Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
That guy was literally tazed for not providing a name or ID.

In the US are you not required to show ID when asked? How does that work when you are pulled over?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
"WHAT THE HELL YOU MEAN WALKING AROUND IN THE DESERT?!!

*BZZZZZZZZSNAPCRACKLEPOPZZZZZZZZZZT*

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I live near a very popular NP and the rangers there won't hesitate to taser if you give them trouble. I never have had any issues with a park ranger, most of em are pretty cool if you are responsible and respectful.

For a number of years some idiots were hosting a 'fest right near one of the park gates. Large crowds, live music and the smell of hemp filled the air. One gal decided to run thru the park gates and the rangers wasted no time in tasering her. Also hear of rude intoxicated subjects getting the taser treatment all the time in the park.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
That guy was literally tazed for not providing a name or ID.

In the US are you not required to show ID when asked? How does that work when you are pulled over?

States can require it but there is no federal mandate.

But when you start dealing with feds it becomes a gray area.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MtnHtr
I live near a very popular NP and the rangers there won't hesitate to taser if you give them trouble. I never have had any issues with a park ranger, most of em are pretty cool if you are responsible and respectful.

For a number of years some idiots were hosting a 'fest right near one of the park gates. Large crowds, live music and the smell of hemp filled the air. One gal decided to run thru the park gates and the rangers wasted no time in tasering her. Also hear of rude intoxicated subjects getting the taser treatment all the time in the park.

The legal thresholds for the use of force do not change based on your job or agency.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AB2506
Watch the video, sand, the man walked on sand, sand as far as the eye can see, yet I can't concern that mysterious trail that was so violently violated !

The dog walker turned a nothing into a something. All he had to do is identify himself and the ranger would have run the info. Could have ended with a simple verbal or written warning. Maybe a citation. Instead he turned into a for sure citation and possibly an obstruction and/or resisting arrest felony.

Talk about stupid. I dont care what race he is.

I've been a Provincial Park Ranger, Fish and Wildlife Officer and a Bylaw (Code) Officer for more than half of my 56 years on earth. I would never have approached these people unless I had to. The ranger was very professional. I never had a taser, so I can't say if he used it correctly. But the dog walker would have been arrested unless he identified himself.

Quickest way to get an enforcement officer away from you is comply. Be polite. I was issued a speeding ticket a few years ago. I was polite, I handed my licence over without being asked. The officer was impressed by my politeness, he mentioned it in his notes. It made it easy to go to the courthouse, plead guilty, with the prosecutor giving me the minimum fine with no demerits which could have affected my insurance rates. [/quote]

So can we ascertain from your post you are just as much a jerk as the guy in the video? Why does anyone need to identify themselves when out for a walk? Are we Nazis now? Show me your papers.

I have seen this same situation in other videos when the officer's boss arrived and told the walker to leave and told the officer there was no reason to demand I.D.

I hope the officer looses his job and the walker sues the organization for at least ten years wages.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave
Rest assured the indian will get quite the settlement.

Rock candy and fire water.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Let's all agree: this is what occurs when two idiots meet.....dumb [bleep].

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ERK
Unless you have committed a crime you are not required to show I’d to a police officer. Does this not apply to a simple ranger? Edk

The crime was getting off the marked trail. Then getting belligerent.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
"WHAT THE HELL YOU MEAN WALKING AROUND IN THE DESERT?!!

*BZZZZZZZZSNAPCRACKLEPOPZZZZZZZZZZT*

Had to be a democrap.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Seems excessive to me. Just tell the guy to get back on the trail.

He did...about 47 times and the idiot refused.

If one looks at more than the walker one can see he is headed for the parking lot. On a trail!

Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Taze em every time they leave the reservation, and we wouldn't have these problems.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by Backroads
Lol, hiking on a sand trail is illegal!
Public lands are obviously only legal when on designated trails, not on obvious trails on public lands!

Dry climates, the vegetation is more susceptible to damage and the soil to erosion.

On level ground? Where's it going to erode to? Your guy was a jerk. Like someone suggested. Put him on the border.

Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Well here’s the guy, says he’s a former US Marine. (Scroll down for pics)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...tedly-tased-park-ranger-going-trail.html

Looks sorta effeminate to me but clearly he has the “I’m an Indian” thing going on.

In the video the Ranger says he was “behind the Valvoline” and there’s buildings in the near distance. Could be this little patch of land could easily be trampled all to heck without some control.

None of which is relevant, comes down to did the Ranger have legal grounds to taze the guy.

DM article says he is a 'retired Marine'. I'd be curious to know some of the facts around his 'career' in the Corps.

His whole passive-aggressive noncompliant behavior, reaction to the taser, and major 'indian' chip on his shoulder doesn't seem to mesh well with the 'retired Marine' narrative.....unless fake PTSD medical retirement or similar.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MARCEL
Having been in this situation by accident a time or two a simple correction could have avoided a lot of this. Guy was looking for trouble and the ranger obliged him

The ranger was looking for a chance to bully someone.

Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
He was tased for the reason most people will get tased; resisting arrest. Tonto was breaking the laws of the park, which the ranger is there to enforce. You wanna use the park, you need to comply with the rules of the park. That's kinda simple. If you aren't going to follow the rules, hike somewhere else. He had a choice. The ranger stated he was inclined to just issue a warning but first he wanted to know if Tonto was in the system as having been warned before, hence, the need to ask for his ID info to run him thru the system. Had Tonto not broken the law, he would not need to provide ID. If he had been warned before, Ranger Rick was going to issue him a summons. But Tonto defies the officer's lawful authority. Now the officer can just pussy-on out of there and let Tonto walk away, or, he can insist that Tonto comply with his lawful orders. Ranger Rick decides he's going to arrest this guy and cuff him but Tonto he no like that idea. He resists and, as one should expect, gets tased. In the old days, the LEO would just hit him over the head with a stick, knock him down and cuff him. These days it's the taser. Either way, it's better to either give him the info he wants, or, when being placed under arrest, put your hands behind you and fight it in the courts if you think Ranger Rick has violated your rights in some way.

It's ok to jaw as much as you want to the cop but know that if you have broken a law, you're not likely to get cut any slack. That's just human nature. Pick your battles. With our pansy liberal judges, Tonto may get some cash out of this, but he certainly doesn't deserve a dime.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well said cooper57m!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

That MFin Indian wasn't even Indian!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Video should be titled, "when tards meet

fake injun wink

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,659
Posts18,493,524
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.