Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Lone Star Law is one of those shows based in Texas. So far, at least, it's been fairly balanced and straight forward, if not a little too "nice" at times. The older wardens seem to be the most lenient, though, the younger guys seem to have something to prove.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
How quickly "COPS" is forgotten.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
The older wardens seem to be the most lenient, though, the younger guys seem to have something to prove.

That's law enforcement in general. (With a few exceptions on both sides)

I do agree that if that show portrays truly how those wardens act, they are douche bags.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Evidently the people in the North Woods are idiots
Some are hunting and fishing, and some are hired to ticket them.

Last edited by hookeye; 01/21/21.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
In my dealings w COs here, the older ones have some common sense, the young ones are possum rambos.

It was funny when one tried to nail me during a dove hunt
Bud and I hunt together so had birds in same cooler.
I was running a video camera and taking care of the dog.

Warden asks how many, we told him, he opened the cooler and the number was correct. I had already limited out so he was trying to nail me for continued hunting.

Told him repeatedly i had limited out.

So I had to take him to my blind 50 yards down and show him my empty gun that was in the case ( all my chit was packed up ).

Yeah buddy, told ya I was friggin done. Birds flying good for everybody else, was not gonna walk through their area lugging my crap way back to vehicle.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The problem is - and this applies to both fish and people cops - is we've gone away from "peace officer" whose job it was to simply keep the peace and generally keep things going to "law enforcement" - which means make sure everyone lines up in their box and conforms.

Me

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You should never provide any information to police on any kind. Game wardens included. You must not answer questions and make it plain to the officer that all 1sr, 3rd, 4th, and 5th amendment rights are yours and you do not give consent. Provide minimum information, I.e. license and DL, hunting license info, but no other data or info. Any thing can and will be held against you at any time. Keep your damm mouth shut at all times.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
We had a cool young new CO in my home county.
Had to call him on some stuff going on in our deer woods.
Good guy. Level headed.

So you know, he transferred.

New guy is a bit different, checked me for a doe tag a yr ago. Told him who we were, the crap thats gone on, where the trouble comes from....and aint seen him since.

Will call him first trail cam pic of neighbor dumbazz.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Saw one show where they pulled their guns on a fella that had a crappie 1/4" too short. Bunch of idiots with guns and badges.

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
In fairness, I've got to say that in 50 years of hunting and fishing, I've only encountered CO's in the field 3 or 4 times. All were positive experiences.
OTOH, while deer hunting out-of-state, I was once suspected of being a CO by some locals. Maybe because of short hair and being clean shaved? My only guess.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Ran into one in the mountains of colorado.
Dude was super cool.

Poachers cleaned out a hot spot near me, we yote hunted it after deer season. Got checked twice. The deer and turkey were shot out by the time they did patrols. Economy took a dump then and I figured locals filled their freezers. CO was decent enough, just late to the party....which we pointed out.

Had one jerk local, short dude. He was forced to retire. His antics made the paper.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Been checked once bowfishing, twice dove hunting, twice yote hunting, four times deer hunting and once elk hunting.

Everything fine. They got a job to do, no big deal.

When you hunt 5 or 6 diff counties your odds go up on CO interaction I reckon. Non local.gets you noticed.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Local sherriff is cool.
Deer got hit down the road from our hunting spot, came down and asked us if we could get it out of peoples yard.
Wrote a tag for it.......free straps for minimal work.

Sweet ( only good stuff left on that poor deer ).

Two way street usually, interaction.

Most of the CO/LE stuff is a fishing expedition.
But when they realize youre not stupid, know the game.....and everything checks out

.....they know they need to fish elsewhere from then on.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I dunno how realistic....but watching NWL
...why do so many people drive out to state land to get high?

The meth and needles.....that big a prob up there?

Damn. If youre gonna be in the woods/ water....shouldnt you be fishing or hunting?

Stay the hell home if you wanna be fugged up

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford

Game wardens only harass White people. I seen it right there on teevee.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
They dart the non whites LMFAO

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My buddy I duck hunt and fish with is a guide and runs 2 major pro fishing tournament series here in Tx and La. Game wardens don't hassle him or his clients, in return he turns in people running illegal gill nets and trotlines because nothing goes on out there that he doesn't hear about through connections.

One of the wardens use to come over to his house and have a few beers with us after work, maybe even take a couple of hits of a joint, my Buddy smokes. We would be out hunting and my buddy would call him up and ask him can you run your boat that big raft of ducks at so and so and put them for us.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll watch it if I am scanning the channels and its on

Mostly for the scenery

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Raeford

Haven't forgotten them nor Live PD. The only thing I've forgotten is to watch A&E.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Don't know how it is in the rest of the states but from all I've read KY F&G field wardens are small in numbers but have a bunch of territory to cover.

Also, don't know if their pay has improved but a few years ago I read an article stating that in some states those in entry level positions and had dependents often qualified for food stamps and other welfare assistance programs.

Several years back I stopped in at a local convenience store right at dark and encountered a group of young warden trainees all in a tizzy trying to buy 6 volt batteries for their lanterns. The store didn't stock 6 volt batteries so they were even asking customers if they had any they would sell. From what I could gather they were hoping to bust some coon hunters they were told were illegally doing something out of season but apparently they forgot to make sure they had batteries for their lanterns.

I've only been checked twice that I can recall, once while fishing with wife and kids and before that had two stop their vehicle and checked my license and tag upon seeing me dressing out a deer in the back yard. Apparently that's how they did their checking during opening weekend as I saw them doing the same around town several times later that day.

The time we were fishing was interesting in that as the F&G warden checked us he noticed a couple of rough looking dudes and a equally rough looking woman who had been fishing a little ways up from us all of a sudden drop their fishing poles and walked briskly off to an old, shabby motor home, leaving all their tackle behind laying on the lake bank. Game warden said, "now that's really odd..." Last we saw was he was headed that way. From the suspicious way they acted my guess was no fishing licenses was the very least of their concerns.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (240NMC, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 61 invisible), 2,262 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,281
Posts18,486,813
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.