Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
It would certainly cut into my conjugal duties. . . . . laugh And I got right up to the end of the second period.

Thanks for taking the time to post that, RickBin. It'll make for interesting research in the days to come. (But ya got to admit - - - it IS a little loquacious. smile )

Seriously - - - I always appreciate material from the source.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think if a guy were going to enter into a serious and mutually respectful discussion on an issue and purport to present the position of the target of his criticisms, he would:

1] Be interested in a full and complete understanding of the issue, and of the true position and foundation of both sides of the issue, so that he could make intelligent, cogent, and unbiased commentary and study of the issue, as a search for the truth. To the extent that that is not done, the true intent of the party is revealed to the unbiased observer. If you don't have the respect and decency to take the time to inform yourself and KNOW my position, then don't purport to PRESENT IT FOR ME, or even to comment on it intelligently, or if you DO, be aware that to the extent you DON'T understand my side of it, your commentary is flawed and moot, and largely irrelevant, except to your own cheering section, of course.

2] He would certainly not cherry-pick a skewed presentation of the issue, by an organization that shares his bias, and posits ONLY those historical facts that support its position, conspicuously omitting untold evidence spanning 2000 years that speaks against his preconceived position on the matter.

3] Say what you will about celibacy, but I submit to you that the official Catholic position and exposition on the matter is much more objective, tolerant, and mindful of the entire historical record, bad or good, than what is typically espoused by the anti-Catholics on this forum.

Therefore, bring on the cheap tactics and snicker amongst yourselves at the cute and hateful jokes. As we all know, nothing unites the otherwise divided multi-thousands of non-Catholic denominations like a good stab at Catholics.

You'll get nothing but cut-and-pastes of the true Catholic position on matters from me after this post. At least by that means I'll be able to correct the misrepresentations, accusations, ommissions, and outright falsehoods about Catholics and Catholicism that pervade this tainted forum.

It's funny how many people purport to know more about what I believe than I do, and how many atrocious things I'm supposed to believe that I never have.

Suffice it to say, as a conclusion to the ONE editorial commentary I will allow myself anymore on this forum, this forum is tainted, glaringly incomplete, prejudiced, biased, and generally unworthy of true Christianity. I am speaking for many, MANY, who have shared the same with me.

Many of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyD
I think if a guy was going to seriously consider all of that, he would have to be celibate! grin

Yeah, You'd have to be celibate to have the time to read all those commandments of men...:):)

I'll just stick to the word of God..

James

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines, the commandments of men. Mt 15:9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The Catholic Religion Exposed

[Linked Image]

The Catholic religion is straight out of the pits of hell. I do not call Catholicism a "church" because it is NOT a church, it is a FALSE religion. How can you have a "church" when heathen people gather in the name of false doctrine? You cannot! Jesus clearly made a direct correlation between worship and doctrine in Mark 6:6-9.

"He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." -mark 7:6-9

If you are following the doctrines of men, then you are worshipping God in vain. John 4:24 declares that the ONLY way to worship God is in spirit and truth. This means that a person MUST first become a born-again believer before they can fellowship with God. How can a man's dead spirit communicate with the Holy Spirit of God? It is impossible according to 1st Corinthians 2:14-17. Also, you MUST worship God in TRUTH, not heresy and false religion. The world is FILLED with an unbelievable amount of lies, false religion, and doctrines of devils. Only through the Holy Spirit of God and the King James Bible can we "rightly divide the Word of Truth," navigating through the minefields of heresy.

The devil is a master counterfeiter, do you really think he wastes his time hanging out at the Church of Satan? Of course not, it's already obvious to everyone that members of the Church of Satan are clearly the children of the devil. Do you know where Satan roams? The devil lurks within our churches, in the heart of heretics like Billy Graham (who has done more damage than anyone, trying to unequally yoke the Satanic Catholic religion with Christian churches). The Bible commands us NOT to be UNEQUALLY yoked with the heathen. No church should EVER participate in any type of event that is sponsored by a false religion or wayward "church." One healthy person plus one sick person equals two sick people. No healthy person ever made a sick person better by being around them, but the opposite happens every day. The Bible teaches separation, including ecclesiastical separation. Satan wants God's children to associate with his children in an unholy alliance -Don't do it! Billy Graham has caused millions of people to see no harm in the Catholic religion. I tell you, the Catholic religion is straight from hell.

The Pope NEVER spoke of being "born-again." The Pope NEVER made any public profession of faith ALONE in Jesus Christ. On the contrary, Pope John Paul II placed his faith in the traditions and manmade doctrines of the Catholic religion. There is NOTHING in the King James Bible (or the Catholic Bible) about keeping the Seven Sacraments to get to heaven...nothing! There is NOTHING in the Word of God about the Immaculate Conception of Mary. There is NOTHING in the Bible about the Rosary or praying to God through Mary. There's NOTHING in the Bible about digesting Jesus' flesh and blood. Roman Catholics literally believe that they're eating Jesus. There is nothing in the Bible about priests being celibate. There is NOTHING in the Bible about purgatory. Matthew 23:9 outright forbids calling any priest "Father." So why do Catholics do it?...because they are being taught the commandments of men...

"He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." -Mark 7:6-9)

The Catholic church is based upon TRADITIONS and not upon the Bible. Even by twisting the Bible out of context, it's still impossible for Catholics to justify their ridiculous religion. For example: Exodus 20:4,5 commands us to never create any type of image to bow down to. Catholics bow to statues (images) of many different saints to worship God. This is idolatry. You simply CANNOT justify this type of wickedness with the Bible. God's Word clearly forbids us from bowing down to ANY graven image. Worse yet, every faithful Catholic prays to the "Mother Mary," bowing in worship. Though they claim that they are not worshipping Mary, they are violating the Bible by even bowing to her (and they certainly are worshipping her). To reverence and adore the "Mother Mary" is to commit idolatry. There is NOT one single verse in the entire Bible where Jesus told anyone to recognize Mary in any special way. Catholics use the reasoning that Mary was with Jesus all the time, which simply is NOT true, and there are no Scriptures to indicate such foolish conjecturing. Jesus was NO momma's boy. Why should we be led to believe by Catholics that Mary is more understanding than the very prophets who God used to author the Bible? What about Jesus' half brothers and sisters? It is dangerous to add things to the Bible that it does NOT teach. Any doctrine which cannot be supported with Biblical references is a manmade doctrine.

Obviously, Mary did NOT remain a virgin (so why do Catholics continually refer to her as such?). Mary was a hell-deserving sinner just like any afflicted person lying in the gutter on the street. Do I respect Mary?...yes, but no more than I respect any other godly woman. There is no Biblical record of Mary ever winning anyone to the Lord. Catherine Booth (wife of William Booth, who founded the Salvation Army) was an aggressive soul winner and speaker for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I respect her much more than Jesus' mother, only because I know that she was very active for the Lord. I'm sure Mary was a very friendly and sweet woman, but she was a sinner just like anyone else. Also, the absurd teaching of the Immaculate Conception of Mary is heresy straight from hell. Good luck trying to prove that from the Bible. Why are people so foolish as to trust their soul's destiny to the lying words of some priest? Look at the creepy picture below of the Great Catholic Whore, notice the scars in her hands...

[Linked Image]

Oh how blinded are the minds of most people, walking in darkness, they stumble and know it not. Jesus is the answer, not a religion! The Catholic religion is a lie, a road to destruction which has been cleverly paved with good intentions. Open your Bible and read it for yourself. Mary is NOT the co-redeemer!

I mean no harm or unkindness to anyone, but someone needs to speak the truth of God's Word. One billion people foolishly look to the Vatican in Rome for spiritual guidance, and not to the Word of God. The Vatican keeps adding NEW doctrines (for example: the false doctrine of the "Immaculate Conception of Mary" didn't exist until 1950). What will they add next? The Bible NEVER changes, nor has it changed from when it was first written. The King James Bible (not the "new" King James) has preserved the Words of God for this generation (Psalm 12:6-8). How could anyone be so gullible and foolish as to believe that God would leave His gospel in the hands of a bunch of homosexual pedophile priests? We're not talking just a few priests here, but hundreds! The Catholics' foolish (and unscriptural) practice of celibacy has created a whole religion of sex-perverts. By the way, Peter had a wife according to the Bible (Matthew 8:14). So why can the first Pope (according to Catholicism) have a wife but not the others? Catholicism is composed of manmade doctrines, not the commandments of God. Don't be fooled! Please don't go to hell because of false religion based upon lies, ceremonialism and formalism.

If you want to please God, then you MUST become a born-again believer in Christ Jesus and worship God in the TRUTH of God's Word.

How to be Saved

Homosexual Priests

The Roman Catholic Church is a Big Hoax

The Roman Catholic Teaching on Salvation and Justification

The Assumption of Mary Refuted

Homosexuality and Pedophilia

Priests and Boy Scouts

Vain Repetitions

False Religions

Accepting Other Religions

The Hoax of Our Lady of Fatima

Why Criticize Religion?

To Whom Do Catholics Pray?

John 6:51 -Eating Jesus' Flesh and Blood?

<http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/images/Jesus-is-Saviorgif7.gif>

Last edited by Cheaha; 07/24/07.

James

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines, the commandments of men. Mt 15:9
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickBin
I think if a guy were going to enter into a serious and mutually respectful discussion on an issue and purport to present the position of the target of his criticisms, he would:

1] Be interested in a full and complete understanding of the issue, and of the true position and foundation of both sides of the issue, so that he could make intelligent, cogent, and unbiased commentary and study of the issue, as a search for the truth. To the extent that that is not done, the true intent of the party is revealed to the unbiased observer. If you don't have the respect and decency to take the time to inform yourself and KNOW my position, then don't purport to PRESENT IT FOR ME, or even to comment on it intelligently, or if you DO, be aware that to the extent you DON'T understand my side of it, your commentary is flawed and moot, and largely irrelevant, except to your own cheering section, of course.

2] He would certainly not cherry-pick a skewed presentation of the issue, by an organization that shares his bias, and posits ONLY those historical facts that support its position, conspicuously omitting untold evidence spanning 2000 years that speaks against his preconceived position on the matter.

3] Say what you will about celibacy, but I submit to you that the official Catholic position and exposition on the matter is much more objective, tolerant, and mindful of the entire historical record, bad or good, than what is typically espoused by the anti-Catholics on this forum.

Therefore, bring on the cheap tactics and snicker amongst yourselves at the cute and hateful jokes. As we all know, nothing unites the otherwise divided multi-thousands of non-Catholic denominations like a good stab at Catholics.

You'll get nothing but cut-and-pastes of the true Catholic position on matters from me after this post. At least by that means I'll be able to correct the misrepresentations, accusations, ommissions, and outright falsehoods about Catholics and Catholicism that pervade this tainted forum.

It's funny how many people purport to know more about what I believe than I do, and how many atrocious things I'm supposed to believe that I never have.

Suffice it to say, as a conclusion to the ONE editorial commentary I will allow myself anymore on this forum, this forum is tainted, glaringly incomplete, prejudiced, biased, and generally unworthy of true Christianity. I am speaking for many, MANY, who have shared the same with me.

Rick

Friend Rick,

Totally AMEN

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Rick,
since you directed your post to me, I will respond.

First, I apologize to you. The link and content I posted was not meant to be offensive to anyone. I merely saw historical content and found it to be quite interesting. It was not meant as a definitive document on celibacy in the Priesthood, nor a statement of anyone's position. It was, as I said, "tidbits" that I found interesting to see how this doctrine had evolved. A poster asked a question and I thought this document, that had Catholic roots, might be informative. It is obvious you do not, were greatly offended by it, and for that I am genuinely sorry.

I have no bias regarding the topic nor did I find anything that bolstered previous impressions. Instead, I found what was fascinating historical trends. Or so I thought.

I truly can't fathom how the posting of such a link would lead to a rebuke of this degree, but that is all the more reason I offer a heartfelt apology. I have tried to stay above the kind of posts you allude to, so to find one I offered from the seeming neutrality of history to have been so offensive is both baffling and devastating to me.

I will say that I do not understand your meaning about sharing nothing but cut and pastes on the Catholic position from this time on. In the years I have been posting here, you have scarely posted on this forum. If you or others of your faith had stood their ground on Catholic issues dear to them like many others have done on here regarding similar issues, we might not be at this place in time. Just a thought.

As an action to back up that thought, if I am part of what has made this forum "tainted, glaringly incomplete, prejudiced, biased, and generally unworthy of true Christianity", I will remove myself from it willingly and never post here again. Indeed, my intentions were exactly the opposite, but self-evaluation is never impartial.

This forum has been a very interesting place for me to learn much about others beliefs and interests in their faiths. For me it has been an overall good thing but it is said all good things must come to an end.

I truly hope it becomes all you wish it to in the future.

A Brother in Christ

RickyD

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
RickYD:

PM coming.

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I have nothing against the deceived peoples who worship mother mary, pray to mother mary and bow to idols (see pope above worshipping the statue of mother mary) but can't fathom believing such utter dung.

"mary is the co-redeemer with Jesus? Pure Devil Doctrine

Immaculate conception of mary ? Pure Devil Doctrine

I find it interesting that Hitler was raised by a devout Catholic mother. Well, it's not really surprising, come to think of it. Just a reinvention of the Inquistion...

Have a lovely Christ-centered day...

James

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
James,
Dumping gas on a fire is not wise. Black powder and gas transends unwise by an immeasurable degree.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I agree with RickyD, there, Cheaha. Enough has been said -- way past enough. Speaking the truth is one thing, but speak it in love, Brother.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by the_shootist
I agree with RickyD, there, Cheaha. Enough has been said -- way past enough. Speaking the truth is one thing, but speak it in love, Brother.

You're right. I came on a little strong and apologize for the tone of my last post. What I posted was and is, the truth however...

James

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It bears repeating:

3] Say what you will about ___________, but I submit to you that the official Catholic position and exposition on the matter is much more objective, tolerant, and mindful of the entire historical record, bad or good, than what is typically espoused by the anti-Catholics on this forum.

Suffice it to say, as a conclusion to the ONE editorial commentary I will allow myself anymore on this forum, this forum is tainted, glaringly incomplete, prejudiced, biased, (edited to add: bigoted) and generally unworthy of true Christianity. I am speaking for many, MANY, who have shared the same with me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It bears repeating:

Oh how blinded are the minds of most people, walking in darkness, they stumble and know it not. Jesus is the answer, not a religion! The Catholic religion is a lie, a road to destruction which has been cleverly paved with good intentions. Open your Bible and read it for yourself. Mary is NOT the co-redeemer!

I mean no harm or unkindness to anyone, but someone needs to speak the truth of God's Word. One billion people foolishly look to the Vatican in Rome for spiritual guidance, and not to the Word of God. The Vatican keeps adding NEW doctrines (for example: the false doctrine of the "Immaculate Conception of Mary" didn't exist until 1950). What will they add next? The Bible NEVER changes, nor has it changed from when it was first written. The King James Bible (not the "new" King James) has preserved the Words of God for this generation (Psalm 12:6-8). How could anyone be so gullible and foolish as to believe that God would leave His gospel in the hands of a bunch of homosexual pedophile priests? We're not talking just a few priests here, but hundreds! The Catholics' foolish (and unscriptural) practice of celibacy has created a whole religion of sex-perverts. By the way, Peter had a wife according to the Bible (Matthew 8:14). So why can the first Pope (according to Catholicism) have a wife but not the others? Catholicism is composed of manmade doctrines, not the commandments of God. Don't be fooled! Please don't go to hell because of false religion based upon lies, ceremonialism and formalism.

If you want to please God, then you MUST become a born-again believer in Christ Jesus and worship God in the TRUTH of God's Word.

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. I see the Truth is no longer welcome here. See ya...

James

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Folks,

First I want to say that I am a born again Christian who was raised in the Independent Baptist Church in the backcountry of Southwest Virginia and Northwest North Carolina. With this in mind, please read my post and think about what I am trying to say.

I have refrained from posting on this thread because I am loathe to get into a doctrinal gum beating contest that serves only to breed ill will, damage friendships, and does absolutely nothing to advance the core ideologies of Christian fellowship.

This Catholic bashing has to STOP.

Sure there is plenty wrong with the Catholic Church but there is also just as much wrong with the Protestant Church. One could find many examples from each side to support such an argument.

But what purpose would that serve? Stroke someone's ego maybe?

I have personally been ostracized by one of my very best friends who is a Baptist preacher because I chose to attend and work at a state university instead of [his word's here] "a real school like Liberty or Regent University."

What difference in the Christian sense does my choice of college and workplace really make? In, short, none. Despite the stereotypes of long-haired liberal Christian hating professors infesting our universities, I have found that many of the faculty, employees, and students are devout, God-fearing Christians.

I have also observed, at least among the faculty in the Department of History, the Christians and the liberal heathens may not agree with each other but they respect each other's right to believe the way they want to.

I can also say without any reservations that Steve Timm is one of the finest Christian gentlemen I have ever had the pleasure of discussing the subject of religion and faith with. And Rick Bin has also proven time and again that he is also cut from the same Christian cloth.

Here is something else to think about. When we all get to Heaven there is not going to be Catholics, Protestants or any other denominations. There is only going to be Christians who love the Lord.

In closing, how about everyone who has gotten so heated up over the Catholic Church chill out and try approaching Catholicism from a position of respect with the hand of Christian fellowship extended before the entire Christ at the Campfire forum is torn to pieces.

HBB

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Bear very well put its crap like this that makes the church look just like the rest of the world. And you people know who you are. DK

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you.....

Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other, for you freedom.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only person who decides who enters the Kingdom of God is God. Nobody telling me I am going to hell here on earth knows that, or is in a position to say that with certainty. To say so says you know the mind of God by telling me the state of my soul? - simply not true. YOU are NOT that special, get over yourself.

If someone wants to talk churches of Satan and where the devil walks - fine - I would humbly suggest we start in the rhinestone pole barns of the modern mega-church. A place where people tell you God wants you to be rich (Jesse Duplantis) - God wants you to send me money for a 40 million dollar gulfstream IV so I can fly around and preach. (camel and eye of a needle comes to mind)

Sorry brother - that don't cut it for me. I for one am done.

I was never a heavy poster here at CATC. I did read about every other time I was on the fire and would have to say that when it comes to actually living your life like Christ commands - Steve and Rick have shown that in spades. (Catholics BTW) Those here who took the time to trash my religion which is as much a part of me as race might be to other posters (Cheaha your post is many time worse than the Stick - Lhonda dust up and no one is calling for your banning - speaks volumes about the so called Christians here) aren't worth my time to correct and I simply am not going to participate in that.

Something about "love thy neighbor and what you do unto the least of my people you do unto me" springs to mind and those two have shown that in their posts and what they have done for members here at the fire in total.

When I read CATC - I see a small group of guys talking about how they have God figured out, how others are bound for hell and how THEY have the word and not someone else. NO talk about how Christ has been in their life, how their relationship with Christ has moved them to a better spiritual well being as they feel the loving hand of God in their daily lives, holding them and being their ever loving Father.

For me CATC exists only in PMs with people who want to actually talk and discuss their faith as to what it means to them and not how it is better than the others. That happens with Catholics and non alike. Way too many expert professing to tell me what I know or believe - you ain't me. A poster used to say "You can BS the fans but not the players" - how correct.

PS - calling Catholics sinners for asking the mother of God to pray for us then typing out a post asking "brothers at the fire to pray for cousin bob because he is having knee surgery" is hypocracy of the highest order.

Calling the mother of Christ a wh*re - odd were I to call you mother the same - there would be a slew of posts and a calling of bad behavior. Odd I couldn't do it about your mom but you can do it about Christ's mom and gladly call yourself a Christian.

Last edited by teal; 07/25/07.

Me

L
L
13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ�s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

KJV - Gal. 5:13-26

Perhaps we could all benefit from the words and advice of Paul.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cheaha and RickyD,
I am so glad that you have all the answers. Man you really take a lot of your time to show everyone else how right you are and how wrong they are.
No denomination has everything right!! Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Fact: for the first 1500 years since Christ died on the cross there was only one church, the Roman Cathloic Church. Where would you be without it?
MS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mississippi

Fact: for the first 1500 years since Christ died on the cross there was only one church, the Roman Cathloic Church. Where would you be without it?
MS

Mississipi,

Please do not take offense if I take the liberty to correct your statement.

For the first 1054 years since Christ died on the cross there was only one church, the Orthodox Christian Church.
The Roman Catholic Church seperated themselves from Christendom in 1054 AD. The schism was created by the attempt of the Patriarch of Rome, Pope Leo the IX, to excommunicate fellow Patriarch of Constantinople, Michael Cerularius.
After 1054 there were two churches, The Byzantine (Orthodox) Church of the East and the Latin (Roman Catholic) Church of the West.
After this "Great Schisim" many more schisims followed during the Protestant Reformation during the mid 1500's.

Again, my intention is not to offend, merely to inform.

God's blessings,

Dan

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
No denomination has everything right!!
I totally agree and that is why I am not a part of one.

As far as having all the answers, I certainly do not. I am looking for a few and will always be willing to hear you or any other out who wants to share their answers with me or the group as a whole. That is how we learn, if eyes and ears are open. Are yours?

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

198 members (280rem_cm, 12344mag, 35, 2UP, 44mc, 375TN, 17 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 1,026 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,967
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.