D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by goalie
Yes, it could. New tech drivers don't suck. Slice? No problem. Change the settings. Hitting it low? Same thing

I just feel like my problem is with an inconsistent swing.

And I basically lean back when I hit in order to give it loft. Which makes it go up and straight, but it only lands around the 220 or 230 mark.

So you'd crank down the loft and be hitting, oh, thirty yards shy of Elky.....

Something like that.

LOL

Look up a reverse pivot.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
don't forget to pronate

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
Originally Posted by krp

Ha, was just quoting a golf course manager who was taking chit from someone who told him... well I live on the 18th hole, like it gave them special privilege... he said nope, you don't live on the golf course it's private property... laughed my ass off.

Kent

I brutalized one the other day and I was pretty sure which yard it was in.

As I approached I counted no less than 8 balls in that poor bastard's back yard.

That has got to get old pretty quick.

I was confronted by a guy who lives by a hole at a course in Bozeman. Bounced one off his roof with my tee shot and he came out in a robe yelling at me because his grandkid had gotten hit by a wayward ball a few weeks earlier.

It was this hole, number 7 at Bridger Creek, his house was right to the right of the tee on 6, left of the green on 7:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

His house is the one with the red spot on it:

The card calls it 409 from the tips and 392 from the blues, don’t remember which we were playing from that day. It’s a dogleg, so it’s a little overstated since they measure through the fairway and I took the pro line.

Anyways, this day my parents were in town visiting and the old man plays so we all went out. Two carts full of us - my parents, my wife, and two kids - just to set the scene - this guy’s like 75 and he comes outside and is PISSED.

He’s yelling at me telling me how bad of a golfer I was if I hit his house with my second shot because of how far left of the green it was. I told him that was my tee shot and I was going for the green. He says I’m not that good and shouldn’t be trying shots like that. Luckily my ball had bounced off his roof and back out in bounds on the back tee of six.

It was all I could do to keep from walking over there and getting after this dude, but I could tell my Mom was getting upset with the situation because she thought she was about to witness her son kick the schitt out of a mouthy old man.

This dude is non-stop talking schitt to me and my old man says, “Just play your shot and let’s go. Your kids don’t need to see this.”

I drained it for eagle from the tee of 6.

I bet he don't even golf.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by krp

Ha, was just quoting a golf course manager who was taking chit from someone who told him... well I live on the 18th hole, like it gave them special privilege... he said nope, you don't live on the golf course it's private property... laughed my ass off.

Kent

I brutalized one the other day and I was pretty sure which yard it was in.

As I approached I counted no less than 8 balls in that poor bastard's back yard.

That has got to get old pretty quick.

I was confronted by a guy who lives by a hole at a course in Bozeman. Bounced one off his roof with my tee shot and he came out in a robe yelling at me because his grandkid had gotten hit by a wayward ball a few weeks earlier.

It was this hole, number 7 at Bridger Creek, his house was right to the right of the tee on 6, left of the green on 7:

His house is the one with the red spot on it:

The card calls it 409 from the tips and 392 from the blues, don’t remember which we were playing from that day. It’s a dogleg, so it’s a little overstated since they measure through the fairway and I took the pro line.

Anyways, this day my parents were in town visiting and the old man plays so we all went out. Two carts full of us - my parents, my wife, and two kids - just to set the scene - this guy’s like 75 and he comes outside and is PISSED.

He’s yelling at me telling me how bad of a golfer I was if I hit his house with my second shot because of how far left of the green it was. I told him that was my tee shot and I was going for the green. He says I’m not that good and shouldn’t be trying shots like that. Luckily my ball had bounced off his roof and back out in bounds on the back tee of six.

It was all I could do to keep from walking over there and getting after this dude, but I could tell my Mom was getting upset with the situation because she thought she was about to witness her son kick the schitt out of a mouthy old man.

This dude is non-stop talking schitt to me and my old man says, “Just play your shot and let’s go. Your kids don’t need to see this.”

I drained it for eagle from the tee of 6.

I bet he don't even golf.

If you live on a golf course, don’t bitch about golf balls hitting your house.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
A driver at most is 14 shots, if you 2 putt every green that's 36. Don't concentrate on the drive to start with, it won't save you shots and lose you shots. You really could score better leaving it in the bag but we all want to bomb the driver.

It's been said a million times but if you can chip on and 2 putt from 40 yards in you will lower your scores immediately.

You can hit a 3 iron and 9 to 6 iron on about every par 4 out to 360. Good bet is hit whatever gets you to 150 out and it could sneak longer.

Like playing a par 3 every hole after the drive or 2 hits on a par 5.

Say you hit 6 greens in regulation and 40 yards in on the other 12... if you can 2 putt or have 36 putts for the round, you will shoot 84, if you can pull off a couple 1 putts... 82. You can do that without a driver on most public courses. You will sneak a birdie now and then, may screw up a double now and then, but mostly bogies and pars keeping it in play.

Start using the driver on safer holes later to be come more rounded.

Or be like me and go for it every shot, could be an eagle or X which means a triple or more and you are told to go sit in the cart.

Kent

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Scared money don’t make money.

You’ll never learn to hit it by leaving it in the bag.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by krp
A driver at most is 14 shots, if you 2 putt every green that's 36. Don't concentrate on the drive to start with, it won't save you shots and lose you shots. You really could score better leaving it in the bag but we all want to bomb the driver.

It's been said a million times but if you can chip on and 2 putt from 40 yards in you will lower your scores immediately.

You can hit a 3 iron and 9 to 6 iron on about every par 4 out to 360. Good bet is hit whatever gets you to 150 out and it could sneak longer.

Like playing a par 3 every hole after the drive or 2 hits on a par 5.

Say you hit 6 greens in regulation and 40 yards in on the other 12... if you can 2 putt or have 36 putts for the round, you will shoot 84, if you can pull off a couple 1 putts... 82. You can do that without a driver on most public courses. You will sneak a birdie now and then, may screw up a double now and then, but mostly bogies and pars keeping it in play.

Start using the driver on safer holes later to be come more rounded.

Or be like me and go for it every shot, could be an eagle or X which means a triple or more and you are told to go sit in the cart.

Kent

Kent,

If I keep track of my shot distances the score card clearly states that I can't putt for schit. LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

Makes sense.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

True but he's not at the betting stage of his game.

Kent

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Makes sense.

Kent’s dead on with what he’s saying. But by that logic you’re pretty well stuck around the low 80’s. Get that hammer rolling and the sky’s the limit.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by krp

True but he's not at the betting stage of his game.

Kent

All the more reason to treat each round like a playing lesson.

I definitely get what you’re saying, and you’re absolutely right. I just figure why bother bringing it if you’re gonna leave it in the bag. Might as well learn how to hit that club while you’re learning to hit the rest of them...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Life is a LOT better when you can get off the tee box 250+ and in play.

Penalties kill your score.

All the strokes matter. But, other than once in Hawaii, I've never taken a penalty for hitting OB on the green.....

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

Kent’s dead on with what he’s saying. But by that logic you’re pretty well stuck around the low 80’s. Get that hammer rolling and the sky’s the limit.

I don't know that I agree with that but I'm not good enough at golf to question.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by tikkanut

why wait for a new page ?

caught Conrad lookin at her

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Jeebuz!

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Life is a LOT better when you can get off the tee box 250+ and in play.

Penalties kill your score.

All the strokes matter. But, other than once in Hawaii, I've never taken a penalty for hitting OB on the green.....

I'd agree with that on big courses but it seems like a lot of these weekday/easy courses negate the need for that.

And that seems to be where most guy's play.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

I don't know that I agree with that but I'm not good enough at golf to question.

Just saying I don’t think you’ll get much lower without ever using a driver. You’d basically have to be dead on with every single shot to get in the 70’s using nothing but irons. Not saying it’s impossible, just that adding distance to the mix will help.

And while it’s certainly true that a 6” putt is the same amount of strokes as a 300 yard drive, a 300 yard drive is worth half the strokes of two 150 yard iron shots. Control is key because you’re a lot more likely to get some penalty strokes with the hammer than you are with an eight iron, too.

It all comes down to balance and risk/reward. The only thing golfer A and golfer B will agree on is that golfer C is doing it wrong.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

Just saying I don’t think you’ll get much lower without ever using a driver. You’d basically have to be dead on with every single shot to get in the 70’s using nothing but irons. Not saying it’s impossible, just that adding distance to the mix will help.

And while it’s certainly true that a 6” putt is the same amount of strokes as a 300 yard drive, a 300 yard drive is worth half the strokes of two 150 yard iron shots. Control is key because you’re a lot more likely to get some penalty strokes with the hammer than you are with an eight iron, too.

It all comes down to balance and risk/reward. The only thing golfer A and golfer B will agree on is that golfer C is doing it wrong.

My daughter's school is having a tournament this spring and I just want to make some men feel bad about themselves.

LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

My daughter's school is having a tournament this spring and I just want to make some men feel bad about themselves.

LOL

Recruit Elky and the long-drive contest is a lock.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

LOL

Recruit Elky and the long-drive contest is a lock.

Definitely, round out the squad with duck and the double ace and you guys will probably set a (insert school name here) tournament record.

Actually I think I’d enjoy witnessing 18 holes played by that foursome.

Last edited by Ducksanddogs; 01/14/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Elky, the Duck-O-Death, the double ace, and Flave.

I'd buy the pay-per-view

Page 75 of 116 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,395
Posts18,488,841
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.