Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I installed Iridium to see what it's like. It calls itself Chrome so what is it? It doesn't have my bookmarks or adblockers as I haven't imported them yet.

A while back I changed my 24hr avatar, or tried to. The old one keeps coming back. Right now I have Chrome, Iridium, Edge,and Brave open. Chrome and Iridium have the new avatar, Brave and Edge have the old one, all from the same profile.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Cookiesin the old browers are recreating it.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I moved from FF to Brave this afternoon and agree with others that it is not as friendly as FF. I'm going to keep it for a week to see if i can get used to the new commands. I do miss that bookmark section that drops down and is frozen.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
What good does all this do me on my android and chromebook?

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you have a chrome book you are probably hosed as that is a Google OS (I think)

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I installed Iridium to see what it's like. It calls itself Chrome so what is it? It doesn't have my bookmarks or adblockers as I haven't imported them yet.

A while back I changed my 24hr avatar, or tried to. The old one keeps coming back. Right now I have Chrome, Iridium, Edge,and Brave open. Chrome and Iridium have the new avatar, Brave and Edge have the old one, all from the same profile.

Several browsers out there use the Chromium code base. They each have unique tweaks to the build to make in more secure or lower overhead.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see Brave includes Qwant as an available search engine.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
tag, I'll get my son to help with this.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On the mobile versions of the chromium variants like Brave, if anyone wants a really simple home page, I use a linear list of the mobile bookmarks. So if you go to the home page, it simply shows your bookmarks and you can click whatever bookmark you want and go from there. Some of the browsers hide bookmarks in a menu. I like to have them all right there on the home screen. In your settings, under the homepage section, just use the following URL:

chrome-native://bookmarks/

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
What good does all this do me on my android and chromebook?
I've never used a chromebook but Preparation H works well on androids.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see something called Brave Rewards. That makes me wonder if there's a spyware like thread on that browser. I do not know the answer to that question but it sounds like something that links back home somewhere and tracks something. That's at least a red flag for me right now...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I see something called Brave Rewards. That makes me wonder if there's a spyware like thread on that browser. I do not know the answer to that question but it sounds like something that links back home somewhere and tracks something. That's at least a red flag for me right now...

My limited understanding is if you opt in for ADs you can earn rewards.

Right now I am liking Brave as it is much faster than FF and Mozilla is a schitt corporation.

I sort of think nothing is really safe and secure on the net so don't do dumb things on the net.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

I saw that in a review, and I immediately said no thanks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Heard there was a new browser...FORT SUMPTER.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's not a lot of secure options that haven't sold their souls or moved to China. The Tor browser is going to be the most secure but it's slow as molasses. I may go that route because if I'm going online on my phone, it's for something simple and I can wait a few more seconds. If I want to do more in depth surfing, I can find a laptop. I wish Iridium made a mobile browser because it would be both secure and fast with no other crap. Maybe they will some day.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1lesfox, 1234, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,518
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.