/29/mis...py8qn4QMVmZg1bSV2JsBuvHzXZ6vHMU_SZQrBN3A

The organizers of this hoax must be really good at what they are doing. They have red state redneck doctors buying into their scheme.

"Here in Laurel, essentially a third of our in-patients are COVID,” Horne said. “I’ve been in practice since 1992 here in Laurel. There’s never in those 28 years been a single time that we had one disease take up a third of our hospital, and essentially our entire intensive care unit is COVID.”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

The organizers of this hoax must be really good at what they are doing. They have red state redneck doctors buying into their scheme.

"Here in Laurel, essentially a third of our in-patients are COVID,” Horne said. “I’ve been in practice since 1992 here in Laurel. There’s never in those 28 years been a single time that we had one disease take up a third of our hospital, and essentially our entire intensive care unit is COVID.”

Bulshit.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Bulshit.

See how good the organizers are? They have recruited doctors from all across the country to join in on their lie. Do you think they are paying those doctors to make this stuff up?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Idaho has a website where case stats are reported by county. The interesting part of the numbers is that the counties that were first out of the gate with cases are now way in the back of the pack, while the counties that didn’t see any significant cases until late summer or fall have spiked.

Looking at the overall total cases/ 100K population....... once a county hits an infection rate (on paper) somewhere between 8 and 10%, cases start to drop steadily.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Tarquin

It certainly affects people differently. A 41-year-old recently elected La congressman with no pre-existing just went down for the count. But don't worry. Biden is on the horizon and will fix it all!

Wow! Truly tragic.

So what happens to his seat in the House?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hospitals are big business and always operate at near capacity it’s how they stay in business and make money.

CA is such a mess top to bottom that I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they have additional Covid problems. That’s what happens when you promote extremely dense populations and blocks of mentally ill drug addicted people living in wall to wall “tent cities” a more or less hands off approach to drugs, vagrants, prostitution, and using the streets as personal toilets.

They had a Black Plague outbreak a year or two ago is anyone surprised that they have a Covid problem?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Tarquin

Wow! Truly tragic.

So what happens to his seat in the House?

Special election.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Bulshit.

See how good the organizers are? They have recruited doctors from all across the country to join in on their lie. Do you think they are paying those doctors to make this stuff up?

My AO is much more populous than Laurel and that bulshit doesn't fly here. People are way more communicative and interactive.

Go peddle that schit in Bakersfield or LA.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

297 members (1lesfox, 160user, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 29 invisible), 1,793 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,493,023
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.