Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
These are all reasons why I value a seller who does everything right, and why I always take time to name them in the "good guy" section of the classifieds. It's a good reference.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Surely, a "famous" 'smith, could not be fooled !

laugh

Fool is in the eyes of the beholder.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I have purchased quite a few guns online from private party members, but I dont think I have bought one in the last 3 years or so. Over the last 15 years or so I have had a few transactions that scared me and I thought I had been taken. All of them work out. One was a very esteemed member here. I bought a very nice Browning BPS shot gun from him. During the transaction, he became pretty ill. He was an older fella who lived alone in a remote location. I didnt know many people here on the forum and when I contacted Rick Bin about it, he reached out the seller and made contact. It all worked itself out fairly quickly. The gentleman almost passed away due to illness and there was nobody around his place to make contact or return my attempts at contact. I felt like a heel afterwards because he was somewhat of a legend on here, but I didnt know that. On another one, I bought a semi custom elk rifle and for some reason the transaction took about 3 weeks longer than it should have with poor communication. The rifle eventually showed and was in great condition as described. With better communication there would not have been much worry. I have not bought a private party rifle for probably 3 years or so. I just dont want the hastle of going to an FFL to pick it up etc. If I found something I had to have, I would sure do it again though!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Never bought a firearm online.

Not everybody’s got connections....

Buying out the trunk of a car in back the bowling alley.

I buy all my firearms from crackheads from my roofing crews or randoms in parking lots.

The benefits of hiring criminals.

Had a meth addict employee ask to borrow $300 one time. He offered to bring his four wheeler and let me hold it for collateral.
I figured wtf. Never saw him again but still have the Polaris 8 years later.

And some finance company is probably still wondering wtf it is.

Life IS a gamble....

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
I've had good luck for too many years even those Gun List & Shot Gun News day before Internet. So far, like GB due to ratings over Gun International, I check out buyers and deeper if private parties and don't deal with Pawn Shops.

A friend bought a gun out of state, sent seller cashiers check then no response from the seller. The buyer called his local field office and had 2 agents make a courtesy call to the address given by the seller. The seller didn't know the buyer was an FBI agent, the buyer received a refund in 2 days.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not on firearms, but had some poor luck with stock wood. Question: Any cracks? Response: No. Two of three purchases were returned with my shipping cost being about 1/2 of the purchase price due to obvious cracks. I will never buy another sight unseen.

1Minute
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The only time I really got screwed online, I made a guy a holster, shipped it to him, and never got paid. He’s the outgoing sheriff in Oconee County, Georgia. This was on another forum. He left the forum and hasn’t been back. I got suspended for a week because I called him out.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Oh boy....

Threatening me via PM

lol

What a knee slapper.

Do they really do that or do you just say that to taunt them?

He PM you too?

🤪

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got semi screwed on a water heater replacement.

Realtor sent me out to replace one that was leaking, the overseas owner didnt transfer money to escrow.

I gave it 90 days, house went into foreclosure. It was on lockbox so I went over one afternoon with a couple of no-neck goons. Repossessed my 40 gallon water heater.

Piece of cake

EXCEPT for the nosey neighbor that thought I was stealing a water heater. lol

Ended up putting my charm on that dude, within 15 minutes we were inside that neighbor’s house having a cold drink and him showing us a bathroom he contracted us to remodel.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Realtor sent me out to replace one that was leaking, the overseas owner didnt transfer money to escrow.

I gave it 90 days, house went into foreclosure. It was on lockbox so I went over one afternoon with a couple of no-neck goons. Repossessed my 40 gallon water heater.

Piece of cake

Ended up putting my charm on that dude, within 15 minutes we were inside that neighbor’s house having a cold drink and him showing us a bathroom he contracted us to remodel.

^ ^ ^

For GW

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Piece of cake

Charming bastid...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
~ 20 years ago I went to a local gun store, because I heard they rip people off, and ordered a cheap gun from Shotgun News to that FFL.

They took the money and ordered the gun C.O.D. but refused it each time it arrived.

It seems they were trying to hang on to operating cash.

Yup, they were crooked. Good cheap experiment.

Then they ripped off members of the Woodinville Police department [the city they were in] on gun transactions.

I don't know it they skipped town or went to jail, but the place was empty a few weeks after ripping off cops.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
About nine years ago, I bought here on CF a NIB scope from someone in western NC for ($765 in those days) with pics including box-end label. I sent him a certified check from my bank. I didn't hear from him for about ten days and figured that was long enough, so I called him - to which he replied that he had just cashed the check and mailed the scope the day before. I never get the scope and I called and left messages repeatedly for the next three weeks. Then I posted on here that I had apparently been taken to the cleaners by someone in Buncombe County, NC. A fellow member who just happened to be local law enforcement in that area PM'ed me to get the details and offered to go by this guys house and "have a chat". The next day he calls me and said that he couldn't get the money back but he did see the scope, said it looked brand new with all the papers, etc, and that he "gave" the guy a ride to PO to mail it out. Got it three days later.

Maybe there's someone in LE local to your creep, that would volunteer to have a chat with him.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I can't believe y'all buy and sell all these evil firearms. I lost mine in a horrible boating accident.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 70 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,672
Posts18,513,157
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.