Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
I quit drinking beer a year and a half or so ago and drink those lightly flavored sparkling waters.

Yep. Had to quit beer for a while. Tried the NA stuff and it just isn’t good. Started popping a LaCroix (or whatever dafugg they’re called) instead.

Much better.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB4

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Geno, no SPG here, I used to get the real verison in Bozeman though, the NA version would probably be nice and skunky like the Heineken 0.0.

No delivery available...

To the rest of you enablers, I gotta take a break!
(and yes it sucks!)

Yeah Sam, rural living has some drawbacks. Variety, sure we got variety. There's Romaine and Iceberg lettuce, and 3 kinds of apples.

As far as "it sucks"...............................would the alternative suck worse, right?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Teal
First thought you meant "North American"

If you mean non-alcoholic- I don't know. Had a pard go off the booze but he drank a lot of Clausthaler.

link - some twits wrote an article

Clausthaler is another decent one. If not mistaken that's a Heinie product, no?

Best I ever found. Better than some “real” beers. Hard to find hereabouts.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by EdM
I quit drinking beer a year and a half or so ago and drink those lightly flavored sparkling waters.

Yep. Had to quit beer for a while. Tried the NA stuff and it just isn’t good. Started popping a LaCroix (or whatever dafugg they’re called) instead.

Much better.

Got a Soda Stream machine a few years back. Carbonate my own water from my well, add a squeeze of lemon, lime, grapefruit, tart cherry juice, etc and make my own expensive "seltzers". I love the dang thing. Only real sodas I drink nowadays seem to be the Jarritos down at the Rubio's taco shop.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Should clarify no alcohol period.

And no strip clubs...lol

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Can you add extra carbonation say something like Dr Pepper? So it really boils out your nostrils?

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Tea and water in the summer, coffee and water in the winter.

Tea means iced tea for those from northern latitudes.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am a very infrequent drinker of beer. I have a very, very hard time telling the difference between various beers. (Perhaps the problem is that I don't hold my head back so that my nose is elevated high enough in the air.) On the topic of NAs, I have only experienced one that I thought was bad. We picked up some Beck's NA in Canada, thinking that we were really going to be living high. Upon our return home we found it to be absolutely god-awful.

My apologies to Heineken, who I named as the culprit in the original post. Chalk it up to fading memory.

Last edited by 5sdad; 01/03/21.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

why bother ?

empty calories & nothin gained

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I tried some of that stuff back when I first quit drinking. Didn't taste too bad but just wasn't the same, plus it gave me the shizzling fits. Gave it up as a bad job.

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tikkanut

why bother ?

empty calories & nothin gained

Bud Light has spoken

😂😂

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I hung up the beer mug I ended up going all Uncle Si. Big jug of ice tea but I don't pack it around like him I leave it in the fridge. lol
I still drink lots of tea 7 yrs later. Just went for my usual coupla afternoon Rock Stars to keep the poison quotient up and after them it'll be tea all night and a lil herbage. I started with normal tea but ended up trying the ol lady's green tea and I actually like it better, 3 bags to a gallon or so.. whole lemon squished in there, done. I'll wait now for someone to tell me where to turn in my man card. haha

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Should clarify no alcohol period.

And no strip clubs...lol

Health & healthy relationship in mind my vote goes to H2-0, at times I'll add a slice of lime or lemon. Hot, warm, cold & iced all may work depending on conditions.

Last edited by Hunterapp; 01/03/21.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Can you add extra carbonation say something like Dr Pepper? So it really boils out your nostrils?

I bet I could.

I over carbonate mine as I usually keep a bottle in the fridge for a day or two. Makes it stay fizzy longer.

Dr Pepper would be a hoot, hand someone a glass and tell them a joke. Stuff be flyin' all out their nose for sure!

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM

Much better.

Got a Soda Stream machine a few years back. Carbonate my own water from my well, add a squeeze of lemon, lime, grapefruit, tart cherry juice, etc and make my own expensive "seltzers". I love the dang thing. Only real sodas I drink nowadays seem to be the Jarritos down at the Rubio's taco shop.

My wife is all over that one she drinks lots of bubbly water. I have a glass now and then too. Been meaning to try bubblifying something tastier than water one of these days should work fine?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Salty303
When I hung up the beer mug I ended up going all Uncle Si. Big jug of ice tea but I don't pack it around like him I leave it in the fridge. lol
I still drink lots of tea 7 yrs later. Just went for my usual coupla afternoon Rock Stars to keep the poison quotient up and after them it'll be tea all night and a lil herbage. I started with normal tea but ended up trying the ol lady's green tea and I actually like it better, 3 bags to a gallon or so.. whole lemon squished in there, done. I'll wait now for someone to tell me where to turn in my man card. haha

I can't tell you to turn in that card.

After all, I have my own soda water maker.

And, when I go to the Rez station, I get a free ice tea (with a shot of lemonade) with a fill-up. (I hate gas station coffee)

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lonerider
ROOT beer

LOL that's the first thing I thought of.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I drink water all day but when I get home I like to have a beer or 6,7,8...
(used to love the whiskey and tequila but that HAD to stop)

Drinking the beer has become a habit, the phony beer is simply an attempt to fool myself.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

A friend of mine got one of those and went crazy with it. Later found out it was really irritating his esophagus and his Dr. told him to cool it with that as that irritation could lead to cancer. Seriously, water or some herbal HOT tea would likely be best.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Salty303
Originally Posted by EdM

Much better.

My wife is all over that one she drinks lots of bubbly water. I have a glass now and then too. Been meaning to try bubblifying something tastier than water one of these days should work fine?

Lately,my go to has been a tablespoon or so of tart cherry concentrate in a 12 oz glass, sometimes with a squeeze of lime added. I tried one of their cola deals and didn't like it. I've done some OJ mixed with some fizzy water, lime, lemon, grapefruit, and even some root beer flavoring (hated that, artificial flavors in it )

If I was you, I'd try anything I liked

In it is contentment

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,961
Posts18,480,557
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.