-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Of all the new BS to come out, there is only one that has my attention.
Its the Savage 110 Ultralight with a proof research barrel 1200.00.
Just the barrel is 900.00. I am not a savage fan, but this is one that I might break down and have to have.
Not decided on caliber but it come in 6, 6.5 creed 270, 27, 28 nosler, 300wsm.
I would bet god money that this will be a huge success, and a great shooter.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Handled a Nosler M48 today at Cabelas. Felt like a really nice Howa. I liked it a lot from what I could tell. OP - if you get your rifle back, send it my way!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Good for you. I would think they don`t get enough of this type feed back.

C.S. rule 1: don`t blow smoke up a customers a--.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Went to 1. 5 MOA rifle. It went down the road.
I spoke of this earlier in this thread. It's the primary reason I buy few used guns.

It was brand new ever we got it. The guy who bought it knew exactly what he was getting. He just wanted to say he had a Nosler rifle in 28 Nos

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I think I'd buy a Browning if I wanted a 6 Creed...

Id take up golf.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
https://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/93839-28-nosler-updated-pic-11121/

Here's a remington chambered in nosler 28 for sale. Looks like it shoots good.

Kent

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by krp
https://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/93839-28-nosler-updated-pic-11121/

Here's a remington chambered in nosler 28 for sale. Looks like it shoots good.

Kent

But it doesn't have a "bragging name" on it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I hope you don't live in a community property State, Paul.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It's a shame that there is no technology that would allow you to send yourself a notification when you time bind yourself to a customer. If there were, it could have prevented Nosler from standing their bitchy customer up 3-4 times.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Cluggins
It's a shame that there is no technology that would allow you to send yourself a notification when you time bind yourself to a customer. If there were, it could have prevented Nosler from standing their bitchy customer up 3-4 times.

laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My email to Daniel may have led him to believe a response wasn't necessary. He has not responded. I forwarded this to Patrick Mundy, the VP for sales and marketing, for his visibility.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I just got a call from Pat Mundy, Nosler's VP of sales and marketing. He was aware of my issue. He said he tried to call last week and again Monday, but must have had the wrong number. I guess Nosler has another problem. Keeping track of the contact information of customers who have to return rifles.

I am frightening technically challenged. I have no doubts though that I could come up with an electronic status board to track returns and prompt me to follow up when I told a customer I would follow up. When I authorized a return I'd add the Customer name, address, email and phone number. Customer service 101 stuff.

That aside, he took responsibility for the problem. He acknowledged they had screwed to pooch. He said Shilen had sent them a replacement barrel, but it had been misappropriated to a different project while it was in the shop waiting to be installed. They have a new barrel coming. He guessed it would take a week to get it in and no more than a week to get it installed. I told him that if the rifle hadn't been repaired within a month, that I'd like a follow up. That's where we stand.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Happy ending I hope

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Happy ending I hope

Call me a cynic, but with that phone call we can add two more failures to the list.

They lost track of my barrel and they lost my phone number.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I just got a call from Pat Mundy, Nosler's VP of sales and marketing. He was aware of my issue. He said he tried to call last week and again Monday, but must have had the wrong number. I guess Nosler has another problem. Keeping track of the contact information of customers who have to return rifles.

I am frightening technically challenged. I have no doubts though that I could come up with an electronic status board to track returns and prompt me to follow up when I told a customer I would follow up. When I authorized a return I'd add the Customer name, address, email and phone number. Customer service 101 stuff.

That aside, he took responsibility for the problem. He acknowledged they had screwed to pooch. He said Shilen had sent them a replacement barrel, but it had been misappropriated to a different project while it was in the shop waiting to be installed. They have a new barrel coming. He guessed it would take a week to get it in and no more than a week to get it installed. I told him that if the rifle hadn't been repaired within a month, that I'd like a follow up. That's where we stand.

It's Tuesday. If they gave even the littlest bit of a schidt the Bbl would be in-house by Thursday AM and accuracy would be verified before the gunsmith left on Friday afternoon.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

After dropping the ball half a dozen times, I dislike the "We'll see" of how you left things. I would have asked for notification when the Shilen barrel came in, and then notification of when the barrel is installed/chambered, and then another notification of the results of the test-fire, including a photo of the target. Then finally, a last notification of the rifle being shipped, and exactly when I could expect its arrival. When you are dealing with people who have the comprehension of children when it comes to responsibility, you have to make them accountable for every step, otherwise, the fumbling will continue.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I think Nosler are some of the last of the Good Guys and are a responsible and proud company. "Clusters" happen sometimes. They seem to have owned up to it and are genuinely trying to sort it out.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by horse1

It's Tuesday. If they gave even the littlest bit of a schidt the Bbl would be in-house by Thursday AM and accuracy would be verified before the gunsmith left on Friday afternoon.

He told me they would have to chamber the barrel. I guess Shilen bores it and Nosler chambers it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nosler doesn't have a single barrel in house in your caliber to be used immediately? Understand they need to fit it yet but I find that VERY hard to believe that just like your barrel got "borrowed" for someone else - the same couldn't happen for you. Be it new production or whatever.

You got sold a line...

Me

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

After dropping the ball half a dozen times, I dislike the "We'll see" of how you left things. I would have asked for notification when the Shilen barrel came in, and then notification of when the barrel is installed/chambered, and then another notification of the results of the test-fire, including a photo of the target. Then finally, a last notification of the rifle being shipped, and exactly when I could expect its arrival. When you are dealing with people who have the comprehension of children when it comes to responsibility, you have to make them accountable for every step, otherwise, the fumbling will continue.

If I gave a damn, I would have asked for that. At this point I am largely over it and expect further errors.

But you left out an important part if they were to communicate step by step. "Confirm customer's mailing address." The way they are running the show, they may end up sending it to you. Then I'd owe you a damn apology.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 71 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,776
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.