Home
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/30/20
Posted By: KFWA Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/30/20
so how did that all end after the tasing?
Wondering the same here.
Posted By: MAC Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/30/20
Since when are you not allowed to hike off a trail? This has to be in someplace like CA.
Must be nice to be able to bring your dog on a hike.

Can’t do that in the GSMNP

Must be nice to be able to wander off the trail.

Can’t do that in GSMNP either. They get all assy about protected biomes
Got that speech in Grand Canyon too about some algae or somethin-somethin on the rocks.
The guy that got tazzed is a sissy little bish. And yes there are places you can’t walk off trail because they sensitive or hazardous and 51% of this country’s too stupid not to destroy chit.
They get all kinds of pissy about sand dunes in places I’ve been.
Originally Posted by MAC
Since when are you not allowed to hike off a trail? This has to be in someplace like CA.

I think it was Utah or Arizona. Has something to do with too many people trampling fragile habitat. That was a Fed, not state.
Tasers are nice. Clubs are better. Would’ve been great to see that millennial beta get beaten like a baby seal.
Using Fido as a shield was certainly uncalled for.
“Beat him like a seal”. That’s hilarious .
Posted By: KFWA Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/30/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
Must be nice to be able to bring your dog on a hike.

Can’t do that in the GSMNP

Must be nice to be able to wander off the trail.

Can’t do that in GSMNP either. They get all assy about protected biomes
Got that speech in Grand Canyon too about some algae or somethin-somethin on the rocks.

there is one trail dogs are allowed. It starts at the welcome center and runs parallel along the road to the maintenance building. Its a horrible trail.

All the state parks in Ohio and Kentucky allows dogs on the trails - not sure about TN.
The LEO is a beta as well IMO
Posted By: Rolly Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/30/20
I think the jerk hiker got what he deserved. The officer was very professional and easy to deal with. The officer did what he needed to do.
Saw an article about this making a big deal outta the guy being a Native American. Protected class or some such, I suppose.
Well, he flashed his beads.

So he had that going for him
One night the doorbell would ring,and when he opened the door, he'd catch a axe handle with his teeth,,
Posted By: hanco Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/30/20
He got what he ask for!!
Suspect was given plenty of opportunity to comply. Wonder if he had a warrant?
They are picking sides!
Posted By: RKJ Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/30/20
Petroglyph National Monument in Albuquerque. Yahoo news has a slanted take on the incident that's for sure (but I should expect that from them). I watched the video, that ranger was a lot nicer than most of the police around here. The Jackroot sure changed his tune quickly.
About a month ago I was stopped in Idaho for speeding. When the sheriff came up to my car, I had my license, registration and insurance ready for him. He said something like "any reason for you to be speeding" and I respectfully said "No, officer, I was just trying to get home and was speeding."

I didn't deny what I had been doing (80 in a 55), didn't give the sheriff a bad time and made the process easy for both of us.

I just don't understand why people refuse to hand over their IDs to law enforcement unless they are looking for a fight. And picking a fight with law enforcement is a stupid idea.

Of course, about 2 hours later I was back at it, hitting 145 mph between Elko and Reno...
They are picking sides!
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The guy that got tazzed is a sissy little bish. And yes there are places you can’t walk off trail because they sensitive or hazardous and 51% of this country’s too stupid not to destroy chit.

Maybe you didn't notice they were on a trail
Posted By: hanco Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/30/20
He got what he ask for!!
Errybody gangsta

Till high voltage courses through your body
I wonder if Varmint Guy ever had to tase anyone at a Seahawks game.
Originally Posted by RKJ
Petroglyph National Monument in Albuquerque
I’ve bushwhacked all over that place. I spend way more time off-trails there than on em’.
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Saw an article about this making a big deal outta the guy being a Native American. Protected class or some such, I suppose.

Interesting.
The ranger said (I think) that it was "Sacred land" not sure if he said " tribal".
He shoulda attempted to handcuff the guy . A phugking taser at the beginning? The guy with the dog would have been easy to apprehend or he could have waited for his “backup” . What a puss
Originally Posted by Ringman

apparently they were on a prohibited trail
reason given was that the numbers on the
main trail made it hard to maintain Covid
safety distance.
See the badge aim at the belt line.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Well, he flashed his beads.

So he had that going for him

Probably got them at marti gras
They are picking sides!
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

It was hard to tell if that was the official trail or just a path through the sand where people had been walking illegally. The ranger's cam didn't show anything off to the sides.
SHOCKING VIDEO. he's a crybaby.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/31/20
When the guys in uniform, why is showing your ID so difficult?
Do you have to show ID in that state?
Ranger Rick was hassling the Chief.
Originally Posted by 700LH
When the guys in uniform, why is showing your ID so difficult?

Your papers, please.
Posted By: JDK Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/31/20
Should have called in an air strike.
I wish he'd have pulled that taser out and whipped the [bleep] out of that park ranger.
Posted By: Gus Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/31/20
depends a lot on what the entry sign said when they started the hike. maybe they can't read plain english.
He's brown silly, rules don't apply to him....sheesh...
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It was hard to tell if that was the official trail or just a path through the sand where people had been walking illegally. The ranger's cam didn't show anything off to the sides.

The ranger told them where they were was off the official trail as well. Not sure if it was sacred too.
Posted By: jimy Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/31/20
That ranger would be a toothless, retard sitting in a wheelchair sh~ting himself for the rest of his life had he tased me for walking on the earth !

You pussy whipped f~cks bowing down to some second year college student for walking on sand, F~ck them all, go get your covid shots and collect your 600 bucks for following orders.

We will end up paying that guy millions because he had more balls than most of you and your daughters manbun wearing boy twat !

What the f~ck have we become, in the land of the used to be free !
The hiker was a cvnt. I only wish the Ranger would've turned off his camera and did some dental work on the arrogant phag.
Originally Posted by jimy
That ranger would be a toothless, retard sitting in a wheelchair sh~ting himself for the rest of his life had he tased me for walking on the earth !

You pussy whipped f~cks bowing down to some second year college student for walking on sand, F~ck them all, go get your covid shots and collect your 600 bucks for following orders.

We will end up paying that guy millions because he had more balls than most of you and your daughters manbun wearing boy twat !

Holy [bleep]. That's some tough guy phuggin gold right there!
Public land owners......hahahaha!

You own it....you just cant use it or see it.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Ranger Rick was hassling the Chief.

Ranger Rick needs his head beat in.
I'm trying to decide which one I dislike more; race card playing douche bag who won't silence his annoying ankle biter, or Dudley Do-right who takes his eco-job waaay too seriously.
It comes down to what constitutes grounds for tasing someone.
... he had more balls than most of you .....!

Regardless of how you feel about ranger's actions and his interpretation of the rules, your hero:
1. As situation escalated, pulled out his phone and started pushing buttons hoping it would act as magic talisman and rescue him,
2. Yelled for help like a little girl, and
3. Used tiny dog as a shield.

Not really your prototypical Freedom Fighter.

All in all, he could have played the whole noble resistance angle better from the git-go as well.
Originally Posted by b_li_ber_tar_ian
The hiker was a cvnt. I only wish the Ranger would've turned off his camera and did some dental work on the arrogant phag.

There are a whole lot of dead Germans that thought the same way, notwithstanding some British dumb f~cks that tried that here a couple of hundred years ago, if no one told you ,we killed them too, before you Biden voting tards surrendered your man cards for starbucks extra special mokas on your special day, go back to the basement and check your bitcoin accounts !
That bitch boy with the dog was hilarious. You guys that want to canonize him and his actions cause me to scratch my head.
Originally Posted by bruinruin
I'm trying to decide which one I dislike more; race card playing douche bag who won't silence his annoying ankle biter, or Dudley Do-right who takes his eco-job waaay tok seriously.

I think they kind of deserve each other.
Walking on sand, now a criminal offence, just think if we all carried one of those voter id cards, so we could all be identified for the good of the country......
Maybe we should transfer this ranger to the border and tell him that's his new park and it's illegal to hike without a permit.

!

Yes of course. The internet has about 400 times the number of badasses as the real world.
The reason you can't walk there is not because it's sand, it's because it's the Petroglyph National Monument.

[Linked Image from kubrick.htvapps.com]

There are a whole lot of dead Germans that thought the same way, notwithstanding some British dumb f~cks that tried that here a couple of hundred years ago, if no one told you ,we killed them too, before you Biden voting tards surrendered your man cards for starbucks extra special mokas on your special day, go back to the basement and check your bitcoin accounts !

GDamn it, don't piss off Jimmy One M! He'll take you back in time!
Originally Posted by Goosey
The reason you can't walk there is not because it's sand, it's because it's the Petroglyph National Monument.

WWJBD?
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
That bitch boy with the dog was hilarious. You guys that want to canonize him and his actions cause me to scratch my head.

His crime was putting footprints in the sand ! I guess if he had a government issued hoverboard like ranger Rick had , there would have been none of those endangered species's killing footprints, the ones that are harming both polar bears and causing Global warming !

There are Way to many Americans are not ashamed of their Prius driving sperm donors !
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by Goosey

WWJBD?

What Would Jimmy Buffet Do?

His crime was putting footprints in the sand ! I guess if he had a government issued hoverboard like ranger Rick had , there would have been none of those endangered species's killing footprints, the ones that are harming both polar bears and causing Global warming !

There are Way to many Americans are not ashamed of their Prius driving sperm donors !

If you are going to hold up that beta bitch holding the dog as a martyr you've got some serious issues.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

!

Yes of course. The internet has about 400 times the number of badasses as the real world.

Listen up bike boy, I'm very much like you, but I don't pourposly f~ck people off enjoying my pass time, I live by a very simple rule, live and leave me the F`ck alone, I ask for nothing and I expect that in return, the guy got tased only because some assclone had a taser, do you believe that altercation would have happened without butt boy being armed , of course not, he had the same balls that beer gives drunks, in both cases common sense makes more sense, of course common sense is not all that common.
The guy making the tracks in the sand, walked away several times, I will only walk away once...
Did the Ranger yell out "Weaver Stance" before lighting him up?
Yeah the guy was a bitch but what truly escalated the whole thing was his not bending the knee an kissing the rangers ass ,,, Id axe handle him ,,, we have those little pricks running around here all billy badass like delta force all year long,,, they know who to fuQ with and who to pass on by,,,
Jesus Christ, is everyone fuggin drinking tonight? Place is full of ass kickers
Originally Posted by hosfly
Yeah the guy was a bitch but what truly escalated the whole thing was his not bending the knee an kissing the rangers ass ,,, Id axe handle him ,,, we have those little pricks running around here all billy badass like delta force all year long,,, they know who to fuQ with and who to pass on by,,,

You must carry a bigger dog. Pit cross?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Did the Ranger yell out "Weaver Stance" before lighting him up?

You realize how close that sand wrecker was to sprinting into the local taco belle and arming himself with Twisted tea ! He'd a likely killed that government agent !
No dog,,just a set of balls

Gdamned patriot. New George Washington crossing Current River on Christmas
Tased by a Covtard.

Meh, fugk it.

Originally Posted by Starman
Tased by a Covtard.

Cvnt version of the video. Luckily the full version has been posted for the cvnt adverse to view.
Both the, I can do what I want native, and the gestapo type ranger, are both dumb asses!!
The ranger is still a Covtard... grin
For some odd reason I think it is a funny win win!

Gdamned patriot. New George Washington crossing Current River on Christmas
LOL and gig suckers all the way across it too,,
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Tasers are nice. Clubs are better. Would’ve been great to see that millennial beta get beaten like a baby seal.

For what good reason? Granted he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer your a prick for thinking it's ok to beat a obviously harmless pussy. Some of you tough guys kill me. You've probably never had the [bleep] kicked out of you. Imo you need it with that condescending attitude.
I just said I thought it was funny not that it was right. That and you know both those retards voted for Biden.
Chief went from being bad-assed Tonto to Whimpering Squaw in the blink of an eye.
Kneegroows spend months, burning looting and completely destroying whole cities, ruining thousands of lives and doing millions of dollars in property damage, killing untold civilians and the cops stand around ,dicks in their hands, playing candy crush on their phones,

This idiots crime, was walking on public land, and GI joe, tases him on the spot.

Your tax dollars at work........well come to todays America !
I'm not sure if he was serving or protecting ....
Originally Posted by rickt300

I bet you feel the same way about suck dick.....
Kneegroows spend months, burning looting and completely destroying whole cities, ruining thousands of lives and doing millions of dollars in property damage, killing untold civilians and the cops stand around ,dicks in their hands, playing candy crush on their phones,

This idiots crime, was walking on public land, and GI joe, tases him on the spot.

Your tax dollars at work........well come to todays America !

Saddle up hero and go educate Ranger Rick.

Maybe you and your lady love with the dog can commiserate over a shared [bleep]?

Aww you little pussy, sucking dick on your mind?
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Chief went from being bad-assed Tonto to Whimpering Squaw in the blink of an eye.

Where do you get "Billy Badass" the man walked away several times, he was a threat to noone, he actually acts of special needs, surely not a threat !

He has a small yappy dog and a diminishing woman folk, why harm him, for making tracks in sand ?

What the F `ck have we become as a country when this kind of sh~t is acceptable, would you find it as acceptable had this happened to your son or daughter,maybe your wife? Some of you need to grow a pair .

Aww you little pussy, sucking dick on your mind?

I'm guessing elksucker91 is your buddy !
Ranger Rick is prob an ANPR union member..

So according to some it makes him a communist thug.

Originally Posted by MAC

Are you purposely trying to be dense?

Plenty of national and state/provincial parks have areas where you are not allowed off the trail for a variety of reasons.
Jimmy One M says grow a pair, let some cvnt flaunt the law and act like a smug cvnt without making him swallow his teeth. Jimmy One M says letting some smug cvnt prance all over the law makes him tough. Jimmy One M is obviously a BLM nutsucker.
Originally Posted by Rolly
I think the jerk hiker got what he deserved. The officer was very professional and easy to deal with. The officer did what he needed to do.

Absolutely the officer was very polite and professional.

Those situations are never fun for the officer.
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by MAC

Plenty of national and state/provincial parks have areas where you are not allowed off the trail for a variety of reasons.

Watch the video, sand, the man walked on sand, sand as far as the eye can see, yet I can't concern that mysterious trail that was so violently violated !
Jimmy One M says grow a pair, let some cvnt flaunt the law and act like a smug cvnt without making him swallow his teeth. Jimmy One M says letting some smug cvnt prance all over the law makes him tough. Jimmy One M is obviously a BLM nutsucker.

I'm only quoting this for tomorrow when you wake up from your White claw hangover, and say WTF. I know its Texas, and we expect nothing less....

I'm only quoting this for tomorrow when you wake up from your White claw hangover, and say WTF. I know its Texas, and we expect nothing less....

Don't get pissy, Jimmy One M. The smug cvnt feels entitled to do what he wants. You agree with him. Says a lot.

Not fun?

The Aahummm,,, officer was getting his panties wet asserting authority.
Originally Posted by MAC

Watch the video, sand, the man walked on sand, sand as far as the eye can see, yet I can't concern that mysterious trail that was so violently violated !

Watched the video. It could be used as a training video on how to deal with uncooperative public. The only unclear part, mainly because I'm not aware of the rules of force at that location, is should have the taser been deployed right away.

The dog walker turned a nothing into a something. All he had to do is identify himself and the ranger would have run the info. Could have ended with a simple verbal or written warning. Maybe a citation. Instead he turned into a for sure citation and possibly an obstruction and/or resisting arrest felony.

Talk about stupid. I dont care what race he is.

I've been a Provincial Park Ranger, Fish and Wildlife Officer and a Bylaw (Code) Officer for more than half of my 56 years on earth. I would never have approached these people unless I had to. The ranger was very professional. I never had a taser, so I can't say if he used it correctly. But the dog walker would have been arrested unless he identified himself.

Quickest way to get an enforcement officer away from you is comply. Be polite. I was issued a speeding ticket a few years ago. I was polite, I handed my licence over without being asked. The officer was impressed by my politeness, he mentioned it in his notes. It made it easy to go to the courthouse, plead guilty, with the prosecutor giving me the minimum fine with no demerits which could have affected my insurance rates.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Sacred grounds.

Don't get pissy, Jimmy One M. The smug cvnt feels entitled to do what he wants. You agree with him. Says a lot.

As an American citizen, I do feel entitled to walk freely on the land the we as Americans own, you are a drunken twit, lacking the balls and intellect to understand what freedom is,how it is earned, and what it requires of a free man, this guy did no more than ignore "the Man" and that appears to be the limit of his capabilities, I ,myself am not as limited .

Sacred grounds.

About 2/3s of the west would be "Sacred Grounds" if you believed the natives.

Not fun?

The Aahummm,,, officer was getting his panties wet asserting authority.

Again, no idea if the escalation of force was followed with the taser being deployed right away. But quire literally, that is how they train the officers. He must have been very attentive, as he used the exact phraseology they teach.

Unless he is a psychopath, the ranger would have been pretty stressed after it was over. And the paperwork would be enormous. Then the debriefing and use of force investigation. Not fun.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Sacred grounds.

About 2/3s of the west would be "Sacred Grounds" if you believed the natives.

Actually about 150% of the land would be claimed by the natives for one thing or another.
Originally Posted by MAC

Watched the video. It could be used as a training video on how to deal with uncooperative public. The only unclear part, mainly because I'm not aware of the rules of force at that location, is should have the taser been deployed right away.

The dog walker turned a nothing into a something. All he had to do is identify himself and the ranger would have run the info. Could have ended with a simple verbal or written warning. Maybe a citation. Instead he turned into a for sure citation and possibly an obstruction and/or resisting arrest felony.

I've been a Provincial Park Ranger, Fish and Wildlife Officer and a Bylaw (Code) Officer for more than half of my 56 years on earth. I would never have approached these people unless I had to. The ranger was very professional. I never had a taser, so I can't say if he used it correctly. But the dog walker would have been arrested unless he identified himself.

Quickest way to get an enforcement officer away from you is comply. Be polite. I was issued a speeding ticket a few years ago. I was polite, I handed my licence over without being asked. The officer was impressed by my politeness, he mentioned it in his notes. It made it easy to go to the courthouse, plead guilty, with the prosecutor giving me the minimum fine with no demerits which could have affected my insurance rates.

We are not Canada, we are free, Americans, The bunny cop turned a nothing into something, freedom is earned, and it doesn't come from submission.

As an American citizen, I do feel entitled to walk freely on the land the we as Americans own, you are a drunken twit, lacking the balls and intellect to understand what freedom is,how it is earned, and what it requires of a free man, this guy did no more than ignore "the Man" and that appears to be the limit of his capabilities, I ,myself am not as limited .

Holy hell! You're only limited by your ability to fuggin spell J-I-M-M-Y.

Real fuggin internet freedom fighter
We are not Canada, we are free, Americans, The bunny cop turned a nothing into something, freedom is earned, and it doesn't come from submission.

The dumbass with the dog turned something into nothing, not the ranger.
Anyone who can't follow simple legal instructions may need a little reminder whose in charge of the situation.
The key here is to pick your battles, the Redskin was not collecting eagle feathers, nor was he frying up a fresh batch of sea turtle eggs, the man was walking his dog and praying to some unknown god . Why tase him, the gestapo master also doing his job, had a gun why not put one in the redmans earhole and hang him from one of the trail marking signs that he ignored ,just to prevent it from ever happening again ?

When someone chooses an armed confrontation, over nothing more than being ignored , the gooberman has to much power!
Originally Posted by MAC

With all election controversy, how many times has it been said that America is a nation of laws, follow the laws, equal application of the law for everyone? Hundreds if not thousands of times.

There were rules/laws in that park that were violated. The ranger enforced the law. Freedom ends there until the situation is properly resolved. The hiker chose to forgo his freedom by his own actions.

Pretty sure your Geritol is reacting with your whiskey.
So, pick your battles applies to the Ranger but not the "Redskin"? The dumbass with the dog picked his battle and lost, as anyone with half a brain would expect.
You're awfully emotional about this. Lots of direct experience with the popos?
The key here is to pick your battles, the Redskin was not collecting eagle feathers, nor was he frying up a fresh batch of sea turtle eggs, the man was walking his dog and praying to some unknown god . Why tase him, the gestapo master also doing his job, had a gun why not put one in the redmans earhole and hang him from one of the trail marking signs that he ignored ,just to prevent it from ever happening again ?

When someone chooses an armed confrontation, over nothing more than being ignored , the gooberman has to much power!

You are so very wrong. Give it up.
Originally Posted by NVhntr

The dumbass with the dog turned something into nothing, not the ranger.
Anyone who can't follow simple legal instructions may need a little reminder whose in charge of the situation.

The man walked away, how is that aggravating the situation ?

Lets say the dog man was from Latvia , and didn't understand English, should he have been tased ? just asking . How about this same man with a 65 IQ should he have been assaulted ? Really, where do we draw the line?

The man was walking a dog for God sake, somehow I was brought up to believe that when the Gooberman put a uniform on a man, and payed him with tax dollars, he was worthy of wearing and earning it, I was sorely mistaken !
Petroglyphs are unique and they're not being made any more. If they're damaged, they're gone forever. People want to see them so the only way to prevent damage is to restrict where they can walk. I suspect that 1000's of people walk through there every year and the minor damage caused by each one adds up to a lot of damage if it's not controlled. So how hard is that to figure out?
I don't care what race the guy is. His footsteps do the same damage as mine would. If he's supposed to be honoring his ancestors, he needs to avoid damaging what they left behind.
Jiminy..... Please let us know how your next experience with authority goes. Even if its just your wife.

And get some video of you being a bad-ass if you happen to think about it.......... laugh
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Maybe we should transfer this ranger to the border and tell him that's his new park and it's illegal to hike without a permit.

Pure genius.
Seems excessive to me. Just tell the guy to get back on the trail.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
He did...about 47 times and the idiot refused.
.Petroglyphs are unique and they're not being made any more...
His footsteps do the same damage as mine would. If he's supposed to be honoring his ancestors, he needs to avoid damaging what they left behind.

Chief said he goes there to pray and meditate
one don't need preserved rock art or regenerated
foliage to achieve that... the Romans mostly
flattened the temple in Jerusalem but it hasn't
changed how they value the place spiritually.

If st Peter's Rome fell to the ground wou!d it
effect the relationship catholics have with Jesus?
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Jiminy..... Please let us know how your next experience with authority goes. Even if its just your wife.

And get some video of you being a bad-ass if you happen to think about it.......... laugh

Far is it for me to question your indiscretion or intellect, as we have never meet or even interacted, and for one to be taken seriously those are factors to be considered, or at least given secondary thought, obviously that's something that has been lacking in your education, what ever of it you've received.

The same words were used against Hannibal, never underestimate an enemy that you have yet, not met .....
Posted By: ERK Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/31/20
Unless you have committed a crime you are not required to show I’d to a police officer. Does this not apply to a simple ranger? Edk
Sprechen sie deutsch und show me your papers!

Great contact....well done all around. Meanwhile while Rome burns....
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Sprechen sie deutsch und show me your papers!

Great contact....well done all around. Meanwhile while Rome burns....

Scary isn't, it ?
Lol, hiking on a sand trail is illegal!
Public lands are obviously only legal when on designated trails, not on obvious trails on public lands!
Resistance is futile!!
It's a good example of why changing status of NF or BLM lands to 'National Monument' is a slippery slope.
Originally Posted by Backroads
Public lands are obviously only legal when on designated trails, not on obvious trails on public lands!

Have you ever went 40 in a 35 mph zone.......................
Originally Posted by ERK
Unless you have committed a crime you are not required to show I’d to a police officer. Does this not apply to a simple ranger? Edk

I know the barking dog was very distracting (the walker not quieting the dog also shows what an ass he is), but the ranger did a very good job of explaining the situation, that they were off the approved trail and that they were in violation of the regulations, a crime, albeit a minor one. The ranger therefore required identification to ID the people and determine the enforcement action he would take, depending on priors. No priors warning, priors, possible citation.

The ranger was properly placed and properly within authority according to law.
Originally Posted by ERK

I know the barking dog was very distracting (the walker not quieting the dog also shows what an ass he is), but the ranger did a very good job of explaining the situation, that they were off the approved trail and that they were in violation of the regulations, a crime, albeit a minor one. The ranger therefore required identification to ID the people and determine the enforcement action he would take, depending on priors. No priors warning, priors, possible citation.

The ranger was properly placed and properly within authority according to law.

Imagine the anarchy if the public was allowed to walk on public land, on an obvious trail..

Dry climates, the vegetation is more susceptible to damage and the soil to erosion. The park/monument likely determined that people were damaging the area and they created durable pathways. Genius decided that wasn't for him and he and his dog and woman wandered off on their own to where the park/monument was trying to rehabilitate that sand path.

All the ranger wanted was for them to get back on the authorized pathway. Genius tried to walk off several times. All he had to do was go back to the pathway. When genius tried to wander off, ranger correctly went from good host to enforcement, either warning or citation. Genius kept choosing harsher consequences.

There are different classifications of public land. Some are protected more than others. The managers of each property are compelled to protect the property from damage. What that means is determined by the classification. You guys darn well know that just because a property is public land doesn't mean the public can go where ever they want on every property. For instance, the White House is built on public property, but the public can't wander around the rose garden without permission and likely an escort. Some BLM land, you might be able to do much much more.
Half a dozen or so posters need to go catch some fish in Yellowstone lake, then dip them in the colorful hot springs to cook. Don’t worry about the walkways, just tromp around wherever is convenient. After that drop some trees and make a fire, don’t worry about putting it out, it’ll burn itself out The folks behind you will understand because it was public land, and you can do whatever the fugk you want because you paid $20 in taxes last year. After you’ve rested go blast a mountain goat in glacier, and take lots of pics.

If you’re a bitch like the screaming puzzy in the video make sure and have your dog in your arms too.

LOL .......... You keep on rockin' in the free world, Colonel Flagg. smile

Dry climates, the vegetation is more susceptible to damage and the soil to erosion. The park/monument likely determined that people were damaging the area and they created durable pathways. Genius decided that wasn't for him and he and his dog and woman wandered off on their own to where the park/monument was trying to rehabilitate that sand path.

All the ranger wanted was for them to get back on the authorized pathway. Genius tried to walk off several times. All he had to do was go back to the pathway. When genius tried to wander off, ranger correctly went from good host to enforcement, either warning or citation. Genius kept choosing harsher consequences.

There are different classifications of public land. Some are protected more than others. The managers of each property are compelled to protect the property from damage. What that means is determined by the classification. You guys darn well know that just because a property is public land doesn't mean the public can go where ever they want on every property. For instance, the White House is built on public property, but the public can't wander around the rose garden without permission and likely an escort. Some BLM land, you might be able to do much much more.

I sincerely hope you are never outside of compliance on public land.
Compliance is mandatory, and enforced by effeminate.gov employees.
Lol
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER

Okay, I watched it...the smartarse cunt should have been shot not tasered.

added...the whole situation is on the shoulders of the halfwit that kept playing games.

Sacred grounds.

Well here’s the guy, says he’s a former US Marine. (Scroll down for pics)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...tedly-tased-park-ranger-going-trail.html

Looks sorta effeminate to me but clearly he has the “I’m an Indian” thing going on.

In the video the Ranger says he was “behind the Valvoline” and there’s buildings in the near distance. Could be this little patch of land could easily be trampled all to heck without some control.

None of which is relevant, comes down to did the Ranger have legal grounds to taze the guy.
Having been in this situation by accident a time or two a simple correction could have avoided a lot of this. Guy was looking for trouble and the ranger obliged him

Sacred grounds.

Looks sorta effeminate to me but clearly he has the “I’m an Indian” thing going on.

In the video the Ranger says he was “behind the Valvoline” and there’s buildings in the near distance. Could be this little patch of land could easily be trampled all to heck without some control.

None of which is relevant, comes down to did the Ranger have legal grounds to taze the guy.

Interesting how they glorify the headline to get clicks and sympathy for the guy. The story also paints a very bad picture of the ranger, which is quite different from the body cam video. Personally, I think the ranger acted professionally and the dude that was tased acted like a little b*tch.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/31/20
That “native” turned into a crybaby bish real quick
in my ever so humble opinion, the hiker and the ranger were azzholes. I have had many run ins with park rangers and they are invariably low quality persons, of dubious intelligence, and over blown egos.
Half a dozen or so posters need to go catch some fish in Yellowstone lake, then dip them in the colorful hot springs to cook. Don’t worry about the walkways, just tromp around wherever is convenient. After that drop some trees and make a fire, don’t worry about putting it out, it’ll burn itself out The folks behind you will understand because it was public land, and you can do whatever the fugk you want because you paid $20 in taxes last year. After you’ve rested go blast a mountain goat in glacier, and take lots of pics.

If you’re a bitch like the screaming puzzy in the video make sure and have your dog in your arms too.

It's my land, I'ma do what I want!

My land!
Originally Posted by Mac84

Most folks that ride the lightning do.
Comply comply comply!!!!!!! I will electrocute you if you don't comply!!!!!!

Fuggin ridiculous. Chief shoulda tomahawked Ranger Rick.
That tasing is going to be difficult to justify.
The whole idea of the federal government telling us where we can go or not is absurd. My case in point is all of the fires that are burning millions of acres due to the screwed up policies made by people that give this ranger his "power". Here where I live the Corp of Engineers built a huge lake. They dug up every burial site they could fine that had to do with the indians. There is one spot they knew about and left. Those bones were exposed due to the waves washing away the dirt that was used to cover the graves, done by the loved ones of those buried. So much for protecting that part of the past. They covered that with concrete slabs after the public complained about seeing skulls. The government has ruined way more that the public could ever dream to when it comes to this. Also who built this trail through "sacred" grounds? We know who polices it. Why is it even there if this is such a delicate place?

This ranger is the same type they'll try to send to collect our guns someday. Comply or else.
Posted By: SKane Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/31/20

LOL. You couldn't make a chihuahua shake.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^ for Jim one M LOL
Originally Posted by Mac84
The Indians in this country seem to not understand they are the ones that lost the Indian wars. Otherwise the country would be near uninhabitable like Pine Ridge Reservation or Haiti. Some groups are not made for civilization.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
in my ever so humble opinion, the hiker and the ranger were azzholes. I have had many run ins with park rangers and they are invariably low quality persons, of dubious intelligence, and over blown egos.

My experience has been just the opposite. I've generally found park rangers to be polite and approachable and quite knowledgeable. Here, state forest rangers have to have a college degree in the natural sciences as well as go thru the state police academy. In this case the ranger couldn't have been nicer initially. He was friendly and polite. If the hiker had just said "Sorry, I didn't know" or "I didn't see the sign." and had gotten back on the designated trail, there would have been no problem and would have just got a warning.

One of my oldest friends was a state forest ranger and he's generally an easy going guy, He used to tell me stories of some of his interactions with arrogant jerks who would give him a hard time and challenge his authority. He had the same powers as any other LEO in the state and those who gave him a hard time, got to see his other side. Heck, in this state they can even give out traffic tickets. He told me of a story once where he saw a driver speeding and passing on a double yellow. To protect the public, he pulled him over and not wanting to deal with the hassles of going to court for a traffic infraction, he was just going to give him a stern warning until - - - the driver gave him a hard time and said to his passenger, "Ah, he's just a Ranger, he can't give me a ticket." Out came the citation book.

My wife volunteers at a small National Park. It's a grassland that is habitat for the endangered Short-Eared Owl. It gets lots of birders and photographers from late Fall to early Spring when the owls show up. Most are respectful of the birds and obey the rules put in place to protect them and the habitat. However, there are always the azz holes who think they are special and that rules just don't apply to them. It's the behavior of the azz holes that result in additional restrictions that effect everyone. If you've had "many run-ins with park rangers" you might want to question your behavior and whether you might be one of them azz holes..

I see you've submitted your application for working guard duty at the gulags. You'll be a shoe-in after you show them this post.
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I wish he'd have pulled that taser out and whipped the [bleep] out of that park ranger.

GTFOOH, that park ranger showed a lot of patience. The dude that got tased was a fuggin azzzhole. If he'd have shown some respect and his ID he would have been fine. He needed his azz beat.
We have had some posts detailing mistakes that the Feds have made in managing public lands. No doubt there have been many mistakes.

Would y'all rather that there be no National Parks? I can just see the Ferris Wheel at the entrance to Six Flags Over Yellowstone. Imagine what a tourist/circus hellole that wonderful park would be, if it were not in Federal hands.

We are lucky that the Feds have taken over these lands and they manage them as the best they can.
I see all kinds of contempt here (and rightly so) when a certain ethnicity doesn't listen to authority then get just deserts.
But this is somehow different, eeeeerrrrrrrrrrr?

Good for the tough-guy-turned-crying-little-beotch. #justdeserts
Originally Posted by Jim1611
The whole idea of the federal government telling us where we can go or not is absurd. - - - The government has ruined way more that the public could ever dream to when it comes to this. Also who built this trail through "sacred" grounds? We know who polices it. Why is it even there if this is such a delicate place?

This ranger is the same type they'll try to send to collect our guns someday. Comply or else.

Protection of any of our natural resources is a balancing act between allowing access to the public while protecting interesting, fragile and endangered flora and fauna. In areas that are not fragile or endangered, access is generally quite unrestricted. In areas of special concern, there will be restrictions to protect sensitive areas. The public has ruined plenty of our lands and natural resources. Wild habitat is continually lost to private development. As more wild, special or unique habitat is lost, it becomes more critical and important for those areas that have been set aside as parks to be protected.

FYI, most all LEOs are comply or else kinda people. It's what they do.
The azz hat was breaking the law... period. Got what he deserved. Hopefully, he got a good fine and a court date too.
This thread has it all!
Godwin’s law
Victimology
Logical fallacies
Racial equality
Travesty of the commons
And criminal justice reform.
And now Tombstone!
This is a good example of why neither defense or prosecution go to jury trials.
More baggage than logic. This place is like a psychologists office for some when psychiatry is what is needed.
Posted By: tzone Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/31/20
Looks like 2 dickheads trying to out dickhead each other.
You guys seriously think that was justified? He had no weapon and was walking back to his car. He didn't even really argue.
Originally Posted by SKane
I see all kinds of contempt here (and rightly so) when a certain ethnicity doesn't listen to authority then get just deserts.

Money shot right there. I was about to make the same comment. Where are the droves of "just comply" types?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by SKane

Money shot right there. I was about to make the same comment. Where are the droves of "just comply" types?

Who complied better, injun joe or saint Floyd?

Just for those keeping score at home
That Ranger is a fugking retard.

Didn't communicate effectively.

Schit officer presence.

Failure to control the scene and establish his purpose.

Zero effort to restrain subject without force.

Misuse of the taser.

Inability to control the subject while taser cycle was occurring.

Inability to restrain subject after deployment of taser.

The officer was a jerk. Why did he NEED the I.D.? What crime was the hiker committing?
That guy was literally tazed for not providing a name or ID. And it wasn't like he was caught vandalizing or breaking into cars, he was walking his stupid dog.
Rest assured the indian will get quite the settlement.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
That guy was literally tazed for not providing a name or ID.

In the US are you not required to show ID when asked? How does that work when you are pulled over?
"WHAT THE HELL YOU MEAN WALKING AROUND IN THE DESERT?!!

*BZZZZZZZZSNAPCRACKLEPOPZZZZZZZZZZT*
I live near a very popular NP and the rangers there won't hesitate to taser if you give them trouble. I never have had any issues with a park ranger, most of em are pretty cool if you are responsible and respectful.

For a number of years some idiots were hosting a 'fest right near one of the park gates. Large crowds, live music and the smell of hemp filled the air. One gal decided to run thru the park gates and the rangers wasted no time in tasering her. Also hear of rude intoxicated subjects getting the taser treatment all the time in the park.
Originally Posted by SuperCub
That guy was literally tazed for not providing a name or ID.

In the US are you not required to show ID when asked? How does that work when you are pulled over?

States can require it but there is no federal mandate.

But when you start dealing with feds it becomes a gray area.
Originally Posted by MtnHtr
I live near a very popular NP and the rangers there won't hesitate to taser if you give them trouble. I never have had any issues with a park ranger, most of em are pretty cool if you are responsible and respectful.

For a number of years some idiots were hosting a 'fest right near one of the park gates. Large crowds, live music and the smell of hemp filled the air. One gal decided to run thru the park gates and the rangers wasted no time in tasering her. Also hear of rude intoxicated subjects getting the taser treatment all the time in the park.

The legal thresholds for the use of force do not change based on your job or agency.

Quickest way to get an enforcement officer away from you is comply. Be polite. I was issued a speeding ticket a few years ago. I was polite, I handed my licence over without being asked. The officer was impressed by my politeness, he mentioned it in his notes. It made it easy to go to the courthouse, plead guilty, with the prosecutor giving me the minimum fine with no demerits which could have affected my insurance rates. [/quote]

So can we ascertain from your post you are just as much a jerk as the guy in the video? Why does anyone need to identify themselves when out for a walk? Are we Nazis now? Show me your papers.

I have seen this same situation in other videos when the officer's boss arrived and told the walker to leave and told the officer there was no reason to demand I.D.

I hope the officer looses his job and the walker sues the organization for at least ten years wages.
Originally Posted by deflave

Rock candy and fire water.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Let's all agree: this is what occurs when two idiots meet.....dumb [bleep].
Originally Posted by ERK

The crime was getting off the marked trail. Then getting belligerent.
"WHAT THE HELL YOU MEAN WALKING AROUND IN THE DESERT?!!

*BZZZZZZZZSNAPCRACKLEPOPZZZZZZZZZZT*

Had to be a democrap.

He did...about 47 times and the idiot refused.

If one looks at more than the walker one can see he is headed for the parking lot. On a trail!
Taze em every time they leave the reservation, and we wouldn't have these problems.

Dry climates, the vegetation is more susceptible to damage and the soil to erosion.

On level ground? Where's it going to erode to? Your guy was a jerk. Like someone suggested. Put him on the border.

DM article says he is a 'retired Marine'. I'd be curious to know some of the facts around his 'career' in the Corps.

His whole passive-aggressive noncompliant behavior, reaction to the taser, and major 'indian' chip on his shoulder doesn't seem to mesh well with the 'retired Marine' narrative.....unless fake PTSD medical retirement or similar.

Originally Posted by MARCEL
Having been in this situation by accident a time or two a simple correction could have avoided a lot of this. Guy was looking for trouble and the ranger obliged him

The ranger was looking for a chance to bully someone.
He was tased for the reason most people will get tased; resisting arrest. Tonto was breaking the laws of the park, which the ranger is there to enforce. You wanna use the park, you need to comply with the rules of the park. That's kinda simple. If you aren't going to follow the rules, hike somewhere else. He had a choice. The ranger stated he was inclined to just issue a warning but first he wanted to know if Tonto was in the system as having been warned before, hence, the need to ask for his ID info to run him thru the system. Had Tonto not broken the law, he would not need to provide ID. If he had been warned before, Ranger Rick was going to issue him a summons. But Tonto defies the officer's lawful authority. Now the officer can just pussy-on out of there and let Tonto walk away, or, he can insist that Tonto comply with his lawful orders. Ranger Rick decides he's going to arrest this guy and cuff him but Tonto he no like that idea. He resists and, as one should expect, gets tased. In the old days, the LEO would just hit him over the head with a stick, knock him down and cuff him. These days it's the taser. Either way, it's better to either give him the info he wants, or, when being placed under arrest, put your hands behind you and fight it in the courts if you think Ranger Rick has violated your rights in some way.

It's ok to jaw as much as you want to the cop but know that if you have broken a law, you're not likely to get cut any slack. That's just human nature. Pick your battles. With our pansy liberal judges, Tonto may get some cash out of this, but he certainly doesn't deserve a dime.
Well said cooper57m!!

That MFin Indian wasn't even Indian!!
Video should be titled, "when tards meet

fake injun wink
Correct, he was Italian.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Well said cooper57m!!

Yep.

I can't stop laughing about this one:
Phuggin' jimy (one M) - yeah right....
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That Ranger is a fugking retard.

Didn't communicate effectively.

Schit officer presence.

Failure to control the scene and establish his purpose.

Zero effort to restrain subject without force.

Misuse of the taser.

Inability to control the subject while taser cycle was occurring.

Inability to restrain subject after deployment of taser.

You and some of the others must have watched a different video than I did. The officer seemed very reasonable and professional to me.
I'm glad I joined here. Seems to be a large number of people with internet degrees in law & order, & criminology. Not to mention the others with their expertise and degrees in medical and virology.
I may never need to go to the dr or lawyers office again!
Originally Posted by ERK

The crime was getting off the marked trail. Then getting belligerent.

Your definition of "belligerent" and mine sure differ. All he was doing was walking toward the parking lot. How is that "belligerent"?
Originally Posted by cooper57m
He was tased for the reason most people will get tased; resisting arrest. Tonto was breaking the laws of the park, which the ranger is there to enforce. You wanna use the park, you need to comply with the rules of the park. That's kinda simple. If you aren't going to follow the rules, hike somewhere else. He had a choice. The ranger stated he was inclined to just issue a warning but first he wanted to know if Tonto was in the system as having been warned before, hence, the need to ask for his ID info to run him thru the system. Had Tonto not broken the law, he would not need to provide ID. If he had been warned before, Ranger Rick was going to issue him a summons. But Tonto defies the officer's lawful authority. Now the officer can just pussy-on out of there and let Tonto walk away, or, he can insist that Tonto comply with his lawful orders. Ranger Rick decides he's going to arrest this guy and cuff him but Tonto he no like that idea. He resists and, as one should expect, gets tased. In the old days, the LEO would just hit him over the head with a stick, knock him down and cuff him. These days it's the taser. Either way, it's better to either give him the info he wants, or, when being placed under arrest, put your hands behind you and fight it in the courts if you think Ranger Rick has violated your rights in some way.

It's ok to jaw as much as you want to the cop but know that if you have broken a law, you're not likely to get cut any slack. That's just human nature. Pick your battles. With our pansy liberal judges, Tonto may get some cash out of this, but he certainly doesn't deserve a dime.

A park sign is now "The Law"?!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/11/10/us/yellowstone-chickens.amp.html%3f0p19G=0232

Law in Yellowstone...

fake injun wink
im sure he identifies as Native American
Loved watching him do the chicken and crying like a baby. Tough guy.
Had to watch it again, Hah! never gets old.
I have never seen the need to be an ass to a law enforcement officer. He played stupid games and won the prize.
GreggH

Sacred grounds.

The ranger even thanked him for his service after bein informed that he was a former U.S. Marine.

Maybe he was a dishonorable discharge.

fake injun wink
im sure he identifies as Native American

He was of Italian ancestery, so I am sure in private that's what he identified his ancestry as.

He was an actor that played parts in Hollywood film as an indian.

Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Let's all agree: this is what occurs when two idiots meet.....dumb [bleep].

The sand destroyer, has the God given right to be an idiot, being stupid or dense maybe hard of hearing or even suffering from PTSD is not against the law ,
on the other hand, the government has standards, we have both physical and mental standards that must be met before they are paid to interact with the general public .

The sand man will be well paid, because the government failed to train ranger Rick on how to treat the people that are paying your wages.

You don't need an ID, to vote in a presidential election, but you do need one to walk in the sand !

Sacred grounds.

"Retired Marine"? Chief looks a bit young to have his 20 in.
Do all the young braves take their yappy little lap dog along on their prayer walk to the neighborhood sacred sand dune?
Marine mumbled something about he had issues with taking commands from govt authority
Maybe he was a chaptered-out individual
Doesn’t he say “my people have had a bad history with government treatment”?
After listening again, yes that sounds more like it.
“My people” got booted from Cades Cove, GSMNP 90 something years ago

But we got over it

We’re not even allowed to have our own casino

I'm having trouble letting this one go.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Sparky70

You and some of the others must have watched a different video than I did. The officer seemed very reasonable and professional to me.
I'm glad I joined here. Seems to be a large number of people with internet degrees in law & order, & criminology. Not to mention the others with their expertise and degrees in medical and virology.
I may never need to go to the dr or lawyers office again!

I've no doubt you don't know what you're talking about.

LOL
Hah!. I'm embarassed for Tonto's dad.

If Mr Ranger was going to arrest him, doesn't he have to at least try before busting out the taser? Tonto for sure wasn't violent or posing a threat, at least that I could see.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 12/31/20
I’m not very concerned about right or wrong. I think the machismo on some of the thread posts is funny as all get out.

I did enjoy seeing an arrogant putz get tased and squeal like a baby child. I’m thinking that he meant that he had a Marine T Shirt not that he was a Marine.

Simple Pie
He needed to Taser the ankle biter too!
Originally Posted by MAC

Man you make to much sense, not allowed on here anymore,
Got what he deserved, but too late in the game. Officer was very polite and professional. Show me an ID and we are out of here with a warning. Dude had it coming in my book!
Posted By: ribka Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 01/01/21
Originally Posted by RufusG
... he had more balls than most of you .....!

Regardless of how you feel about ranger's actions and his interpretation of the rules, your hero:
1. As situation escalated, pulled out his phone and started pushing buttons hoping it would act as magic talisman and rescue him,
2. Yelled for help like a little girl, and
3. Used tiny dog as a shield.

Not really your prototypical Freedom Fighter.

All in all, he could have played the whole noble resistance angle better from the git-go as well.

he played all the beta male cards.
Posted By: ribka Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 01/01/21

Some nice bull elk on public lands just designated as np's
Posted By: jimy Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 01/01/21
Originally Posted by ribka

Some nice bull elk on public lands just designated as np's

You twits are missing the fact that the culprit was walking on sand, not hunting ,not fishing he was walking on sand you dumb f~cks !
Posted By: sse Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 01/01/21
i think the ranger was a complete idiot. tell the guy the problem and escort them back to the trail. the problem started when he started requesting ID, etc., turning it into an investigation. The guy thought that was BS and got pissed, and i agree
Seems to be a 50/50 split between those who understand blatant overreach, and those who enjoy the taste of boot leather.
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Seems to be a 50/50 split between those who understand blatant overreach, and those who enjoy the taste of boot leather.

well put
The ranger was a dick, just like most law enforcement .
Originally Posted by grovey

When did you join BLM?

While some cops can be huge dicks and come at you with attitude right from the start, this Ranger was quite polite and patient with this couple. When an LEO gives you a lawful order, it's best to comply. If you don't believe in rules or laws, you must be one of those anarchist, Antifa, BLM types.
Claude Dallas comes to mind

Jayco
Cop was insulted by his attitude so got trigger happy with the taser.
Americans support far too many law enforcement agencies. This poor Native Son forgot that in modern America there is little common working man can do without stepping on someones toes.
Like something from the evil Star Trek universe. "Mr. Kyle, your agonizer, please."

Ranger Prick: Your papers please.

Chief: Says nothing.

Ranger Prick: Don't you know who I am?! I coulda been a contender!!! I coulda been an actual cop!! Imma electrocute you bitch ass injun!!!!
It's odd how the right pounds their chest to "blue lives matter!" and proclaims all cops are heroes. These are the same king-schitt cops that are arresting people for opening their restaurants and tazing someone without a weapon for walking back to their car off a trail. And you don't think cops are going to come for your guns when Biden tells them to?
This guy was a chit head..He had so many other ways he could have handled it rather than the way he did..There are people out there that will not take that kind of chit and he should be aware of it..

Two officers, Conley Elms and Bill Pogue of the Idaho Department of Fish and Game, approached Dallas regarding suspected poaching in the rural woods of Idaho. While Elms was inside a tent containing poached bobcats, Pogue drew his weapon. Dallas reacted by shooting Pogue with his own handgun. When Elms exited the tent, Dallas shot him as well.

Jayco
The degree to which people see this encounter as black and white one way or the other is illuminating, but not inspiring.
Ah, I think I see what's going on here. When a cop enforces a law in the city against someone who doesn't look or act like you, why that's ok. When a cop (Ranger/Game Warden) enforces a law that you have likely broken yourself (poaching, trespassing, habitat destruction) in the environment that you frequent, well now that's overstepping their bounds and the cops deserve to be shot. Got it.

Posted By: 700LH Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 01/01/21
Little Johnny meets the Hall Monitor.
"Ah, I think I see what's going on here. When a cop enforces a law in the city against someone who doesn't look or act like you, why that's ok. When a cop (Ranger/Game Warden) enforces a law that you have likely broken yourself (poaching, trespassing, habitat destruction) in the environment that you frequent, well now that's overstepping their bounds and the cops deserve to be shot. Got it."

Thank you cooper. Yes, that is funny how when inner city Nigs break the law, 100 percent of this forum says "Lock 'em up."
But when it is a non-negro, committing crimes in the national park, he gets a pass.
Yeah, it's the same mentality. If you or people in your culture mug people, rob liquor stores, steal stuff, why they think there's nothing wrong with that so when a cop tries to arrest them, why that's horrible and police brutality . I guess it's the same when joe six pack shoots a deer out of season, trespasses, steals a tree stand or game camera etc. (you know the stuff that apparently some here do or condone), then THAT'S horrible and police brutality. There's a word for that.

I guess right or wrong depends more on with whom you identify, that what's legal or illegal, moral or unethical.
The guy in the video did none of those things.

He trespassed on an area set aside for protection of it's fragile ecosystem; not different than trespassing on someone else's land and/or shooting an endangered species.

He trespassed on an area set aside for protection of it's fragile ecosystem. No difference than trespassing on someone else's land and shooting an endangered species.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Tazee will get paid
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Cop was insulted by his attitude so got trigger happy with the taser.

I think where he screwed up is threatening him with the taser therefore sending things irretrievably down that path. Perhaps tasers are better used reactive rather than proactive.

Could be the real screw-up was attempting any kind of physical intervention one on one, or two on one if the woman had jumped in, especially as another Ranger was on the way
not different than trespassing on someone else's land and/or shooting an endangered species.

meaningless comment, your examples are not equivalent in gravity
The degree to which people see this encounter as black and white one way or the other is illuminating, but not inspiring.

k, well the outcome was the use of a taser for no legitimate reason
Park Ranger will be asking "Do you what a hot apple pie with that" soon.
When he said "You're not free to go" would piss me off. If you're not FREE to go, what are you? Under arrest?

Good one...boot licking reference. Cant believe it took this crowd so long lol.
Originally Posted by sse

Tunnel vision. It can be overcome.
Originally Posted by sse
not different than trespassing on someone else's land and/or shooting an endangered species.

Well they actually are equivalent. When the hiker was told to get back on the trail and that he wasn't allowed where he was, he was trespassing. The area is off-limits because they are trying to protect a sensitive area ie. plants or the ecosystem. So yeah, trespass and protection of a species or ecosystem are in both scenarios/situations and that makes it equivalent. Understand?.
Originally Posted by MichieD
When he said "You're not free to go" would piss me off. If you're not FREE to go, what are you? Under arrest?

No, not initially, he was being legally detained for having committed a violation and the officer was trying to determine whether he was going to get a warning or a summons. When you get pulled over in your car for a traffic violation are you free to go before the officer completes the stop? No, you are being detained. If you try to drive away before the end of the stop, you will then find yourself arrested and cuffed. If you resist being cuffed, see what happens to ya. My guess, you'll get tased.
Originally Posted by sse

Well they actually are equivalent. When the hiker was told to get back on the trail and that he wasn't allowed where he was, he was trespassing. The area is off-limits because they are trying to protect a sensitive area ie. plants or the ecosystem. So yeah, trespass and protection of a species or ecosystem are in both scenarios/situations and that makes it equivalent. Understand?.

trespassing isn't equivalent to a felony except in the fantasy you and the ranger dwell...jaywalk much
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 01/01/21
Originally Posted by sse

well put

I doubt that to be the case. Most people here don’t like overreach. But in this case they just don’t care cause an idiot got his butt handed to them and it was just flat out funny to watch.
Originally Posted by sse

weighing circumstances and coming to a conclusion is healthier than leaving unresolved things swirling between your ears
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by sse

weighing circumstances and coming to a conclusion is healthier than leaving unresolved things swirling between your ears

Yep, tunnel vision. Sorry about that.
Sh*t show all around.
Originally Posted by MichieD

Detained.
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by sse

Yep, tunnel vision. Sorry about that.

yer right the ranger might have been wrong, or he might not, finally resolved, feels good with the blinders off

When did you join BLM?

While some cops can be huge dicks and come at you with attitude right from the start, this Ranger was quite polite and patient with this couple. When an LEO gives you a lawful order, it's best to comply. If you don't believe in rules or laws, you must be one of those anarchist, Antifa, BLM types.

Not at all big mouth... Just my opinion. I'm entitled to one too, but a dick is a dick, and a phuggin badge doesn't make you our supreme leader. A phuggin cop will lie in a heartbeat if it serves his purpose and given half the chance, and will violate your rights without thought. The "ranger" (sounded like he was 18) forced the issue because he was insulted by the man when he didn't "comply". A simple get back on the phuggin marked trail or I'll give you a ticket would of gotten the message across.
Originally Posted by sse
feels good with the blinders off

It's clear the concept of tunnel vision escapes you.
A simple get back on the phuggin marked trail or I'll give you a ticket would of gotten the message across.
This.
There looks to be a Rez subdivision about 300 yards behind where they're hiking. I'd guess that area gets all kinds of foot traffic.

What kind of flora needs to be protected there, anyway,....tumbleweeds?
Originally Posted by sse
feels good with the blinders off

It's clear the concept of tunnel vision escapes you.

that's because i have tunnel vision

HNY...

don't forget to use sunscreen, stay on the trail
A simple get back on the phuggin marked trail or I'll give you a ticket would of gotten the message across.
This.

Nope. The axe handle society on here would put him in the ICU for not being polite.

After they put down their fur babies.
This.

Supposedly this was done....then the native feller and his gal gave fake names and so it rolled downhill. Obviously we begin our video partway into the interaction.

But yeah....eff the police.

It wasn't that simple, ranger wanted to see
if chief had history of violations, which
would determine if he gets a ticket.

Thats fair and reasonable, yet taser was
as someone described - overreach.
Yeah, it's the same mentality. If you or people in your culture mug people, rob liquor stores, steal stuff, why they think there's nothing wrong with that so when a cop tries to arrest them, why that's horrible and police brutality . I guess it's the same when joe six pack shoots a deer out of season, trespasses, steals a tree stand or game camera etc. (you know the stuff that apparently some here do or condone), then THAT'S horrible and police brutality. There's a word for that.

I guess right or wrong depends more on with whom you identify, that what's legal or illegal, moral or unethical.

You don't recognize the difference in looting and breaking and entering and walking on sand?

You don't recognize the difference in looting and breaking and entering and walking on sand?

no, he does not, so i view his opinion accordingly
There looks to be a Rez subdivision about 300 yards behind where they're hiking. I'd guess that area gets all kinds of foot traffic.

What kind of flora needs to be protected there, anyway,....tumbleweeds?

Probably scratchoffs and malt liquor bottles all behind it
This.

I can't disagree with that.
Sage brush is highly endangered. I've heard tell that it's down to 15 billion acres worth these days.
I've never seen more roadside trash in my life as I have driving through New Mexico. "stay on the trail, we don't want you tripping over a malt liquor bottle."
Posted By: MOGC Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 01/01/21
Originally Posted by logcutter
This guy was a chit head..He had so many other ways he could have handled it rather than the way he did..There are people out there that will not take that kind of chit and he should be aware of it..

Two officers, Conley Elms and Bill Pogue of the Idaho Department of Fish and Game, approached Dallas regarding suspected poaching in the rural woods of Idaho. While Elms was inside a tent containing poached bobcats, Pogue drew his weapon. Dallas reacted by shooting Pogue with his own handgun. When Elms exited the tent, Dallas shot him as well.

Jayco

Claude Dallas a reasonable man in your mind?
I bet if the situation occurs again the Tonto dude foregoes being tased and listens to the officer. Problem solved.
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by logcutter

Jayco

Claude Dallas a reasonable man in your mind?

Last heard ol Claude was working glory holes in NV.
Posted By: SKane Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 01/02/21
I bet if the situation occurs again the Tonto dude foregoes being tased and listens to the officer. Problem solved.

😁😁😁😁
I couldn't watch much with the dog yipping.

Guessing the guy was a native. And as such, he can usually do what we wants in these type situations.

Someone fill me in here, but as a native, I am guessing the native will end up in good shape in this situation.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Park Ranger tasers hiker.... - 01/02/21
Native or not the entitled crybaby needs punched in the throat. Damn what a chickenchit he is.

BillyGG, with any luck Claude will choke on a big black one and won't survive it.
© 24hourcampfire