Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by justsaymoe
The banner congratulating Joe Biden was it for me.

Incredible

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I used to check in on AR about once a day.

A few years ago some guy opened a thread with the statement "You guys can't shoot."

It turned out he was a pro guide from Argentina selling Patagonia stag hunts, and he was bitching because his clients missed most of the shots he showed to them.

I replied that a hunter needs no one to point out the game for him, nor does a marksman need coached through the shot.

It did not go over very well. That was about the end of my involvement with AR.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
I didn't spend much time on AR, but really enjoyed picking up what I could from the site. Then, I had a very blunt discussion with Saeed about the way he was trashing Trump, Trump supporters, and Americans in general. I expected to be banned, but nothing came of it. I quit the site anyway. Just too much unbelievable liberal BS and US hatred for me to stomach it!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by luv2safari
They have a good African section, and a well informed combination gun bunch, so I go there to look in about every day.

I also have some good friends I hunt with now over on AR. Things have slowed there, and I think it's mostly due to the economy.

It has slowed because they ban a lot of people. I brought up the truth about the UAE's King and the cameljockey scandle. Of course he had just said dictatorship is far better than democracy. That they even tolerated that jerk all in on Ukraine. Hated the US and Americans. Don is a piece of work. Yes there were a lot of good people on that forum but there were some of the worst there also. Under one of my alias's my sig line was "Liberals and Muslims are self loathing racist haters". I posted thousands of times in the hunting/shooting forums. Had my fun, bye.

Last edited by rickt300; 04/10/21.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I haven't really been on there since about 2004. I started there and migrated here shortly after. The campfire was more my style. Especially back in 2004-2005. Got me through some boring HR classes in grad school and paid for some meals selling TI stocks.

I got burned on deals on AR but never on the campfire back then. Told me what I needed to know about the communities.

Bb

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Have a past over on the ARPF with thaxted, ledvm, Seafire, GW (good guys).......and even DaMan (not so much).

My take on DRG, Walter, and even Saeed is different. Liberals were given much wider boundaries, terribly obvious.

If DRG went along, screw him.

BBBruce.....DaMan and others got slack. Who was the Canadian bus driver that died? Actually liked him.

Also........why does JTEX still frequent that place? Anyone know if he's here?

Mike I believe you're thinking of murf with the little blue smurf for an avatar. IIRCC, his name was Murray Schultz and he was a teacher in the city of Regina,

RIP Murf.

радянське лайно, іди ебать свою матір
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
There are three basic rules for AR:

1–Don’t view the political forum
2–Don’t view the political forum
3–Don’t view the political forum

There are quite a few hunters with tons of experience in Africa that post there. It has been slow lately but not many have hunted Africa in over a year.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

[/quote]
I don't know. I suspect he does more lurking than posting anymore. Rod is a guy who has had a long career in general gunsmithing and has a wealth of knowledge and experience. He is a practical gunsmith.
[/quote]

I learned a lot from his post & saw a lot of the BS that was thrown his way. I was banned too, not
sure who I pissed off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leftard looney bin. The political forum is rampant with TDS.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You are correct, Ted.
You have a memory like an elephant.
Thx.

Originally Posted by thaxted
Have a past over on the ARPF with thaxted, ledvm, Seafire, GW (good guys).......and even DaMan (not so much).

My take on DRG, Walter, and even Saeed is different. Liberals were given much wider boundaries, terribly obvious.

BBBruce.....DaMan and others got slack. Who was the Canadian bus driver that died? Actually liked him.

Mike I believe you're thinking of murf with the little blue smurf for an avatar. IIRCC, his name was Murray Schultz and he was a teacher in the city of Regina,

RIP Murf.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
For some reason a lot of the bashing of AR here seems to be resentment against "elites" who dared to make something of themselves instead of living in a trailer park in rural Kentucky. I don't buy virtue signalling.

I just went there to the Political Forum, where I hadn't been in years, to check it out. Some troll nemed Edmond has started about 60% of the threads and is a Leftist. Paddler and Greyghost on steroids. But a lot of other sections of AR are pretty good. The .458 Winchester thread in Big Bores has 174 pages of comments.

We should appreciate that Saeed pays for the whole thing himself. No ads or popups. If you're civil, no censorship.

Utter and complete Bullscheite post. typical leftard characterization, ESAD. Go live in the UAE.

Dog I rescued in January

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rickt300
For some reason a lot of the bashing of AR here seems to be resentment against "elites" who dared to make something of themselves instead of living in a trailer park in rural Kentucky. I don't buy virtue signalling.

I just went there to the Political Forum, where I hadn't been in years, to check it out. Some troll nemed Edmond has started about 60% of the threads and is a Leftist. Paddler and Greyghost on steroids. But a lot of other sections of AR are pretty good. The .458 Winchester thread in Big Bores has 174 pages of comments.

We should appreciate that Saeed pays for the whole thing himself. No ads or popups. If you're civil, no censorship.

Utter and complete Bullscheite post. typical leftard characterization, ESAD. Go live in the UAE.

Such intelligence is rarely seen which is a good thing.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Mike70560
There are three basic rules for AR:

1–Don’t view the political forum
2–Don’t view the political forum
3–Don’t view the political forum

There are quite a few hunters with tons of experience in Africa that post there. It has been slow lately but not many have hunted Africa in over a year.

Yep.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At least the AR free classifieds is still free to everyone.

It's not here.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

What happened to Tasunkawitko? Anyone know?

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE

What happened to Tasunkawitko? Anyone know?

Well for a while he had his own webpage somewhere.

This is it.

http://www.baitshopboyz.com/

Last edited by rickt300; 04/11/21.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by rickt300

Such intelligence is rarely seen which is a good thing.

Waiting for you to raise yourself to that level, but the chances are slim to none. Saeed is a Bigoted Muslim jackass just as you are a racist jackass Jew, being civil is no defense.

Last edited by rickt300; 04/11/21.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I finally had enough there and had some great friends there.

I said "screw it" and told the sandniqqer he was just that in a few more words. I'm not welcome there anymore... Hey Saeed...go hump a goat!

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

as an illumni over there, that brought up some good memories of some cool guys... there was a lot of them over there,, just like here..
I remember you well also Mike.. we had some good PMs back and forth...

My issue in finally leaving there was Walter the leftist Nazi...

I actually got along real well with Don and Saeed.. yeah, the let things flow on their own.... if you argued with them, as it was their website, then they got not real tolerant real quick....I guess anyone would so if they were paying the bill... I asked and Saeed told me, what he paid for the site a month... $2500., probably about the same as you or I would look at a quarter...

BBBrucie and DuhMan, or Snotty Q as I called him eventually, what a pair of idiots.... I communicated a lot with Don... both he and Saeed liked the way I use to razzle Duhman, with the Beavis and Butthead Cartoons, kinda went after them, like people looking thru the funny papers first thing...

They also liked the way I made fun of Brucie....I actually had a good time over there, sparing with those two Morons...Brucie ended up going to Taiwan, he wore out his welcome in most of Canada it seemed... actually for real... I can fill anyone in, who wonders what kind of trouble he got into...Brucie had to be the biggest Screw UP I've ever ran across...

Walter use to ban me for anything of razzling Brucie or Snotty Queen, aka Snotty Q... Don would send me a PM, and saying give me a day or two, and you'll be reinstated, which always happened... his PM would also include how much Saeed and he liked the post, that Walter would ban me over...

I had some good friends there...those of us that had different view points, but respected each other got along just fine over there... an example was Edmond, who someone else mentioned...our private conversations back and forth were not as combative as others would do with those of a differing opinion..
Ed wasn't a bad guy at all... he was very knowledgeable on guns.. few knew it, but he had actually immigrated to the US, to Texas and spent 5 years there..

He picked up a love for Crystal Gale and her music.... he told me he sure missed her, and couldn't find her CDs anywhere in Europe... So I sent him 3 or 4 that I picked up, at a vendor locally that handled out of production CDs....people would sell or trade in... I think they were $4 or $5 apiece...I think the guy was in tears when he got them... he offered all sorts of money for them and the cost of sending them to France...I told him they were a gift, from one friend to another...he even offered to send me some French Wine... told him I appreciated it, but I didn't drink wine...

Saeed sent me some CDs of several of his African Safaris, for my son to see what Africa was like.. no charge..
Per my request, Don send me some of the different denominations of Africa and European Money, for my son, he had left over from some of his travels..
normally just pocket change, once he sent a 10,000 note from Zimbabwe, which had an expiration date on it... which was expired... but my son had a good time impressing all his buddies in Junior High, showing him all that different money from different countries in Africa, the Middle East and Southern Europe., & Israel.....

Yeah, its sorta dead over there, but it use to be a damn good site..... but the Campfire also use to be a lot better site, having a better class of folks here.. we have had a lot of really good guys, just leave, getting tired of the BS from a really small group of Internet heroes...some who I get along with just fine..

I don't take it all too seriously...

but I do miss screw with Duhman.. that was fun and we had a big following... I don't care how much anyone dislikes Schtick, Larry is a Saint compared to Duhman....he was just the ultimate douche bag...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

The owner was born into a lavish lifestyle, he doesn't know any better.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,440
Posts18,489,455
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.