Print Thread
Hop To
Page 74 of 116 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 115 116
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by krp
Drivers are like cell phones and computers, the state of the art one 6 months ago is out dated and no good, worth 50 bucks... here's the new 500 dollar one...

Don't fall for it.

Kent

The guy that was getting an immeasurable amount of blow jobs ended up with a $600 Driver.

My brain quickly did the math.

And I'm bad at math.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Same guys that buy a new Matthews bow every year, new Razr, new toy hauler every couple, have to have the latest driver.

My matthews bow and driver are both about 2005 models, no way I can kill an elk or hit a fairway now...

Kent

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by krp
Same guys that buy a new Matthews bow every year, new Razr, new toy hauler every couple, have to have the latest driver.

My matthews bow and driver are both about 2005 models, no way I can kill an elk or hit a fairway now...

Kent

LOL

It was pretty pathetic.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by krp
Well, nobody lives on a golf course, it's private property, your property line may abut it.

Kent

Fine by me.

I think I would be in a single wide someplace near other single wide's if I wasn't here.

Or someplace equally crappy.

Ha, was just quoting a golf course manager who was taking chit from someone who told him... well I live on the 18th hole, like it gave them special privilege... he said nope, you don't live on the golf course it's private property... laughed my ass off.

Kent

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Why hasn't anyone posted pictures of Paige Spirinac??? She is a golfing goddess. Just looking at her makes my putter stand up.

IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by krp

Ha, was just quoting a golf course manager who was taking chit from someone who told him... well I live on the 18th hole, like it gave them special privilege... he said nope, you don't live on the golf course it's private property... laughed my ass off.

Kent

I brutalized one the other day and I was pretty sure which yard it was in.

As I approached I counted no less than 8 balls in that poor bastard's back yard.

That has got to get old pretty quick.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Screens, they need yard screens.

Best is when a nongolfer owns the house, you slam their roof and they come out... can't you control your ball... hell no I can't, if I could I'd be on the tour playing great course not this chitty one.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
That golf "fitting" ended up being quite the goat fugk.

I show up at my time and there are two Boomers hitting. Cobra had two bays reserved and they were both occupied. The manager of the driving range (ass hole to the extreme) is part of the sales pitch and offering free buckets of balls with each purchase.

There's a significant "we all know each other vibe" in the air and one of the two Boomer's must have a sore dick because holy cow is the Cobra rep sucking it for everything it's worth.

Poor bastard #1 slowly walks away and they ask my name. I affirm I have the 4:30 slot and the Cobra rep starts asking questions.

"What are you looking for today"

"I'd like to get fitted for irons."

"How long have you been golfing."

"Since July or August."

"AUGUST???"

"Yeah."

"Are these your clubs."

"Yeah."

"These are really good clubs."

"I think so."

(pulls six iron from bag)

"Did you have these re-gripped?"

"I re-gripped them but yes."

"I thought you were new to golf."

"I watched a YouTube video."

"OK, well hit 10 straight with your six iron and we'll take it from there. Not your Nine or Wedge, because everybody can hit those straight."

"Got it."

(10 hits straight as a fugking arrow down the imaginary fairway) I'm feeling exceptionally arrogant and as I turn around the guy tells me that anybody that can hit irons that straight doesn't need new irons.

He quickly diverts to a Driver sales pitch.

It went south from there.

Ya know buddy, you are a natural with a handgun, rifle, shotgun and now golf..... wtf, I think I am beginning to hate you..... sonofabitch I struggle like hell to be mediocre at everything.... so GFY... smile
Oh and I used to golf.... no more

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Let me know if you want a Cobra driver from a few years ago. It's adjustable. Regular flex shaft.

FWIW, your description was of a typical vendor showcase, not a fitting.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by krp
Screens, they need yard screens.

Best is when a nongolfer owns the house, you slam their roof and they come out... can't you control your ball... hell no I can't, if I could I'd be on the tour playing great course not this chitty one.

Kent

I have not had that happen yet but my buddy lives on a course that is "private." It's amazingly well maintained and managed. I think it's one of those courses that only exists because of retired yankees moving down here and building an inexpensive subdivision.

The posts on social media are flat fugkin' hilarious. "This orange ball came through my window? Who do I contact? If I find the person can I sue them?"

Uhhh, don't buy a town home on a golf course, you fugkin' retard.

IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by goalie
Let me know if you want a Cobra driver from a few years ago. It's adjustable. Regular flex shaft.

When you say it's adjustable, does that mean you can change the face of the club?

Agreed on the showcase and not a fitting.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by irfubar

Ya know buddy, you are a natural with a handgun, rifle, shotgun and now golf..... wtf, I think I am beginning to hate you..... sonofabitch I struggle like hell to be mediocre at everything.... so GFY... smile
Oh and I used to golf.... no more

I have a knack for dedicating my time to the unimportant.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

When you say it's adjustable, does that mean you can change the face of the club?

Yes, it has a torque wrench that allows loft changes, as well as neutral/draw settings.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

Yes, it has a torque wrench that allows loft changes, as well as neutral/draw settings.

I can't hit a Driver for schit so I don't know that any of that would do any good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, it could. New tech drivers don't suck. Slice? No problem. Change the settings. Hitting it low? Same thing

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by tikkanut

why wait for a new page ?

caught Conrad lookin at her

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

You dumbasses forgot.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Yes, it could. New tech drivers don't suck. Slice? No problem. Change the settings. Hitting it low? Same thing

I just feel like my problem is with an inconsistent swing.

And I basically lean back when I hit in order to give it loft. Which makes it go up and straight, but it only lands around the 220 or 230 mark.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And I basically lean back when I hit in order to give it loft. Which makes it go up and straight, but it only lands around the 220 or 230 mark.

So you'd crank down the loft and be hitting, oh, thirty yards shy of Elky.....

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

I brutalized one the other day and I was pretty sure which yard it was in.

As I approached I counted no less than 8 balls in that poor bastard's back yard.

That has got to get old pretty quick.

I was confronted by a guy who lives by a hole at a course in Bozeman. Bounced one off his roof with my tee shot and he came out in a robe yelling at me because his grandkid had gotten hit by a wayward ball a few weeks earlier.

It was this hole, number 7 at Bridger Creek, his house was right to the right of the tee on 6, left of the green on 7:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

His house is the one with the red spot on it:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

The card calls it 409 from the tips and 392 from the blues, don’t remember which we were playing from that day. It’s a dogleg, so it’s a little overstated since they measure through the fairway and I took the pro line.

Anyways, this day my parents were in town visiting and the old man plays so we all went out. Two carts full of us - my parents, my wife, and two kids - just to set the scene - this guy’s like 75 and he comes outside and is PISSED.

He’s yelling at me telling me how bad of a golfer I was if I hit his house with my second shot because of how far left of the green it was. I told him that was my tee shot and I was going for the green. He says I’m not that good and shouldn’t be trying shots like that. Luckily my ball had bounced off his roof and back out in bounds on the back tee of six.

It was all I could do to keep from walking over there and getting after this dude, but I could tell my Mom was getting upset with the situation because she thought she was about to witness her son kick the schitt out of a mouthy old man.

This dude is non-stop talking schitt to me and my old man says, “Just play your shot and let’s go. Your kids don’t need to see this.”

I drained it for eagle from the tee of 6.

Last edited by Ducksanddogs; 01/14/21.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

So you'd crank down the loft and be hitting, oh, thirty yards shy of Elky.....

Something like that.

LOL

Page 74 of 116 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1234, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,731
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.