Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by slumlord
And I thought all the meryl streeps and erin brokoviches were going to pass up the opportunity 🤪

Ya know....that microchip going through a 22 ga needle and stuff. crazy

That crazy talk that the Q types share are of zero concern to me. What does concern me is the fact that my entire life time, we have all been told there is no cure or vac for cold type viruses. Now we came up with one in 3 months. Vaccines should be tested for what, like 10 years or something like that. We have half a year under the belt of this particular one. I'm more than fine with not getting one, continuing to be safe and wear a mask. Alot agree

I think I had heard recently that one of the big pharmas had actually mapped and came of with this vax back in January over the course of a weekend.

Back checkinfg here was the piece.

Can’t vouch for the source but..

——

You may be surprised to learn that of the trio of long-awaited coronavirus vaccines, the most promising, Moderna’s mRNA-1273, which reported a 94.5 percent efficacy rate on November 16, had been designed by January 13. This was just two days after the genetic sequence had been made public in an act of scientific and humanitarian generosity that resulted in China’s Yong-Zhen Zhang’s being temporarily forced out of his lab. In Massachusetts, the Moderna vaccine design took all of one weekend. It was completed before China had even acknowledged that the disease could be transmitted from human to human, more than a week before the first confirmed coronavirus case in the United States. By the time the first American death was announced a month later, the vaccine had already been manufactured and shipped to the National Institutes of Health for the beginning of its Phase I clinical trial. This is — as the country and the world are rightly celebrating — the fastest timeline of development in the history of vaccines. It also means that for the entire span of the pandemic in this country, which has already killed more than 250,000 Americans, we had the tools we needed to prevent it .

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/12/moderna-covid-19-vaccine-design.html

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunchamp
And I thought all the meryl streeps and erin brokoviches were going to pass up the opportunity 🤪

Ya know....that microchip going through a 22 ga needle and stuff. crazy

That crazy talk that the Q types share are of zero concern to me. What does concern me is the fact that my entire life time, we have all been told there is no cure or vac for cold type viruses. Now we came up with one in 3 months. Vaccines should be tested for what, like 10 years or something like that. We have half a year under the belt of this particular one. I'm more than fine with not getting one, continuing to be safe and wear a mask. Alot agree

I think I had heard recently that one of the big pharmas had actually mapped and came of with this vax back in January over the course of a weekend.

Back checkinfg here was the piece.

Can’t vouch for the source but..

——

You may be surprised to learn that of the trio of long-awaited coronavirus vaccines, the most promising, Moderna’s mRNA-1273, which reported a 94.5 percent efficacy rate on November 16, had been designed by January 13. This was just two days after the genetic sequence had been made public in an act of scientific and humanitarian generosity that resulted in China’s Yong-Zhen Zhang’s being temporarily forced out of his lab. In Massachusetts, the Moderna vaccine design took all of one weekend. It was completed before China had even acknowledged that the disease could be transmitted from human to human, more than a week before the first confirmed coronavirus case in the United States. By the time the first American death was announced a month later, the vaccine had already been manufactured and shipped to the National Institutes of Health for the beginning of its Phase I clinical trial. This is — as the country and the world are rightly celebrating — the fastest timeline of development in the history of vaccines. It also means that for the entire span of the pandemic in this country, which has already killed more than 250,000 Americans, we had the tools we needed to prevent it .

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/12/moderna-covid-19-vaccine-design.html

That is extremely interesting and I did not know this

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

My wife says the covid vaccines may work just fine, but she doesn't trust the handlers, specifically the constant refrigeration requirements. She said she's personally witnessed flu vaccines and medicines that required constant refrigeration get left out overnight and still got administered to patients.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by joken2

My wife says the covid vaccines may work just fine, but she doesn't trust the handlers, specifically the constant refrigeration requirements. She said she's personally witnessed flu vaccines and medicines that required constant refrigeration get left out overnight and still got administered to patients.

That’s it right there.

Some lazy cheese puff eating groid will get sidetracked with baby-mama drama and dick up the logistics

Or a janitor running a floor buffer will jerk a power cord out and it go undiscovered for several hours.

My wife is in public health, she says has seen the vax go from the mean freezer to the fridge for a few hours as part of a generic handling protocol before it’s administered.

Sounds flaky as hell and seat of the pants organizational

I’m waiting to do mine via the Medical Specialities division at Vanderbilt. Hopefully I can trust them with a little more confidence.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Wish my folks would get it.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Denton
Please report back with reaction/side effects you may experience.

Good luck.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by denton
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Are you not free now?

LOL... Well, yes, I suppose that I am. But my wife is in an extremely high risk group, and for her sake, I don't.

I assume your wife is also getting the shots? If not, you're wasting your time as you can still give it to her.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Whatever happened to the dumocrats not taking the vaccine because you can't trust Trump?

Life is good live it while you can.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I'll take my .01 percent chance of dying. More risk of getting hit by a bus on the way to the vacination site.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I bet the vaccination process would work better if the doctors were getting paid for their service.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I'll take my .01 percent chance of dying. More risk of getting hit by a bus on the way to the vacination site.

I want it so that I can get back to hugging total strangers at my church.

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Welll..............I have already had my first dose and will get the booster on the 30th. Was easy as can be and painless. My arm ached just a bit the next day but not any worse than the normal flu shots I have taken over the years.
Wife got hers also with the same results.
Was sure glad to get it done!

How can I tell you bye if you wont leave?
D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by bersh
Originally Posted by denton
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Are you not free now?

LOL... Well, yes, I suppose that I am. But my wife is in an extremely high risk group, and for her sake, I don't.

I assume your wife is also getting the shots? If not, you're wasting your time as you can still give it to her.

Oh yeah.....County said that they would start taking appointments today. They didn't mention a time. So I stayed up until midnight... nada. Got up at 7:00. Again nada. Kept trying until just after 8:00. At that point I could get into the web page, but could not schedule an appointment. Patience and persistence got us both an appointment by around 8:30.

Yes, I'll report back on whatever reaction I have.

Getting the microchip through a #22 needle is not nearly as difficult as getting the batteries through. smile

According to what I've read, this is a new approach to vaccines. When we get the process refined a little, maybe we can greatly speed up the development of all vaccines.

Last edited by denton; 01/15/21.

Be not weary in well doing.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Its like those old maxi pad commercials.

Once you get the shot you can swim....ride horses....play tennis with your girlfriends...go to the amusement park.....

All the people I know that have taken the vaccine still have to comply with all the rules that the rest of us poor slobs have to.

Dont see much difference.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
With your comorbidity, you should move up the 1b list. Good luck.

The 10 dose vials actually hold 12-13 doses.

Let them know if they have an extra dose, to give you a call before they waste it.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I didn't suffer any side effects from mine.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

I want it so that I can get back to hugging total strangers at my church.

Screw that. Going to church in the winter is like skinny dipping in a petri dish. My wife has a compromised immune system so we haven't been to church in a year. Hack hack, cough cough. Forget it. I watch it on YouTube on my way to the lake.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,615 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,837
Posts18,478,100
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.