Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Sorry you are having trouble with your rifle. You would think they would take care of it. Bad word of mouth is the worst thing for a business. After reading about yours, I won’t buy one.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I guess that I should buy another Lotto ticket. I have owned a M48 Nosler Patriot rifle for pushing two years now. Its chambered in 280AI. It shoots well under 1 MOA with factory ammunition and with my hand loads over bags. The factory supplied target showed pretty much the same results. Shooting a rifle over bags can sometimes result in exposing pilot errors very easily. Just sayin'....

I'm happy with its performance. At the time I paid just over $1k out the door..

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
1200?

Thats basically a fancy Remington.

What does a fancy Remington run these days?

I think he means that the Nosler is basically a tarted up Remington - sizzle, no steak etc.

Yes.

If a person wants a rifle, they should either spend less than 1200...or quite a bit more.

The 1200 dollar range is where there is no "get what you paid for" quality.

A savage axis with a better name and a nicer stock.......

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by deflave
1200?

Thats basically a fancy Remington.

What does a fancy Remington run these days?

I think he means that the Nosler is basically a tarted up Remington - sizzle, no steak etc.

Yes.

If a person wants a rifle, they should either spend less than 1200...or quite a bit more.

The 1200 dollar range is where there is no "get what you paid for" quality.

A savage axis with a better name and a nicer stock.......

Well said - there's the top and the bottom - the middle is considerably full of "not worth it" from an ROI/value perspective.

IMO 1200 isn't top or bottom.

Me

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I’m pretty sure a dressed up Remington is gonna break right at $1200.

And be a damn fine rifle.

And so should the Nosler.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
All of this talk makes me think my old rifle is worth way more than what I paid for it a little over 40 years ago.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jim1611
All of this talk makes me think my old rifle is worth way more than what I paid for it a little over 40 years ago.

And for the curios, what kind of rifle might that be?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I bought a Nosler Custom in 28 Nosler it was a goat phuuck from the start. For God sakes it's Nosler's own creation and they can't even build a rifle around it.I shot patterns rather than groups sent it back they confirmed they were having same results....I told them the only way that they were going to make me happy was a full refund which to their credit they did

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
They did hire the son of the owner of the now defunct MRC company as a production manager.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Hey Daniel,

I am sorry, time has gotten away from me today! My gunsmith took a look over the rifle and didn’t find anything visually wrong. He did mentioned that the trigger had been adjusted to a lighter pull weight and was not properly set. The rifle has been cleaned and sent down to our ballistics lab to be tested for accuracy. This will give us a good indication about what is going on and we will have a baseline to begin our diagnosis. I will let you know when I am provided the results from our lab.

Thanks,

Daniel Michels
Rifle Sales Coordinator

800.285.3701. ext:1082

Hello Dan,

My gunsmith just sent me an update regarding your M48 Long Range 28 Nosler. After cleaning the barrel and re-setting the trigger to 3 lbs, he sent it to the lab to be tested. Our ballistics lab found results similar to what you were experiencing with our 160gr AccuBond load. They also tried our match bullets just to see what they would do and actually produced a very good group. My gunsmith is checking out everything on the barrel currently and is determining the next step for this rifle. I will let you know when he provides me more information regarding the next step.

Thanks,

Daniel Michels
Rifle Sales Coordinator

My response

This is quite disturbing since I was told that this rifle was sub MOA and test fired with 160 gr factory Accubonds. I purchased this very expensive hunting rifle to shoot hunting bullets not match bullets,I've already spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on ammo,bullets,powder ect. The rifle isn't chambered in conjunction with the magazine box. At this point I'd prefer a full refund and call the whole thing a loss in regards to time and money spent chasing accuracy that was guaranteed with the exact ammo and bullet I have been shooting. This rifle should have never left the plant so this leaves me very skeptical about quality control and your smiths capabilities. This isn't a $399 rifle from Walmart it's a $2500.00 rifle I expect much more that what I received. Again I believe at this point a full refund is what it will take to make things right.

Thank you

Hello Daniel,

I am very sorry and understand your frustration. My team is working to determine the cause of the poor accuracy with this rifle and what they can do to get it repaired. If you would prefer to be refunded for the purchase, I am happy to ask my accounting department to issue a credit back to your card and we will take possession of this rifle. This is not what should be expected from a Nosler rifle and we deeply apologize that this has been your experience. Please confirm how you would like to proceed and I will make sure it happens.

Thanks,

Daniel Michels
Rifle Sales Coordinator

danielmnosler.com

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I have made some minor modifications to get past our profanity filters.

Don't care if you call me a whiny cundt.

Now I am pissed

At this point I don't care what you do with the rifle. If and when I get it back, and I honestly don't care if I get it back at all. If you'd like, you are welcome to hang it in your office

I'll close out by telling you this is going to be an ugly divorce. I participate in a large number of internet discussion forums, to include your own Nosler Forum. A copy and paste of this email string is going to be posted on all of them so that consumers can get a glimpse of what Nosler has become.

Really Pissed,
Paul

laugh laugh laugh

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

Now I am pissed

At this point I don't care what you do with the rifle. If and when I get it back, and I honestly don't care if I get it back at all. If you'd like, you are welcome to hang it in your office

I'll close out by telling you this is going to be an ugly divorce. I participate in a large number of internet discussion forums, to include your own Nosler Forum. A copy and paste of this email string is going to be posted on all of them so that consumers can get a glimpse of what Nosler has become.

Really Pissed,
Paul

laugh laugh laugh

+1. Whiny chunt seems to be the best operative words there....

A typical Paul response with or without Spandex stopping blood flow to his brain.

I bet Nosler was crushed to know that he shared his whiny chunt message with more than just one internet forum.. laugh

Last edited by BayouRover; 01/22/21.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Nosler was getting their barrels from pac-nor which was shut down for over a year and I think started up in early last year. Wonder if they got a bad barrel from old production and couldn't get a replacement or got a bad one from the new stuff.

Deserve's got nuthin to do with it- Willam H Munny
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Adkstalker
Call Jim Borden...he’ll make you a great rifle

Barnboy is not into sure things
looking aT the stuff he buys he
prefers to piss his money away
on the lotteries..

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BayouRover
I guess that I should buy another Lotto ticket. I have owned a M48 Nosler Patriot rifle for pushing two years now. Its chambered in 280AI. It shoots well under 1 MOA with factory ammunition and with my hand loads over bags. The factory supplied target showed pretty much the same results. Shooting a rifle over bags can sometimes result in exposing pilot errors very easily. Just sayin'....

I'm happy with its performance. At the time I paid just over $1k out the door..

You got what I hoped for, and I am glad it worked out for you. Mine didn't come with a test target. As a shooter, I am just okay over bags. I have managed to coax quite a few hunting rifles into 3 shot groups from MOA down to half MOA. Everything from rimfire to 30-06, to 35 Whelen to 45-70 full house reloads. I am not going to win any competitions that's for sure. Is there any human error that you know of that could cause this kind of target strike? Nosler ammo in their rifle that is twisted for it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

I am sorry, time has gotten away from me today!

Thanks,

Daniel Michels
Rifle Sales Coordinator

Looks like a recurring theme.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Thanks,

Daniel Michels
Rifle Sales Coordinator

Give him a break, he's obviously a busy man.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Thanks,

Daniel Michels
Rifle Sales Coordinator

Give him a break, he's obviously a busy man.

I wonder why he is so busy. You wouldn't think that the "Rifle Sales Coordinator" would be a busy job at a place that doesn't push out a lot of rifles.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Huntz
I only know one guy that owns a Nosler rifle.It is one of the early Customs in 300WSM and really shoots good,but the stocks sucks big time.When you spend good money you should expect a quality product.I suggest your next rifle be built by a reputable gunsmith or buy another Tikka.Do they supply a test target with the rifle?

I have held two Nosler rifles that have passed thru my LGS. Both stocks felt thick thru the wrist like a B&C Alaskan. Mentally wrote them off based solely on stock ergos...

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

Now I am pissed

Really Pissed,
Paul

laugh laugh laugh

+1. Whiny chunt seems to be the best operative words there....

A typical Paul response with or without Spandex stopping blood flow to his brain.

I bet Nosler was crushed to know that he shared his whiny chunt message with more than just one internet forum.. laugh

I think you'll find that any reputable company, and I think that includes Nosler, takes complaints very seriously. Especially if they are thoughtfully written, as this one was. They would assume that someone taking the time to write would be very concerned. They would wonder if other customers had similar complaints, and just didn't write them. They would worry that five or six others, who just didn't write, might have given up on their company. They would check internally to see if they screwed up. Congress used to assume that every letter on a subject reflected the views of 3 constituents. Nowadays, it would be more, due to posting on places like 24HCF.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1234, 12344mag, 219DW, 1OntarioJim, 47 invisible), 2,225 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,133
Posts18,483,919
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.