Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
1 Garand and 1 turnbolt for High Power comp's, and 1 custom hunting rig for slaying dinner...still not boring

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I guess this will happen to the 6.5CM then. Endless Creedmoor articles have been happening for a while.

I wonder what the next big thing will be?

Of course it will....Eventually laugh

Everything has it's day in the sun. Shooters were just as excited at one time about the latest flintlock as baby boomers are about the '06 as the current generation of shooters is about the Creedmoor. Folks get upset about it but they may as well be shouting at the tide.

What comes along next? Who knows. It's been said that nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come. That's what makes predicting the next big thing usually little more than a guessing game. Widespread adoption of a new military round. Perhaps a new technology. Maybe a new shooting discipline catches on in popularity.

Whatever it is, at the end of the day it's just a piece of brass. No need for people to lose sleep over different shapes of metal

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It may be just a piece of brass, but a segment of the board got worked up over it. Some still are. Until the 30 Blammer arrives and they will chase that butterfly.

I wonder how the Short and Super Short crowd are these days? Or the Lazzeronian Church? The Compact Magnum folks? There's a few left. I wish them well.

At least it keeps them out of the bars. πŸ˜„

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
It may be just a piece of brass, but a segment of the board got worked up over it. Some still are. Until the 30 Blammer arrives and they will chase that butterfly.

I wonder how the Short and Super Short crowd are these days? Or the Lazzeronian Church? The Compact Magnum folks? There's a few left. I wish them well.

At least it keeps them out of the bars. πŸ˜„

Mebbe shoulda gone one of those routes 'cause that's all that's left on the store shelves....

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My WSMs and WSSMs are working fine, thank you. grin

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
To answer the OP's original question, maybe they just don't know any better.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When your performance becomes the standard for comparison, you become "boring."

The 30-06 is the baseline reference cartridge, plain and simple.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Because it's been around for over a century and just works, plain and simple.

My only full-power rifle is a .270 so I can't speak from personal experience, but the variety of .308 projectiles available, coupled with the insensitivity of manual actions to varying loads makes it far from boring in my eyes.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Teal
Dont know about boring but I was just at Cabela's.

4 boxes of 30-06 on the shelf, Hornady Outfitter.

42.99 a box of 20.

That my friends is what will fuel a resurgence of reloaders in this country. Lord help you if you like to shoot in volume, have a Wby, and don't reload....

You have a wby and don't reload? Damn, it's because I bought a wby in the 90's that I started loading ammo. I got a hell of a good deal on a nice 300wby, but had no idea what wby ammo cost. Trust me, the reloading equipment was far less money. You must be a doctor or some such schidt...

BSA they are a hell of a lot of different cartridges out there besides Weatherby that cost between 60-100 bucks a box. I suppose my being a minority has something to do with it but paying that kinda money for ammo makes one dumbass in my view. MB

My Weatherby has never shot any factory ammo since I got it either. I find it easy to load for.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
the 30-06 just might be needed here in America ? again

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
the 30-06 just might be needed here in America ? again

Yeah, its needed every Fall in the hunting woods from what I see. Where have you been?

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I was one of the guilty ones. Boring, always something better. Only owned one a Browning Bar for a short period of time. Took it out to WY to coyote hunt with a buddy in January during a arctic cold front many years ago. My lack of experience with keeping that auto action properly lubricated for sub arctic conditions -20F caused me to be with a froze up rifle all day long. Not the cartridges fault. Fast forward to today. I just had a full blown custom rifle built, had a choice of any caliber, it’s a 30.06.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 2UP, 10Glocks, 18 invisible), 2,013 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,980
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.