Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunzo
Damn good question gruff.

Waited a lot of years to turn off the land line but did. 2 cells in the house & a hot spot. That's all. The Nashville bombing took it all out here. Felt a little bit pregnant.

Friends & I discussed the option of keeping a CB around, if nothing but to hook up in hard times. Don't think we followed through,,,, I don't have one.

A tight knit community here, but travel, maybe even cross country by cutting fences might be the only connect if chit gets bad & the cell stuff goes south.

I get a fair bit of guff from buddies for having a landline, but without cell service at home it was necessary. But all it takes is a truck with a good bumper and landlines are down too. I have a cb in one of my trucks, but hasn't been connected in forever. Maybe I'll see if it still works.

MAGA
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by denton
They have created demand for alternatives. Do not underestimate ingenuity.

It’s not ingenuity that’s a problem it’s greed. Once a successful product is developed it sells to Apple or Microsoft for ungodly sums that very few techno nerds could refuse, based on principle.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BINGO!!! ^^^^^

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Tip and ring

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It isn’t just a matter of trying to avoid them we’re seeing that now. They’ll go further and further to shutdown any voice that isn’t in lockstep with there carefully controlled narrative. Even if a handful wall themselves off it’s a losers game because big picture he who controls the narrative wins. Which is why they went after the schools, pop culture, and msm in the first place. Controlling the narrative is more important than whom you vote for. Once you have control of that narrative nearly all politicians are sheep to ones controlling the message.

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I have a small shortwave receiver for major issues like if we were to have all out war with China or something. I could at least find out major events hopefully.

That is limited for sure.

Remember in real life lone wolf stuff does not work out well. Cooperation with like minded community matters a lot.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
It isn’t just a matter of trying to avoid them we’re seeing that now. They’ll go further and further to shutdown any voice that isn’t in lockstep with there carefully controlled narrative. Even if a handful wall themselves off it’s a losers game because big picture he who controls the narrative wins. Which is why they went after the schools, pop culture, and msm in the first place. Controlling the narrative is more important than whom you vote for. Once you have control of that narrative nearly all politicians are sheep to ones controlling the message.

Well said.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Small town here. We have several people who run shortwave radios as apart of an emergency center should we get hit with a tsunami that is something like 300 years overdo.

Aside from shortwave radio. Most of us locals have cb’s or radios for hunting that we’ll use if/when the shtf and comms go down.

It really shouldn’t be a surprise by now with the Left being the new law in town, at least for the next couple years. We might want to tone down the rhetoric on evildoer things and such on line and via phone call and txt’s.

Big NSA sky daddy might start listening for key words, while spiders crawl web pages, forums, etc, looking for the same. Red flag laws being a fun tactic the Left is just drooling to tryout en masse.

I’m just a pacifist who sold everything firearm related.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
ESP

Fu.ck off dipshit.

Just continue farting, you'll be fine.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, I'm thinking of getting rid of the pellet rifle even.

After all, starlings and ground squirrels got a right to live too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everyone is so hooked on their cell phones that they forget that we will be better off without them then they will. Cell towers are not hard to find.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The short wave guys, good ones will be the sole source of info. ???? Or would that be blocked? I have no doubt it's possible.

Knowing, or knowing of, a SW guy or 3 might be a really good tool for your kit.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Problem is, CBs, walkie talkies, and short wave HAM stations can be easily monitored and tracked by sophisticated agencies if they transmit. Not so if they just receive. Even military grade electronic security can be hacked by military grade ECM. Think back to your old spy and resistance movies--drop boxes, messengers, and other old fashioned means become the only way out of the electronic morass. Remember Paul Revere's North Church lantern. Even those are not infallible however. IIRC, the battle of Gettysburg was almost compromised by a lost courier message found by a couple of soldiers where it fell with a couple of cigars. FWIW.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Small town here. We have several people who run shortwave radios as apart of an emergency center should we get hit with a tsunami that is something like 300 years overdo.

Aside from shortwave radio. Most of us locals have cb’s or radios for hunting that we’ll use if/when the shtf and comms go down.

It really shouldn’t be a surprise by now with the Left being the new law in town, at least for the next couple years. We might want to tone down the rhetoric on evildoer things and such on line and via phone call and txt’s.

Big NSA sky daddy might start listening for key words, while spiders crawl web pages, forums, etc, looking for the same. Red flag laws being a fun tactic the Left is just drooling to tryout en masse.

I’m just a pacifist who sold everything firearm related.

🦫

Same here brother Beav.
Saw the errors of my ways. It really does take a village.
I don’t need a military grade full semi automatic ar14 rifle or more than 9 rds to kill a deer.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Study what goes on in a communist country for your answers

LOL
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Face to face.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Study what goes on in a communist country for your answers

Have you done that? How do they do it?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The FCC has what is called a GRMS license, no test, just pay for the individual license. It allows family members to use the license. You can buy a fivepack of 2M handhelds and have short range communication depending upon terrain and antenna capability. Google it, going from my fading memory!

Old guy, old guns.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by denton
Duckduckgo is owned by Google. Might try Ixquik.

Google and Apple just cut their own throats. They have created demand for alternatives. Do not underestimate ingenuity.

Google has never owned nor had any part in DuckDuckGo, but some confusion arose with Google's ownership over the domain Duck.com which, at that time, was set to redirect anyone who visited the site to Google's search engine.

"Google kindly tried to clear up this confusion in July by adding a DuckDuckGo link to the page," The Verge reported in 2018. "Visiting Duck.com now redirects users straight to DuckDuckGo." That wasn't enough for DuckDuckGo who sought to, and were successful at, purchasing the domain off Google to avoid any further confusion.

DuckDuckGo is owned by Duck Duck Go, Inc. which was started by Gabriel Weinberg.

Anyone who wants to use DuckDuckGo can be assured they're not using a Google product in doing so.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could Blackberry make a comeback. Chen is from Hong Cong and there is no love lost on the communists.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

229 members (222ND, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 44mc, 160user, 1936M71, 23 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,646
Posts18,533,755
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.