Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by andrews1958

Maybe I lived to close to” Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood” but I never even knew what meth was that he was or that he was an addict until I visited him in jail. I am so glad know that I did not bail him out. We were so hurt from the lies that he had told us.

I actually gave him over $40,000 within a two year period as he was family just to help him out as I thought he was just going through some real bad times. He lost his job. Went bankrupt. Lost his home and car. Call me stupid for doing so but I had absolutely no idea that drugs were involved with all the bad luck that he was having.

That's what you need to warn your family about.

You also need to let them know that he's not going to survive this.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by deflave

My family is going through a difficult time, as my brother-in-law at 58 years old is a meth head. He was once a multi-millionaire but now a broke,brain fried, toothless, scabby drug addict that you would not recognize who is has been in jail at least 4 times in the last few years. He has now moved close to my 87-year-old mother in law who lives in a semi -retirement community.

She is a true codependent who will never change at her age. She continues to protect and make excuses for him and continues to give him money. Probably more than we know about. He also works at this community doing errands for elderly people. I am sure he is somehow stealing off them but we cannot prove it.

At 62 and I do not want to deal with drugs and drama but we feel as though we need to protect her and her community from him. Has anyone else dealt with a meth head in their family? Did the same happening to you? What are your thoughts for options on dealing with this family crises? We have tried to get him in a rehab program but he will not go.

Why do you care?

Is thats all you have to say just STFU

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

My family is going through a difficult time, as my brother-in-law at 58 years old is a meth head. He was once a multi-millionaire but now a broke,brain fried, toothless, scabby drug addict that you would not recognize who is has been in jail at least 4 times in the last few years. He has now moved close to my 87-year-old mother in law who lives in a semi -retirement community.

She is a true codependent who will never change at her age. She continues to protect and make excuses for him and continues to give him money. Probably more than we know about. He also works at this community doing errands for elderly people. I am sure he is somehow stealing off them but we cannot prove it.

At 62 and I do not want to deal with drugs and drama but we feel as though we need to protect her and her community from him. Has anyone else dealt with a meth head in their family? Did the same happening to you? What are your thoughts for options on dealing with this family crises? We have tried to get him in a rehab program but he will not go.

Maybe I lived to close to” Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood” but I never even knew what meth was that he was or that he was an addict until I visited him in jail. I am so glad know that I did not bail him out. We were so hurt from the lies that he had told us.

I actually gave him over $40,000 within a two year period as he was family just to help him out as I thought he was just going through some real bad times. He lost his job. Went bankrupt. Lost his home and car. Call me stupid for doing so but I had absolutely no idea that drugs were involved with all the bad luck that he was having.

That was stupid.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by blairvt

Is thats all you have to say just STFU

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Spot on. It's a cold world.

Yup.
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
22 short right behind the ear cures many problems.

85% of the population would be WELL served by this.
I’m embarrassed to be white on an average day.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

He needs to get saved.
IF he decides to trust the Lord, then he needs to faithfully listen to good hard preaching.
Give him this.

If you want to find a good church in his area, PM me and I will do my best to research and find one if there's any available. The Lord can save him. The Word of God can provide the changed heart and help with addiction in time.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 01/17/21.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

If you want to find a good church in his area, PM me and I will do my best to research and find one if there's any available.

Catastrophe adverted!

LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If you want to find a good church in his area, PM me and I will do my best to research and find one if there's any available.

Catastrophe adverted!

LOL

The Lord is his only hope.
Is there a social program that I overlooked?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You're an idiot.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

No.

It’s changes in brain chemistry you are overlooking.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by AKduck

Spot on. It's a cold world.

You're likely right. My brother jumped off a bridge. He made lots of poor decisions.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Ah, hell. Just load the BIL up and take him down to the clinic for his Covid Vax. Better than a hot shot of H. Problem solved.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can’t stop many train wrecks and there’s nothing forcing you to watch them. Let time go by and the problem will resolve itself one way or another. Jumping in the middle of it just increases the odds of you being collateral damage with little likelihood of reward.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They don't change unless they want to change. Don't fool yourself.

Last edited by AKduck; 01/17/21.

Yup.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Never understood why try it (meth) or other the first time. If your mind is that weak. you're [bleep] anyway

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Originally Posted by stxhunter
My stepson, he's been clean a yr now after we got in a fight about and I burned the chit out my left arm on a burner that was on, on the stove, I stuck my pistol in his face and told him to get out, he called the cops on me, they took him away. He has been clean since that day.

It depends on how deep he is in. I hear inmates all the time, after doing years, only having one plan, get a fix. That is more so for the meth heads than the heroin addicts. I look at records and I see multiple drug convictions with meth. Possession, manufacture, endangering children. It's not hopeless, just damn nearly so.

I believe it was the fact his mother told him she didn't want to see him again unless he was clean and he is, has gained all his weight back, probably too much weight.

Gotta tell you, not that deep in. If he values anything over the meth there is still some of him left. You have to understand that at a point there is really nothing of the person you knew left. That person is dead and this thing, this evil thing, is walking around in that body.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Our only experience is with a neighbor, not family. Similar situation to yours, elderly mother, but living independently and her drug addled son in his 50s. She had checked into getting a protective order several years previously, after he had been arrested for assaulting her, but nothing ever came of that. Then one day he beat and tortured her. She survived, but never recovered and died within a year - still defending her son.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
22 short right behind the ear cures many problems.

Put a Scopolamine patch of the hole and no one think otherwise. lol

Just another OD

Skip the patch - drug deal gone bad.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 75 invisible), 3,059 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,230
Posts18,485,651
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.