Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone had this therapy for internal bleeding? I had my prostate removed in 2018 and later that year also had radiation to the pelvic region.

Shortly after, started seeing small blood clots in my urine and continues today. Urologist says radiation damage is the cause. Referred me to Hyperbaric oxygen therapy.

Just looking for some feedback from those who have had this done.

Thanks Butch

The beatings will continue until morale improves
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No info for you but wish you the best. Wife just finished Chemo (hopefully) for breast cancer and awaits double mastectomy. Will tag this for reference.
God Bless you buddy.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oops.
Was thinking hypoxia..(mask jokes)
Bet San Diego is a good place for hyperbaric treatment.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by captbutch
Anyone had this therapy for internal bleeding? I had my prostate removed in 2018 and later that year also had radiation to the pelvic region.

Shortly after, started seeing small blood clots in my urine and continues today. Urologist says radiation damage is the cause. Referred me to Hyperbaric oxygen therapy.

Just looking for some feedback from those who have had this done.

Thanks Butch

You need to get to the University of Michigan Hospital.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had it after a couple mega doses of radioactive iodine for thyroid cancer. It made me feel a lot better.

------------------------
John
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Unsure about internal bleeding. I had it as an experimental treatment in the late 70s at H.U.P. before they knew much about it. After a pretty nasty leg fracture & 3 years of whittling away more bone every 6 weeks or so to try controlling the bone infection we were discussing taking off the leg just below the hip. It was 13 weeks in skin wound isolation with IV antibiotics & a daily dose (2 hours) of hyperbaric O2 at 2 atmospheres. Was able to return to work after another year & still have the leg 40 years on (still knocking on wood when saying that). There were 4 of us for a while. An older fellow with diabetic gangrene didn't make it. The 2 women who had similar fractures are still kickin' as far as I know. It was ungodly expensive at the time. There are small individual units in use now. If your insurance will cover it why not give it a try?

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This type of treatment could be used for a number of chronic issues. I really don't see why this can't be used more often. Unless there are drugs administered during the process this should be un regulated. Just my opinion since the focus of the treatment is to promote faster and more complete healing. Something like acupuncture or visiting a chiropractor.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 01/21/21.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
O2 is classified as drug.

Last edited by websterparish47; 01/21/21.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ask Michael Jackson...oops you can't I guess.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A long-time professional acquaintance/friend had such bleeding after radiation therapy for prostate cancer. He underwent the hyperbaric oxy treatments for several weeks last year (N. Cali) and - as of last conversation about two months ago - it had worked well. Good result.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by websterparish47

I buy about 40,000 lbs of liquid oxygen every 21 days -- I can assure you, it's not a drug, it's an element. And a pretty darn cheap one, when it comes down to it.

When we fill liquid tanks inside the trailer, you feel like freaking superman after about 3 minutes. Breathe like every two minutes. It's pretty cool.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Dutch

I buy about 40,000 lbs of liquid oxygen every 21 days -- I can assure you, it's not a drug, it's an element. And a pretty darn cheap one, when it comes down to it.

When we fill liquid tanks inside the trailer, you feel like freaking superman after about 3 minutes. Breathe like every two minutes. It's pretty cool.

Lessee, Makes you feel like superman in 3minutes. Check You only breathe every two minute. Check Probably gives you the munchies too. Check

Couldn't possibly be a drug. Nope, no way in hell.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My youngest boy did 100 one hour treatments at a place in Ogden UT several years ago. It helped the issues he had/has. To my knowledge there is no health insurance that will cover it, and at that time it was 100.00 bucks a visit.
Just pure oxygen at 3 times normal atmospheric pressure.
It is a common and accepted treatment in Europe for a very wide range of conditions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scabs are oxidized blood.
Upping your blood oxygen content should help plug leaks.
San Diego has Scripps Oceanographic institute (lots of divers and associated research)
Seal Training school (people who are probably at high risk of needing a backchannel)
Lots of hi-tech firms.
Lots of Naval research.
Lots of hospitals.

Probably a good place to seek knowledge.

But, I imaging flying (reduced barometric pressure) is not good for you if hyperbaric treatment is recommended.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There is NO reason that should be. Other than to scam John Q. Public out of more cash. This is a no brainer. No form of marijuana should be legal in my opinion but it is in many States and this is ONLY allowed in a Hospital setting ?? Stupid. Absolutely stupid.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 01/21/21.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kwg020

There is NO reason that should be. Other than to scam John Q. Public out of more cash. This is a no brainer. No form of marijuana should be legal in my opinion but it is in many States and this is ONLY allowed in a Hospital setting ?? Stupid. Absolutely stupid.

kwg

True story. I had just started playing with oxygen on the fish hatchery, and went to the local gas supply house, looking to see what they had for oxygen concentrators. They had some used, returned machines, and the sales guy and I agreed on a price. Just before I grab them to load them in the pickup, the head paper pusher pops in, and says “we can’t sell those without a prescription! That’s medical equipment!” I’m like, dude, you’ve got two heads........ we’re growing fish!

Anyway, my neighbor is a vet, and he writes the fish a prescription for oxygen, I take it in, and the fishies were saved.....

Just remember, the government is here to help us!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kwg020
This type of treatment could be used for a number of chronic issues. I really don't see why this can't be used more often. Unless there are drugs administered during the process this should be un regulated. Just my opinion since the focus of the treatment is to promote faster and more complete healing. Something like acupuncture or visiting a chiropractor.

kwg

Anything that promotes overall health and can be curative for multiple ailments invariably infringes on our dependency for big Pharma and is therefore restricted.

Anything that makes us feel better with no side effects also robs big Pharma and big Government of their rights to our body. If they can’t make money off of something then that something is deemed illegal. We’re all slaves to the masters of the new world order. Big tech, big Pharma and big Government....The Triads.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We did a build out on a space for a lady who was setting up an oxygen hyperbaric chamber to promote healing. We had some very interesting conversations about the treatment and it seems there is much literature on the curative properties of these treatments, especially coupled with some specific drug therapies. The biggest hurdle she had was lining up doctors to refer patients to her since most insurance companies wouldn't cover the treatment since at that time it was considered experimental. One of the biggest successes they quoted was in healing for severe burn victims to reduce damage and scarring.... I think her business went under in less than a year due to lack of bookings and overhead. Setting up any medical equipment isn't cheap ...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Lots of upside to hyperbaric o2 and little downside. I'd go for it. My o2 has been running low on and off for a few years. A couple of times I had to be on a home condenser with nasal canula for a month or two and everything felt and functioned better with more oxygen.

Bb

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I haven't but have a friend who had Prostate treatment where they implanted seeds and did radiation. During the course of treatment he was burned on his Urethra and part of his prostate. He had like 24 treatments that lasted at least a couple of hours for each treatment. Over all there was no healing and he had to have a serious and lengthy surgery for repair, including getting "replumbed" an experience I wouldn't want to have. They also found serious infection in his bowels and had to use several liters of Saline to wash it out. He's lucky to be a live.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

457 members (219 Wasp, 10ring1, 204guy, 22250rem, 163bc, 17CalFan, 42 invisible), 2,102 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,853
Posts18,517,617
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.