Print Thread
Hop To
D
Docbill Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I have been trying to contact this company for weeks. They neither answer their phone nor respond to email. Are they still in business.

My issue is that I have WIDE feet, 4E, and I am looking for pac boots. So far Schnees' and Kenetrek say E is as wide as they go. Going up 2 sizes seems very sloppy. I have Bean boots with chain tread that are 2E but the soles are crap for any sort of slick or varied terrain.

Does anyone have an answer.

Thanks for looking.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You could always try the wide Kenetreks and see if they might work. If not I believe they’ll take them back.

I have a pair of their 12” pack boots and normally go with a wider E. I returned the first pair since they were a bit too big and went with the standard size 15.

Semper Fi
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I just sent in a pair of packs to be re bottomed. Contacted a lady right off the bat, got the shipping info and sent em off. No muss, no fuss. For what its worth, Hoffman is the best Pac going, and I have had most of them.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Can't help you with the sizing, but I've not had any trouble actually getting ahold of Hoffmann, but their service has sucked after the fact and they were almost no help in getting the right size on the two pair of pacs I've bought from them. I try to buy as much as I can made in the US, and do like some things about their pacs (their lowers), but I've had design issues on both pairs I've bought. The last pair was unusable for me after four days of hunting in them and they were really bad about keeping their word on addressing it. Unfortunately, as much as I want to like them, I probably won't buy from them again.

If you do end up buying form them, I'd just get the soles their bottoms come with stock, as opposed to having them grind them down and installing their bob soles, etc.. Those just add weight and cost and don't actually grip as well as the stock sole IME. Their lowers have been more durable than Schnees for me, but Schnees service has been head and shoulders better than Hoffmann's, no comparison.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I live 3 miles up the road from them. Still there

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Don't know about wide sizes, but I have been wearing their pacs for years with the air bob sole. My favorite boot for winter. I've wore a few pairs out over the years. I live about an hour away and yes they are still in business.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by atse
I just sent in a pair of packs to be re bottomed. Contacted a lady right off the bat, got the shipping info and sent em off. No muss, no fuss. For what its worth, Hoffman is the best Pac going, and I have had most of them.

Update: Hoffman said it would be 2 weeks to get new bottoms on my pacs. At two weeks they called and said my pacs were done. I CA!led them back, paid for them, and they were, at my door 3 days later. Good service, no drama.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

363 members (16penny, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,015
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.