Campfire Outfitter
R
somebody call 91 we need a amblamps

My diploma is a DD214

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Fugh this Tripp’s guys videos. I don’t care to watch them
Hey outdoorsinTexas, is your only purpose on this site to pimp this stupid video schit ?

Then don't watch. Yes, he grabbed too much front brake. In Iowa our deer start out at 225 lbs. He shoukd of just ran over it. Thump, thump. More throttle.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 12/31/20.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Fugh this Tripp’s guys videos. I don’t care to watch them
Hey outdoorsinTexas, is your only purpose on this site to pimp this stupid video schit ?

Then don't watch.

Anytime I see that goofy ass intro lookin over the handle bars I pull the plug. I test drove a couple of his videos like why does my new Harley vibrate.... no thanks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was on a bycicle crossing with crosswalk when a woman driver ran the stop sign.

I locked up the front brake and did a somersault.

A car stopped and two doctors got out, a man and a woman. The woman doctor said I needed to see a doctor and the man doctor said I did not. Then they got back in the same car and left. The woman driver gave me a ride home.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
One of our flight students hit one on his bike one night and he was hurt really badly. He was able to crawl to a house for help. When his bike was retrieved there was deer hair between the bead and the front wheel. He didn’t fly for quite a while.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Smallest deer I ever saw.

Par for the course in Texas "hill" country. Everything's smaller in Texas, even the hills.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by OutdoorsinTexas
How many things could the guy in this video do wrong?

deer or rabbit?

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by navlav8r
One of our flight students hit one on his bike one night and he was hurt really badly. He was able to crawl to a house for help. When his bike was retrieved there was deer hair between the bead and the front wheel. He didn’t fly for quite a while.

When I'm riding at night in the rural Hill Country (which happens maybe once a month), I usually ride with LED auxilliary lights and rarely exceed 40 mph. If cars behind me have a problem with it they can just pass me. 40 sounds really slow but it gives me much more reaction time to avoid 4-leggeds. I've had many deer and a hog try to cross my path in the last few years.

Like motorcycles or anything on two wheels? Please check out my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMaLdyriBKNsUtpgNh1-g6w
Thanks and hope you subscribe!
Texas hill country deer are small that is why we get five tags and a 4 month season. Kill two in October eat em up by December shoot 3 more to get you through til summer.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Everyone in his group had had good riding apparel this dude had a short sleeve t-shirt had he wore a good jacket he would have had no road rash

Ted
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by old_willys
Everyone in his group had had good riding apparel this dude had a short sleeve t-shirt had he wore a good jacket he would have had no road rash

Exactly. AGATT....All Gear All The Time.....dress for the slide, not the ride.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Threshold braking is one of the most difficult riding skills to master. My best get-offs on two wheels have involved mismanagement of the front brake. ABS is where it's at.

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by 3bird
Texas hill country deer are small that is why we get five tags and a 4 month season. Kill two in October eat em up by December shoot 3 more to get you through til summer.

Let's not forget a couple of turkeys, unlimited hogs and and an axis or two to tide us over. smile

Like motorcycles or anything on two wheels? Please check out my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMaLdyriBKNsUtpgNh1-g6w
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

hill country deer.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by stxhunter

hill country deer.

And a young one at that.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
hitting the road in a tshirt and no gloves at about 30 mph taught me to wear gloves, helmet and long pants & sleeves on any ride. for years after i still had gravel or something buried in the palm of my hand. i see people going by my house 2-up and both in shorts, short sleeves and no helmets. makes me cringe. sometimes the women have flip flops too. obviously they have never hit the road in the literal sense.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder what the speed limit is on that road?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
He panicked and he screwed up. Good God I don't like road rash.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by memtb
Aim for the coyote/deer, don’t lock the brakes....it won’t be there when you get there! memtb

That is true. Working as a paramedic, I saw lots of people injured, and killed, when they swerved to miss a deer. I never saw someone injured when they hit the deer.

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by colorado bob
I wonder what the speed limit is on that road?

50 or 55 mph is my guess.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (12344mag, 25classic, 2500HD, 257Bob, 222Sako, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,645 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,293
Posts18,486,946
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.