Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Bills already introduced in the house.

https://www.guns.com/news/2021/01/07/and-here-come-the-anti-gun-bills-for-2021

The 117th U.S. Congress gaveled into session this week and at least a half-dozen anti-gun measures have been filed already with the House Judiciary Committee. The majority of those, four bills, were submitted by Rep. Shelia Jackson Lee, D-Texas, with the fifth and sixth filed by Reps. Bobby Rush, D-Ill., and Al Green, D-Texas, respectively.

Related: Republican Lawmakers Reboot Hearing Protection Act, Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act

While the proposed texts and summaries for these legislative measures are not yet available to the public, the titles seem largely self-explanatory and likely mimic bills previously submitted by the same lawmakers in past sessions.

The proposals:

H.R.30 - To increase public safety by punishing and deterring firearms trafficking.

H.R.121 - To provide for the hiring of 200 additional Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents and investigators to enforce gun laws.

H.R.125 - To amend Title 18, United States Code, to provide for a 7-day waiting period before a semiautomatic firearm, a silencer, armor piercing ammunition, or a large capacity ammunition magazine may be transferred.

H.R.127 - To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.

(More than likely this is modeled after the EU/UK/UN scheme)

H.R.130 - To require the safe storage of firearms and ammunition, and to require the investigation of reports of improper storage of firearms or ammunition.

Again (More than likely this is modeled after the EU/UK/UN scheme)

H.R.167 - To prohibit the transfer of a firearm at a gun show by a person who is not a federally licensed firearms dealer.

Meanwhile, additional and more sweeping bills are likely inbound.

Congressman David Cicilline, a Rhode Island Democrat, has for the past two sessions entered his ambitious bid to reboot and expand the long-expired federal ban on “assault weapons” within the first few weeks of being sworn in.

His latest attempt, which expired in December without leaving committee, had 216 co-sponsors in a chamber where only 218 votes are needed to pass legislation. This was likely due to the fact that it faced certain demise in a then-Republican controlled Senate or on President's Trump desk. Last October, as he was seeking reelection, Cicilline ran on a promise to continue his gun control efforts if sent back to Congress to represent Little Rhody.

The current party breakdown of the House has Dems with a razor-thin 222-211 margin over Republicans. In the Senate, with the outcome of special run-off elections in Georgia decided this week, Dems will hold sway over a split 50-50 chamber. Vice President Kamala Harris will have the tie-breaking vote, and Sen. Chuck Schumer will be the expected Senate Majority Leader.

Swifty

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
And this is just the beginning.....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Firearm-clueless Democrats making the rules.

I guess we should email our reps?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It's called subversion of the Constitution, aka treason. It is a "high crime", and punishable by death under the law. Another way of looking at it boils down to if you are a serf or a free man. A free man won't stand for this schit. "Politics" is just another word for "We're going to fuuck you over right in front of you, but we'll smile while doing it, claiming it is for the 'common good', so you can't do anything about it."

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The 2A MUST be the red line that gun owners defend TO THE DEATH.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Seven day waiting period on a silencer. Thats awesome usually its six months or more !!!!!!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
We're going to need the good states to form a united front against Federal laws that violate the Second Amendment, i.e., an agreement not to allow such laws to be enforced within their united border. There's already such a movement underway, and it needs to be solidified quickly.

Unfortunately, the globalist response to this will be to import tens of millions of Third Worlders and settle them in the most red states to vote out state politicians who support such arrangements.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ironbender

😆

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Rugies
Seven day waiting period on a silencer. Thats awesome usually its six months or more !!!!!!

Good catch

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

I was thinking the same thing, there clueless of what laws are on the books

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everyone who signed onto those bills should be doxxed.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
FYI if your State Law is more restrictive Fed Law won't over ride that.

Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax," said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
AZ_Hunter The 2A MUST be the red line that gun owners defend TO THE DEATH.

Yup, along with the first !!!

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And some of you idiots on this forum voted for these clowns.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
All the liberals looked out across DC at the throngs of conservatives and Trump supporters a couple days ago and it scared them schittless.

What if all those people had brought their guns?!!!!!!!!!

Efforts to disarm American civilians will accelerate to warp speed.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
All the liberals looked out across DC at the throngs of conservatives and Trump supporters a couple days ago and it scared them schittless.

What if all those people had brought their guns?!!!!!!!!!

Efforts to disarm American civilians will accelerate to warp speed.

Exactly. The don't realize how scary it could be? Politicians will never sacrafice themselves but will use others in a heartbeat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender

Why? We make no difference to them.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Before he leaves office, Trump needs to sign a national intelligence finding that the Chinese Communist government is an enemy of the United States with accompanying documentation. Then anything done by China Joe's administration giving "aid and comfort" to them, like disarming the American public, is treason as defined by law.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They certainly aren't wasting any time. Our new dear leader Chinese puppet isn't even inaugurated yet and they are going after the 2A already. How come I'm not shocked?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gemby58

I was thinking the same thing, there clueless of what laws are on the books

Maybe that's for bildurown.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,141 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,776
Posts18,495,801
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.