Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
They'll go after anything resembling a weapon, as we all know. But it is true that "long range hunters" deserve some blame if "sniper rifles" get banned. Bragging about half-mile hunting was and is stupid. As well as - this is my personal opinion - totally unethical.

How is it "unethical?"

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by 16bore
From the article:

Agents detail what they found during a search warrant inside Munchel’s home, which included 15 firearms, assault rifles, a sniper rifle with a tripod, other rifles, shotguns, and pistols, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

So:
15 firearms
Assault rifles
Sniper rifle with tripod
Other rifles
Shotguns
Pistols

You think they embellished the “find” a little? Phuqqin idiots.

One word.

Cawps.

If you don't think a schit ton bunch of them are assisting in the disarmament of America, I got news for ya.

LEO would probably be considered “exempt”, so there you go.....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by smokepole
I wonder how they will classify my bevy of military flintlock muskets???

"Unconventional weapons that have historically been used for asymmetric warfare."

See!!!

You need a plan to make 'em symmetrical.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shoulda known when slow Joe had glass put up around the reflecting pool.

Figure you steal an election and paranoia level among the thieves and machine riggers gonna ratchet up.

Oh and the genius who named his site snipers hide.
Effing jackass staked himself down for the jackals

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
But it is true that "long range hunters" deserve some blame if "sniper rifles" get banned. Bragging about half-mile hunting was and is stupid. As well as - this is my personal opinion - totally unethical.

Bullshat! mad

Holy crap, dude.

People are free to hunt any damn way they want as long as it's legal.

Ethics are always subjective. No exceptions.

What are you going to throw under the bus next? The guys that win long range shooting competitions? 500 yard black powder Schuetzen rifles?

The Commies will be offended at ANYTHING. Don't side with them. (Or do side with them, like Cowgirl Tim did... Up to you.)

Last time I checked, we are free nation with a 2nd Amendment. You start worrying about what offends the Left, they'll take everything you have.

Maybe he’s just pissed he can’t make that shot?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't forget hollyjollywood

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Domestic terrorist, with sniper rifle.

[Linked Image from sharetheoutdoors.com]

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I wonder how they will classify my bevy of military flintlock muskets???

"Unconventional weapons that have historically been used for asymmetric warfare."

See!!!

You need a plan to make 'em symmetrical.

Working on it! 🤣

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
They'll go after anything resembling a weapon, as we all know. But it is true that "long range hunters" deserve some blame if "sniper rifles" get banned. Bragging about half-mile hunting was and is stupid. As well as - this is my personal opinion - totally unethical.

Dipschidt post of the thread.

Congrats.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But it is true that "long range hunters" deserve some blame if "sniper rifles" get banned. Bragging about half-mile hunting was and is stupid. As well as - this is my personal opinion - totally unethical.

Bullshat! mad

Holy crap, dude.

What are you going to throw under the bus next? The guys that win long range shooting competitions? 500 yard black powder Schuetzen rifles?

The Commies will be offended at ANYTHING. Don't side with them. (Or do side with them, like Cowgirl Tim did... Up to you.)

Last time I checked, we are free nation with a 2nd Amendment. You start worrying about what offends the Left, they'll take everything you have.

PREZACTLY!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hastings
A bolt action rifle with a telescope on it and capable of a 300 yard shot will be a sniper rifle and a weapon of war only needed by the military. Just wait. There has already been some angst over private ownership of scoped rifles.

About 20+ years worth.

They've already written the legislations. The so called ..50 cal ban also targets "sniper" rifles, which included any rifle with a free floated barrel.

Think about that.

Bed the action, free float the barrel, put a scope on it, now it's a "sniper rifle".

Yes Fudd, they are coming for your wood and blued rifles. After all, both the Remington 700 and Winchester model 70 were used by snipers in Vietnam.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Bullshat! mad

Holy crap, dude.

X2

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F u c k ing wake up......Dems are after all guns! Doesn't matter what color, brand, style. It's about control. Go hide!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Total confiscation is the end game. How can some not see that?

Exactly. And we should see any attempt in this direction in rhetoric or legislation as an overt personal criminal assault. It blows my mind that people want to bitch and whine on the internet, but have yet to take this stuff personally or seriously.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I'll respectfully take counterpoint. I seriously doubt the overwhelming majority of those that would seek to ban "sniper" rifles are at all informed on long range hunting.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by M3taco
Don't think for a second the black powder shooting community is safe. Wait till the CommieCrats figure out the BP is already classified as an "explosive" and not as an "accelerant" like modern smokeless. Imagine the headline if they found someone with 15lbs of "explosives".

It's already that way in NJ. BP can't be shipped to an individual here. Can't be bought in another state and brought here. Last summer I needed a can of ffffg for my flintlock. Found only one shop within a 50 mile radius that still sells real black powder. The cost? $55.00 for a 1lb. can! As he was making the sale, the shop owner told me, "Keep your receipt. Don't be surprised if you get a visit from the Feds."

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
"Nobody needs one of these weapons for hunting"
"Not sporting to shoot at animal at a thousand yards"

You can bet your ass these catch phrases will come.

Proud NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They are weak minded, weak willed idiots. Incapable of reasoned thought. Essentially they are bots.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Esox357
F u c k ing wake up......Dems are after all guns! Doesn't matter what color, brand, style. It's about control. Go hide!

Our friends who are Democrats and own guns have been denying this for years. Bout time for them to wake up.
Along with our Union friends whose jobs Joe killed yesterday.
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
They are weak minded, weak willed idiots. Incapable of reasoned thought. Essentially they are bots.

I assume you are talking about democrats ?? Something has set them on fire. Not just the January 6th issue. What or WHO is motivating them. Who is giving them their orders ? Is it nasty nancy ? Cryin' chucky schumer ? Who is the bot master ??

I think it's China. The dems have been getting signals from Chinese leadership they are in their corner. The dems are not out to get even, they are out to CONTROL. This whole issue is getting dangerous to traditional Conservatives.

I want to see details.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 10Glocks, 2UP, 32 invisible), 1,695 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,289
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.