-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I only read the first 2 pages of this thread and all I have to say is........it sounds like a bunch of pre-boomers.

And you guy make fun of real Boomers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boomers hate self checkout...

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Always a pain when buying booze. Which is the main reason I go to the grocery store.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tried one once, and ended up pissed off. Several stores do try to direct one in that direction, but I calmly explain that I end up in a bad mood and go look for a checkout line.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It’s great for buying Astroglide and orange sherbet

No weird looks

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
It’s great for buying Astroglide and orange sherbet

No weird looks

Haha.

Go thru Tarinaquerios line with a box of Magnums.

Damn white boy! It’ll make her eyes sparkle.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You guys complain about saving time? Back when the USSR was up and running, I read how supermarkets worked there. To start with, they never had much of a selection. You went in and walked around the store looking for what you wanted. Everything was guarded. When you found it, you went to the front, without the item, and paid for it. You took the receipt back to the guard and were given the item...IF it was still there. If not, you could look for another item the same price or you could get a refund and start all over. I remember reading about Soviet officials coming here and not believing how we do things. They thought they were being scammed by being taken to specially stocked stores to see how much stuff was in them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
You guys complain about saving time? Back when the USSR was up and running, I read how supermarkets worked there. To start with, they never had much of a selection. You went in and walked around the store looking for what you wanted. Everything was guarded. When you found it, you went to the front, without the item, and paid for it. You took the receipt back to the guard and were given the item...IF it was still there. If not, you could look for another item the same price or you could get a refund and start all over. I remember reading about Soviet officials coming here and not believing how we do things. They thought they were being scammed by being taken to specially stocked stores to see how much stuff was in them.

Sounds like Service Merchandise.

Take the card. Go to the register. Then wait for it to come down
The conveyor belt.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
At Kroger pushing a basket full toward the check out and Mr Manager turns out the light and points to the self check out .

I grab the beer and a bag of chips, walk to the self check out and leave the full cart just sitting there . He ask what about this stuff and the answer is "you can put it all back" . Wait and he gets a lady to check me out IDGAF .

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

The conveyor belt.

Service Merch was the sheeit

Bought my wedding rings and a 30/06 at the same purchase

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Who goes to a big assed store for just a couple things?

Thats dumb.

"I don't like people"......so you buy a can of sardines, a sleeve of crackers and a roll of one ply every day?

Makes sense. ...

I can buy those couple things cheaper at a bigger store, and I am a total tight ass OK? Get off my back dude. You're cramping my style.

Stop YELLING AT ME!

So you are actually a people person who is cheap as hell.

I understand...I once went into a Walmart for a jar of pickles.

They were out.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Impossible

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I shopped in Russia in the early 90's . Took about 4 hours a week for schitty basic food and TP

Ill take Walmart self checkout any day ben if I have to wait for the overseer clerk in tight black jeans and white tennis shoes to ok my box of California vino and ammo

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

The conveyor belt.

Service Merch was the sheeit

Bought my wedding rings and a 30/06 at the same purchase

Heck yeah.

I was a youngster. I remember LEGOs and cross man pellet rifes.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
At Kroger pushing a basket full toward the check out and Mr Manager turns out the light and points to the self check out .

I grab the beer and a bag of chips, walk to the self check out and leave the full cart just sitting there . He ask what about this stuff and the answer is "you can put it all back" . Wait and he gets a lady to check me out IDGAF .

#one man wolf pack.

No wonder you are always grumpy in those pics. 😂

Dave

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some things are better suited for self service, like pumping petrol, getting cash, etc, others such as grocery shopping, not so much. Plus I try to support employment wherever possible.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Born in 69, too young to be a boomer.
Not sure I fit into a pigeonhole.

Screw the self checkout.
5-10% discount? I'm in.

The more I see them installed, the more I stand in line
for the one register while 3 people look at the empty
self check lines, the more entrenched I become.

Was at Lowe's, the 2 cashiers were busy and one of the
attendants tried to wave me through the self checkout.

"No Ma'am, I'm waiting to be checked out."

"I'll get you here."

So she unloads the card, scans the chit takes my money
and feeds it into the machine!"

I'm thinking "This makes good sense, only it ain't gonna get
me to,.....

The machine phuggks up. She can't get my change out.

Put me in the unimpressed column.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Self checkout is just one more of those things where I have to follow my wife around and do what she says... like Joe Biden and Jill Biden.

I made my wife's life so miserable if she took me shopping, that we have not been to a store together in a couple of decades.

I do not care what she spends on the grandkids, and I do not care what color or size of flavor it is...I do not read cans and can't stand it when she does, so she gives me a list and I go get it at the grocery.

I can check myself out a lot quicker than the idiots they hire at most stores and do when I can.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I haven't been thru a self checkout lane in 30 years.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It’s a real pain if I’m getting fruit

The scale dialog comes and oh my God....calgon take me away

"Calgon take me away"? I haven't heard that in 30 years....

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 204guy, 219DW, 12344mag, 41 invisible), 2,145 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,230
Posts18,504,336
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.