Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Not really a hunting group, but I had permission to small game hunt on a tree nursery within walking distance of my home. Wonderful quail habitat. Started my hunting "career" there, tagging along with my dad in the 1960's. The family was (still are) good friends - vol. fire co., church, etc. After the patriarch of the family passed in 1997, his daughter told me, with apologies, that only the family would be hunting that farm from then on. Their land, their choice. I'm grateful for the memories that were made there.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by hanco
A place I leased for 25 years was sold. I had to get my cshit and get gone.

That happens a lot, Hanco.

Last year the Mississippi dwf wasn’t seeing any big buck reports and went to investigating as to why.

Upon visiting taxidermist shops they found bodacious bucks being mounted.

They then found that the hunters were keeping their mouths shut so that their leases wouldn’t be scooped away by folks offering much more money.

I belong to a group that forbids posting any harvest publicly. One guy took a very old 12 point with a double main beam and sent it to the local paper and put it on FB.

Zapped and adios .

Our wardens visit taxi shops on surprise inspections, kill tags and logged checkin no.s have to attached to the skull plate while in the shop.
Unless you got a speak easy taxidermist, but that is far fetched.

Maybe your laws or warden discretion is different?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by slumlord

Last year the Mississippi dwf wasn’t seeing any big buck reports and went to investigating as to why.

They then found that the hunters were keeping their mouths shut so that their leases wouldn’t be scooped away by folks offering much more money.

I belong to a group that forbids posting any harvest publicly. One guy took a very old 12 point with a double main beam and sent it to the local paper and put it on FB.

Zapped and adios .

Our wardens visit taxi shops on surprise inspections, kill tags and logged checkin no.s have to attached to the skull plate while in the shop.

What are you asking, Slum?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
True story........had a supposed lifetime permission to coyote hunt on some very good property. Landowners son comes by one day and asks me not to go there anymore, as his daddy had gotten all messed up on his medicine and is going out at all hours of the night and day looking for trespassers. Found out later via third party the real reason they didn't want me there............somebody had been driving a 4wd to the back of the property, and made a bunch of ruts, and they thought it was me. I always rode an ATV or UTV when I went hunting there, so it wasn't me. What I never told anyone, and still haven't, was that it was one of the landowners granddaughters and her boyfriend going back there to screw.........and I know that for a fact.

You sneaky old fart

#bluepills
#aintdoneyet

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Death and old age has reduced my group down to me. A sad sack, I know.

I'd hunt with ya Phil.

Just imagine how fat we'd get !!!

Amen to that Brother Paul amen to that.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I used to hunt with a group of drunks. They kicked me out for drinking. So a few years later I quit drinking and joined a club with no alcohol allowed. It folded this past year due to lack of members. Now I hunt with a small landowner who could care less what I do or kill. It's awesome.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have never been a member of a hunting club, just a couple groups of family members and never been given the boot. I have given some hunters the boot.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
I used to hunt with a group of drunks. They kicked me out for drinking. So a few years later I quit drinking and joined a club with no alcohol allowed. It folded this past year due to lack of members. Now I hunt with a small landowner who could care less what I do or kill. It's awesome.

I like to fellowship. Cook. Drink. Hunt.

It’s not serious to me as some make it out to be.

Fuggin trophy hunters.....

I’ve hunter with some folks, paid their money. The helped plant , work, etc. they hardly even hunted.

Happy as can be keeping the fire going and cooking.

First one to meet you at the skinning shed to help.

They may not fired a shot, but ended up with a freezer full.

Everyone is looking for something different.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

I'd hunt with ya Phil.

Just imagine how fat we'd get !!!

Amen to that Brother Paul amen to that.

laugh

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My dad and I used to hunt a farm that my cousin owns. It was kind of funny, because after they bought it, my dad asked about hunting it, right away my cousin's wife said yes. We hunted it about 3 years until my dad died. In college, I hunted it a little off and on with no issues. After I joined the AF and got married, the wife and I came home for Thanksgiving one year and my cousin's wife told me to come deer hunting so I did. I killed a nice little 8 pointer one morning, and that was the last time I was allowed to hunt there. I wasn't told then, it was a year later after we got stationed back in AR, and I asked my cousin if I could hunt it. He said his daughter's husband (his daughter is my age) and his family were hunting it now and I no longer could. I understood, and it's his property. To be honest, I always got the feeling he never wanted my dad nor I to hunt there, but his wife kept telling us to come on and hunt it. After finding out I could no longer hunt there, I got access to 2 new properties and then eventually a 3rd one while we lived back in AR. All in all, I had a lot better deer hunting experiences then I ever did at my cousin's farm. Other than memories of hunting with my dad there, that's it. We never saw a legal deer when my dad was alive. I think if we had and one of us would have shot one, we wouldn't have been allowed back a lot earlier.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Zapped and adios .

What are you asking, Slum?

Maybe I read it and inferred that deer we not being officially tagged in and your local taxidermist was “in on the misdoings”

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hudge
My dad and I used to hunt a farm that my cousin owns. It was kind of funny, because after they bought it, my dad asked about hunting it, right away my cousin's wife said yes. We hunted it about 3 years until my dad died. In college, I hunted it a little off and on with no issues. After I joined the AF and got married, the wife and I came home for Thanksgiving one year and my cousin's wife told me to come deer hunting so I did. I killed a nice little 8 pointer one morning, and that was the last time I was allowed to hunt there. I wasn't told then, it was a year later after we got stationed back in AR, and I asked my cousin if I could hunt it. He said his daughter's husband (his daughter is my age) and his family were hunting it now and I no longer could. I understood, and it's his property. To be honest, I always got the feeling he never wanted my dad nor I to hunt there, but his wife kept telling us to come on and hunt it. After finding out I could no longer hunt there, I got access to 2 new properties and then eventually a 3rd one while we lived back in AR. All in all, I had a lot better deer hunting experiences then I ever did at my cousin's farm. Other than memories of hunting with my dad there, that's it. We never saw a legal deer when my dad was alive. I think if we had and one of us would have shot one, we wouldn't have been allowed back a lot earlier.

Surprises your cousin hasn’t asked you to take him hunting up here..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
These guys haven't kicked me out yet. Came close once as I "assisted" a hunter new to the area once and it seems I may have pissed them off a bit.

But, it's hard to be kicked out of a "club" that hunts public lands.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Heck, they even use their high dollar glass to find elk for me to chase.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Since we are the landowners, we have no danger of being kicked out. Better that way.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’m not a landowner, but I am one hell of a charming son-in-law.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m not a landowner, but I am one hell of a charming son-in-law.

Married up, eh?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Well, here's an idea. Maybe we need to put in for the same unit some year and see what happens?

What do we do when we're kicked out of the club.......................... we can form our own club.

In it is contentment

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Well, here's an idea. Maybe we need to put in for the same unit some year and see what happens?

What do we do when we're kicked out of the club.......................... we can form our own club.

👍👍👍

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Valsdad

👍👍👍

Are you saying you want to be the leader of the TN chapter? grin

We can keep it on the down low so Khan wife doesn't find out. shocked

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Yes , my brother’s!! Don’t ask!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

318 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 260Remguy, 29aholic, 30Gibbs, 32 invisible), 2,243 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,754
Posts18,476,343
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.