Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Getting away from medical side of Covid concerns, and government mismanagement (eg unnecesary border shutdowns), has anyone found some sort of benefit?

I think I have - I bought a mini-lathe. Working from home and doing my gym workouts at home now, I gained at least 2hrs extra time per day - mainly saved from travel time to/from work.

Mind you, I wouldn't call it stress free relaxation - gotta plan and think carefully about what I'm doing, it would be too easy to stuff things up and waste time/effort. Maybe I should have invested in beer and Netflix instead? smile

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
To tell the truth, apart from mail slowdown and my daughter doing uni at home, the whole thing hasn't changed much for us at all.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I had no 'allergies' last year.

I want a mini-lathe, but I have no shop space, really none left, and I'm concerned about runaway costs for tooling and stock for which I also have no room.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
I had no 'allergies' last year.

I want a mini-lathe, but I have no shop space, really none left, and I'm concerned about runaway costs for tooling and stock for which I also have no room.

Luckily I found the space for the lathe, and the tooling was also a relatively large cost in comparison, and now I think I'll need to find space for a milling machine. The guy who droped off the lathe seeded the thought and suggested a space for the milling machine, and said he'd see me again to delver it - cheeky bugger.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Same as positives of isolation in general for myself.

Something i've lived as much as is healthy for me all my life. So my life is pretty much the same, only more peaceful with the roads quieter. And fresher when i breathe with the airline industry etc on the rocks. The air is cleaner and clearer than its been for decades around here. A HUGE positive there.

When thinking about isolation i keep in mind that there are almost 8 billion of us now, about four times the outside number this planet has a hope in hell of sustaining indefinitely, and yet we are still breeding like primate rats. Growing like a yeast culture.

Be happy if you CAN isolate. It's becoming an endangered luxury, isolation.

Last edited by gulo; 01/06/21.

From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information.
� Edward Abbey

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
There always positives, this is not downplaying the seriousness of covid.
Myself , I live on land and life hasn't changed alot, stock must be fed, repairs undertaken etc.
We still build a fire, swap a few lies and drink a few beer.
Just don't mix with the city folks and they don't come around these days. Life is pretty good.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gulo
Same as positives of isolation in general for myself.

Something i've lived as much as is healthy for me all my life. So my life is pretty much the same, only more peaceful with the roads quieter. And fresher when i breathe with the airline industry etc on the rocks. The air is cleaner and clearer than its been for decades around here. A HUGE positive there.

When thinking about isolation i keep in mind that there are almost 8 billion of us now, about four times the outside number this planet has a hope in hell of sustaining indefinitely, and yet we are still breeding like primate rats. Growing like a yeast culture.

Be happy if you CAN isolate. It's becoming an endangered luxury, isolation.

It surprises me when some argue that our population size is not a problem, that we can feed and house double the number. It seems delusional.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 55 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,408
Posts18,470,229
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.