Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I just got a call from Pat Mundy, Nosler's VP of sales and marketing. He was aware of my issue. He said he tried to call last week and again Monday, but must have had the wrong number. I guess Nosler has another problem. Keeping track of the contact information of customers who have to return rifles.

I am frightening technically challenged. I have no doubts though that I could come up with an electronic status board to track returns and prompt me to follow up when I told a customer I would follow up. When I authorized a return I'd add the Customer name, address, email and phone number. Customer service 101 stuff.

That aside, he took responsibility for the problem. He acknowledged they had screwed to pooch. He said Shilen had sent them a replacement barrel, but it had been misappropriated to a different project while it was in the shop waiting to be installed. They have a new barrel coming. He guessed it would take a week to get it in and no more than a week to get it installed. I told him that if the rifle hadn't been repaired within a month, that I'd like a follow up. That's where we stand.

After dropping the ball half a dozen times, I dislike the "We'll see" of how you left things. I would have asked for notification when the Shilen barrel came in, and then notification of when the barrel is installed/chambered, and then another notification of the results of the test-fire, including a photo of the target. Then finally, a last notification of the rifle being shipped, and exactly when I could expect its arrival. When you are dealing with people who have the comprehension of children when it comes to responsibility, you have to make them accountable for every step, otherwise, the fumbling will continue.

If I gave a damn, I would have asked for that. At this point I am largely over it and expect further errors.

But you left out an important part if they were to communicate step by step. "Confirm customer's mailing address." The way they are running the show, they may end up sending it to you. Then I'd owe you a damn apology.

If it shows up here, I'll send it your way, Paul. Whole thing reminds me of the Brady Bunch in Hawaii. I don't want that rifle within 500 miles. Bad luck.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Happy ending I hope

Call me a cynic, but with that phone call we can add two more failures to the list.

They lost track of my barrel and they lost my phone number.

I would have told them off three times by now 🤣

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by horse1
I just got a call from Pat Mundy, Nosler's VP of sales and marketing. He was aware of my issue. He said he tried to call last week and again Monday, but must have had the wrong number. I guess Nosler has another problem. Keeping track of the contact information of customers who have to return rifles.

I am frightening technically challenged. I have no doubts though that I could come up with an electronic status board to track returns and prompt me to follow up when I told a customer I would follow up. When I authorized a return I'd add the Customer name, address, email and phone number. Customer service 101 stuff.

That aside, he took responsibility for the problem. He acknowledged they had screwed to pooch. He said Shilen had sent them a replacement barrel, but it had been misappropriated to a different project while it was in the shop waiting to be installed. They have a new barrel coming. He guessed it would take a week to get it in and no more than a week to get it installed. I told him that if the rifle hadn't been repaired within a month, that I'd like a follow up. That's where we stand.

It's Tuesday. If they gave even the littlest bit of a schidt the Bbl would be in-house by Thursday AM and accuracy would be verified before the gunsmith left on Friday afternoon.

He told me they would have to chamber the barrel. I guess Shilen bores it and Nosler chambers it.

Again, if they gave a schidt the bbl could be in-house by Thursday AM, at which point there's no reason in the world that one of their 'smiths couldn't have it threaded, chambered, headspaced, and accuracy tested before quitting time on Friday. Now, they might have to spin the bbl back off to complete the finish, but, if I were them, I'd not put a finish on your bbl until I was certain that it was accurate. No thing to re-install after finishing.

It's not like they have to re-tool a lathe for a one-off action, their 48 is the only one they work on.

They're jacking you off with grade 3 steel-wool mittens.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Won't comment up til the most recent fumble. If you're over it and they are still s.hitting the bed at every opportunity its time to get a refund and move on with life - no excuses, no explanations, no tomorrow. Gimme dat money, bye.

...Skip to the "f.uck you, pay me's" if you need an example.

Last edited by hillestadj; 01/26/21.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

It's Tuesday. If they gave even the littlest bit of a schidt the Bbl would be in-house by Thursday AM and accuracy would be verified before the gunsmith left on Friday afternoon.

He told me they would have to chamber the barrel. I guess Shilen bores it and Nosler chambers it.

Again, if they gave a schidt the bbl could be in-house by Thursday AM, at which point there's no reason in the world that one of their 'smiths couldn't have it threaded, chambered, headspaced, and accuracy tested before quitting time on Friday. Now, they might have to spin the bbl back off to complete the finish, but, if I were them, I'd not put a finish on your bbl until I was certain that it was accurate. No thing to re-install after finishing.

It's not like they have to re-tool a lathe for a one-off action, their 48 is the only one they work on.

They're jacking you off with grade 3 steel-wool mittens.

I figured they used USPS for the shipping and may end up fuhgking me up the ass with a cactus, so I am just happy to be where I am.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Pat Mundy messaged me yesterday. He said the gun should be ready to ship today. Asked if I had an FFL that I use. Seems that they had to replace the receiver too.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 02/09/21.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I don't understand that, unless they fuucked it up removing the barrel? Or they sent you out a brokeback receiver the first time.

Thanks for the warning, Paul. If I ever feel the desire to buy a Nosler rifle, I'll go get a bunch of scratch-offs instead. At least those will be fun for a while.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The rifle was tested yesterday and gave .7s with two different factory loads. It was shipped to my FFL today. They are sending quite a bit of ammo to my home address for my troubles.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
.7”?
That might be accurate enough for elephants 😉

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
.7”?
That might be accurate enough for elephants 😉

I had already bought dies, brass and bullets. There are no 6 creed substitutes on the market. I guess I'll give it a try and see how it does. With my luck, if I unloaded the thing I'd probably end up having to ship its replacement back to the factory.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The rifle was tested yesterday and gave .7s with two different factory loads. It was shipped to my FFL today. They are sending quite a bit of ammo to my home address for my troubles.

This sounds OK considering everything.A new gun and free ammo. Word.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I just bought a 338 barrel from Shilen. They told me and the gunsmith it was in stock. After about two weeks I called, apparently it wasn’t in stock, Be six weeks before it ships. We are having problems at work getting parts too.

Last edited by hanco; 02/11/21.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A poster on the Nosler Forum had been following my thread there. He posted this earlier today:

"Bumped into a guy at my local gun store Tuesday, sales guy from Nosler. He said Nosler is running double shifts in most areas and looking to do more. Raw material is not an issue for them it’s mechanically inclined labor force they are short on to run the machinery. They could use more machinists to be sure but these are more entry level jobs in the trade. Nobody wants to work apparently.
I asked him about Paul’s rifle. He swore. Apparently everybody knows, said he hadn’t ever seen (mentioned a name I didn’t catch) so mad. Apparently this was mishandle from the start, those down the chain thought they could avoid falling on their sword kinda thing.
Didn’t really quiz him because it was clear he didn’t have first hand knowledge, now I read where the rifle is in the mail."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting Paul.

Always good to have "insider info".

Good luck with the new rifle.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Paul hope it does like it should.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have a husqvarna k970 with a 14” abrasive blade you can borrow Paul. I was close doing it to my Montana, til Hawk Hill saved the day.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

That's (almost) enough to get me to buy a Nosler rifle on the off chance they'd send me a lemon and, after the CS dance, give me a bunch of ammo to make me feel better.

Mathew 22: 37-39

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Tikka

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Tikka

Yeah, I know. That's what I get for trying to support American manufacturing.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I picked up the rifle from my FFL today. Given that I don't have any other 6 Creed hunting rifle options right now, I decided to keep it. I mounted a scope and will hopefully shoot it next weekend. I'll let you know how it works out.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

209 members (257 mag, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 15 invisible), 1,651 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,867
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.