Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have a solid back up cache but for me the days of going to the range weekly and burning through several hundred rounds each visit are over unless supply starts to pick up again. I just don't see how I can replace what I have.

I'm hoping the ammo and component manufacturers see value in scaling up their production equipment given now that the insane demand will likely not abate any time soon. While they've stressed that they're running at max capacity throughout the nonsense in 2020, I question how many of them have actually invested in scaling up their production capacity itself, probably thinking the demand may be temporary.

GB1

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i have a lot of percussion caps

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by copperking81
I have a solid back up cache but for me the days of going to the range weekly and burning through several hundred rounds each visit are over unless supply starts to pick up again. I just don't see how I can replace what I have.

I'm hoping the ammo and component manufacturers see value in scaling up their production equipment given now that the insane demand will likely not abate any time soon. While they've stressed that they're running at max capacity throughout the nonsense in 2020, I question how many of them have actually invested in scaling up their production capacity itself, probably thinking the demand may be temporary.

Back during the Obama panic (remember all of the terrible things that came of that?) the excuse for the manufacturers not scaling up their production capability was that they would be left with a great deal invested when the panic subsided and not be able to recover their investment. Exactly how has that played out?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ingwe
Heres my very first bit of advice before it all starts...

Horde .223 ammo that will cycle through an AR

Yeah, you're never going to use it all, but if anybody on "our team" stops by and needs ammo, they should get it.

In any event, it will become currency.

Yep.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A little too late. Ain’t nothin left to hoard.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hudge
I’ve been seeing 5.55 and 9mm ammo daily for the last week at Sportsman's Warehouse.

well I hope you bought some

Sam......

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by copperking81

With the exception of 12 & 20 ga target ammo for skeet & trap, I'm with ya. I'm not shooting any handguns or rifles (excluding .22s which I have plenty of leftover ammo from my .22 benchrest days) unless I can find ammo to replace what I shoot at reasonable prices I've been shooting rifles for 50 years and handguns for 40, I'm thinking I don't need a heck of a lot more practice.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
STFU wouldn't be the better course of action ?

J
jdunham Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by gunswizard

LOL! Suck a bag of dicks!

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by renegade50
Watch a schit load of ammo and components come on the market in the next 2 weeks to a month.
A cornucopia at skyhigh prices never seen before....

"Just outta the blue"...........

LOL prolly true.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jdunham
Originally Posted by gunswizard

LOL! Suck a bag of dicks!

He is out of stock. Just a few pubes and a wet spot in the bottom his bag.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (2500HD, 300_savage, 1973cb450, 338reddog, 204guy, 338rcm, 19 invisible), 1,750 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,050
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.