E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by 65BR
372,000 businesses shut down in NY and Chicago alone.......per Rush L. today.........

Folks, do you really believe the economy will have legs under a Communist regime? Taxes are going up on Corporations and people.

Proceed with caution is my .02

Since those are mostly small businesses which are not publicly traded, wouldn't it be a good thing for stock market companies in the long run?

You can't have a middle class if you don't have successful small businesses. They are destroying the small businesses to destroy the middle class, and when you don't have a middle class you become like all other third world countries living under tyranny with no freedoms.

I don't disagree with that, but I wonder to what extent they will be able to leverage the Fed Reserve's grip on world monetary policy to print money out of thin air and distribute it in a quasi- UBI scheme. It doesn't make sense to me to kill the cow when you can milk it, so I'm not yet convinced they want to totally destroy America.

They won't destroy the ability to produce.

They will destroy the ability of you to be able to live in freedom, and have a chance to better your life, because you will be dependent on them for your day-to-day survival, just like all peasants are around the world in third world countries.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good posts folks.

Last edited by 65BR; 01/17/21.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
372,000 businesses shut down in NY and Chicago alone.......per Rush L. today.........

Folks, do you really believe the economy will have legs under a Communist regime? Taxes are going up on Corporations and people.

Proceed with caution is my .02

Since those are mostly small businesses which are not publicly traded, wouldn't it be a good thing for stock market companies in the long run?

You can't have a middle class if you don't have successful small businesses. They are destroying the small businesses to destroy the middle class, and when you don't have a middle class you become like all other third world countries living under tyranny with no freedoms.

I don't disagree with that, but I wonder to what extent they will be able to leverage the Fed Reserve's grip on world monetary policy to print money out of thin air and distribute it in a quasi- UBI scheme. It doesn't make sense to me to kill the cow when you can milk it, so I'm not yet convinced they want to totally destroy America.

They won't destroy the ability to produce.

They will destroy the ability of you to be able to live in freedom, and have a chance to better your life, because you will be dependent on them for your day-to-day survival, just like all peasants are around the world in third world countries.

Yep.

The feds distruction of the dollar will be labeled by the left as "free market failure" and they will cite this as reason to take over private industries.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We did a 403b retirement fund/mutual funds (American Funds) via deferred income for the last 18 yrs or our employment. I don't micro-manage our investments and last year our investments increased by 19%. Over the last 29 years our total investments have more than quadrupled. We are very pleased. I was gobsmacked actually. I really wasn't expecting that kind of increase for 2020. About the only good thing to happen in 2020.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hope those profits get locked in, if a big correction....or long term crash comes.

Times sure seem much more uncertain now, than the past 4 years.......

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hope those profits get locked in, if a big correction....or long term crash comes.

My play account on Ameriprise is close to cashed out. 65% in crease since April 3rd. My more substantial accounts with our CFP are still in riskier funds. Working with him now to find a path forward that keeps our earning as safe as possible in the near term.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am not worried.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
There is always something going up. I like energy because I work in it. Green energy and battery technology will go up. Especially the companies the.congress critters own and push.
As long as people and companies have 401 Ks and add money to the market every check the market will trend upward over time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Wall Street waiting for another stimulus /quantitative easing hit. They are heroine addicts, riding a bubble and waiting for that next hit.

I'm too close to retirement to risk my career earnings with heroine addicts.

Where do you keep it?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Feeling a bit more nervous with current administration. Going to wait for next stimulous then I think I will do some rebalancing to more balanced funds and less growth funds. My retirement window is now about 10 years.

Last edited by centershot; 01/22/21.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Wall street is giddy over more stimulus under Biden.
They think the fed has a bottomless wallet of digital money.

So do the Democraps. They always just print more money.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good posts folks.

Very Interesting thread.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
There is always something going up. I like energy because I work in it. Green energy and battery technology will go up. Especially the companies the.congress critters own and push.
As long as people and companies have 401 Ks and add money to the market every check the market will trend upward over time.

Speaking of EV and Biden , Moved a bunch of funds into ABML. a few weeks ago. Up over 200 per cent already

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,601 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,469
Posts18,471,386
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.