Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
It comes down to what constitutes grounds for tasing someone.

Sacred grounds.

About 2/3s of the west would be "Sacred Grounds" if you believed the natives.

Actually about 150% of the land would be claimed by the natives for one thing or another.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by MAC
Since when are you not allowed to hike off a trail? This has to be in someplace like CA.

Are you purposely trying to be dense?

Plenty of national and state/provincial parks have areas where you are not allowed off the trail for a variety of reasons.

Watch the video, sand, the man walked on sand, sand as far as the eye can see, yet I can't concern that mysterious trail that was so violently violated !

Watched the video. It could be used as a training video on how to deal with uncooperative public. The only unclear part, mainly because I'm not aware of the rules of force at that location, is should have the taser been deployed right away.

The dog walker turned a nothing into a something. All he had to do is identify himself and the ranger would have run the info. Could have ended with a simple verbal or written warning. Maybe a citation. Instead he turned into a for sure citation and possibly an obstruction and/or resisting arrest felony.

Talk about stupid. I dont care what race he is.

I've been a Provincial Park Ranger, Fish and Wildlife Officer and a Bylaw (Code) Officer for more than half of my 56 years on earth. I would never have approached these people unless I had to. The ranger was very professional. I never had a taser, so I can't say if he used it correctly. But the dog walker would have been arrested unless he identified himself.

Quickest way to get an enforcement officer away from you is comply. Be polite. I was issued a speeding ticket a few years ago. I was polite, I handed my licence over without being asked. The officer was impressed by my politeness, he mentioned it in his notes. It made it easy to go to the courthouse, plead guilty, with the prosecutor giving me the minimum fine with no demerits which could have affected my insurance rates.

We are not Canada, we are free, Americans, The bunny cop turned a nothing into something, freedom is earned, and it doesn't come from submission.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by b_li_ber_tar_ian
Originally Posted by b_li_ber_tar_ian
Jimmy One M says grow a pair, let some cvnt flaunt the law and act like a smug cvnt without making him swallow his teeth. Jimmy One M says letting some smug cvnt prance all over the law makes him tough. Jimmy One M is obviously a BLM nutsucker.

I'm only quoting this for tomorrow when you wake up from your White claw hangover, and say WTF. I know its Texas, and we expect nothing less....

Don't get pissy, Jimmy One M. The smug cvnt feels entitled to do what he wants. You agree with him. Says a lot.

As an American citizen, I do feel entitled to walk freely on the land the we as Americans own, you are a drunken twit, lacking the balls and intellect to understand what freedom is,how it is earned, and what it requires of a free man, this guy did no more than ignore "the Man" and that appears to be the limit of his capabilities, I ,myself am not as limited .

Holy hell! You're only limited by your ability to fuggin spell J-I-M-M-Y.

Real fuggin internet freedom fighter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We are not Canada, we are free, Americans, The bunny cop turned a nothing into something, freedom is earned, and it doesn't come from submission.

The dumbass with the dog turned something into nothing, not the ranger.
Anyone who can't follow simple legal instructions may need a little reminder whose in charge of the situation.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The key here is to pick your battles, the Redskin was not collecting eagle feathers, nor was he frying up a fresh batch of sea turtle eggs, the man was walking his dog and praying to some unknown god . Why tase him, the gestapo master also doing his job, had a gun why not put one in the redmans earhole and hang him from one of the trail marking signs that he ignored ,just to prevent it from ever happening again ?

When someone chooses an armed confrontation, over nothing more than being ignored , the gooberman has to much power!

Last edited by jimy; 12/30/20.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MAC
Since when are you not allowed to hike off a trail? This has to be in someplace like CA.

Are you purposely trying to be dense?

Plenty of national and state/provincial parks have areas where you are not allowed off the trail for a variety of reasons.

Watch the video, sand, the man walked on sand, sand as far as the eye can see, yet I can't concern that mysterious trail that was so violently violated !

Watched the video. It could be used as a training video on how to deal with uncooperative public. The only unclear part, mainly because I'm not aware of the rules of force at that location, is should have the taser been deployed right away.

The dog walker turned a nothing into a something. All he had to do is identify himself and the ranger would have run the info. Could have ended with a simple verbal or written warning. Maybe a citation. Instead he turned into a for sure citation and possibly an obstruction and/or resisting arrest felony.

Talk about stupid. I dont care what race he is.

I've been a Provincial Park Ranger, Fish and Wildlife Officer and a Bylaw (Code) Officer for more than half of my 56 years on earth. I would never have approached these people unless I had to. The ranger was very professional. I never had a taser, so I can't say if he used it correctly. But the dog walker would have been arrested unless he identified himself.

Quickest way to get an enforcement officer away from you is comply. Be polite. I was issued a speeding ticket a few years ago. I was polite, I handed my licence over without being asked. The officer was impressed by my politeness, he mentioned it in his notes. It made it easy to go to the courthouse, plead guilty, with the prosecutor giving me the minimum fine with no demerits which could have affected my insurance rates.

With all election controversy, how many times has it been said that America is a nation of laws, follow the laws, equal application of the law for everyone? Hundreds if not thousands of times.

There were rules/laws in that park that were violated. The ranger enforced the law. Freedom ends there until the situation is properly resolved. The hiker chose to forgo his freedom by his own actions.

Pretty sure your Geritol is reacting with your whiskey.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, pick your battles applies to the Ranger but not the "Redskin"? The dumbass with the dog picked his battle and lost, as anyone with half a brain would expect.
You're awfully emotional about this. Lots of direct experience with the popos?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The key here is to pick your battles, the Redskin was not collecting eagle feathers, nor was he frying up a fresh batch of sea turtle eggs, the man was walking his dog and praying to some unknown god . Why tase him, the gestapo master also doing his job, had a gun why not put one in the redmans earhole and hang him from one of the trail marking signs that he ignored ,just to prevent it from ever happening again ?

When someone chooses an armed confrontation, over nothing more than being ignored , the gooberman has to much power!

You are so very wrong. Give it up.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by NVhntr

The dumbass with the dog turned something into nothing, not the ranger.
Anyone who can't follow simple legal instructions may need a little reminder whose in charge of the situation.

The man walked away, how is that aggravating the situation ?

Lets say the dog man was from Latvia , and didn't understand English, should he have been tased ? just asking . How about this same man with a 65 IQ should he have been assaulted ? Really, where do we draw the line?

The man was walking a dog for God sake, somehow I was brought up to believe that when the Gooberman put a uniform on a man, and payed him with tax dollars, he was worthy of wearing and earning it, I was sorely mistaken !

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Petroglyphs are unique and they're not being made any more. If they're damaged, they're gone forever. People want to see them so the only way to prevent damage is to restrict where they can walk. I suspect that 1000's of people walk through there every year and the minor damage caused by each one adds up to a lot of damage if it's not controlled. So how hard is that to figure out?
I don't care what race the guy is. His footsteps do the same damage as mine would. If he's supposed to be honoring his ancestors, he needs to avoid damaging what they left behind.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Jiminy..... Please let us know how your next experience with authority goes. Even if its just your wife.

And get some video of you being a bad-ass if you happen to think about it.......... laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
Maybe we should transfer this ranger to the border and tell him that's his new park and it's illegal to hike without a permit.

Pure genius.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Seems excessive to me. Just tell the guy to get back on the trail.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Seems excessive to me. Just tell the guy to get back on the trail.
He did...about 47 times and the idiot refused.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
.Petroglyphs are unique and they're not being made any more...
His footsteps do the same damage as mine would. If he's supposed to be honoring his ancestors, he needs to avoid damaging what they left behind.

Chief said he goes there to pray and meditate
one don't need preserved rock art or regenerated
foliage to achieve that... the Romans mostly
flattened the temple in Jerusalem but it hasn't
changed how they value the place spiritually.

If st Peter's Rome fell to the ground wou!d it
effect the relationship catholics have with Jesus?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Jiminy..... Please let us know how your next experience with authority goes. Even if its just your wife.

And get some video of you being a bad-ass if you happen to think about it.......... laugh

Far is it for me to question your indiscretion or intellect, as we have never meet or even interacted, and for one to be taken seriously those are factors to be considered, or at least given secondary thought, obviously that's something that has been lacking in your education, what ever of it you've received.

The same words were used against Hannibal, never underestimate an enemy that you have yet, not met .....

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Unless you have committed a crime you are not required to show I’d to a police officer. Does this not apply to a simple ranger? Edk

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sprechen sie deutsch und show me your papers!

Great contact....well done all around. Meanwhile while Rome burns....

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Sprechen sie deutsch und show me your papers!

Great contact....well done all around. Meanwhile while Rome burns....

Scary isn't, it ?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Lol, hiking on a sand trail is illegal!
Public lands are obviously only legal when on designated trails, not on obvious trails on public lands!

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,164 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,668
Posts18,493,711
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.