Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs

Sizing grips on the net is right up there with getting fit for clubs indoors.

As aww, c'mon man, the launch monitor never lies!!!!!

Where should a person get fit for clubs?

Call PXG. They’ve got mobile fitters who will come meet you at a local course/range, set up their launch monitor and bring about 300 shafts and about 100 heads, and will do an entire bag fitting with no obligation to buy their clubs.

To be fair, they’re salesmen so they’re going to want to sell you clubs; but, you can at least get the information from them and make your mind up from there. To be honest, with as much time as the guy spent with me getting everything dialed in, I kinda felt obligated to order some clubs from him. A couple weeks after they got delivered, he was in my area again and dropped off a cart bag for free, so that was kinda cool. Doesn’t make up for the second mortgage I had to take out to cover the cost of those bats, though.

This is what they brought out the day I had one of them come meet me in BFE.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Dayam, bro. That's some serious ass-kissin.

Schumer ya uncle?

Hahaha. Nope, I’m told they treat everyone this way. They want you to have a custom, pro-level experience from the ground up. Near as I can tell, they’re pretty true to their word.

And, for what it’s worth, the guy who did mine said he was a Titleist fitter for 20+ years before switching to PXG. He said he really enjoyed putter fitting because most folks didn’t even realize it was a thing. Arced stroke vs. straight back/through, toe hang, face balance, etc. We spent nearly an hour on the putting green messing around with about a dozen different putter heads, shafts, and grips only for him to tell me to go buy a certain type of Cameron, gave me the weight pattern I needed, and told me what grip to have put on it. So, even though they’re salesmen, I kinda felt like they might have enough of a base salary to still give a [bleep] about actually improving people’s game.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

Hahaha. Nope, I’m told they treat everyone this way. They want you to have a custom, pro-level experience from the ground up. Near as I can tell, they’re pretty true to their word.

And, for what it’s worth, the guy who did mine said he was a Titleist fitter for 20+ years before switching to PXG. He said he really enjoyed putter fitting because most folks didn’t even realize it was a thing. Arced stroke vs. straight back/through, toe hang, face balance, etc. We spent nearly an hour on the putting green messing around with about a dozen different putter heads, shafts, and grips only for him to tell me to go buy a certain type of Cameron, gave me the weight pattern I needed, and told me what grip to have put on it. So, even though they’re salesmen, I kinda felt like they might have enough of a base salary to still give a [bleep] about actually improving people’s game.

You'd have to be pretty black to let a guy go through all that and not buy a set of clubs.

Tee-time in an hour.

Hollah, hollah.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

You'd have to be pretty black to let a guy go through all that and not buy a set of clubs.

Tee-time in an hour.

Hollah, hollah.

Yep. I ended up buying a whole set, minus the putter. Goalie is right - the veteran’s discount is solid and was insane two years ago around Veteran’s Day.

I really like the clubs, too. Plus, if the schitt really does hit the fan, I can sell them and buy a yacht and live at sea.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Golf friends, I have great news on many golf levels.

Yesterday I realized that all my real life golf friends are broke dick fugking losers that can't golf unless their wives and children allow them. So I whored myself to a starter and he allowed me to golf with three total strangers. Being new to golf this made me a wee bit nervous but I would rather golf with people I don't know than not golf at all. I golfed as well as I normally do and my ego grew accordingly.

I can proudly say I have learned to hit my 2 Hybrid like a boss, and it is making my golf life much easier.

After PT'ing this morning I hit my driving range:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

As my balls fell into my bucket I looked up, and I saw the most glorious of announcements.

"THURSDAY the 14th. FREE FITTING BY COBRA SALES REPRESENTATIVE"

I promptly signed up. Chick at the counter (she loves me) said the discount they give is substantial.

The golf stars are aligning for Flave.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yesterday I realized that all my real life golf friends are broke dick fugking losers that can't golf unless their wives and children allow them. So I whored myself to a starter and he allowed me to golf with three total strangers. Being new to golf this made me a wee bit nervous but I would rather golf with people I don't know than not golf at all. I golfed as well as I normally do and my ego grew accordingly.

I can proudly say I have learned to hit my 2 Hybrid like a boss, and it is making my golf life much easier.

As my balls fell into my bucket I looked up, and I saw the most glorious of announcements.

I promptly signed up. Chick at the counter (she loves me) said the discount they give is substantial.

Breaker breaker Looks like they forgot to pay the water bill..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Quickly scanned the 1st 10 pages, not one pic of Paulina Gretzky. How in the name of all that is smooth and manicured can that even be?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
breaker one nine, we have a flaming homo, I repeat, a homo on fire on the 'fire. over

MAGA
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
breaker one nine, we have a flaming homo, I repeat, a homo on fire on the 'fire. over

Roger that.

We’ve been aware of Gruff for some time now.

Out.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Do you wear one glove or 2 when you're swinging that thing around?

MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Roger that.

Out.

Breaker, breaker this is devils umbrella com’on back..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you wear one glove or 2 when you're swinging that thing around?

Uh only cb talk

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 79S

Roger that.

Out.

breaker one nine Devils' umbrella, why did he bring STX back into the convo over?

MAGA
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

I would love to have that weather. Frost isn’t off the greens until 10am here. I haven’t hit a ball in two weeks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I would love to have that weather. Frost isn’t off the greens until 10am here. I haven’t hit a ball in two weeks.

Somehow, I'm having trouble feeling any sympathy for you. I'm taking my son skating outside today......

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Roger that.

Out.

breaker one nine Devils' umbrella, why did he bring STX back into the convo over?

Breaker one nine billygoatgruff, be aware he’s a cocaine cowboy and a homo.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by goalie

Somehow, I'm having trouble feeling any sympathy for you. I'm taking my son skating outside today......

Got the ice auger extension out yesterday in case we need it this week. We do have this giant dome of an indoor driving range down in Anchorage, but that requires going to Anchorage.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Flave are you gonna go 200% Rickie Fowler with the Cobra stuff and start wearing bright colors and wearing flat billed hats and tucking your ears under them?

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Buncha frozen tundra dwelling losers.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Flave are you gonna go 200% Rickie Fowler with the Cobra stuff and start wearing bright colors and wearing flat billed hats and tucking your ears under them?

Uhhhh, if it improves my game?

Yes.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Seriously though, Cobra makes good stuff don’t they?

Page 67 of 116 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 54 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,414
Posts18,489,049
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.