Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
The Lord has taken me through a few things recently that taught me a pretty valid lesson, IMHO. We have a smallish lot of around two acres, a little over half cleared. It was the very edge of an old homestead, and had to be cleared of a fair number of trees to get the site ready to build. That was 21 years ago. A lot of the area is just field grass, and some of it is devil's paintbrush and dandelions, but if I keep it mowed, it's green and even presentable -- well, for the sticks, anyway. wink

Toward the back of our property is a low area beyond the septic field that I had divested of trees and had kept mowed for several years. Then my rider mower quit running, and that was the first place that didn't mowed very often. Over the last few years, the thistles, rose bushes and raspberries have started reclaiming the land. Last year, by fall, the Canadian thistles were over 6 feet tall. They were starting to work their way out into the regular lawn.

So I decide, I am going to reclaim the land from the wild. Boy! What a lesson AND a workout. The stuff is about 4 feet high, and a tangled mess. Here's what I discovered:

1. In order for the land to return to the wild, I had to do absolutely NOTHING!
2. In order to RECLAIM the land from the wild, I had to do way more work to get it looking way worse than it ever did before.
3. Sweat was rolling off my brow. (and other places. smile )
4. The land is quite scarred under the mess I removed.
5. It is going to take a lot more work to get the place anywhere close to what it was before.

NOW, the Application:

A. In order for our lives to return to the wild, it takes absolutely NO WORK!
B. It starts out small and just keeps getting worse.
C. Soon, it seems like an impossible task to get back to where you were.
D. Putting off doing something will still get NOTHING done.
E. It will take TOIL, SWEAT, LABOUR, and TIME to get it back, and it will not happen immediately.

The admonition:

i. Keep doing the things it took to keep your life sweet before the Lord.
ii. Stay in the word of God.
iii. Stay on your knees in prayer.
iv. Keep active in your service to the Lord.
v. Keep actively witnessing for the Lord.
vi. Don't slack off in your standard of life for the Lord.
vii. If you must change one of your standards, RAISE the bar, don't lower it!

I won't bore you with the scriptures, but here are some of the references we looked at.

Proverbs 22:5, Matthew 13:7, 22, Genesis 3:18, Proverbs 24:30-31, and the one that really rings my bell --

Jeremiah 4:3 -- "Break up your fallow ground, and sow not among thorns." and its corollory verse in Hosea 10:12 "Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you."

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Well said...

James

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines, the commandments of men. Mt 15:9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the_shootist,

Ya got lucky with a post, didn't ya! I needed that.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Amen a bunch! A most excellent post.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
woo hoo! good 'un!

(i still despise that kind of work. did it for my dad and for a living too many years ...)

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
the_shootist,

Ya got lucky with a post, didn't ya! I needed that.

As a child if Gid ( or GOD, more properly -- thanks Bro James. laugh ), I don't believe in luck.

I rejoice that you needed something and that you found it at Christ at the Campfire. What I needed, I found in my own back yard at the leading of the Holy Ghost. It seems the Lord does that pretty regularly IF I have my spiritual eyes open, and am seeking His will for me in the word of God.

Last edited by the_shootist; 07/24/07.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by the_shootist

As a child if Gid, I don't believe in luck.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who "typo's" from time to time...:):)

James

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines, the commandments of men. Mt 15:9
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Amen, excellent!

Thanks Keith

><}}> "A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson <{{><
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Can't disagree with that. I made the same observation many years ago, course I didn't know any book references for it, just my observation.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (204guy, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 39 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,239
Posts18,485,851
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.