Hop To
Page 76 of 116 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 115 116
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
LMAO

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by goalie
Elky, the Duck-O-Death, the double ace, and Flave.

I'd buy the pay-per-view

I’d go watch in person. You know...so I could salute.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I hit up Total Wine for a handle of Weller and brought home a 10 pack of Fireball littles my wife loads into her bag.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
If you are playing a 400 yard par 4 you need the driver, but most par 4s on regular courses are 330 to 370, that's from the tips. A stinger 3 or rescue club off the tee can get you 110 to 150 out and usually keep you behind the fairway traps they put at about 250. If it's longer use a driver as long as you can keep it in play.

Work the irons a few months then work the driver in slowly.

You will have 'about' 36 putts and 12 chips per round vs 14 drives on a regulation course. Starting out with practice putting, chipping, all the irons, fairway wood and a driver, it's too much.

Putting first, chipping second, approach irons and then woods last... that's the progression to be a decent golfer fast.

Best to take a club and put a full swing on it. Trying to bunt or decelerate a driver often turns disastrous, it's bad swing memory for the next shot and creates holes you can't seem to get to the end of.

Now once you get experience the driver will work it's way in, it'll be balls to the walls, combat golf, do or die every shot.

Kent

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by tikkanut

why wait for a new page ?

caught Conrad lookin at her

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

New page.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
This F'n thread is gonna make me start playing again.

Fore, mf'ers

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Talking about drinking, I knew some guys that could put it away on the course. A really good friend of mine coulda woulda shoulda been on tour he was that good, had every shot, hit long, touch, chip and putt... but drank it away. He played best fairly looped but would always go to far, couldn't play and not drink. He had the course record on some of the local ones. One round he shot -1 on the front, was feeling buzzed by the back and shot -7, it was an F'n clinic, drunk as a skunk.

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like shootin' pool,

gotta be tuned up a bit first.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

There's "good" at golf and "PGA good". I've played with 2 people who took at run at PGA level, both were by far better than any others I've seen hit a golf ball:

- One was a friend in a league, he bogeyed #1,and shot -6 for the 9, so he went -7 for the last 8 holes and made it look easy. He went on the lower tour twice and went bankrupt both times, couldn't hold his own there.

- One was a guy we randomly got paired with. He went to Q school, shot -1 after 2 days (on PGA level course) and was in like 50th place.

Keep in mind, they both did that while NOT playing much, so not at their potential best.

PGA good is a different world.

IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
The reason you shoot better on the back nine when drinking is, you're too plastered to hold your head up, thus keeping your head "down" becomes much easier, and allows you to strike the ball better and shoot lower scores.

And everyone always says it's because it takes the front nine to get drunk warmed up.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by krp
If you are playing a 400 yard par 4 you need the driver, but most par 4s on regular courses are 330 to 370, that's from the tips. A stinger 3 or rescue club off the tee can get you 110 to 150 out and usually keep you behind the fairway traps they put at about 250. If it's longer use a driver as long as you can keep it in play.

Work the irons a few months then work the driver in slowly.

You will have 'about' 36 putts and 12 chips per round vs 14 drives on a regulation course. Starting out with practice putting, chipping, all the irons, fairway wood and a driver, it's too much.

Putting first, chipping second, approach irons and then woods last... that's the progression to be a decent golfer fast.

Best to take a club and put a full swing on it. Trying to bunt or decelerate a driver often turns disastrous, it's bad swing memory for the next shot and creates holes you can't seem to get to the end of.

Now once you get experience the driver will work it's way in, it'll be balls to the walls, combat golf, do or die every shot.

Kent

A good player makes pars with the tee shot, birdies with the second shot and putter.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
The reason you shoot better on the back nine when drinking is, you're too plastered to hold your head up, thus keeping your head "down" becomes much easier, and allows you to strike the ball better and shoot lower scores.

And everyone always says it's because it takes the front nine to get drunk warmed up.

Except cognitive impairment negates your argument, fool !

Nobody gets better, the drunker/more buzzed they get, they just think they do, because they can't count correctly any more.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Nobody gets better, the drunker/more buzzed they get, they just think they do, because they can't count correctly any more.

Is that why dave shot 17+ on the front, and 7+ on the back, because he couldn't count, you fool?

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, probably, cock breath !

We've all, already established you add nothing but $hit n lies to this subject, so [bleep] !

Swing harder, you'll hit it further ! BWAHAHAHAHA

Paul.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

We've all, already established you add nothing but $hit n lies to this subject, so [bleep] !

The only people who have "established [cough]" I add nothing are the mentally deranged closet commies here, like you, fool, being all you have is your gaslighting, and name calling to project your imaginary baddazz image you work so hard to establish on the net, while you feed your narcissism.

You have zero hard evidence to prove your position, and are nothing more than good laughing entertainment.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 01/15/21.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Lemme she, shix on thish hole, plus fiddy one on the firsht nine equalsh, lemme figgerit, uh, fortysheven, right?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The only people who have "established [cough]" I add nothing are the mentally deranged closet commies here, like you, fool, being all you have is your gaslighting, and name calling to project your imaginary baddazz image you work so hard to establish on the net, while you feed your narcissism.

You have zero hard evidence to prove your position, are are nothing more than good laughing entertainment.

My niece is still in more 24HC dead critter pics than you.

GFY

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cum gargler,

Seeing how you won't post any camping, shooting, hunting & even fishing photographic evidence of your achievements, due to them being "imaginary" interests, I guessing you, again, can't prove you standing here, other than your imaginary pseudo bull$hit stories.

Unlike me, who actually does it all, posts it all & is actually aware of where my limitations lie.

For example: I know nothing about hand guns, so I don't pretend too. Never posted jack diddly $hit about them.

You should consider that, & basically stop posting about anything, 'cause all your "stories" have holes & you keep getting caught out via your ego !

Paul.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by goalie

You have zero hard evidence to prove your position, are are nothing more than good laughing entertainment.

My niece is still in more 24HC dead critter pics than you.

GFY

You belong in a mental sanitarium...and you debate like the dumbazz closet democrat you are with your gaslighting, and zero hard evidence to support your mental fantasies you dream up.

"He is far from Stupid"

Page 76 of 116 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 115 116

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (35, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,506 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,312
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.