Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 72 of 116 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 115 116
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Goalie, and the Panthers/Blackhawks fan guy.

HOCKEY starts for real, like genuine NHL games, on Wed.............3 days from now.

Can the golf stuff take a rest then?

Valsdad,

Can I attend the game like a normal fugking person?

Are they kneeling??

Need to find a sport where they aren't.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Goalie, and the Panthers/Blackhawks fan guy.

HOCKEY starts for real, like genuine NHL games, on Wed.............3 days from now.

Can the golf stuff take a rest then?

Valsdad,

Can I attend the game like a normal fugking person?

Are they kneeling??

Need to find a sport where they aren't.

If we can't go to the arena, who cares?????

frown

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hopefully the guy from Cobra can fix all this?

I was 7 over par for nine holes this afternoon.

Are these worth a chit? I bought 500 of them.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Die thread die.......

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Not really.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Jesus.

I hope the guy with Cobra can explain all this schit.

cavity back or game improvement irons is all you need to know.

What does that mean?

It means Paulina Gretzky looks amazing in white yoga pants and sports-bra for fact. It also means that she looks even BETTER out of those white clothes but I haven't any photo evidence.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
With 72 pages in this thread Im sure Somebody has posted this already, but here goes...I'm bored...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by goalie

If you're playing better than bogey golf (legit bogey, not mulligans, foot wedges, 4-foot gimme putt bogey) then you probably are consistent enough that a fitting will help.

I've no reason to fib.

I was 17 over on the front nine and 7 over on the back nine.

I wasn't saying you were, but there are a lot of "bogey" golfers I've known that, when I've played with them, were not even close to breaking 50 on either nine.

I have friends that are pissed off shooting an 81 from the tips on difficult courses and friends that only get mad if the cart girl isn't seen for two consecutive holes.

In the end, until I started playing in a league, I always thought I was better than my actual league tracked handicap actually showed.

But, as I said earlier in this thread: getting fitted dropped my scores by a statistically significant amount. Same swing, more fairways, more greens, less penalty strikes=winning.

What’s the p-value?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Was talking to Nat one of my Dr buddies I play golf with once in a while, might buy a set of clubs and go with him more often.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]

Not really.

Ah breaker, breaker 1nine that’s a good copy

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

If you're playing better than bogey golf (legit bogey, not mulligans, foot wedges, 4-foot gimme putt bogey) then you probably are consistent enough that a fitting will help.

I've no reason to fib.

I was 17 over on the front nine and 7 over on the back nine.

I wasn't saying you were, but there are a lot of "bogey" golfers I've known that, when I've played with them, were not even close to breaking 50 on either nine.

I have friends that are pissed off shooting an 81 from the tips on difficult courses and friends that only get mad if the cart girl isn't seen for two consecutive holes.

In the end, until I started playing in a league, I always thought I was better than my actual league tracked handicap actually showed.

But, as I said earlier in this thread: getting fitted dropped my scores by a statistically significant amount. Same swing, more fairways, more greens, less penalty strikes=winning.

What’s the p-value?

Ah breaker, breaker one nine that would be a p value of 600

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by horse1

It means Paulina Gretzky looks amazing in white yoga pants and sports-bra for fact. It also means that she looks even BETTER out of those white clothes but I haven't any photo evidence.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Golf isn't about golf, it's about betting, all kinds of bets/games can be had and usually have 2 or more different ones at the same time, even the pros have bets going on between themselves per round and tally up after. With presses and such the last hole/holes are really where it's at, no matter how good you started if you finish bad you will be slammed. Lots of team games/bets, team tournaments, calcuttas, best ball...

Anyway I used to golf, was a solid 10 handicap which put me as a low C or high B player depending on the tournament. Most I won was 1200.00 per man on a calcutta. Lowest I shot was a 69 individually, usually in the mid 70s. Most public and private neighborhood courses are called short courses, even from the tips they are much shorter and easier slope/hazards than a PGA tour course, your handicap represents what you should shoot at a regular long harder course. Not often does a regular golfer play a long course, most 70 to 72 par courses are 6000 to 7000 yards. As a +10, I should have shot in the mid 70s consistent and I did, my buddies that were scratch to +4 would shoot well below par and if shot par would have had a terrible day.

Broke my leg on an elk hunt in '09 and couldn't golf for over a year, then couldn't really get myself back into it, it takes a lot of practice, playing and commitment to stay competitive.

I miss the guys and the fun and the jokes and the jibes, they still ask me to come play and I tried but can't compete, we play mostly team bets and whoever picked me got the short end of the stick, I know they don't care that much but I compare what player I used to be over who I am now and just don't play anymore.

I did go out this last summer and play 3 rounds of solo golf to see where I was at, kept my drives short to stay in play, shot 2 mid 80s and a 79, which puts me about a +18. Negative was I had only 4 birdies in 3 rounds, though playing short on a short course means few doubles and triples from going long and hitting out of bounds a couple times. Scoring a birdie, 5 pars and the rest bogies maybe 1 double won't play in team play. You need to be able to dominate a number of holes, toss out a few that you went for it but failed and hold the line on about half with a par. Boom or bust, mediocre/bogie doesn't hack it.

I played with a lot of really good golfers, club pros, regional pro tournament players, sometimes they would even qualify for a PGA open, have lots of stories, again I was a C player which means in team play I was 3rd, expected to pick up some holes, make some putts and hit some shots in to help the team...

Anyway , lots of stories but a favorite one is one of the guys that played with us was a famous olympic gold metal winner, he was about the same handicap as me. He couldn't make a local charity tournament and asked if I would take his place. I did but we didn't change the name, it was team play with 2 foursomes together on the same hole, when the other team showed up they were like... 'I thought you might be him'... I said 'I get that a lot'... got a lot of laughs out of that.

Hardest course I played was Alcatraz, PGA West Palm Springs, it's where they started the skins games with Nichlaus, Trevino ect... an MF'er course. Played it 3 times, first round 101, second round 99, third round wanted to hit 90. I was pretty close coming into 17, Island green par 3, made famous when Trevino won a huge skin. I get up and hit a great shot about 7 feet from the hole. We were playing a 2 man team tournament, our own ball, best score of the two written down per hole. The other guys partner got drunk the night before so I was the partner of both guys it was decided by the group. My first partner hits his in the water, my second partner hits his in the water. My ball counts for both teams and I'm sitting good so not a huge deal. We go to the drop zone circle, about 60yd shot... first guy hits it in the water,,, second guy hits it in the water... some snickering... next guy hits it in the water... laughing... next guy hits it in the water... horse laughing... I'm trying to keep calm as I have a birdie put on the famous 17 of Alcatraz... they finally get on lying like 8 or 9, still laughing, I'm like you F'ers quit it you're making me laugh while putting... I missed and made an easy par which was great anyway... shot a 91, the best 91 of my life.

Kent

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by krp
Golf isn't about golf, it's about betting, all kinds of bets/games can be had and usually have 2 or more different ones at the same time, even the pros have bets going on between themselves per round and tally up after. With presses and such the last hole/holes are really where it's at, no matter how good you started if you finish bad you will be slammed. Lots of team games/bets, team tournaments, calcuttas, best ball...

Anyway I used to golf, was a solid 10 handicap which put me as a low C or high B player depending on the tournament. Most I won was 1200.00 per man on a calcutta. Lowest I shot was a 69 individually, usually in the mid 70s. Most public and private neighborhood courses are called short courses, even from the tips they are much shorter and easier slope/hazards than a PGA tour course, your handicap represents what you should shoot at a regular long harder course. Not often does a regular golfer play a long course, most 70 to 72 par courses are 6000 to 7000 yards. As a +10, I should have shot in the mid 70s consistent and I did, my buddies that were scratch to +4 would shoot well below par and if shot par would have had a terrible day.

Broke my leg on an elk hunt in '09 and couldn't golf for over a year, then couldn't really get myself back into it, it takes a lot of practice, playing and commitment to stay competitive.

I miss the guys and the fun and the jokes and the jibes, they still ask me to come play and I tried but can't compete, we play mostly team bets and whoever picked me got the short end of the stick, I know they don't care that much but I compare what player I used to be over who I am now and just don't play anymore.

I did go out this last summer and play 3 rounds of solo golf to see where I was at, kept my drives short to stay in play, shot 2 mid 80s and a 79, which puts me about a +18. Negative was I had only 4 birdies in 3 rounds, though playing short on a short course means few doubles and triples from going long and hitting out of bounds a couple times. Scoring a birdie, 5 pars and the rest bogies maybe 1 double won't play in team play. You need to be able to dominate a number of holes, toss out a few that you went for it but failed and hold the line on about half with a par. Boom or bust, mediocre/bogie doesn't hack it.

I played with a lot of really good golfers, club pros, regional pro tournament players, sometimes they would even qualify for a PGA open, have lots of stories, again I was a C player which means in team play I was 3rd, expected to pick up some holes, make some putts and hit some shots in to help the team...

Anyway , lots of stories but a favorite one is one of the guys that played with us was a famous olympic gold metal winner, he was about the same handicap as me. He couldn't make a local charity tournament and asked if I would take his place. I did but we didn't change the name, it was team play with 2 foursomes together on the same hole, when the other team showed up they were like... 'I thought you might be him'... I said 'I get that a lot'... got a lot of laughs out of that.

Hardest course I played was Alcatraz, PGA West Palm Springs, it's where they started the skins games with Nichlaus, Trevino ect... an MF'er course. Played it 3 times, first round 101, second round 99, third round wanted to hit 90. I was pretty close coming into 17, Island green par 3, made famous when Trevino won a huge skin. I get up and hit a great shot about 7 feet from the hole. We were playing a 2 man team tournament, our own ball, best score of the two written down per hole. The other guys partner got drunk the night before so I was the partner of both guys it was decided by the group. My first partner hits his in the water, my second partner hits his in the water. My ball counts for both teams and I'm sitting good so not a huge deal. We go to the drop zone circle, about 60yd shot... first guy hits it in the water,,, second guy hits it in the water... some snickering... next guy hits it in the water... laughing... next guy hits it in the water... horse laughing... I'm trying to keep calm as I have a birdie put on the famous 17 of Alcatraz... they finally get on lying like 8 or 9, still laughing, I'm like you F'ers quit it you're making me laugh while putting... I missed and made an easy par which was great anyway... shot a 91, the best 91 of my life.

Kent

Kent,

That's some good reading buddy. Sounds like you're a helluva golfer.

I know what you mean about the courses too. When I have golfed legit courses I think to myself "Jesus Christ, this is tiring." LOL

I have read stories about Michael Jordan playing 18 and 36 holes the day of a playoff game and always thought that was impressive. But now that I've actually golfed some big'ish courses I realize that it's just flat fugking amazing. Those guys are at a whole other level.

I got my youngest daughter enrolled in "First Tee" at our local course yesterday. She seems to really enjoy it and I hope she sticks with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We did First Tee last year, well, summer 2019. Fuggin Karens and ‘Rona ruined it this past summer.

It was good. Bunch of 5 year olds running around with clubs. Lol. Will definitely back up.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
The girls love golf:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Right on! golf is great for kids to get outside, teaches self discipline and is fun.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I've been an outside guy my whole life, grew up surrounded by cotton, alfalfa, maze fields, citrus groves by the mile, canals and ditches, we had livestock, milk cows, horses, raised calves, rabbits. Had BB guns then 22s and shotguns. Our chores and play was outside.

What does that have to do with golf... golf is outside, the smell of grass, ponds, natures beauty, waterfowl... it just suits the eye to an outdoors person.

Then the personal challenge, it's the hardest thing to attempt, no one can master golf, I've seen Tiger Woods make a 10 on a par 3, the best can recover quickly from failure, the best are better than everyone else, they aren't better than golf itself. I suppose if someone played a round and birdied every hole, they could claim to have mastered it for a round... never happen.

There is nothing negative to being outside for an extended period and working on physical dexterity/self discipline/concentration. Only thing that comes close to it in the hunting/fishing world is archery and archery isn't as hard.

Get your kids and grandkids out there through some of the programs, support if they want to continue. You can't go fishing all the time or camping or hunting, but you can hit the links or the driving range for an hour or two any afternoon with the kids.

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Trav,

Ditch the cart (when the girls aren't with you) !

Really good for you to walk.

For bogey golf, a 3.5 mile course ='s over 4 miles of walking.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I was in college the first time I was taken to golf with some buddies, I barely could get the ball off the ground, it wasn't anything like I imagined, I thought how hard could it be to hit it straight down the grass and straight onto the green, putting would be the hard part... completely opposite. So I bought some clubs and would go to the municipal course in the afternoons as a single, 5 bucks to play 9 holes, in the summer it was 5 bucks all you could play, couldn't afford a cart. Unless no one was there you'd go out with other players if less than a foursome. Met some nice people and idiots.

A lot of construction guys play, from multi millionaire developers, contractors to guys like my buddy and I who swing a pick and shovel in the morning and a club in the afternoon. We had a large group and mix of guys that played Wednesday afternoons on a scramble, friday afternoons on skins, plus about every afternoon in the summer when the snowbirds are gone and the courses are wide open, different guys were looking for a game, and if you started by 3:30 you could get 27 or 36 holes in before dark. Most the club pros at our regular courses played with us at different times so they didn't care how many holes we played.

It's about the gambling and the hole to hole emotional ride, and yet it wasn't about the 20 or 30 bucks you might win or lose, everyone knows after some time it all equals out and no one's trying to make a house payment, it heightens the competition.

Lots of stories on last hole putts that swung the bets from losing big to winning big. But the best one...

My buddy and I were called to play by two other guys, a developer and his superintendent. The developer Ray is a scratch golfer that keeps his handicap at a +6 for local big money tourneys... we don't play in those but he did often, often winning thousands of dollars. He also like to screw with people on the course, talking while you putt on purpose and such, some guys won't play with him, they need their quiet. Doesn't bother my buddy and I. The other guy Bob is about an 8, so they have to give us some strokes, my buddy and I are a team, they are a team, low score vs low score, high vs high per hole. So a team could win 2 points or 1 point or tie both or lose 1 or lose 2, per hole... at the end of the round the points are counted and usually it's a dollar a point per man. No onw gets hurt but it's the competition. They had to give us 4 strokes, so the 4 hardest holes, on those holes if we make a par it's a birdie, bogie is a par, ect. They have to beat us by 1 to tie, 2 to win, on those 4 holes.

By the time we are to the 15th hole we are done with our stroke holes and doing well, have them behind on points... Par 5, shouldn't be that hard for any of us... but it's golf...

They get up and hit good drives. My buddy bombs it but out of bounds, I hit a chit drive and almost out. My buddy hits another and laying 3, those guys are licking their chops.

I'm first and hit it almost out pulling it across the fairway still 200 out, my buddy 3 woods it 10 yards short of the green laying 4, Bob hit's his on to within 12 feet for an eagle putt, Ray is just off the green laying 2.

I hit a chit shot 50 yds short of the green laying 3, I'm up again and get on the top tier the green, the hole is in the front, 60 feet and a huge drop in the middle, Laying 4. Ray chips on to about 6 feet laying 3... So I'm laying 4 with an impossible putt, my buddy is laying 4 just off the green in front, Bob is 2 with a decent eagle putt and Ray 3 with a decent birdie putt.

Now before my buddy chips I say... you know if Keith makes that chip and I make my putt, Bob 3 putts and you 2 putt, we tie... Oh ya right.

Keith chips it in... par

I'm laughing... I putt, it rides the break, over the drop, down to the hole and BOOM... in... par.

I'm laughing my ass off and they are shaking their heads.

Now Bob has to 2 putt at worst and Ray has to 1 putt for them to win 2 points. Ray 2 putts from 6 feet and they can only win 1.

Bob putts and knocks it by 5 feet, laying 3, no gimme... Ray misses his and taps in for par... one tie for us... Bob is sweating, if he misses we tie the second point and he 3 putted a 12 foot eagle try... he misses...

We are laughing so hard and they are so dejected, we dominate the last couple holes and they paid us 20 bucks each.

I still remind Ray about that sometimes and he still just shakes his head.

Kent

Last edited by krp; 01/14/21.
Page 72 of 116 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (1234, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,378
Posts18,488,532
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.