Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Sounds kinda like my divorce from weatherby.
7mm fibermark 1985 or so.
Shot a solid MOB.. minute of barn door. With every load I tried.
Sent it down the road and have run custom builds ever since... Looking at the prices on the Noslers .. and the problems you've had ..
Get it your way and go custom..
All the years and all the builds I've only had one that I would consider a flop...
Dave

I got what should have been a solid deal on this one at $1200 from Grab a Gun. At this point with my streak of bad luck with this tier of rifles, I'd go apeschidt if a custom was defective.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
1200?

Thats basically a fancy Remington.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Just saw and commented on your post on the Nosler forum.

P

I doubt they are going to let that stand for long. But hey, if they are so busy they can't manage QC, maybe they won't have time to send me and my thread packing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Sounds kinda like my divorce from weatherby.
7mm fibermark 1985 or so.
Shot a solid MOB.. minute of barn door. With every load I tried.
Sent it down the road and have run custom builds ever since... Looking at the prices on the Noslers .. and the problems you've had ..
Get it your way and go custom..
All the years and all the builds I've only had one that I would consider a flop...
Dave

I got what should have been a solid deal on this one at $1200 from Grab a Gun. At this point with my streak of bad luck with this tier of rifles, I'd go apeschidt if a custom was defective.

I'm hear to tell you it can happen.
Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by muleshoe
You certainly have had seriously bad luck with some higher end rifles.

Starting to think its maybe....juuuuuust maybe....its not the rifles that have the problem. grin

lol

No way

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Find a local.
Young guy who's serious and hungry.
Avoid the me too , celebrity gunsmith.
Handy as heck to drop it off and get it back the next day.
Or in some cases the same day.
I'm spoiled that way.
My guy is a 15 minute drive from my house...handy

Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Well done letter .In the past it would have little impact but with todays networking thousands will know of Nosler's poor performance and worse CS. Cost of acquisition of customers is a major burden and should not be taken lightly.

Over many years as a hunter and shooter I have learned a hard lesson, stick w/ Glocks and Tikkasgrin

PS you must really enjoy typing.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Was there any direct communication with anyone other than Daniel at Nosler ?

Hate to see one bad apple spoiling the entire company, If that would be the case.

Sorry if I've missed it if this info has been posted.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunzo
Was there any direct communication with anyone other than Daniel at Nosler ?

Hate to see one bad apple spoiling the entire company, If that would be the case.

Sorry if I've missed it if this info has been posted.

Only in the initial phone call.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Lots of presumptions being made here......this could be an isolated incident to their otherwise stellar service....or maybe not. Who knows?

I'd get Daniel on the phone again and tell him you want to talk to one of his bosses that can't be fired then visit with him about the situation. Maybe this Daniel guy is the only one who knows about it? It would be my job to make sure his superiors know about it, going all the way to the top if I had to. There will be someone in the chain that does care about your situation I guarantee. Emails can and do get lost in spam, etc all the time, and they likely get so many they may not read yours for days, weeks, ever, etc. I'd rather chew someon's azzz out face to face or on the phone than by email or text.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Here is the email I just sent them. I have made some minor modifications to get past our profanity filters. I decided not to post the entire email string. Should anyone have legitimate doubts as to the veracity of my claims, I can post the string, but it won't reflect anything different from my summary.

As always I welcome any and all feedback. Don't care if you call me a whiny cundt.

Daniel:

I am going to level with you. Initially I was disappointed in Nosler over this. Now I am pissed. If you review the email string you will see a chain of failures on your part. I'll delineate those failures. "You" means Nosler.

1. You failed to execute proper manufacturing of the rifle
2. You failed to exercise the level of QC that would have trapped the error at the manufacturing facility.
3. When you sent the email that authorized the return of the defective rifle, you told me you'd email me when you got it. You did not email me when you got it. I had to nudge you for that info.
4. When I asked for an estimate of turn around time you said you'd soon know and implied you'd communicate that to me. You did not communicate that to me. I had to nudge you twice to get you to tell me that it was a bad barrel that would have to be replaced.
5. After not hearing from you for roughly 2 months, I messaged you to check on my gun. At that point you told me it should be ready by the end of December. Here we are 3 weeks beyond the end of December, and I haven't heard anything. We are running up on nearly 5 months of the rifle being back in your hands.

I am well aware that we are in unusual times due to Covid and the rush on guns. When I sent my Christensen Arms Mesa back for failure to eject, they told me right up front that they'd turn it around very quickly and they did. When I had to send my Remington 700 HS Precision back for a cracked stock and failure to feed they told me it would take about 12 weeks. I knew what to expect. I got the gun back in about 11 weeks, and I didn't burden them with any communication in the interim. Both of those were during Covid and the rush on guns. Hell, Remington did that with one foot in the corporate grave.

From my seat you have issues. You are certainly mismanaging communications. You may be trying to placate me by telling me it will be ready soon. Nobody likes to be bullschidt. You may be overwhelmed. If that's the case you should have told me right up front. You may just be really bad at customer service. Whatever the reason, you have me utterly disgusted at the gagglefugk that has been this gun purchase and repair.

Put yourself in my shoes. I have been a lifelong Nosler bullet fan and a recent Nosler brass convert. I have trusted the best hunts of my life to your bullets. It was that confidence that led me to "treat myself" to a Nosler rifle. What am I supposed to think?

Nosler has lost me. I just placed a heavy order with Swift. There is nothing your Accubonds and Partitions will do that their Sciroccos and A-Frames won't do. At this point I don't care what you do with the rifle. If and when I get it back, I am going to sell it, and I honestly don't care if I get it back at all. If you'd like, you are welcome to hang it in your office as a reminder of how not to treat a customer. I want nothing to do with Nosler anymore. You've lost my trust.

I'll close out by telling you this is going to be an ugly divorce. I participate in a large number of internet discussion forums, to include your own Nosler Forum. A copy and paste of this email string is going to be posted on all of them so that consumers can get a glimpse of what Nosler has become.

Really Pissed,
Paul

I don't think this was very well written. The comparisons to the service of multiple competitor's would get you written off as a serial whiner. Justified or not.

The last paragraph conveys they same.

I would just stick to the facts of the rifle they made and have yet to fix and keep the timeline in context.

Good luck regardless,
Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
1200?

What does a fancy Remington run these days?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
1200?

What does a fancy Remington run these days?

I think he means that the Nosler is basically a tarted up Remington - sizzle, no steak etc.

Me

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
That's a very good letter. What's the title of the guy you sent it to?

If I were the CEO and got a letter even remotely like that, it would be a subject at the next executive meeting. And then I would send you a letter thanking you and enclosing a gift certificate. Your rifle (if not already shipped) would be shipped the day after I got the letter.

Everybody who is not a moron knows it's a lot easier to keep existing customers than to gt new ones. There's nothing worse not doing what you told the customer you were going to do. If you can't follow through, for reasons out of your control, tell the customer and apologize.

If you were the CEO of anything, the company wouldn't last a single quarter.

LOL

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
That's a very good letter. What's the title of the guy you sent it to?

If I were the CEO and got a letter even remotely like that, it would be a subject at the next executive meeting. And then I would send you a letter thanking you and enclosing a gift certificate. Your rifle (if not already shipped) would be shipped the day after I got the letter.

Everybody who is not a moron knows it's a lot easier to keep existing customers than to gt new ones. There's nothing worse not doing what you told the customer you were going to do. If you can't follow through, for reasons out of your control, tell the customer and apologize.

If you were the CEO of anything, the company wouldn't last a single quarter.

LOL

Nice talk, dimbulb. It lasted a lot longer than that. If I had an old cussing drunk that couldn't address what people actually posted, that drumk wouldn't have lasted a day. Profit by the free advice.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Here is the email I just sent them. I have made some minor modifications to get past our profanity filters. I decided not to post the entire email string. Should anyone have legitimate doubts as to the veracity of my claims, I can post the string, but it won't reflect anything different from my summary.

As always I welcome any and all feedback. Don't care if you call me a whiny cundt.

Daniel:

I am going to level with you. Initially I was disappointed in Nosler over this. Now I am pissed. If you review the email string you will see a chain of failures on your part. I'll delineate those failures. "You" means Nosler.

1. You failed to execute proper manufacturing of the rifle
2. You failed to exercise the level of QC that would have trapped the error at the manufacturing facility.
3. When you sent the email that authorized the return of the defective rifle, you told me you'd email me when you got it. You did not email me when you got it. I had to nudge you for that info.
4. When I asked for an estimate of turn around time you said you'd soon know and implied you'd communicate that to me. You did not communicate that to me. I had to nudge you twice to get you to tell me that it was a bad barrel that would have to be replaced.
5. After not hearing from you for roughly 2 months, I messaged you to check on my gun. At that point you told me it should be ready by the end of December. Here we are 3 weeks beyond the end of December, and I haven't heard anything. We are running up on nearly 5 months of the rifle being back in your hands.

I am well aware that we are in unusual times due to Covid and the rush on guns. When I sent my Christensen Arms Mesa back for failure to eject, they told me right up front that they'd turn it around very quickly and they did. When I had to send my Remington 700 HS Precision back for a cracked stock and failure to feed they told me it would take about 12 weeks. I knew what to expect. I got the gun back in about 11 weeks, and I didn't burden them with any communication in the interim. Both of those were during Covid and the rush on guns. Hell, Remington did that with one foot in the corporate grave.

From my seat you have issues. You are certainly mismanaging communications. You may be trying to placate me by telling me it will be ready soon. Nobody likes to be bullschidt. You may be overwhelmed. If that's the case you should have told me right up front. You may just be really bad at customer service. Whatever the reason, you have me utterly disgusted at the gagglefugk that has been this gun purchase and repair.

Put yourself in my shoes. I have been a lifelong Nosler bullet fan and a recent Nosler brass convert. I have trusted the best hunts of my life to your bullets. It was that confidence that led me to "treat myself" to a Nosler rifle. What am I supposed to think?

Nosler has lost me. I just placed a heavy order with Swift. There is nothing your Accubonds and Partitions will do that their Sciroccos and A-Frames won't do. At this point I don't care what you do with the rifle. If and when I get it back, I am going to sell it, and I honestly don't care if I get it back at all. If you'd like, you are welcome to hang it in your office as a reminder of how not to treat a customer. I want nothing to do with Nosler anymore. You've lost my trust.

I'll close out by telling you this is going to be an ugly divorce. I participate in a large number of internet discussion forums, to include your own Nosler Forum. A copy and paste of this email string is going to be posted on all of them so that consumers can get a glimpse of what Nosler has become.

Really Pissed,
Paul

I don't think this was very well written. The comparisons to the service of multiple competitor's would get you written off as a serial whiner. Justified or not.

The last paragraph conveys they same.

I would just stick to the facts of the rifle they made and have yet to fix and keep the timeline in context.

Good luck regardless,
Clark

Thank you for your considered response.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you have a scabbard mounted on the bike?
Someone's thought that Nosler does not build the rifles seems pregnant - particularly in light of their messy communication.
Never having ordered a rifle to be built, and only having bought one new CF rifle in 60 years, I would probably be bonkers with the failures you have experienced.
Finding very good used rifles has been a blessing - often can learn a lot from interacting with the PO. If a guy is careful and knows a few things, that route seems to yield far better outcomes for the $$ spent.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've been anti Nosler since before it was vogue, but that's another story.

The OP does seem a bit whiney and overly demanding of rifles, but that's just my initial thoughts. I'd like to get Nosler's side of the story. Keep on keeping on, I guess.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
When the M48 came out I bought a .308. The supplied target showed 1/2". It shot 2" groups off bags but 1/2" in a lead sled. Basically the fit on the stock.

I am pretty stupid. so 6 months later I bought a 260 off the local gun trader. Same thing 2" groups off the bags but 3/4" with the lead sled. I hate their stock & won't buy another Nosler rifle.

Last edited by gahuntertom; 01/22/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think I can diagnose the root of the problem, but unfortunately it may not help Paul with his rifle.

What has been the source of Nosler's success? Innovative bullets with consistent quality.

Manufacturing bullets and ammunition is very different than manufacturing limited production rifles.

How many times do you use a bullet? Once, and it either works or it doesn't, but there aren't any bullet repairs to be made by the company regardless of outcome.

Additionally, the model for their core business is shipping product to distribution network(s) with retailers, not being the direct retailer. Their

Their rifle business is only tangentially related to their core business, and to be successful, those two business lines have different attributes. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread how 2nd and 3rd generation family members are involved in the family business. Internal pressure to start a new business line that a family member could run might be the reason for their rifle business. If you can reach the family member in charge of the rifle business you might get better attention.

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 204guy, 1badf350, 65 invisible), 3,018 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,196
Posts18,503,582
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.