Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This guy was a chit head..He had so many other ways he could have handled it rather than the way he did..There are people out there that will not take that kind of chit and he should be aware of it..

Two officers, Conley Elms and Bill Pogue of the Idaho Department of Fish and Game, approached Dallas regarding suspected poaching in the rural woods of Idaho. While Elms was inside a tent containing poached bobcats, Pogue drew his weapon. Dallas reacted by shooting Pogue with his own handgun. When Elms exited the tent, Dallas shot him as well.

Jayco

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The degree to which people see this encounter as black and white one way or the other is illuminating, but not inspiring.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Ah, I think I see what's going on here. When a cop enforces a law in the city against someone who doesn't look or act like you, why that's ok. When a cop (Ranger/Game Warden) enforces a law that you have likely broken yourself (poaching, trespassing, habitat destruction) in the environment that you frequent, well now that's overstepping their bounds and the cops deserve to be shot. Got it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Little Johnny meets the Hall Monitor.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"Ah, I think I see what's going on here. When a cop enforces a law in the city against someone who doesn't look or act like you, why that's ok. When a cop (Ranger/Game Warden) enforces a law that you have likely broken yourself (poaching, trespassing, habitat destruction) in the environment that you frequent, well now that's overstepping their bounds and the cops deserve to be shot. Got it."

Thank you cooper. Yes, that is funny how when inner city Nigs break the law, 100 percent of this forum says "Lock 'em up."
But when it is a non-negro, committing crimes in the national park, he gets a pass.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Yeah, it's the same mentality. If you or people in your culture mug people, rob liquor stores, steal stuff, why they think there's nothing wrong with that so when a cop tries to arrest them, why that's horrible and police brutality . I guess it's the same when joe six pack shoots a deer out of season, trespasses, steals a tree stand or game camera etc. (you know the stuff that apparently some here do or condone), then THAT'S horrible and police brutality. There's a word for that.

I guess right or wrong depends more on with whom you identify, that what's legal or illegal, moral or unethical.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The guy in the video did none of those things.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

He trespassed on an area set aside for protection of it's fragile ecosystem; not different than trespassing on someone else's land and/or shooting an endangered species.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

He trespassed on an area set aside for protection of it's fragile ecosystem. No difference than trespassing on someone else's land and shooting an endangered species.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tazee will get paid

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Cop was insulted by his attitude so got trigger happy with the taser.

I think where he screwed up is threatening him with the taser therefore sending things irretrievably down that path. Perhaps tasers are better used reactive rather than proactive.

Could be the real screw-up was attempting any kind of physical intervention one on one, or two on one if the woman had jumped in, especially as another Ranger was on the way

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
not different than trespassing on someone else's land and/or shooting an endangered species.

meaningless comment, your examples are not equivalent in gravity

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by RufusG
The degree to which people see this encounter as black and white one way or the other is illuminating, but not inspiring.

k, well the outcome was the use of a taser for no legitimate reason

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Park Ranger will be asking "Do you what a hot apple pie with that" soon.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
When he said "You're not free to go" would piss me off. If you're not FREE to go, what are you? Under arrest?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Seems to be a 50/50 split between those who understand blatant overreach, and those who enjoy the taste of boot leather.

Good one...boot licking reference. Cant believe it took this crowd so long lol.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by RufusG

k, well the outcome was the use of a taser for no legitimate reason

Tunnel vision. It can be overcome.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by sse
not different than trespassing on someone else's land and/or shooting an endangered species.

Well they actually are equivalent. When the hiker was told to get back on the trail and that he wasn't allowed where he was, he was trespassing. The area is off-limits because they are trying to protect a sensitive area ie. plants or the ecosystem. So yeah, trespass and protection of a species or ecosystem are in both scenarios/situations and that makes it equivalent. Understand?.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by MichieD
When he said "You're not free to go" would piss me off. If you're not FREE to go, what are you? Under arrest?

No, not initially, he was being legally detained for having committed a violation and the officer was trying to determine whether he was going to get a warning or a summons. When you get pulled over in your car for a traffic violation are you free to go before the officer completes the stop? No, you are being detained. If you try to drive away before the end of the stop, you will then find yourself arrested and cuffed. If you resist being cuffed, see what happens to ya. My guess, you'll get tased.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Originally Posted by sse

Well they actually are equivalent. When the hiker was told to get back on the trail and that he wasn't allowed where he was, he was trespassing. The area is off-limits because they are trying to protect a sensitive area ie. plants or the ecosystem. So yeah, trespass and protection of a species or ecosystem are in both scenarios/situations and that makes it equivalent. Understand?.

trespassing isn't equivalent to a felony except in the fantasy you and the ranger dwell...jaywalk much

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 66 invisible), 3,289 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,196
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.