Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by lightning
In an earlier post, I stated I may have to look at UPS for shipping packages in the future. NOT! Yesterday I drove the 25 miles to the nearest UPS hub to ship some ammo because it’s the only option. Walked in and told, “we are not accepting any packages for shipment until Monday!” No mention of that on their website, and no Tel# listed to call in advance. I would have tried Fed Ex, but that was another 20 miles.

That is the problem the other carriers will shut off incoming packages and will not take anymore till the volume subsides and they can handle the volume again. While the USPS will take your packages and still deliver them. The USPS should be applauded for their efforts in these trying times. It is the 26th of december today and I have a package due to be delivered today and it has been on time the whole way from the west coast to iowa. The last 3 weeks have seen delays but I think things are starting to slowly get back to how they were. It still is busy because of covid-19 however and should allow some extra time.

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have another good thing to say about the USPS. I had a late arriving present for my daughter on Tuesday mailed it priority on tuesday arrived on christmas eve day. COULD NOT OF PLANNED IT ANY BETTER=== HAPPY DAUGHTER

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by KU_Geo
Shipped a rifle on nov 24th, just got delivered Monday! 4 weeks after I sent it priority mail with 3 day delivery.

PLEASE KNOW YOUR PRIORITY PACKAGE IS NOT GUARANTEED TO BE DELIVERED IN 3 OR 4 DAYS. In normal times this is what it should take . I am sorry it has taken so long it should not. I had a similar problem with a 1500 dollar handgun sitting in Milwaukee wi. It sat there 5 days and did not move was sent priority mail, then moved about 1 hour down road and sat again. I wen to post office and requested a trace on my package . 2 days later it arrived. Glad i got it and undamaged . These are not normal times so we should cut the usps a little respect.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by webfoot56
Originally Posted by KU_Geo
Shipped a rifle on nov 24th, just got delivered Monday! 4 weeks after I sent it priority mail with 3 day delivery.

PLEASE KNOW YOUR PRIORITY PACKAGE IS NOT GUARANTEED TO BE DELIVERED IN 3 OR 4 DAYS. In normal times this is what it should take . I am sorry it has taken so long it should not. I had a similar problem with a 1500 dollar handgun sitting in Milwaukee wi. It sat there 5 days and did not move was sent priority mail, then moved about 1 hour down road and sat again. I wen to post office and requested a trace on my package . 2 days later it arrived. Glad i got it and undamaged . These are not normal times so we should cut the usps a little respect.

100% correct ! nobody gets more pissed at the p.o than i do, i have 20 years with them wife is on 30. As i stated in a earlier post this was the perfect storm. I myself had a package sent from McMillan in AZ Dec. 1 just arrived today at our local processing center. I guess if you hate the p.o that much do not use-them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My package finally got here yesterday. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just checked on a large envelope I mailed with tracking. Mailed on 12/21 from a Boston post office. Tracking # indicates it left Boston on 12/28 ???????????

Ed
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Traded bullets with a member here. He sent his two days before I sent mine. Mine were delivered to him in Texas on Christmas Eve, the ones he sent to me have been sitting in Memphis for at least 3 days now. I've always defended USPS because I worked there for 31 years, and most people have no idea about what all is involved in the delivery of the mail, but I can no longer do so. USPS sucks big time these days.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would still rather have USPS over FEDX. Seems like it is different in different parts of the country. UPS does a good job here too. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fedex got me yesterday by delivering 3 packages to 2 different locations. They sent me a text saying 2 of the items were delivered at 836pm so I went outside to check and nothing, 14 minutes later I get a text stating the third item was delivered and still haven't seen any of them. Fedex says they are working on finding them but I kinda doubt anything will show up.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Our Christmas cards are still in Atlanta - been there since 12/10/20... Maybe we'll get 'em by July 4th.......maybe.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Scopes I bought here that shipped on the 8th got here yesterday. No tracking info from Baltimore to Little Rock, then El Dorado. Just suddenly "out for delivery"

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Scope took 9 days to go 3 hr car ride down the road
Then gets there busted filed insure claim did everythig they require only to get denied because I didn’t turn in the scope butttt I did I have a receipt so go to local office they say oh we put it in the safe and forgot aghhhhhh now I have to appeal 😖🤢😭

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trucks are still running hot to Georgia. Give it at least 3 more days then things should start moving close to normal.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by milespatton
I would still rather have USPS over FEDX. Seems like it is different in different parts of the country. UPS does a good job here too. miles

The last two months I've ordered a bunch of items via USPS from most regions of the country. USPS packages coming out of the Northeast have been very slow. the rest of the country the USPS seems to be doing fine.

Meanwhile I've ordered twice from Midway and Graf's. Both orders from Midway were out the door within 24 hrs, Grafs took 17 and 18 days before my orders even shipped.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Here's one for you.

I bought a rifle the week before Christmas (a cherry 1939-vintage Enfield No.2 MkIV. .22 caliber British Army training rifle, and yes I have a C&R FFL), that came to Maryland from NJ- 3 hours away. It arrived yesterday, the 4th, via USPS. I could've (should've) driven up and got it. The clincher was I found the package yesterday morning laying on the patio in front of the front door, in a puddle of water, in the rain. It had evidently been delivered sometime Sunday night, of all things. "Adult signature required." Hah! "We ain't got time for that!" No [bleep].

The box was soaking wet and literally fell apart when I picked it up. After frantically tearing it open I found the rifle safely ensconced in about 15 layers of bubble wrap- safe and sound, dry as a bone, and none the worse from spending 2 weeks in the hands of the Postal Service. I thought of raising hell with the folks at the PO but thought better of it- would they behave similarly in future out of spite? Since no harm was done would I have a leg to stand on?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Sent a small priority box (with component bullets inside) to Oklahoma a couple weeks ago. It showed up there a day ahead of prediction--which makes me guess that the big Christmas flood is starting to slow down.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been 7 days for priority mail to get here from Texas. Nada yet

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My gun arrived at the dealer yesterday. It shipped on 9 DEC and sat in Springfield, MA for 23 days. The box was beat up and it appears they tried to fold it in half. Amazingly, the gun seems fine despite having a little bit of brown paper in the box with it.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I shipped this to South Carolina.....
Opa Locka Florida is a suburb of Miami.......
Before this it was a package sent to me by a member in Georgia....
It went to Detroit first......
Then they turn around and get one in two days early.
They blame corona.......................

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by John_Boy; 01/06/21.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
M
MOW Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
USPS is still a blackhole, I purchased something from gun broker, asked before I purchased if they would ship UPS or FedEx and they said yes. After I purchased, I asked again to ship UPS or FedEx and they said yes, then they shipped it USPS (whole different issue). It was shipped 4 Jan, no location updates since 4 Jan, claim put in 14 Jan asking where the package is, no response. I know people have had problems with UPS, but I have ordering things using UPS and it all has been showing up within a day or two of schedule. My last two orders from Midway, one went out UPS and one USPS, the UPS was ordered 3 days after the USPS order. I received the UPS order and I m still waiting on the USPS order (don't know why they were shipped different ways, but I will pay better attention on my next order). Both are relatively the same size and weight package. I was hoping USPS would get better after the holidays, but it seems they are still backlogged. A couple days late, no problem, 5-7 days late, it happens, but 3-5 weeks late and absolutely no tracking updates is just irresponsible. Whats done, is done, I'll just sit tight and wait for the shipment to arrive and hope things get back to normal soon.

Last edited by MOW; 01/22/21.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (308ld, 35, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 5 invisible), 1,149 guests, and 762 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,685
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.