Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Peaceful protests are the answer.

I'm a white, male, veteran, who voted Republican. I'm not allowed to peacefully protest. They call it something else.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I have been taking payments through paypal for years. They sent a letter about the refunds, about 1 year ago. What it amounts to is that if the seller issues a refund to the buyer paypal no longer refunds their part of the transaction. They used to. So if I sell something and want the customer to get a 100% refund I have to add the paypal amount. I will lose money by doing so. The seller you dealt with knows this too.

As Readonly said, that still doesn't explain the 9% "transaction fee" they skimmed. As others have said, I'm calling the credit card company's fraud department tomorrow, Maybe if I'm enough of a pain in their ass, maybe they will just credit me to go away, and then I'll just cancel my friggin account.

Did they maybe charge their transaction fee both ways? 4.5% on the purchase and 4.5% on the refund? No matter what it’s total bullshit and a way to rip the customer off.

Throughout the years as new technology or online service providers came along I usually waited (if possible) to evaluate whether I needed them or not, usually I didn’t. Finding an alternative was not usually a problem and often the only thing sacrificed was convenience and maybe a little time. I was used to doing it the old school way and since I hadn't switched to the easier way new school method I didn’t know what I was missing.....ignorance is bliss 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...The merchant credited the full balance to my Paypal account. I see the full credit in my inbox. when Paypal transferred money to my credit card, it was $113 short. What am I missing here?

What you are missing is the fact that sales tax is reported by them as a separate transaction. That is not a selling fee--it is sales tax.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by pal
...The merchant credited the full balance to my Paypal account. I see the full credit in my inbox. when Paypal transferred money to my credit card, it was $113 short. What am I missing here?

What you are missing is the fact that sales tax is reported by them as a separate transaction. That is not a selling fee--it is sales tax.

????

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pal

You mean sales tax for the item I never got because the order was cancelled???

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought something on ebay two days ago and paid with paypal. I see that my payment was refunded in full by the seller/ebay. Evidently he sold out before he could fill my order. It said only 2 left when I ordered.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I saved up for a few months for a new scuba diving computer. I ordered it off a web site that took Paypal. The same day the order was cancelled because it was no longer available. The reseller refunded my money in full. This is an expensive item, costing $1234. Paypal received the full refund from the merchant but then, I noticed they only credited my credit card $1121. I was like, "okay, where's my missing $113???"

I get on a chat with Paypal and after waiting 3 hours for a reply, it goes something like this... "I completely understand YOUR CONFUSION on this matter..." Umm, my confusion? No, there's no confusion, Paypal is skimming $113 off a cancelled transaction. She said it was a transaction fee. I asked, "you mean a transaction fee on the thing I never actually received and was never actually shipped?"

Haven't seen a reply. It's been another 3 hours now. One of my friends said they are no longer removing transaction fees for cancelled orders. So, think about this for a second. You can order something, never receive it. It wasn't lost in shipping, in fact, it never was even shipped to you. And you can lose hundreds of dollars, depending on the price of the item.

WTF can I do about this guys? Seriously, this is complete garbage, and they know it. So now, I have to waste hours or days of my personal time, arguing with a tech company, run by multimillionaires, over $113?

I would think the seller is responsible for that fee.When you sell something with PayPal the seller pays the fee.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
They got tired of me and we worked it out. Who knew that being a Karen would work 😁

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They got tired of me and we worked it out. Who knew that being a Karen would work 😁

Glad it worked for you JB.

Your experience helps my decision making moving forward with PP and Egay. For the record, the message I got says the new policy will be implemented on 1-20-21. Im sure the day it starts is a coincidence 🙄.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 6MMWASP, AlanF, 12 invisible), 1,451 guests, and 815 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,663
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.