Home
Posted By: PaulBarnard My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Here is the email I just sent them. I have made some minor modifications to get past our profanity filters. I decided not to post the entire email string. Should anyone have legitimate doubts as to the veracity of my claims, I can post the string, but it won't reflect anything different from my summary.

As always I welcome any and all feedback. Don't care if you call me a whiny cundt.

Daniel:

I am going to level with you. Initially I was disappointed in Nosler over this. Now I am pissed. If you review the email string you will see a chain of failures on your part. I'll delineate those failures. "You" means Nosler.

1. You failed to execute proper manufacturing of the rifle
2. You failed to exercise the level of QC that would have trapped the error at the manufacturing facility.
3. When you sent the email that authorized the return of the defective rifle, you told me you'd email me when you got it. You did not email me when you got it. I had to nudge you for that info.
4. When I asked for an estimate of turn around time you said you'd soon know and implied you'd communicate that to me. You did not communicate that to me. I had to nudge you twice to get you to tell me that it was a bad barrel that would have to be replaced.
5. After not hearing from you for roughly 2 months, I messaged you to check on my gun. At that point you told me it should be ready by the end of December. Here we are 3 weeks beyond the end of December, and I haven't heard anything. We are running up on nearly 5 months of the rifle being back in your hands.

I am well aware that we are in unusual times due to Covid and the rush on guns. When I sent my Christensen Arms Mesa back for failure to eject, they told me right up front that they'd turn it around very quickly and they did. When I had to send my Remington 700 HS Precision back for a cracked stock and failure to feed they told me it would take about 12 weeks. I knew what to expect. I got the gun back in about 11 weeks, and I didn't burden them with any communication in the interim. Both of those were during Covid and the rush on guns. Hell, Remington did that with one foot in the corporate grave.

From my seat you have issues. You are certainly mismanaging communications. You may be trying to placate me by telling me it will be ready soon. Nobody likes to be bullschidt. You may be overwhelmed. If that's the case you should have told me right up front. You may just be really bad at customer service. Whatever the reason, you have me utterly disgusted at the gagglefugk that has been this gun purchase and repair.

Put yourself in my shoes. I have been a lifelong Nosler bullet fan and a recent Nosler brass convert. I have trusted the best hunts of my life to your bullets. It was that confidence that led me to "treat myself" to a Nosler rifle. What am I supposed to think?

Nosler has lost me. I just placed a heavy order with Swift. There is nothing your Accubonds and Partitions will do that their Sciroccos and A-Frames won't do. At this point I don't care what you do with the rifle. If and when I get it back, I am going to sell it, and I honestly don't care if I get it back at all. If you'd like, you are welcome to hang it in your office as a reminder of how not to treat a customer. I want nothing to do with Nosler anymore. You've lost my trust.

I'll close out by telling you this is going to be an ugly divorce. I participate in a large number of internet discussion forums, to include your own Nosler Forum. A copy and paste of this email string is going to be posted on all of them so that consumers can get a glimpse of what Nosler has become.

Really Pissed,
Paul
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Never buy a used rifle from Paul !!!!
Grins.

Man, you’ve had some rifle issues for sure!

Good letter.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Crappy actions to begin with. Now that I think of it, Jim Shockey is no longer associated with them. Good choice of the bullet changeover though smile
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Bike riders. Sheesh.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Grins.

Good letter.

Whats this guys deal?

He would find something wrong with a rock tied to a string.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Bike riders. Sheesh.

It wasn't my bike hunting rifle.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Grins.

Good letter.

Whats this guys deal?

He would find something wrong with a rock tied to a string.

Was the string made in China?
Posted By: 5sdad Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Grins.

Good letter.

From my years of reading the 'fire, it seems that a person should never buy a used rifle from anyone. (I must have been lucky.)
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Grins.

Good letter.

From my years of reading the 'fire, it seems that a person should never buy a used rifle from anyone. (I must have been lucky.)

I very rarely buy used rifles. Reading all the "sent it down the road" comments makes me leery. I am second guessing that decision.
Posted By: Adkstalker Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Call Jim Borden...he’ll make you a great rifle
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
I agree in every regard that Nosler's behavior has been unprofessional and inexcusable. And strangely, they seem apathetic. I don't understand that. It seems that people in general have forgotten how business works.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I agree in every regard that Nosler's behavior has been unprofessional and inexcusable. And strangely, they seem apathetic. I don't understand that. It seems that people in general have forgotten how business works.

No, I think that people (sellers) want to change how business works, and people (buyers) are content to make excuses for them and allow it.
Posted By: Higginez Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
And your new boxes suck too!

JeffO
Posted By: SKane Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

There is nothing your Accubonds and Partitions will do that their Sciroccos and A-Frames won't do.

Based on my experiences with the SII's in multiple rifles/chamberings, there is one thing the AB's and Partitions will do that the S-II's generally haven't (for me). whistle whistle

I'm not making excuses for them, but I'm guessing they contract the rifle stuff?
Posted By: slumlord Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
I wrote a letter to Dish Network like that once.

They said they had 13 million customers, have a nice day.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by Higginez

JeffO

Bahahahaha!🤣🤣🤣
Paul,
I’m interested to know how this turns out with Nosler.

There’s been 2 for sale recently on Louisiana Sportsman Classifieds.

Good luck and don’t let off, keep the pressure on them.

No, I think that people (sellers) want to change how business works, and people (buyers) are content to make excuses for them and allow it.

Again, these people have forgotten how business works. They may be trying to adopt a model of business that doesn't work, but I can't imagine that they would intentionally use a failing business model. After all, they still advertise heavily. They still carefully protect and foster their brand. They've been in business long enough to understand that widespread positive brand recognition doesn't mean schit if they can't simply deliver. "Put up or shut up" is THE thing in business. Like I said, they seem to have forgotten that.
Posted By: Teal Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
What does a Nosler rifle do that a good dozen rifles/riflemakers can't/won't do - other than say "Nosler" on it?
Posted By: Clarkm Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
One thing I can say about "Nosler" is Barlien will not sell me a 2B rifle because I will blow it up with 26 Nosler... I don't even have that reamer.

I LOVE Nosler bullets.

Nosler load books are as fake as climate change...but not as bad as Speer.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by Adkstalker

Or two or three. Aint no doubt about it!

I have about 25 hunting rifles & have yet to return any of them for any reason.c
Posted By: Clarkm Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by slumlord

The worst employee moral of any big company...... has something to do with drilling holes in people's houses.
Bike riders. Sheesh.

Gotta be high precision to hit them in the tubes....
Or do yo go for the sprockets?
Plenty of deserving ones in Seattle and Portland this time of year.
Just look for the fires....
Posted By: 12344mag Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21

JeffO

Lol, Has anyone one figured out how to open them yet?

are content to make excuses for them and allow it.

I could not agree more strongly. That excuse making mindset is pervasive in boating circles. When a minimal offshore fishing boat or a nice glittery bass boat costs 70-80K new, you expect that the manufactures would invest a modicum of effort in QC. They don't as a matter of routine.
Originally Posted by SKane

There is nothing your Accubonds and Partitions will do that their Sciroccos and A-Frames won't do.

Based on my experiences with the SII's in multiple rifles/chamberings, there is one thing the AB's and Partitions will do that the S-II's generally haven't (for me). whistle whistle

I'm not making excuses for them, but I'm guessing they contract the rifle stuff?

Educate me brother!

Again, these people have forgotten how business works. They may be trying to adopt a model of business that doesn't work, but I can't imagine that they would intentionally use a failing business model. After all, they still advertise heavily. They still carefully protect and foster their brand. They've been in business long enough to understand that widespread positive brand recognition doesn't mean schit if they can't simply deliver. "Put up or shut up" is THE thing in business. Like I said, they seem to have forgotten that.

That too is a fair assessment.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
You certainly have had seriously bad luck with some higher end rifles.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Bike riders. Sheesh.

Gotta be high precision to hit them in the tubes....
Or do yo go for the sprockets?
Plenty of deserving ones in Seattle and Portland this time of year.
Just look for the fires....

The crankset is like the heart. The cassette is like the lungs. The frame is like the legs. The riders spine is like the spine.
Originally Posted by muleshoe

Thank you for pointing that out. Would you like for me to buy you a lottery ticket today?
Posted By: horse1 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21

Educate me brother!

Neither Scirocco nor Scirocco II possess easy to obtain accuracy attributes. I tried the .277 and .308 Sic's in several rifles that are accurate with multiple other projectiles yet those rifles seemed to reject the Sic's vehemently.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by 12344mag

JeffO

I had to build a machine for it.
Posted By: efw Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Sorry to hear this man that’s rough but you’re doing the right thing making others aware.

Too many companies have forgotten that we’re ALL in the customer business and nothing is more important than good communication for customers. It’s so basic and easy these days seems inexcusable.
Originally Posted by efw
Sorry to hear this man that’s rough but you’re doing the right thing making others aware.

Too many companies have forgotten that we’re ALL in the customer business and nothing is more important than good communication for customers. It’s so basic and easy these days seems inexcusable.

Yep.
And the net reaches a long way.
Originally Posted by efw

It's very easy to track "I Owe Yous" Modern technology easily allows e-notifications to yourself if you are so busy that simple handwritten notes aren't adequate. If I tell someone I am going to follow up on something, I set a notification of some sort.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21

I think you're right about them farming out the rifle business. Seems JB wrote about that.

So, they may have only peripheral control over that, but IMO, if you put your name on a product, you'd better be careful about CS and follow up.

Or, don't put your name on something you can't service or have control over.

DF
Posted By: steve4102 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
I went over to the Nosler site and opened your thread.

I didn’t see any Nosler boys chiming in to comment or offer help.

I did see the mod FOTIS make a short comment , but nothing substantial.

What cartridge is it chambered in?

Not a 26 Nosler by chance?
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21

JeffO

Hammer.
Originally Posted by steve4102

6 Creed.
Posted By: HitnRun Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by slumlord

Welcome to the 21st century business model. When supply can’t meet demand, who cares if there is an unsatisfied customer. The ownership is probably made up of a bunch of suits and ties that don’t know a bullet from a vacuum cleaner.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

JeffO

Hammer.

Fire. They're like pine cones.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
In the good old days we walked into the gun store and bought what we wanted. If there was a problem we went back and talked face to face. If you ask me our new way of communicating stinks. It's very hard to build trust and relations that way and often what is built is misleading or misunderstood. Words on a screen have caused much trouble. Too bad about your rifle.

Starting to think its maybe....juuuuuust maybe....its not the rifles that have the problem. grin

Starting to think its maybe....juuuuuust maybe....its not the rifles that have the problem. grin

I accept full irresponsibility for all of it.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by efw

This. We need the declass.

Paul, i missed the thread concerning the problem with the rifle.

Could you please repost the link.

Sad to hear this about Nosler or the rifle.

Good luck with the problem
Originally Posted by Jim1611
In the good old days we walked into the gun store and bought what we wanted. If there was a problem we went back and talked face to face. If you ask me our new way of communicating stinks. It's very hard to build trust and relations that way and often what is built is misleading or misunderstood. Words on a screen have caused much trouble. Too bad about your rifle.

You are 100% correct on this. Back when I was a SAR controller, there was tension between the SAR controllers and the aviation units that were all too often called out on BS CYOA cases. We were separated physically from them and had very dissimilar professional backgrounds. Because we were located at different facilities, we never saw them, we didn't know who they were. As a consequence our interaction with them lacked any human element. I made the suggestion to my boss that all of our people go to the Air Station to meet them and that all of their personnel come to the Command Center to meet us. It made a massive difference. It's easier to be understanding and harder to be a digk when it is a human that you know who you are dealing with.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by efw

This. We need the declass.

Paul, i missed the thread concerning the problem with the rifle.

Could you please repost the link.

Sad to hear this about Nosler or the rifle.

Good luck with the problem

I didn't post it here. The thread on Nosler is here: https://forum.nosler.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=41286

It will be interesting to see if they allow it to stand as it is and as I update it with the above email.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21

6 Creed.

OTOH, i think some of us commented on those and recommended the 270. whistle

Sorry, Paul, i couldnt resist. Ive been reading too much Travis. wink
Originally Posted by jaguartx

6 Creed.

OTOH, i think some of us commented on those and recommended the 270. whistle

Sorry, Paul, i couldnt resist. Ive been reading too much Travis. wink

No need to apologize, I am fair game.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Another modern Oregon business gone the way of Columbia and Nike. Probably being ran by leftists now too. I used to stop at their shop in Bend on my way to the coast. I asked a guy why they had so much variation in their tip length on custom comp bullets. He told me he would explain it too me but doubted I'd understand the process. Total DB.

Then he told me how most of their 2nds weren't really seconds they just labeled them that way so they could sell them direct at a discount and not make their dealers mad. I told them I knew a few different dealers that wouldn't carry their bullets because of them undercutting them like that. He said what do you mean undercutting. I said I'd explain it to you but you wouldn't understand the process.

I haven't bought much from them since but I had a lifetime supply of partitions and accubonds already.

Bb
Posted By: Wtxj Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21

lol
Posted By: flintlocke Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Don't know anything, nothing, about Nosler's entry in the rifle business...but I can tell you that the bullet business operated by John Nosler's offspring is rife with nepotism, in-laws and all that implies. The person I know that worked there, said it is operated in an atmosphere of fear, retribution, intimidation, cliques, informers, very, very high proportion of female employees...about what you would expect in a 2nd and 3rd generation inherited business. My source told me the guys who work in production, maintenance, and testing are the great...but the rest, inspection, QC, packing, shipping, admin, PR ,create a very tense work environment.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Just saw and commented on your post on the Nosler forum.

P
Posted By: Huntz Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
I only know one guy that owns a Nosler rifle.It is one of the early Customs in 300WSM and really shoots good,but the stocks sucks big time.When you spend good money you should expect a quality product.I suggest your next rifle be built by a reputable gunsmith or buy another Tikka.Do they supply a test target with the rifle?
Posted By: z1r Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

Love how right below the post, it says in big, bold letters: "Excellence - Integrity - Service"

All of which seem absent in this case.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
That's a very good letter. What's the title of the guy you sent it to?

If I were the CEO and got a letter even remotely like that, it would be a subject at the next executive meeting. And then I would send you a letter thanking you and enclosing a gift certificate. Your rifle (if not already shipped) would be shipped the day after I got the letter.

Everybody who is not a moron knows it's a lot easier to keep existing customers than to gt new ones. There's nothing worse not doing what you told the customer you were going to do. If you can't follow through, for reasons out of your control, tell the customer and apologize.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Sounds kinda like my divorce from weatherby.
7mm fibermark 1985 or so.
Shot a solid MOB.. minute of barn door. With every load I tried.
Sent it down the road and have run custom builds ever since... Looking at the prices on the Noslers .. and the problems you've had ..
Get it your way and go custom..
All the years and all the builds I've only had one that I would consider a flop...
Dave
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Whatever is the opposite of a horseshoe up one’s exit port, Paul’s got it. Not only would I not let him buy my lottery ticket, I don’t want to stand near him in a thunderstorm or meteor shower.
Originally Posted by Huntz
I only know one guy that owns a Nosler rifle.It is one of the early Customs in 300WSM and really shoots good,but the stocks sucks big time.When you spend good money you should expect a quality product.I suggest your next rifle be built by a reputable gunsmith or buy another Tikka.Do they supply a test target with the rifle?

No test target was provided. Had they shot it with their factory match ammo they would have seen the keyholing and the associated abysmal grouping.
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Sent it down the road and have run custom builds ever since... Looking at the prices on the Noslers .. and the problems you've had ..
All the years and all the builds I've only had one that I would consider a flop...
Dave

I got what should have been a solid deal on this one at $1200 from Grab a Gun. At this point with my streak of bad luck with this tier of rifles, I'd go apeschidt if a custom was defective.
1200?

Thats basically a fancy Remington.

P

I doubt they are going to let that stand for long. But hey, if they are so busy they can't manage QC, maybe they won't have time to send me and my thread packing.
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Dave

I got what should have been a solid deal on this one at $1200 from Grab a Gun. At this point with my streak of bad luck with this tier of rifles, I'd go apeschidt if a custom was defective.

I'm hear to tell you it can happen.
Dave
Posted By: BobBrown Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by Wtxj

lol

No way
Find a local.
Young guy who's serious and hungry.
Avoid the me too , celebrity gunsmith.
Handy as heck to drop it off and get it back the next day.
Or in some cases the same day.
I'm spoiled that way.
My guy is a 15 minute drive from my house...handy

Dave
Posted By: lvmiker Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Well done letter .In the past it would have little impact but with todays networking thousands will know of Nosler's poor performance and worse CS. Cost of acquisition of customers is a major burden and should not be taken lightly.

Over many years as a hunter and shooter I have learned a hard lesson, stick w/ Glocks and Tikkasgrin

PS you must really enjoy typing.

mike r
Posted By: gunzo Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Was there any direct communication with anyone other than Daniel at Nosler ?

Hate to see one bad apple spoiling the entire company, If that would be the case.

Sorry if I've missed it if this info has been posted.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Was there any direct communication with anyone other than Daniel at Nosler ?

Hate to see one bad apple spoiling the entire company, If that would be the case.

Sorry if I've missed it if this info has been posted.

Only in the initial phone call.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Lots of presumptions being made here......this could be an isolated incident to their otherwise stellar service....or maybe not. Who knows?

I'd get Daniel on the phone again and tell him you want to talk to one of his bosses that can't be fired then visit with him about the situation. Maybe this Daniel guy is the only one who knows about it? It would be my job to make sure his superiors know about it, going all the way to the top if I had to. There will be someone in the chain that does care about your situation I guarantee. Emails can and do get lost in spam, etc all the time, and they likely get so many they may not read yours for days, weeks, ever, etc. I'd rather chew someon's azzz out face to face or on the phone than by email or text.
Posted By: deflave Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Here is the email I just sent them. I have made some minor modifications to get past our profanity filters. I decided not to post the entire email string. Should anyone have legitimate doubts as to the veracity of my claims, I can post the string, but it won't reflect anything different from my summary.

As always I welcome any and all feedback. Don't care if you call me a whiny cundt.

Daniel:

I am going to level with you. Initially I was disappointed in Nosler over this. Now I am pissed. If you review the email string you will see a chain of failures on your part. I'll delineate those failures. "You" means Nosler.

2. You failed to exercise the level of QC that would have trapped the error at the manufacturing facility.
3. When you sent the email that authorized the return of the defective rifle, you told me you'd email me when you got it. You did not email me when you got it. I had to nudge you for that info.
4. When I asked for an estimate of turn around time you said you'd soon know and implied you'd communicate that to me. You did not communicate that to me. I had to nudge you twice to get you to tell me that it was a bad barrel that would have to be replaced.
5. After not hearing from you for roughly 2 months, I messaged you to check on my gun. At that point you told me it should be ready by the end of December. Here we are 3 weeks beyond the end of December, and I haven't heard anything. We are running up on nearly 5 months of the rifle being back in your hands.

I am well aware that we are in unusual times due to Covid and the rush on guns. When I sent my Christensen Arms Mesa back for failure to eject, they told me right up front that they'd turn it around very quickly and they did. When I had to send my Remington 700 HS Precision back for a cracked stock and failure to feed they told me it would take about 12 weeks. I knew what to expect. I got the gun back in about 11 weeks, and I didn't burden them with any communication in the interim. Both of those were during Covid and the rush on guns. Hell, Remington did that with one foot in the corporate grave.

From my seat you have issues. You are certainly mismanaging communications. You may be trying to placate me by telling me it will be ready soon. Nobody likes to be bullschidt. You may be overwhelmed. If that's the case you should have told me right up front. You may just be really bad at customer service. Whatever the reason, you have me utterly disgusted at the gagglefugk that has been this gun purchase and repair.

Put yourself in my shoes. I have been a lifelong Nosler bullet fan and a recent Nosler brass convert. I have trusted the best hunts of my life to your bullets. It was that confidence that led me to "treat myself" to a Nosler rifle. What am I supposed to think?

Nosler has lost me. I just placed a heavy order with Swift. There is nothing your Accubonds and Partitions will do that their Sciroccos and A-Frames won't do. At this point I don't care what you do with the rifle. If and when I get it back, I am going to sell it, and I honestly don't care if I get it back at all. If you'd like, you are welcome to hang it in your office as a reminder of how not to treat a customer. I want nothing to do with Nosler anymore. You've lost my trust.

I'll close out by telling you this is going to be an ugly divorce. I participate in a large number of internet discussion forums, to include your own Nosler Forum. A copy and paste of this email string is going to be posted on all of them so that consumers can get a glimpse of what Nosler has become.

Really Pissed,
Paul

I don't think this was very well written. The comparisons to the service of multiple competitor's would get you written off as a serial whiner. Justified or not.

The last paragraph conveys they same.

I would just stick to the facts of the rifle they made and have yet to fix and keep the timeline in context.

Good luck regardless,
Clark
1200?

What does a fancy Remington run these days?
Originally Posted by deflave
1200?

I think he means that the Nosler is basically a tarted up Remington - sizzle, no steak etc.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

If I were the CEO and got a letter even remotely like that, it would be a subject at the next executive meeting. And then I would send you a letter thanking you and enclosing a gift certificate. Your rifle (if not already shipped) would be shipped the day after I got the letter.

Everybody who is not a moron knows it's a lot easier to keep existing customers than to gt new ones. There's nothing worse not doing what you told the customer you were going to do. If you can't follow through, for reasons out of your control, tell the customer and apologize.

If you were the CEO of anything, the company wouldn't last a single quarter.

LOL

If you were the CEO of anything, the company wouldn't last a single quarter.

LOL

Nice talk, dimbulb. It lasted a lot longer than that. If I had an old cussing drunk that couldn't address what people actually posted, that drumk wouldn't have lasted a day. Profit by the free advice.

Daniel:

Really Pissed,
Paul

I don't think this was very well written. The comparisons to the service of multiple competitor's would get you written off as a serial whiner. Justified or not.

The last paragraph conveys they same.

I would just stick to the facts of the rifle they made and have yet to fix and keep the timeline in context.

Good luck regardless,
Clark

Thank you for your considered response.
Posted By: CCCC Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Do you have a scabbard mounted on the bike?
Someone's thought that Nosler does not build the rifles seems pregnant - particularly in light of their messy communication.
Never having ordered a rifle to be built, and only having bought one new CF rifle in 60 years, I would probably be bonkers with the failures you have experienced.
Finding very good used rifles has been a blessing - often can learn a lot from interacting with the PO. If a guy is careful and knows a few things, that route seems to yield far better outcomes for the $$ spent.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
I've been anti Nosler since before it was vogue, but that's another story.

The OP does seem a bit whiney and overly demanding of rifles, but that's just my initial thoughts. I'd like to get Nosler's side of the story. Keep on keeping on, I guess.
Posted By: gahuntertom Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
When the M48 came out I bought a .308. The supplied target showed 1/2". It shot 2" groups off bags but 1/2" in a lead sled. Basically the fit on the stock.

I am pretty stupid. so 6 months later I bought a 260 off the local gun trader. Same thing 2" groups off the bags but 3/4" with the lead sled. I hate their stock & won't buy another Nosler rifle.
I think I can diagnose the root of the problem, but unfortunately it may not help Paul with his rifle.

What has been the source of Nosler's success? Innovative bullets with consistent quality.

Manufacturing bullets and ammunition is very different than manufacturing limited production rifles.

How many times do you use a bullet? Once, and it either works or it doesn't, but there aren't any bullet repairs to be made by the company regardless of outcome.

Additionally, the model for their core business is shipping product to distribution network(s) with retailers, not being the direct retailer. Their

Their rifle business is only tangentially related to their core business, and to be successful, those two business lines have different attributes. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread how 2nd and 3rd generation family members are involved in the family business. Internal pressure to start a new business line that a family member could run might be the reason for their rifle business. If you can reach the family member in charge of the rifle business you might get better attention.
Posted By: hanco Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Sorry you are having trouble with your rifle. You would think they would take care of it. Bad word of mouth is the worst thing for a business. After reading about yours, I won’t buy one.
Posted By: BayouRover Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
I guess that I should buy another Lotto ticket. I have owned a M48 Nosler Patriot rifle for pushing two years now. Its chambered in 280AI. It shoots well under 1 MOA with factory ammunition and with my hand loads over bags. The factory supplied target showed pretty much the same results. Shooting a rifle over bags can sometimes result in exposing pilot errors very easily. Just sayin'....

I'm happy with its performance. At the time I paid just over $1k out the door..
Originally Posted by Teal
1200?

I think he means that the Nosler is basically a tarted up Remington - sizzle, no steak etc.

Yes.

If a person wants a rifle, they should either spend less than 1200...or quite a bit more.

The 1200 dollar range is where there is no "get what you paid for" quality.

A savage axis with a better name and a nicer stock.......
Originally Posted by Teal
1200?

Yes.

If a person wants a rifle, they should either spend less than 1200...or quite a bit more.

The 1200 dollar range is where there is no "get what you paid for" quality.

A savage axis with a better name and a nicer stock.......

Well said - there's the top and the bottom - the middle is considerably full of "not worth it" from an ROI/value perspective.

IMO 1200 isn't top or bottom.
I’m pretty sure a dressed up Remington is gonna break right at $1200.

And be a damn fine rifle.

And so should the Nosler.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
All of this talk makes me think my old rifle is worth way more than what I paid for it a little over 40 years ago.
All of this talk makes me think my old rifle is worth way more than what I paid for it a little over 40 years ago.

And for the curios, what kind of rifle might that be?
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
I bought a Nosler Custom in 28 Nosler it was a goat phuuck from the start. For God sakes it's Nosler's own creation and they can't even build a rifle around it.I shot patterns rather than groups sent it back they confirmed they were having same results....I told them the only way that they were going to make me happy was a full refund which to their credit they did
They did hire the son of the owner of the now defunct MRC company as a production manager.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Hey Daniel,

I am sorry, time has gotten away from me today! My gunsmith took a look over the rifle and didn’t find anything visually wrong. He did mentioned that the trigger had been adjusted to a lighter pull weight and was not properly set. The rifle has been cleaned and sent down to our ballistics lab to be tested for accuracy. This will give us a good indication about what is going on and we will have a baseline to begin our diagnosis. I will let you know when I am provided the results from our lab.

Thanks,

Daniel Michels
Rifle Sales Coordinator

800.285.3701. ext:1082

Hello Dan,

My gunsmith just sent me an update regarding your M48 Long Range 28 Nosler. After cleaning the barrel and re-setting the trigger to 3 lbs, he sent it to the lab to be tested. Our ballistics lab found results similar to what you were experiencing with our 160gr AccuBond load. They also tried our match bullets just to see what they would do and actually produced a very good group. My gunsmith is checking out everything on the barrel currently and is determining the next step for this rifle. I will let you know when he provides me more information regarding the next step.

Thanks,

Daniel Michels
Rifle Sales Coordinator

My response

This is quite disturbing since I was told that this rifle was sub MOA and test fired with 160 gr factory Accubonds. I purchased this very expensive hunting rifle to shoot hunting bullets not match bullets,I've already spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars on ammo,bullets,powder ect. The rifle isn't chambered in conjunction with the magazine box. At this point I'd prefer a full refund and call the whole thing a loss in regards to time and money spent chasing accuracy that was guaranteed with the exact ammo and bullet I have been shooting. This rifle should have never left the plant so this leaves me very skeptical about quality control and your smiths capabilities. This isn't a $399 rifle from Walmart it's a $2500.00 rifle I expect much more that what I received. Again I believe at this point a full refund is what it will take to make things right.

Thank you

Hello Daniel,

I am very sorry and understand your frustration. My team is working to determine the cause of the poor accuracy with this rifle and what they can do to get it repaired. If you would prefer to be refunded for the purchase, I am happy to ask my accounting department to issue a credit back to your card and we will take possession of this rifle. This is not what should be expected from a Nosler rifle and we deeply apologize that this has been your experience. Please confirm how you would like to proceed and I will make sure it happens.

Thanks,

Daniel Michels
Rifle Sales Coordinator

[email protected]
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21

I have made some minor modifications to get past our profanity filters.

Don't care if you call me a whiny cundt.

Now I am pissed

At this point I don't care what you do with the rifle. If and when I get it back, and I honestly don't care if I get it back at all. If you'd like, you are welcome to hang it in your office

Really Pissed,
Paul

laugh laugh laugh
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

Now I am pissed

At this point I don't care what you do with the rifle. If and when I get it back, and I honestly don't care if I get it back at all. If you'd like, you are welcome to hang it in your office

Really Pissed,
Paul

laugh laugh laugh

+1. Whiny chunt seems to be the best operative words there....

A typical Paul response with or without Spandex stopping blood flow to his brain.

I bet Nosler was crushed to know that he shared his whiny chunt message with more than just one internet forum.. laugh
Nosler was getting their barrels from pac-nor which was shut down for over a year and I think started up in early last year. Wonder if they got a bad barrel from old production and couldn't get a replacement or got a bad one from the new stuff.
Posted By: Starman Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by Adkstalker

Barnboy is not into sure things
looking aT the stuff he buys he
prefers to piss his money away
on the lotteries..

Originally Posted by BayouRover
I guess that I should buy another Lotto ticket. I have owned a M48 Nosler Patriot rifle for pushing two years now. Its chambered in 280AI. It shoots well under 1 MOA with factory ammunition and with my hand loads over bags. The factory supplied target showed pretty much the same results. Shooting a rifle over bags can sometimes result in exposing pilot errors very easily. Just sayin'....

You got what I hoped for, and I am glad it worked out for you. Mine didn't come with a test target. As a shooter, I am just okay over bags. I have managed to coax quite a few hunting rifles into 3 shot groups from MOA down to half MOA. Everything from rimfire to 30-06, to 35 Whelen to 45-70 full house reloads. I am not going to win any competitions that's for sure. Is there any human error that you know of that could cause this kind of target strike? Nosler ammo in their rifle that is twisted for it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

I am sorry, time has gotten away from me today!

Thanks,

Daniel Michels
Rifle Sales Coordinator

Looks like a recurring theme.

Thanks,

Daniel Michels
Rifle Sales Coordinator

Give him a break, he's obviously a busy man.

Thanks,

Daniel Michels
Rifle Sales Coordinator

Give him a break, he's obviously a busy man.

I wonder why he is so busy. You wouldn't think that the "Rifle Sales Coordinator" would be a busy job at a place that doesn't push out a lot of rifles.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Originally Posted by Huntz

I have held two Nosler rifles that have passed thru my LGS. Both stocks felt thick thru the wrist like a B&C Alaskan. Mentally wrote them off based solely on stock ergos...
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

Now I am pissed

Really Pissed,
Paul

laugh laugh laugh

+1. Whiny chunt seems to be the best operative words there....

A typical Paul response with or without Spandex stopping blood flow to his brain.

I bet Nosler was crushed to know that he shared his whiny chunt message with more than just one internet forum.. laugh

I think you'll find that any reputable company, and I think that includes Nosler, takes complaints very seriously. Especially if they are thoughtfully written, as this one was. They would assume that someone taking the time to write would be very concerned. They would wonder if other customers had similar complaints, and just didn't write them. They would worry that five or six others, who just didn't write, might have given up on their company. They would check internally to see if they screwed up. Congress used to assume that every letter on a subject reflected the views of 3 constituents. Nowadays, it would be more, due to posting on places like 24HCF.

You got what I hoped for, and I am glad it worked out for you. Mine didn't come with a test target. As a shooter, I am just okay over bags. I have managed to coax quite a few hunting rifles into 3 shot groups from MOA down to half MOA. Everything from rimfire to 30-06, to 35 Whelen to 45-70 full house reloads. I am not going to win any competitions that's for sure. Is there any human error that you know of that could cause this kind of target strike? Nosler ammo in their rifle that is twisted for it.

Bore size or twist off? Or both?
Posted By: muleshoe Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21

Thank you for pointing that out. Would you like for me to buy you a lottery ticket today?

Yes, that would be very nice of you to do.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
I had a similar situation with a car i bought. I went to the dealer website and sent an email to everyone who was listed as a manager and made sure all of the people who had last names the same as the business name got a copy.

Within a half a day i had some answers. Turns out the service guy liked to keep his eff ups quiet.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/22/21
Maybe same here?
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21

Especially if they are thoughtfully written, as this one was.

I am not sure how thoughtful it was to call their operation a gagglefuck.
Originally Posted by blindshooter

Bore size or twist off? Or both?

They haven't told me the specifics, but I am guessing wrong twist.
Posted By: Starman Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
If you want to make money take PB to a casino
high roller roulette wheel, get him to put mimium
on a color and you max out on the other color,
pretty soon other patrons will be following you..😂
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21

Especially if they are thoughtfully written, as this one was.

I am not sure how thoughtful it was to call their operation a gagglefuck.

Gagglefuck can be thoughtful if it is indeed accurate. In reality, it sounds like it is a gagglefuck over there, given the amount of time that has gone by, and the slackness of the jaw of the man you've been dealing with.
Originally Posted by Starman
If you want to make money take PB to a casino
high roller roulette wheel, get him to put mimium
on a color and you max out on the other color,
pretty soon other patrons will be following you..😂

You might be onto to something there.
Posted By: SKane Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21

That looks like a target from an acquaintance that wanted help in sorting out issues with factory ammo in the 22.250 he had.
One look at the barrel revealed the problem - 250 Savage. crazy
Posted By: MadMooner Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
I'm starting to think there are three levels of QC in the firearms business.

Pass / Fail / and Send to Lousianna....
Who the hell buys a gun made by a bullet company? What’s next? A Michelin car?
Double sheesh!
Posted By: JSTUART Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21

Daniel:

Really Pissed,
Paul

Pointless, you have given them the rifle and removed any onus on them so far as repair goes.

Interesting hissy fit though.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

lololol
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Daniel:

Really Pissed,
Paul

Pointless, you have given them the rifle and removed any onus on them so far as repair goes.

Interesting hissy fit though.

Thank you for your considered response. Did you miss the part where I typed that I don't care if I get it back at all?

When I sent my Christensen Arms Mesa back for failure to eject, they told me right up front that they'd turn it around very quickly and they did.

Hey that's not bad, unlike the smith that thinks hes
really schit hot but delivered a rather expensive
M98 custom that the owner discovered wouldn't
feed rounds during the course of African safari...
but I heard the cosmetic appearance of the rig
was exceptional... 😂

I'd be frustratd about your Howa clone
but I wouldn't have cause to be livered.

I found Win cut a lousy chamber in a Pushfeed
featherweight, but they didn't think so.. oh well.

Posted By: Tarquin Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21

Daniel:

Really Pissed,
Paul

Honestly, I think you're over-reacting. Just how I see it.

Thank you for your considered response. Did you miss the part where I typed that I don't care if I get it back at all?

No, it was right next to the part where you gave up all rights to the rifle and any recourse for repair, and thereby giving away any right to whinge about your treatment and lack of consultation.

You effectively told them you are all good with the result so long as you can denigrate the company to anyone who will listen.

Have a good day counselor.
Not saying at all that Nosler isn't dropping the ball on this but....base on the email you sent, have you ever had a rifle that actually works? Maybe I should be the one buying a lottery ticket.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by Starman

When I sent my Christensen Arms Mesa back for failure to eject, they told me right up front that they'd turn it around very quickly and they did.

Hey that's not bad, unlike the smith that thinks hes
really schit hot but delivered a rather expensive
M98 custom that the owner discovered wouldn't
feed rounds during the course of African safari...
but I heard the cosmetic appearance of the rig
was exceptional... 😂

I'd be frustratd about your Howa clone
but I wouldn't have cause to be livered.

Anyone who goes on a hunt w/ an unproven rifle deserves to be baboon raped. Slap a SWFA scope on a Tikka and practice, practice, practice. You are welcome.

mike r

Daniel:

Really Pissed,
Paul

You had me at "rifle". Stopped reading after that. Why would anyone waste their hard earned money on one of those POS? I was all prepared to suggest SPS for bullets and quit whining because partitions cost too much at the stores. SPS... Long live SPS...
Posted By: SKane Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by horse1

Educate me brother!

Neither Scirocco nor Scirocco II possess easy to obtain accuracy attributes. I tried the .277 and .308 Sic's in several rifles that are accurate with multiple other projectiles yet those rifles seemed to reject the Sic's vehemently.

Prezactly this. They (SII) hated all otherwise accurate rifles I tried them in (.243, 270, 280 and 7SAUM) .
About the only thing they didn't do to offend is kick my dog.
Call out threads never go as intended 😂🤪🤘🏻
Posted By: lapua6547 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21

Re: Might buy a new Remington 700 - what to look out for [Re: SDblackhills]#1569313823 minutes ago
Online Content
PaulBarnard
Campfire 'Bwana

Metairie, LA
I don't know that there are any common problems that could be detected with a cursory examination. If the shop will let you cycle some ammo, that could help a little. It seems fairly common, among a number of manufacturers, for there to be chambering, extraction and ejection issues. 3 of my last three rifles had such problems.

Seems to be a trend.....

Prezactly this. They (SII) hated all otherwise accurate rifles I tried them in (.243, 270, 280 and 7SAUM) .
About the only thing they didn't do to offend is kick my dog.

I appreciate the info. I got my first shipment of Swift in yesterday. Fortunately I don't need precision in these applications. I'd like to be able to get precision out of the 224 S2, but I have TMKs and TGKs for that if I can't. Nosler has no alternative for the 312 100 grain bullet. I know from previous experience that the 240g 429 bullet works like a charm. The bottom line is that I will lose nothing in my divorce with Nosler. I can't help but think if Nosler will allow an abysmal level of manufacturing quality, quality control and customer service in their rifles, they'll allow it in their bullets too.
Posted By: overmax Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
I didn't finish reading the entire thread, so I apologize if I say something that's already been said. Op, it's unfortunate the customer service you are not receiving in reference to your rifle. But as they say never but a burger from a chicken joint and never buy chicken from a burger joint.

In the past several months since the co vid began most any business I've called for customer service regardless if it is local or out of state, big or small business, getting someone on the phone has been much more difficult than prior to co vid.

I know Nosler is not the only game in town but the only bullets I load in my big game rifles are Nosler bullets, and am well satisfied.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Hahahaha!
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
My hunting partner recently bought a new Nosler rifle in 28 Nosler. We tried every possible factory load in it. Most stuff shot 2.5 MOA, best was 2 MOA.
I tried a few handloads with known good loads using 180 Bergers. Same story.

I tore it apart. There was a dollop of bedding material the size of a dime under the barrel shank, big voids under receiver. Epoxy was binding up the guard screws. I drilled out the epoxy in the pillars and tried again. Went to 1. 5 MOA rifle. It went down the road. Very disappointing to see the shoddy workmanship on that gun
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by overmax
I didn't finish reading the entire thread, so I apologize if I say something that's already been said. Op, it's unfortunate the customer service you are not receiving in reference to your rifle. But as they say never but a burger from a chicken joint and never buy chicken from a burger joint.

In the past several months since the co vid began most any business I've called for customer service regardless if it is local or out of state, big or small business, getting someone on the phone has been much more difficult than prior to co vid.

I know Nosler is not the only game in town but the only bullets I load in my big game rifles are Nosler bullets, and am well satisfied.

So, is it the Winchester ammo I'm not supposed to buy, or the Winchester rifles? What about Remington? It's hard to figure out which is the chicken and which is the burger.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

It didn't catch me by surprise, in fact I'd say it's gone exactly as expected. This is from the OP "As always I welcome any and all feedback. Don't care if you call me a whiny cundt."

There are always those that enter into a thread for the sole purpose of trying to make it go in a direction other than intended. They are rarely clever, and small penises are a sad fact of life. Some sincerely believe it was the wrong approach. I am happy to hear from them, but unmoved.
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Went to 1. 5 MOA rifle. It went down the road.
I spoke of this earlier in this thread. It's the primary reason I buy few used guns.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21

It didn't catch me by surprise, in fact I'd say it's gone exactly as expected. This is from the OP "As always I welcome any and all feedback. Don't care if you call me a whiny cundt."

There are always those that enter into a thread for the sole purpose of trying to make it go in a direction other than intended. They are rarely clever, and small penises are a sad fact of life. Some sincerely believe it was the wrong approach. I am happy to hear from them, but unmoved.

Hahaha! Meow!
Posted By: krp Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
Haven't read the whole thread but from people I know that have bought a nosler rifle, they have been disappointed. Better to have a custom made in that caliber if that's what you want.

Kent
I've had several rifles that wouldn't shoot, 3 were customs. I started buying Tikkas and the headaches went away. My buddy bought a Tikka after seeing my luck and it wouldn't shoot. After fighting it for two years, he finally took that piece of schit Leupold off it and it instantly shot bugholes. Live and learn.
Posted By: BayouRover Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21

Hahaha! Meow!

+1 to the meow.

This dude seems clueless as he continues to gripe about any rifle he's ever owned. He is the common denominator in all cases. If you comment and try to help he has ready responses as to why you are dumb if you doesn't agree with his assessment. The only time he seems to be happy is when he's clothed in Spandex and on a bike or in a kayak. Then he likes to make everyone think that he's on top of his game. Very predictable.

I'm not saying this to defend the fact that I own a Model 48 rifle in 280AI that is a very good shooter with both factory ammo and my hand loads. Maybe I just got lucky..?? It just gets tiresome listening to him running down any rifle and the company that made it that doesn't perform well in his mind. His more than snarky contact with Nosler show his true form when he's not trying to impress the world. He needs to learn that honey attracts bees, and he needs to totally can his standard approach here and with outside company contacts he makes to vent his issues. But that would probably affect the length of his penis too, in his mind, since he seems to be fixated on that issue regularly.

Ye gads...!!!!!

It just gets tiresome listening to him running down any rifle that doesn't perform well in his mind.

Your crush on me is cute. In my mind LOL.

Posted By: BobBrown Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
#SpandexIsRidingUpMyCrack

It just gets tiresome listening to him running down any rifle that doesn't perform well in his mind.

More of the same.predictable attitude. In fact I wouldn't walk across the street if... I'll let you finish the rest.

From the picture you posted, there is not doubt that you have a rifle that is a problem. I hope that you get it all resolved. However, your "I am God" attitude that you expressed to Noler would make a healthy donkey puke. An you expect undying support from everyone here and at Nosler? Give me a break and grow up. As you mature, penis length and who you can label as being gay to boost you ego will become less of an issue for you....

More of the same.predictable attitude. In fact I wouldn't walk across the street if... I'll let you finish the rest.

No matter how hard you try, I am not turning gay for you. No dick pics either, so don't ask.

No matter how hard you try, I am not turning gay for you. No dick pics either, so don't ask.

LOL... You are an ambassador for your own sick mentality..........
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
All of this makes me think I need to start building rifles.

You don't like my style and you detest my content, yet oddly with so many of the threads I start, you can't resist. Like I said, the crush is cute. I'll do you a solid here and let you have the last word so you won't have the need to continually re-attend my sickness.
It took two years for one of my problem rifles to get rectified
I finally forgot about it and bought a new one in the meantime.

Ask Nosler what brand of hammer and vise grips they use.
Posted By: BOBBALEE Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21

I don't have anything useful to add, but will bolster my meteoric post count anyway.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21

Trick question! Theres vise grips and then locking pliers.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

I am shopping for a new 6 Creed as I type.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21

Gonna play Kimber roulette next?
Posted By: ChuckKY Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21

You don't like my style and you detest my content, yet oddly with so many of the threads I start, you can't resist. Like I said, the crush is cute. I'll do you a solid here and let you have the last word so you won't have the need to continually re-attend my sickness.

Easy there Paul, just remember you both are human beings. If you could meet face to face everything would be good. I got this this on good standing from someone on this board.
I think I'd buy a Browning if I wanted a 6 Creed...
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21

Paul I am self-employed. I started in the tool and die business in 1979 and my own job shop in 2000. I work alone. For years I've had a keen interest in building bolt action hunting rifles. I've not done it yet because of my work load with taking care of my customers and a reluctance to apply for my FFL. I will say though that were I to do it if there was a problem I'd be the guy you'd call and one way or another the problem would be taken care of. So when I made the comment it was absolutely not tongue in cheek or sarcastic. It's been brewing in my mind for a long time. I learned my trade from guys that could build anything and do it better than most. I also take great pride in my work.

I was thinking of making that the end of my post but... Al Bisen, some of you may remember his rifles, was one of the best from what I read. Why? One reason is that he knew what to do and how to do it. Nosler started years ago with very a small beginning. John Browning likely added more to our gun world than any human that ever lived. Paul Mauser is another that comes to my mind. These people weren't part of an existing corporation that wanted to add a line to their product line, like Nosler. There is a difference. It's called having a passion. It's hard to get that in people you hire. That's what places like Nosler face. My point is custom today is not what it once was. That one man on a mission to build the best will always do better than the one just getting a paycheck.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
Jim1611 has made some damn good points. Paul you have to much money this makes you buy high dollar stuff that doesn't pan out to your expectations. If you would have bought a Howa or a vanguard your expectations would have been less and the gun would have shot better but you spent a pile and expected a one holer. You need to get serious and quit throwing money around like a whore. Oh yeah get rid of that stupid avatar it's hard to take you serious with that picture to associate you with. Really dude
Posted By: UPhiker Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Oh yeah get rid of that stupid avatar it's hard to take you serious with that picture to associate you with. Really dude
How do you know that's just an avatar?

I also take great pride in my work.

. It's called having a passion. It's hard to get that in people you hire.

That really says it all. Like most of us I have had some menial jobs in my days. Even with those I wanted to deliver excellence.
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

Easy there Paul, just remember you both are human beings. If you could meet face to face everything would be good. I got this this on good standing from someone on this board.

I'll take your word for it, but he still isn't getting dick pics.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
I've never owned a Nosler rifle and don't expect to.

I like Nosler bullets for shooting game and will continue to buy them for that purpose.

'Sorry that you had a bad experience, but manufacturing is a process and even the best, most mature, and proven processes can ship an occasional lemon.
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21

Does Bergara make a 6 creed? They seem like decent rifles for the $.
Originally Posted by ruffcutt

Does Bergara make a 6 creed? They seem like decent rifles for the $.

Funny you mention that. I was on their website about 30 minutes ago. If they make one in a more traditional style hunting rifle I didn't see it.
Posted By: LeeC Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
Of all the new BS to come out, there is only one that has my attention.
Its the Savage 110 Ultralight with a proof research barrel 1200.00.
Just the barrel is 900.00. I am not a savage fan, but this is one that I might break down and have to have.
Not decided on caliber but it come in 6, 6.5 creed 270, 27, 28 nosler, 300wsm.
I would bet god money that this will be a huge success, and a great shooter.
Posted By: CSBfan Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
Handled a Nosler M48 today at Cabelas. Felt like a really nice Howa. I liked it a lot from what I could tell. OP - if you get your rifle back, send it my way!
Posted By: CGPAUL Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/23/21
Good for you. I would think they don`t get enough of this type feed back.

C.S. rule 1: don`t blow smoke up a customers a--.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Went to 1. 5 MOA rifle. It went down the road.
I spoke of this earlier in this thread. It's the primary reason I buy few used guns.

It was brand new ever we got it. The guy who bought it knew exactly what he was getting. He just wanted to say he had a Nosler rifle in 28 Nos
Posted By: jaguartx Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/24/21
I think I'd buy a Browning if I wanted a 6 Creed...

Id take up golf.
Posted By: krp Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/24/21
https://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/93839-28-nosler-updated-pic-11121/

Here's a remington chambered in nosler 28 for sale. Looks like it shoots good.

Kent
Posted By: UPhiker Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by krp
https://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/93839-28-nosler-updated-pic-11121/

Here's a remington chambered in nosler 28 for sale. Looks like it shoots good.

Kent

But it doesn't have a "bragging name" on it.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/24/21
I hope you don't live in a community property State, Paul.
Posted By: Cluggins Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/25/21
It's a shame that there is no technology that would allow you to send yourself a notification when you time bind yourself to a customer. If there were, it could have prevented Nosler from standing their bitchy customer up 3-4 times.
Posted By: BayouRover Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/25/21
Originally Posted by Cluggins
It's a shame that there is no technology that would allow you to send yourself a notification when you time bind yourself to a customer. If there were, it could have prevented Nosler from standing their bitchy customer up 3-4 times.

laugh
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/26/21
My email to Daniel may have led him to believe a response wasn't necessary. He has not responded. I forwarded this to Patrick Mundy, the VP for sales and marketing, for his visibility.
I just got a call from Pat Mundy, Nosler's VP of sales and marketing. He was aware of my issue. He said he tried to call last week and again Monday, but must have had the wrong number. I guess Nosler has another problem. Keeping track of the contact information of customers who have to return rifles.

I am frightening technically challenged. I have no doubts though that I could come up with an electronic status board to track returns and prompt me to follow up when I told a customer I would follow up. When I authorized a return I'd add the Customer name, address, email and phone number. Customer service 101 stuff.

That aside, he took responsibility for the problem. He acknowledged they had screwed to pooch. He said Shilen had sent them a replacement barrel, but it had been misappropriated to a different project while it was in the shop waiting to be installed. They have a new barrel coming. He guessed it would take a week to get it in and no more than a week to get it installed. I told him that if the rifle hadn't been repaired within a month, that I'd like a follow up. That's where we stand.
Happy ending I hope
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Happy ending I hope

Call me a cynic, but with that phone call we can add two more failures to the list.

They lost track of my barrel and they lost my phone number.
Posted By: horse1 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/26/21
I just got a call from Pat Mundy, Nosler's VP of sales and marketing. He was aware of my issue. He said he tried to call last week and again Monday, but must have had the wrong number. I guess Nosler has another problem. Keeping track of the contact information of customers who have to return rifles.

I am frightening technically challenged. I have no doubts though that I could come up with an electronic status board to track returns and prompt me to follow up when I told a customer I would follow up. When I authorized a return I'd add the Customer name, address, email and phone number. Customer service 101 stuff.

That aside, he took responsibility for the problem. He acknowledged they had screwed to pooch. He said Shilen had sent them a replacement barrel, but it had been misappropriated to a different project while it was in the shop waiting to be installed. They have a new barrel coming. He guessed it would take a week to get it in and no more than a week to get it installed. I told him that if the rifle hadn't been repaired within a month, that I'd like a follow up. That's where we stand.

It's Tuesday. If they gave even the littlest bit of a schidt the Bbl would be in-house by Thursday AM and accuracy would be verified before the gunsmith left on Friday afternoon.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/26/21

After dropping the ball half a dozen times, I dislike the "We'll see" of how you left things. I would have asked for notification when the Shilen barrel came in, and then notification of when the barrel is installed/chambered, and then another notification of the results of the test-fire, including a photo of the target. Then finally, a last notification of the rifle being shipped, and exactly when I could expect its arrival. When you are dealing with people who have the comprehension of children when it comes to responsibility, you have to make them accountable for every step, otherwise, the fumbling will continue.
Posted By: windridge Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/26/21
I think Nosler are some of the last of the Good Guys and are a responsible and proud company. "Clusters" happen sometimes. They seem to have owned up to it and are genuinely trying to sort it out.

It's Tuesday. If they gave even the littlest bit of a schidt the Bbl would be in-house by Thursday AM and accuracy would be verified before the gunsmith left on Friday afternoon.

He told me they would have to chamber the barrel. I guess Shilen bores it and Nosler chambers it.
Posted By: Teal Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/26/21
Nosler doesn't have a single barrel in house in your caliber to be used immediately? Understand they need to fit it yet but I find that VERY hard to believe that just like your barrel got "borrowed" for someone else - the same couldn't happen for you. Be it new production or whatever.

You got sold a line...

After dropping the ball half a dozen times, I dislike the "We'll see" of how you left things. I would have asked for notification when the Shilen barrel came in, and then notification of when the barrel is installed/chambered, and then another notification of the results of the test-fire, including a photo of the target. Then finally, a last notification of the rifle being shipped, and exactly when I could expect its arrival. When you are dealing with people who have the comprehension of children when it comes to responsibility, you have to make them accountable for every step, otherwise, the fumbling will continue.

If I gave a damn, I would have asked for that. At this point I am largely over it and expect further errors.

But you left out an important part if they were to communicate step by step. "Confirm customer's mailing address." The way they are running the show, they may end up sending it to you. Then I'd owe you a damn apology.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/26/21

If I gave a damn, I would have asked for that. At this point I am largely over it and expect further errors.

But you left out an important part if they were to communicate step by step. "Confirm customer's mailing address." The way they are running the show, they may end up sending it to you. Then I'd owe you a damn apology.

If it shows up here, I'll send it your way, Paul. Whole thing reminds me of the Brady Bunch in Hawaii. I don't want that rifle within 500 miles. Bad luck.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Happy ending I hope

Call me a cynic, but with that phone call we can add two more failures to the list.

They lost track of my barrel and they lost my phone number.

I would have told them off three times by now 🤣
Posted By: horse1 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/26/21

He told me they would have to chamber the barrel. I guess Shilen bores it and Nosler chambers it.

Again, if they gave a schidt the bbl could be in-house by Thursday AM, at which point there's no reason in the world that one of their 'smiths couldn't have it threaded, chambered, headspaced, and accuracy tested before quitting time on Friday. Now, they might have to spin the bbl back off to complete the finish, but, if I were them, I'd not put a finish on your bbl until I was certain that it was accurate. No thing to re-install after finishing.

It's not like they have to re-tool a lathe for a one-off action, their 48 is the only one they work on.

They're jacking you off with grade 3 steel-wool mittens.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 01/26/21
Won't comment up til the most recent fumble. If you're over it and they are still s.hitting the bed at every opportunity its time to get a refund and move on with life - no excuses, no explanations, no tomorrow. Gimme dat money, bye.

...Skip to the "f.uck you, pay me's" if you need an example.

Again, if they gave a schidt the bbl could be in-house by Thursday AM, at which point there's no reason in the world that one of their 'smiths couldn't have it threaded, chambered, headspaced, and accuracy tested before quitting time on Friday. Now, they might have to spin the bbl back off to complete the finish, but, if I were them, I'd not put a finish on your bbl until I was certain that it was accurate. No thing to re-install after finishing.

It's not like they have to re-tool a lathe for a one-off action, their 48 is the only one they work on.

They're jacking you off with grade 3 steel-wool mittens.

I figured they used USPS for the shipping and may end up fuhgking me up the ass with a cactus, so I am just happy to be where I am.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/09/21
Pat Mundy messaged me yesterday. He said the gun should be ready to ship today. Asked if I had an FFL that I use. Seems that they had to replace the receiver too.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/09/21
I don't understand that, unless they fuucked it up removing the barrel? Or they sent you out a brokeback receiver the first time.

Thanks for the warning, Paul. If I ever feel the desire to buy a Nosler rifle, I'll go get a bunch of scratch-offs instead. At least those will be fun for a while.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/11/21
The rifle was tested yesterday and gave .7s with two different factory loads. It was shipped to my FFL today. They are sending quite a bit of ammo to my home address for my troubles.
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/11/21
.7”?
That might be accurate enough for elephants 😉
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/11/21
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
.7”?
That might be accurate enough for elephants 😉

I had already bought dies, brass and bullets. There are no 6 creed substitutes on the market. I guess I'll give it a try and see how it does. With my luck, if I unloaded the thing I'd probably end up having to ship its replacement back to the factory.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/11/21
The rifle was tested yesterday and gave .7s with two different factory loads. It was shipped to my FFL today. They are sending quite a bit of ammo to my home address for my troubles.

This sounds OK considering everything.A new gun and free ammo. Word.
Posted By: hanco Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/11/21
I just bought a 338 barrel from Shilen. They told me and the gunsmith it was in stock. After about two weeks I called, apparently it wasn’t in stock, Be six weeks before it ships. We are having problems at work getting parts too.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/12/21
A poster on the Nosler Forum had been following my thread there. He posted this earlier today:

"Bumped into a guy at my local gun store Tuesday, sales guy from Nosler. He said Nosler is running double shifts in most areas and looking to do more. Raw material is not an issue for them it’s mechanically inclined labor force they are short on to run the machinery. They could use more machinists to be sure but these are more entry level jobs in the trade. Nobody wants to work apparently.
I asked him about Paul’s rifle. He swore. Apparently everybody knows, said he hadn’t ever seen (mentioned a name I didn’t catch) so mad. Apparently this was mishandle from the start, those down the chain thought they could avoid falling on their sword kinda thing.
Didn’t really quiz him because it was clear he didn’t have first hand knowledge, now I read where the rifle is in the mail."
Posted By: Valsdad Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/12/21
Interesting Paul.

Always good to have "insider info".

Good luck with the new rifle.
Paul hope it does like it should.
I have a husqvarna k970 with a 14” abrasive blade you can borrow Paul. I was close doing it to my Montana, til Hawk Hill saved the day.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/12/21

That's (almost) enough to get me to buy a Nosler rifle on the off chance they'd send me a lemon and, after the CS dance, give me a bunch of ammo to make me feel better.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/12/21
Tikka
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/12/21
Tikka

Yeah, I know. That's what I get for trying to support American manufacturing.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/19/21
I picked up the rifle from my FFL today. Given that I don't have any other 6 Creed hunting rifle options right now, I decided to keep it. I mounted a scope and will hopefully shoot it next weekend. I'll let you know how it works out.

Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/27/21
I had a chance to shoot today. She's a shooter to be sure. I didn't measure the group, but that's a 3/4 inch dot, so I am guessing 1/2 center to center.

Posted By: goalie Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/27/21
I had a chance to shoot today. She's a shooter to be sure. I didn't measure the group, but that's a 3/4 inch dot, so I am guessing 1/2 center to center.

At 15 yards?

(Sorry, had to 😂)
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/27/21
Honeymoon is back on!
Originally Posted by goalie

At 15 yards?

(Sorry, had to 😂)

I am insulted. I was backed off to 25.
Honeymoon is back on!

Jim, see that yellow tag on the tractor? That's the service tag from when it went in for warranty repair. I am not joking either.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/27/21

You KNOW you don't want that hunk-o-junk. I'll give you $200 for it.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/27/21
Might consider selling it now..................................

before it goes to scheidt...........................

given your luck!

Glad is seems to be working fine now.
Posted By: grovey Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/27/21
That should be good enough for a liberal pos like you.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/27/21
Honeymoon is back on!

Jim, see that yellow tag on the tractor? That's the service tag from when it went in for warranty repair. I am not joking either.

Hmmm.....that is funny.......in a sort of disabled clown kind of way.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/27/21

Yeah, but the holes aren't on the dot so you'd better send it back to Nosler and have them fix it again.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/27/21
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Yeah, but the holes aren't on the dot so you'd better send it back to Nosler and have them fix it again.

Nah, he just drew the square in the wrong place on the paper.
Originally Posted by grovey
That should be good enough for a liberal pos like you.

Vag lips queef what?
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by NVhntr

Nah, he just drew the square in the wrong place on the paper.

I shot the group at a blank piece of paper then drew the square and put the dot in it.
Posted By: aheider Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/27/21
Paul,

Glad it worked out. A friend of mine played the Nosler rifle rodeo too and sent it back several times after it was reportedly fixed.... it took months to sort out and ultimately was given credit towards a new rifle. So far the replacement has been good to go. Unfortunately after hearing his woes of horrible customer service and the time it took to make the situation right I would never buy one from Nosler.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/28/21
I haven't held a Nosler rifle for a long time. However, when they first came out I did, IMO, the stock design was a POS. It felt like a slightly refined 2x4, yet the rifle was priced like a custom. To me, if it wad chambered to a magnum cartridge, the bolt handle was likely to rap my knuckles. No thank you.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/28/21
See what that bad boy will do in the 40 yard.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/28/21
Originally Posted by AB2506
I haven't held a Nosler rifle for a long time. However, when they first came out I did, IMO, the stock design was a POS. It felt like a slightly refined 2x4, yet the rifle was priced like a custom. To me, if it wad chambered to a magnum cartridge, the bolt handle was likely to rap my knuckles. No thank you.

What Paul likes , a pig with lipstick
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/28/21

I love the stock on this rifle. From an ergonomic standpoint, it feels like a natural extension of my body. I am glad it's a shooter. Damn shame the route I had to take to get it there.
Posted By: irfubar Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/28/21
A happy ending...... woohoo smile
Hope it still shoots better when you get the load it really likes.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: My Divorce From Nosler - 02/28/21

I like tang safety Rugers.

I love the stock on this rifle. From an ergonomic standpoint, it feels like a natural extension of my body. I am glad it's a shooter. Damn shame the route I had to take to get it there.

I'm pretty sure that they have changed everything but the action since I held the first version of their custom rifle. I can't comment on the current stock. I'm glad you like it.

I like tang safety Rugers.

No argument from me. Nice rifles. I still have my 25-06.
© 24hourcampfire