Last edited by G8ters; 02/06/21.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Had an Alpine Hunter. Sold it. In comparing it to a side-by-side with McM Game Hunter and the Mesa Attitude, the 'squarish' bottom of the forend is what turned me off.

Just goes to show, everyone is different. The forearm profile is one of my favorite things about the Alpine. I find the Game Hunter is too rounded, making it harder to mount picatinny and Arca rails to..and it just doesn't ride a bag or pack as well.

This ^^^^^

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by G8ters
New chalk branch on weatherby markv 300wm

5weeks wait.

Only took yours 5 weeks? What lead time did they tell you? I’m 2.5 weeks in on what they told me would be 10 weeks.

D
dale06 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I ordered an Alpine Hunter couple weeks ago and was told 10 weeks.

NRA Patron
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by ChrisAU

5weeks wait.

Only took yours 5 weeks? What lead time did they tell you? I’m 2.5 weeks in on what they told me would be 10 weeks.

I ordered 12/30/20. Received 2/4. They had to inlet the chalk branch to weatherby markv action. When I ordered they were looking to see if there was one already inletted. They called me back and said they would need to I let so it may take 6 weeks. It was a great ordering process. Very nice people.

It should be fast for you since you’re almost down the road.

Last edited by G8ters; 02/15/21.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ChrisAU

5weeks wait.

I ordered 12/30/20. Received 2/4. They had to inlet the chalk branch to weatherby markv action. When I ordered they were looking to see if there was one already inletted. They called me back and said they would need to I let so it may take 6 weeks. It was a great ordering process. Very nice people.

It should be fast for you since you’re almost down the road.

Good to know! Karl Kampfeld will have my barreled action a couple more weeks so I’m in no rush, thanks!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
privateer showed up at week 9. now for the trigger, action and barrel.....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

M
M
Hello,
A customer told me about seeing this post and the overweight Privateer. That stock definitely is overweight, we made a mistake somewhere for sure. We are more than happy to replace that under warranty. Also, I saw you had a few other issues with bottom metal fitment and delamination. Can we contact you to talk about fixing these issues? Let me know the best way to contact you. Thanks

Matt

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
well know that is stepping up ....if this is your typical customer service you guys will do great in a market with some other ho hum manufacturers

M
M
Hello,

The shelf near the rear pillar is machined intentionally. Our M5 inlet is designed to accommodate several different M5 bottom metal types from multiple manufacturers. If that shelf is not present some of these bottom metal types will rock in the inlet thereby not seating properly. The inlet is machined to establish the correct heights for the front and rear pillars. AGC does not recommend altering the heights of either pillar as it may cause issues with locking a magazine into the bottom metal.

IC B3

M
M
We try to respond quickly and get every stock made as ordered. I would like for us to be operating at 100% all the time but we do make mistakes. If we do mess up we want to make it right as fast as we can.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by MerrillMtn
Hello,
A customer told me about seeing this post and the overweight Privateer. That stock definitely is overweight, we made a mistake somewhere for sure. We are more than happy to replace that under warranty. Also, I saw you had a few other issues with bottom metal fitment and delamination. Can we contact you to talk about fixing these issues? Let me know the best way to contact you. Thanks

Matt

Nice.

A manufacturer hears about a problem second hand, then searches for the person who had that problem, and makes an offer to fix it.........that's hard to beat that for customer service.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We try to respond quickly and get every stock made as ordered. I would like for us to be operating at 100% all the time but we do make mistakes. If we do mess up we want to make it right as fast as we can.

You can't ask for more than that.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

👍
That’s a great approach and attitude. Kudos.

Last edited by AKwolverine; 03/10/21.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yep!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hello,

The shelf near the rear pillar is machined intentionally. Our M5 inlet is designed to accommodate several different M5 bottom metal types from multiple manufacturers. If that shelf is not present some of these bottom metal types will rock in the inlet thereby not seating properly. The inlet is machined to establish the correct heights for the front and rear pillars. AGC does not recommend altering the heights of either pillar as it may cause issues with locking a magazine into the bottom metal.

Thank you for that response. The last of three stocks I received had the bottom metal inlet wrong (drop floorplate instead of M5 DBM). Mistakes happen and I wasn't in a hurry. I had a return tag within minutes of speaking to Pam. Someone called me when AG received it to verify what inlet I needed, and the stock was fixed with the correct inlet and back to me in about 2 weeks. So kudos to you guys. Very much appreciated.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I know where my next stock will be coming from and it doesn't start with an M

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
I know where my next stock will be coming from and it doesn't start with an M

The AG stock I’ve got came from Alamo Precision. If it’s good enough for their builds, then I’m good to go.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

D
dale06 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have a number of “M” stocks, but their wait time and total cost pushed me to other vendors. I’ve bought three non M stocks of recent.
The M stocks are great, but they’ve pushed some customers away.

NRA Patron
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Will they do model 70 or tikka action inlets? I don’t see this option on their page? If they won’t do these won’t get any of my business. Stocks look great!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 3,005 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,479
Posts18,471,757
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.