Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The late Mr. Treadwell had tamed bears, too. The tamest wild animal can still do tremendous damage. They're still wild.

Who's Mr Treadwell Chuck?
Is that the guy's name who was attacked in the last video?

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 01/20/21.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
The late Mr. Treadwell had tamed bears, too. The tamest wild animal can still do tremendous damage. They're still wild.

Timothy Treadwell, the idiot in Kenai National Park a few years back who 'communed' with the bears. He made a movie called Grizzly Man in which he'd do some really stupid stuff like petting grizzlies while they were eating. In the end both Treadwell and his girlfriend were eaten. She had started a video camera when they were attacked but failed to remove the lens cap. There's an impressive audio of them screaming while being torn apart. I think it's available online but I'll pass on listening to it, thank you.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Tim Treadwell was also a closeted gerbil rancher. He spoke with a very pronounced lisp and minced around, and always threw in the line “...but I’m not gay”. He filmed his interaction with bears to draw attention to himself and convinced the poor girl who died with him that the bears were harmless. Both of them were literally eaten alive by the bears he professed were harmless.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

Timothy Treadwell, the idiot in Kenai National Park a few years back who 'communed' with the bears. He made a movie called Grizzly Man in which he'd do some really stupid stuff like petting grizzlies while they were eating. In the end both Treadwell and his girlfriend were eaten. She had started a video camera when they were attacked but failed to remove the lens cap. There's an impressive audio of them screaming while being torn apart. I think it's available online but I'll pass on listening to it, thank you.

Oh yeah. Now I remember.
I saw that documentary when it came out years ago.
I'm shaking my head just thinking about those scenes.
They should retitle the movie, "Kids... Don't Try This at Home."

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BulletBud
Tim Treadwell was also a closeted gerbil rancher. He spoke with a very pronounced lisp and minced around, and always threw in the line “...but I’m not gay”. He filmed his interaction with bears to draw attention to himself and convinced the poor girl who died with him that the bears were harmless. Both of them were literally eaten alive by the bears he professed were harmless.

I thought he looked like a flamer too.
Lots of those girlie boys have gfs and wives as beards or because they swing both ways.
Not too many of them are into big teddy bears though. Maybe that should change.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Didn't Anthony Hopkins kill Bart with a wooden spear?

That one spear out of a hundred.......manufactured with single stag-handled folder?

Skinned Bart out for coats, too. He'd have tasted a little better, with gunpowder.

Musta been S30V.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (7mm_Loco, 14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 14 invisible), 1,295 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,678
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.